BIONICLE MAFIA IX: SENTINELS OF THE DARKENED SKIES

Voltex

This game wasn't a total disaster, and I very much look forward to X, which I never intended to steal anyway. That was just to see if you would give us some answers.

The whole plan, however, shouldn't have ever worked at all. It depended on you, the host, creating a scene that didn't really happen, and making a player that was really alive, seem to be dead. It doesn't really matter that you forgot to update the player list.

But I must say that I do not think you are a failure as a host. I haven't seen any of your other games, except Four Tribes, which I thought was very creative and fun. But this game was exceptionally great, until you made the one mistake that almost completely changed the outcome of it.

That said, you do not get to blame us for being to attached to our traditions. I can't pick out any traditions in BZP Mafia, unless you count "generally having a Mafia", or "voting on who to kill". But expecting the host to be completely neutral, and not make someone that isn't dead seem to be, isn't a tradition. It's a necessity.

It's terrible that this turned out like this, and if it is anyone's fault, it's equally everyone's fault. The Mafia thought up the plan, you went with it, we all fell for it, and definitely got far too heated.

- :burnmad:

Host the next game. You did a good job, and you messed up. That's okay, everybody makes mistakes. Mistakes aren't bad, and they aren't good. But we do learn from them, and the experiences they provide.

What happened here, in this game, is not and never will be your fault. It's ours, the players. In our arrogance, we overlooked one very simple possibility, right in plain sight, the entire time. That one simply possibility? The possibility of one not PMing, therefore not doing anything, or, with the exception of one death, to put it otherwise, Missing In Action.

I apologise myself, not once, but three times. Firstly, for going against the Cult when I wasn't meant to in Cult III. Secondly, for listing the Descendant's roles in Cult-IV when I wasn't meant to. And thirdly, where we come to this very game.

There's no need to apologize for the Cult games - I do count the idea of the Cult (and the subsequent Mafia III series) as one of my more successful ideas. As for III-4, I merely overreacted.

This game wasn't a total disaster, and I very much look forward to X, which I never intended to steal anyway. That was just to see if you would give us some answers.

The whole plan, however, shouldn't have ever worked at all. It depended on you, the host, creating a scene that didn't really happen, and making a player that was really alive, seem to be dead. It doesn't really matter that you forgot to update the player list.

But I must say that I do not think you are a failure as a host. I haven't seen any of your other games, except Four Tribes, which I thought was very creative and fun. But this game was exceptionally great, until you made the one mistake that almost completely changed the outcome of it.

That said, you do not get to blame us for being to attached to our traditions. I can't pick out any traditions in BZP Mafia, unless you count "generally having a Mafia", or "voting on who to kill". But expecting the host to be completely neutral, and not make someone that isn't dead seem to be, isn't a tradition. It's a necessity.

It's terrible that this turned out like this, and if it is anyone's fault, it's equally everyone's fault. The Mafia thought up the plan, you went with it, we all fell for it, and definitely got far too heated.

I allowed the plan because it was legal within the rules of the game. As I have stated multiple times, I should have worded the scene differently.

As for your traditions - traditions of the Village winning (which you can't deny, what with the record of the Third Age), traditions of the Mafia always killing someone... even when you know what the plan was, you still consider it to have been illegal, merely because it is unorthodox. The execution was poor only through my poor wording.

Edited by Tex

Yeah, it was legal in theory. The thing is though, it would have fooled nobody if not for your wording. They can't have honestly not expected you to list Zakaro as MIA at the end of it, which is the point when it went from legal to illegal. If they had thought you wouldn't do that, there would have been no purpose for the plan, because it would have just wasted a kill, and resulted in our immediately lynching both Zakaro and Lhik.

I'm not going to continue arguing this point. I have given my point of view, and to be honest, after these past few days I'm quite surprised at the response I'm receiving from most members. Believe what you will, and I will stand by my decision. The least I can do is own it.

E: Fixed redundancy

E2: Could I get a filler post? Just in case the Epilogue is ready sooner than I thought.

Edited by Tex

Alright; after getting some time to actually process what's been happening...

I don't care about the plan, really. After I figured out exactly what happened, i did the same thing Xaeraz did; and immediately began to try to organize a response to it.

To be quite hoenst, we all overreacted a ton, and I said a few things I probably shouldn't've said. However, in my case, it was all outta straight up confusion, as I had never understood what had happened that one scene, despite that scene pointing the answer right in my face. xP

Go host X; you didn't actually mess up this other than the whole role list thing, which upon explanation, is an honest mistake. I'm not gonna persecute you over a simple mistake, when I've made thousands of them over time in just the past 4 years.

Burn: The plan was totally legal, when everyone who went MIA was for story purposes(And Zakaro isn't hosting the next game, sooo...), or they weren't really dead at all. It was us that began to believe that MIA stood for dead, to be a little blunt. =P

Burn: The plan was totally legal, when everyone who went MIA was for story purposes(And Zakaro isn't hosting the next game, sooo...), or they weren't really dead at all. It was us that began to believe that MIA stood for dead, to be a little blunt. =P

The way it was presented was specifically designed to get us to think so. It's called a half-lie.

:w:

The way it was presented was specifically designed to get us to think so. It's called a half-lie.

I've also heard it referred to as a "weasel". :P

My one suggestion, after reading all of that: I think it would've saved a lot of trouble if, instead of trying to hint towards the fact that they had a secret plan, you had just told us that they were planning something that you couldn't reveal within the rules of hosting.

And Mafia X? Go for it. (I mean, it would've been great if Ehks hosted it, just for the name, but whatever. :lol:)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It's a slippery slope...but MIA doesn't always mean dead.

we just assumed that

and we all know what happens when we assume...

we get things wrong.

though i can see it now that i know the plan. ugh

i hate my sometimes-dense brain. very annoying.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Lloyd: Not necessarily. Lhik, in the scene, specifically said that the attack was supposed to teleport Zakaro. Not kill him. We just assumed that since he never appeared in the cage, and since he had 'targeted' himself(With what was really probably an evoker, I still stand by), and because he was MIA, that he was dead. And yet, IIRC, we were never told we couldn't vote him? And with Burnmad having the exact same treatment in the exact same scene...

This is how it went down, Burnmad.

Wait, really?

That also means Portalfig is still alive, ughh. He also want MIA, don't forget.

Pulse posted this speculation that Portal was still alive.

Yes, but we lynched him, so he is out of the game. That's just a plot catalyst for next game. Zakaro, like I said, I'm fairly sure is dead. BUT, if he isn't, I'm voting for him, to make sure.

You posted this as I was replying to Pulse.

Voting for dead people is not an option.

And this was my reply to Pulse.

Malice also said that he'd vote for Zakaro.

Edit:

Me: 2

MG: 1

Burnmad, since your vote for Zakaro is now invalid, do you want to go back to voting me? Are you sure you can resist a chance to seize the danish, win the blog revolution, and overthrow your master? ;)

You also didn't contradict this. And on top of all that, with the two votes from me and Malice, Zakaro and Lhik would have been double-hung that round.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

As things are wont to do, bad stuff piled up all at once and i lost it due to my stupidly fragile mental state at the time. I have no issue admitting I was overly hostile and angry throughout the last few scenes over small assumptions and idiotic commentary on my part, as well as a massive error in interpretation on my end. I'd love you to continue hosting, iBrow, as while i have tended to vehemently disagree with much of you choices in the past (by the numbers, the whole adoption of the Pyro for a long time, among others), I cannot deny that you've proven time and again to do the job of hosting well and I must applaud your willingness to experiment with the formula of Mafia.

I'd also like to take this moment to say I'm relinquishing my claim to twelve. I have acted in a manner unbecoming a mafia host, and as such, will leave any future hosting on my part in the hands of the players, to be determined at the time the host is selected.

In summary, I'd like to formally apologize for my conduct, here, in public, and state that I would love for you to keep your claim to X, iBrow.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

As things are wont to do, bad stuff piled up all at once and i lost it due to my stupidly fragile mental state at the time. I have no issue admitting I was overly hostile and angry throughout the last few scenes over small assumptions and idiotic commentary on my part, as well as a massive error in interpretation on my end. I'd love you to continue hosting, iBrow, as while i have tended to vehemently disagree with much of you choices in the past (by the numbers, the whole adoption of the Pyro for a long time, among others), I cannot deny that you've proven time and again to do the job of hosting well and I must applaud your willingness to experiment with the formula of Mafia.

I'd also like to take this moment to say I'm relinquishing my claim to twelve. I have acted in a manner unbecoming a mafia host, and as such, will leave any future hosting on my part in the hands of the players, to be determined at the time the host is selected.

In summary, I'd like to formally apologize for my conduct, here, in public, and state that I would love for you to keep your claim to X, iBrow.

From what I've heard of what you were planning for XII, it remains a game that I really want to play - and a game is always better when hosted by those who came up with the ideas. Apology accepted, but I would vote for you to host XII regardless.

No more point in arguing

Water under the bridge now

I say we all get over this shebang, even though it was aggravating, the village still one in the end.

The Mafia didn't win by the plan, so we really don't need to bicker any more.

(also can i preemptively call spot 15 in X?)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Can we put this behind us and move on? The game is over and--oh right, epilogue, my bad.

However, my point stands. Can we stop discussing this? It won't get any more or less problematic if we don't kill it. I'd like to get the healing process started.

Indeed, I feel most are more than ready to.

Epilogue will be finished soon I need like five more sentences :U

Or maybe twenty

Maybe twenty-five?

Oh well.

I can't wait to see how this turned out

and

HOW THE KARZ DID I SURVIVE

i just realized how i survived night one by sheer luck. If Malice didn't save me...

well

this game would have been a whole lot different.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

And considering this was literally the first time I've ever been a role-village or not-in ANY mafia game, I think I did a surprisingly good job.

i surprised even myself. i expected to die whenever i wasn't protected

i didn't and i was amazed i didn't.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I want to give kudos to the Sentinels and the Medic. Y'all were really on the ball this game. I've never seen such a good performance. :applause:

Can I say just how frustrating it was to not be able to kill, like, anybody? Seriously that was ridiculous how well you guys did.

Credit where it's due, Malice was the best Sentinel we had. He was our single strongest member, and he picked several successful saves.

I was really just along for the ride =P

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You detectified things burn.

And...actually, you and me would have survived, had zakaro not been your sibling.

(oh and oyu figured out it was lhik on round 2 that also deserves to be mentioned)

Edited by Ehks

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Yeah. :c

Technically, I can survive in the scene, through taking the Staff and severing my ties to Zakaro with it, but it wouldn't be legit or anything. =P

Edit: As for figuring out it was Lhik, that was just through the hints given to me, which literally eliminated every other person. Plus, we all knew it was him, deep down. =P

And finally, there was the derp-up, when I didn't originally realize it was Portal, because I forgot he showed up as innocent. >>

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons