Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:Fortifications, hmm? Voriki thought, hearing the drumming of feet and telporting up onto the wall to watch as the construction crew marched up to Pala-Koro's gate. It had only been, what, a week since Madrihk had met with that architect fellow, but to Voriki it seemed to have happened an age before. So much has transpired lately, impossible to keep track of every that occurs around here.He activated his Kanohi, melting into the air and materializing near the entrance as the workmen shuffled through the gate. Bloody lot of them, there's almost as many as the army we gathered for the rama hive attack."So, you're here to begin construction on our tower of doom, right?" Voriki said, not really addressing any of them. "Good, good. This place is hardly very menacing, ya'know?

Edited by BenLuke-116

Frii'Glokk
IC: Mevi"Yes and no," Mevi replied solemnly, still observing the crowd. "Toa of Shadow, from what we can tell. He showed up to personally kill and maim a few of our team members when we fought to destroy the Nui-Rama hive. He also sent Rahkshi after us, and seemingly controlled the Rama swarm itself. After he revealed himself, they started moving more like troops than mindless Rahi, that's for sure. And then..."The Ta-Matoran paused. The events of the battle seemed so distant now that it was over. The dead were buried, the hive was gone, the village silent. The dark Toa's appearance had shaken it all up again, and Mevi had trouble not thinking of the piles of rotting insect bodies, the blood-soaked ground, the evil hisses of Rahkshi and the unseeing eyes of their fallen comrades."...And then he sent our Turaga after us, except it wasn't them. Not really. Makuta had placed creatures called Parakuka on them. They were mutated, forced to attack us in a blind rage. Our Toa could barely hold them down, such strength did they suddenly possess. But they were subdued, and the hive was burnt, and we returned here with the Turaga in tow. They are awake now, and we thought we might be safe here until we manage to cure them. Suddenly this Toa shows up, though, shows us a picture and asks if we've seen... that Toa of Shadow. Not even half an hour ago he suddenly showed up in person to perform his little decapitation stunt. Word of advice: Don't draw pictures of him. He doesn't like it."

ICLaki's mind wasn't on his current task. Not really. it was still lingering on the handsome toa who had waltzed up to their gates and slaughtered an investigator. He had killed another toa with a mere thought. He was Makuta's liaison, Laki guessed, and he seemed to have the power of the dark one as well. But the really disturbing thing about him was that Laki couldn't muster one hateful thought towards the toa of shadow. The dark being resided in the 'personal heroes' category of Laki's mind. How could one so evil be so nice and... well.... awesome?He mindlessly threaded another strand of thin wood through the latticework that was the Lathon's new house. It was far larger than Laki's new one- about average size for a Toa, although in the shape of a half dome and made like a bird's nest. Laki was proud of what he'd done- about half of the wall was already completed, far more than the matoran had gotten finished on his own hut. And good quality. Laki had been making houses so long that he was able to make quality work without actually thinking about it. As he walked back to pick up another huge twig, the sound of stomping feet interrupted him. Another attack? So soon? Pala Koro seemed to be a far more exciting place than Le-Koro. Laki hadn't expected three different attacks (four if you counted those mysterious fireballs) within one single day. But the matoran reminded himself- this was his Destiny. To fight off these criminals and work to free the island. He grabbed his twin throwing disks, (he really had to repay Aelynn for those) and ran to the main gate. An army of Skakdi, Matoran, and even a couple Vortixx were slowly entering the gates. But not one was geared for war. These people were here to help build up the Koro's defenses. The group had come with Ussals loaded with building materials. He wondered fiercely where they had come from, and what their purpose was, but decided that the why wasn't too important. Fifty beings had come to help the tiny village, and the matoran would not oppose it.Laki watched, curious, as the group settled down in the main village square.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Onyx"Business was probably the wrong term. I meant fill you in on a few details you might want to know." Onyx replied back, watching the horde of workers flood through the gates before hopping down to meet the leader of the pack. The man didn't exactly stand out from the others, not giving off an air of leadership but it was what it was. All these people outnumbered the current ILS members and the sheer mass was a little overwhelming at the moment."Madrihk, the leader, isn't here right now and neither are any other people of actual authority. The only people who come close to it that are present right now would be Kal, Ackune, Voriki and I." Onyx pointed to each in turn. "So if you need anything, I guess you can give us a shout. I don't know when the rest will be back but hopefully soon. I just thought I'd clear that up before you start working. Do you have any questions...?"

Ic: "No questions," the party leader said, "unless you have any. All my answers are in these blueprints Ambages drafted for us to use. And that reminds me, he would be here himself to oversee construction of the wall if he could, but he is both too busy and invested in another trade, and we would have been here sooner had preparation not taken so long. That and the jungle isn't the easiest thing to traverse with our cargo."

IC: Onyx"I can tell." Onyx remarked, eyeing the weary group, filthy and sweaty from the long trek. Some more than others.They'd probably clean up in the lake later. "Unfortunately, we haven't gotten around to make enough housing for this many people but you're welcome to camp inside the village walls, obviously. Can you show me those blueprints?"

Ic: "Sorry, but these blueprints are only accessible by myself, Ambages and Madrihk, as per my orders, so I can't let you see them now. But everything was drafted according to the contract and stuff like that," the foreman trailed off, clearly eager to work his men off. "I hear you guys have been having a rough time. This wall should be made fast as quickly as possible, I'd say, so we'd best get right to work. Would you agree, mister?"

IC: Lumira - Doc Verik's Office"I'm... fine," I said, managing to prop myself against the Matoran doctor, "Ask... away."-Void
IC: (Doc Verik)"Well I really just want to know what happened? Clearly it was a fire but where was it? I also understand if you don't feel like talking about it. Most people aren't really in a state to answer questions after...well wounds like yours." I sighed, I gave her some more water to sip as I asked the questions.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Isfel blushing, not really wanting to get in-depth about the proceedings of last night. "I punched a guardsman. That statement doesn't get much clearer. What? Why are you looking at my like I'm a crazy street person?"
IC (Avya)I quickly adjusted my facial expression. I hadn't thought was looking at Isfel like he was a crazy street person, but I guess some of my thoughts had slipped through. What in the world had he been doing?Regardless, he obviously wanted to change the subject, so I did. "It sure is beautiful here. I've never seen trees like these, so tall and thick."

IC: A soft laugh followed Avya's sudden expression and subject change. "It's all right. To be honest, I didn't want to tell you about it because It'd make me feel foolish. but I've already done that with that last statement, so it wouldn't do much. The gates closed earlier than I expected, and it's cooler outside the village. I needed a way to get out, so I punched a guard. He didn't seem to angry with me though."

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

IC (Avya)I laughed, despite myself, the sound ringing through the trees. "You didn't! I'm sure you could have just asked, Isfel!"I didn't want to make Isfel feel bad, but it really was funny. To punch a guard just so he could be kicked out of the village where it was cooler... I almost didn't believe it.

IC: Skaaraa (jungle around Lake Pala)A bat like creature flew in the skies above Lake Pala. "This is a strong fortress," he thought. "Could this be one of the resistance groups? Terid-I mean, Makuta wouldn't like that. But I suspect that he is dealing with it already..." The bat like creature landed and turned into a black and purple toa of gravity wearing a mahiki. "Perhaps I should pay them a visit..." he thoughtOOC: I know I have too many characters in Le-Wahi...

IC: Hanix"I'll take Zyke and two others, the detective can take the others and search the northern koros, we will take the southern," she said, "So who wants to join?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: BloodstoneBloodstone hacked through the dense, overgrown foliage of Le-Wahi with his sword. According to his map, Le-Koro was only half a Bio from his current location...IC: ZykeZyke and the other villagers had successfully extinguished the fires. Now, the Skakdi elreturned to Hanix."Alright," he said, "let's hurry up with this. We don't want Edge to get any farther than she already has."

Edited by Zyke the Destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC: Hanix"Alright who is willing to come with us? We need two," she said,IC: Zakama The young Toa walked through the outskirts, looking for Hanix. Seeing he couldn't find her, decided to walk off, the ILS wasnt gonna be home for a while, and walked off.OOC: Zakama to Ta-Wahi

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: BloodstoneBloodstone finally reached Le-Koro. In a few minutes, posters had been placed along the walls of buildings:Blood clan: now hiringGo to the Stained Sapphire tavern in Ta-Koro and ask for Bloodstone or Dagger. Join a league of the most skilled assassins on the island!On the outskirts of the village, a Toa of Crystal could be seen moving northwest...OOC: Bloodstone to Ko-Wahi

67tlbk.png

Ic: Draeverian Joskiir The item in question was produced within moments for Ackune's inspection, held outwards with both hands by the battered blades; it's hilt pointed towards the ground. "She got a little crooked," Draeverian tried to explain slyly, "and we barely lived through it.  I had my leg put in a cast, and Rivet, my blade, is --in order of treatment -- last."Ackune's hands received the mangled tool almost greedily.  A pice of art such as this blade was hard to come by, and a most unique shape as well.  To Aparangi's eyes, he beheld a twisted tool that once resembled a massive tuning fork in shape.  He could only guess as to the reason for the ring surrounding the blades and connecting to the hilt, until the flames flickered and shadows revealed the groove along the inside.  It allowed to blades to fold. "her fangs are bent way out of whack, you need to put them back so they pitch A 440, but don't break the gear work in the hilt and cross guard, that's very fragile and remaking would be hard," Draeverian explained with care, tapping each point in question with a singing finger to emphasize. 

IC: OnyxOnyx refrained from raising an eyebrow, surprised that this man was already in the mood to get things started after their long, tiresome journey. "Suit yourself." Onyx replied before taking his post elsewhere than at the top of the gates but keeping them in sight, figuring he'd supervise over the work for a bit, minus giving out any orders.

IC- VerakVerak fell to the ground, his head still ringing from the collision with the tree. It seemed to stand there defiantly, as if to spite the toa of stone. The real edge of the forest was many bio away.The toa of stone grumbled and got into a sitting position, glad his momentum had slowed enough that the impact had caused any lasting damage. His chest still ached, as if some huge had was pressing down on it. He looked back from where he had come- a gigantic cliff, dropping down from the snowy slopes of Mount Ihu. Now that the rush of air had disspated, as well as the after-effects of a minor concussion, he could hear the sound of the jungle. The Brakas and Fikou and Gukko and dozens of unnamed insects all screeching into the air.He shakily got to his feet, his mask feeling like it was a ringing bell, and waited for Ankt to reach the bottom.

IC:"You mention a team. Could you fill me in on more details?"
IC: Mevi"This village was built by the Island Liberation Squad, of which I am a member. We seek to free this island of the oppression Makuta has put on it, hopefully eliminating such things as infected Rahi, mutated beasts and and mind-controlled slaves of darkness in the process. We do of course realize that this might not be enough to return the island to peaceful times - there are way too many selfish people around for that - but removing Makuta would at least make everyone feel safer. It's hard to think straight when any moment could become a fight for your life."

IC, Elianne:(Ga-Koro Streets)On Elianne, who was currently coursing through the streets of Le-Koro, relaxing with a kebab in one hand and her lance in the other, descended a message-hawk. She stretched out her arm - the one with the lance - and let the bird land on it, taking the message, strapped to its leg, off and throwing a quick glance at it.She nearly jumped. Finally. Once, long ago, she told Merror of why she left the monastery - to get some serious goal in life. And here, it finally paid off and he kept her in mind in this venture of his. She scribbled an answer, hastily."Merror, I'll be waiting for you in the Bright-Star Inn. Right alongside... five free glasses of bula juice, on me." "Merror. Ga-Koro," she whispered to the bird as she attached the message, and it flew off.

Edited by Ironheart

IC: SkaaraaSkaaraa looked upon Pala-Koro with disdainful eyes. "What a bunch of stuck up prigs," he thought. Turning into his bat form, he flew up to the treetops. He surveyed the village, and then flew off. "This place is too humid," he thought. "On to Ko-Wahi!"OOC: Skaaraa to Ko-Wahi

IC: Hanix"Hanix," she said being forward, not giving a long introduction.

IC: HelsinaHelsina left the ruins of the bar, bored, lost her job, lost a date. PFFFT whatever, back to vacationing in Ga-Wahi.OOC: To Ga-Wahi.

Edited by IX. Dymex

IC: (Doc Verik)
IC: Lumira - Doc Verik's Office"It was some bar, I think," I replied, struggling to remember the name, "A place called the Makuta's Retribution? No, Revenge. The Makuta's Revenge.""Sorry, I don't really remember that much," I added, "It's all sort of a blur of smoke and... stuff."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Isfel actually started laughing as well. "Oh yeah, I probably could have asked. I didn't think of that at the time. But what did you do, while I was punching guards and getting thrown out of villages?"

Progenitus Worldsoul

IC: Isfel actually started laughing as well. "Oh yeah, I probably could have asked. I didn't think of that at the time. But what did you do, while I was punching guards and getting thrown out of villages?"
IC (Avya)I shrugged as we continued walking. "Not much, although I did run into some friends of mine, Ara'kas being among them." I smiled. "She mentioned something about a stampede..."

IC: "Stampede?" Isfel stopped walking for a second, then realization dawned on his face. "Ohh, that stampede. Yeah, not one of my fondest memories." "I'll tell you later." he added hastily, in case Avya wanted to hear more. "So, what are these friends of yours like?"

Progenitus Worldsoul

Ic: As Onyx walked away, the foreman could tell what was on his mind. "We may have trekked for a week through the jungle, but we didn't walk that far and long to sit and rest -- we came to work." And with that, he turned to his men and women and began the construction of the walls.The first thing they did was set up depots of supplies at regulated spaces within the standing walls and set up scaffolding. Next, they began to reinforce the wall from within with iron and steel bars running on longitude before adding more laterally and welding them into place, essentially creating a heavy iron mesh that would stand even if the stone was torn away. The next things they had planned was to double the thickness and add more bracings, including elemental wards crafted by the best engineers in Ambages' employ which could only be destroyed by toa of two elements working together. The whole job was done within full sight of those within the village for all to see what was done. Towards the end of the project, the outer wall was covered in paints and ivies and jungle trees, lichens and ferns were planted all over in niches added, thus shrouding the walls in green foliage, disguising it from all but the most trained eyes. The wall in the water side had a metallic mirrorlike sheen added to the outside and a powered waterfall that cascaded from the top of the ramparts, effectively hiding the bastion behind an optical illusion behind a waterfall, and unless one knew Pala-Koro well enough it would pass anyone's distant inspection.Houses, previously made of straw and wood with limited heavy structural integrity were remodeled with clay roofs and cobblestone walls with the same steel bars inlaid, making the houses cleverly hidden cages, far more secure than before but also more beautiful than ever. For once, the village of Pala-Koro was not just a pile of dirt in the jungle that a few hippies called home but a legitimate village with actual houses worth looking at.But unknown to everyone there was a secret being placed within the walls. Unremarkable in design and execution, some blocks were not like the others on the inside, but they still were placed in the wall with no difference from the others. There were no hints, there were no giveaways; the workers had no idea what they were doing in truth, because they did not know what the secret actually was. They were workers, not schemers. But there was a schemer there.Ooc: Because I will be away until next Tuesday, this post sums up what is being done and will be done by the time I come back from my trip. Nothing but the first steps have been done yet; this is just a summary of what the final product will be like. I also ask that the battle against the ILS not take place until I return, because reasons.

IC:"You mention a team. Could you fill me in on more details?"
IC: Mevi"This village was built by the Island Liberation Squad, of which I am a member. We seek to free this island of the oppression Makuta has put on it, hopefully eliminating such things as infected Rahi, mutated beasts and and mind-controlled slaves of darkness in the process. We do of course realize that this might not be enough to return the island to peaceful times - there are way too many selfish people around for that - but removing Makuta would at least make everyone feel safer. It's hard to think straight when any moment could become a fight for your life."
IC: "you work towards a noble cause," frii'Glokk said. "How can I join?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: MeviMevi shrugged. "At the moment you just sign yourself up, really." She pointed towards the billboard hanging on the side of the headquarters hut. "Just read that list there and make sure you don't object to the few rules that are in place. You might want to speak with one of the people in charge as well, just to make sure they know you're one of us."

IC- LakiThe Le-Matoran, by this time, had stopped watching the workers, instead focusing on building Lathon's hut, and later, his own. The Le-Matoran wasn't a fan of what they were doing- painting the walls green? Who would that really fool? He didn't really think that their construction was doing much for the Koro, besides making it look less original and more uniform and ugly. The wall was sturdy enough- their mesh of metal wasn't to change much at all in the iron and stone wall. Trying to make it hidden would not help- the Koro was supposed to be public knowledge to all! And trying to make all the houses look the same... ugh. At least the green walls looked nice.But Mardihk had made a pact, and the leader obviously wanted this help, and the Le-Matoran would respect that. Instead he continued work on Lathon's Le-Koronan style hut, politely refusing the builders' assistance.Soon, triumphantly, both huts were completed- reinforced many times over and as solid and sturdy as one could find in Le-Koro. Little pieces of home in this fast changing village. Home. Le-Koro. Laki missed it suddenly. The high altitude, far off the ground, the unique animals of the canopy, being close to the sky; free, safe. He shook his head, and reminded himself of his destiny. Mata-Nui was more important than Laki's own needs.