Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:Ankt

"And then there's the fact that they automatically assume that if you aren't fighting with them that you must be one of them 'goodie goodies.' And that they assume that you can only win fights if you really believe in the heart of the cards that you are going to win. Ugh, Makuta's army is actually really annoying now that I think about it..."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

Ic: And Hiemalis ended the fight accordingly, not by striking with his sword but by erecting a wall of ice between Kythera and he. To tall to leap, too wide to evade, and too wall-ish to duck, Kythera met headlong with the frozen structure. It was simple in its strategy: Stop the woman. And it effectively did so. The hard surface cracked a little where she struck it, but it remained whole. Hiemalis left it at that, directing his attention elsewhere. He had given Kythera a wound that would bleed her to death and a headache, if not robbed her of her conciousness. The Vortixx was done to him, and the beacon that called for him still lingered.He would have to challenge everyone until he found what he was looking for. A primal instinct, an ethereal tug, urged him onward. He had a mission to complete, and he would not leave until that was accomplished.

IC (Echelon)Echelon suddenly sensed rapid movement in his magnetic field, coming from directly behind him - and right in his direction. Instinctively, the Dark Toa, span around, sending a magnetic push at whatever the object was. As his target was lifted backwards, Echelon discovered that said object was none other than Madrihk, leader of the ILF forces."Well, well," he said, dispersing Argentum's magnetic wave with a wave of his hand, not even looking backwards. "We meet at last, Madrihk."Contrary to Madrihk's hopes, cooling his sword actually made it far more susceptible to Echelon's manipulation - a fact that the Dark Toa promptly exploited, magnetically yanking the weapon from Madrihk's fist. The sword drifted through the air to hover, point first, above Madrihk's chest.JL's lightning attack struck the nearby Skakdi Juggernaut; while the attack would have caused excruciating pain to a living being, the Skakdi was dead - and the dead feel no pain. The lightning was easily conducted by the Skakdi's armour to the earth.Just as Echelon was preparing to ram Madrihk's sword through its owner's heart, he suddenly halted as he sensed another Tryna challenge his control once more. Echelon frowned in annoyance; temporarily magnetising Madrihk's feet to the ground, he looked back to see the source of the interference - that Toa, once again.Three inch-wide spheres of condensed metal rose from a pouch at Echelon's belt and shot at the wounded Toa's head at deadly speeds, the Toa's hand guiding them magnetically out and sending them at their target. If they struck, and Tupua was lucky, he'd escape with a large bruise and a considerable concussion. If he wasn't...
OOC: Constructman, if you insist on continuing to make ridiculous attacks on Echelon, please make it obvious - bold or PM, please. And I want you to know that I highly disapprove of Jomar's baseball antics.IC (Echelon)Echelon looked up to see an atlatl come flying at him. An eyebrow raised. That archer was truly an imbecile if he was throwing his own weapons away - he'd probably throw his bow next.The length of wood was easily batted away with Echelon's staff. Next came some sort of sports ball - lobbed at Echelon's head by perhaps the most ridiculous-looking Toa he had ever seen. He was carrying a Matoran sports bat, his face held a gormless grin, and to top it off a strange red hat was perched on the top of his evidently-empty head.Echelon doubted the being would survive the coming battle. He cocked his head to the side, and the ball whistled harmlessly past his ear.
OOC: Quoting both of these posts because it's been a while since they were made. I'm sorry for not replying sooner, but I've been a bit on/off on this RPG lately. I've also been whining in PM to Ghosthands about combat style; particularly multi-attacks and assumed effects, but never mind that. It's just an excuse for the time it has taken. Ghosthands also said in the News topic that he might go offline for a while due to other things in his life, so that's why I'll pick this duel up without any changes having been made. I'd have accepted that hit anyways, but I do appreciate being given the choice to write it out myself.Now, reading through the slapfight some pages ago... seriously, guys? Why do you keep making IC battle posts before resolving the previous issue being raised? It's been said before, but stop.IC: Madrihk [Near Echelon, outside Pala-Koro --> Right inside the Pala-Koro wall to the south]The large scale of the battle left everyone on edge, and Echelon did evidently not have an easy time when he had to focus on so many different incoming attacks at once. That was one reason why Madrihk had always favored a Kakama over a Hau, for while the latter flawlessly blocked frontal attacks the former made one much harder to hit in the first place. The broad magnetic sweep that had taken Madrihk off his legs would not hit again, he would make certain of that by keep some distance.The jungle floor was not magnetic, and so the weak bind on Madrihk's feet vanished just as soon as Echelon had to turn his attention elsewhere. The Toa of Ice rolled to the side and grabbed his hovering sword from the air, where the magnetic energy keeping it aloft had already begun to falter. Again he filled it with cold energy, some of it still left in the blade from the previous charge. He did not go to attack the magnetic To head on, however, for judging by the speed at which he had countered the previous attempt he was not to be taken lightly. Instead, Madrihk would leave it up to others to distract the enemy leader, and then...The white and black Toa spotted a slight opening in the battle lines, and turned his head in that direction. With his left hand he flung a halfhearted - but decidedly non-magnetic - burst of ice energy towards the undead guard closest to Echelon, then accelerated with his mask power and vanished into a quieter part of the jungle before anyone would decided to make him their main target. In the darkness, the bright white coloring of both him and his elemental attacks did not help him. At least it was harder to recognize him as the ILF leader when everyone was so scattered. He had no doubts that Makuta's forces would want him dead, given his open resentment towards their master. He heard someone shout about reasons to fight, but he ignored it. The battle was on, and the opposition could not be reasoned with.Madrihk tried to survey the battlefield, but it was impossible to get any bearing on their status. The village walls had fallen, and both sides of the conflict had scrambled so much that it was hard to get a headcount. Madrihk counted himself lucky in that he had taken the time to get to know most of his team, so that he could avoid friendly fire. The Toa of Ice found himself wishing that he had bought a crossbow or some other projectile weapon that would be good to use in the middle of the night, but eventually decided to break cover again.Staying in one place isn't good, he thought. I might get hit by a tree. Wait a minute, whatever happened to the Parakuka, I wonder?He moved, as quickly as he possibly could in the jungle at night, around the periphery of the battle. He clambered over the rubble that was left of a section of the wall, and cursed when he noticed the blast pattern. The debris was scattered rather evenly both outwards and inwards, and the marks left by the explosion confirmed that the charges had been detonated from within the wall itself.When I find that Ambages, I will turn him inside out.The ILF leader was back inside, and carefully looked around for allies. Fighting alone had been folly, and had left him with some scratches from being tripped and scraped by the magnetic retaliation. He was much better off leading troops to battle.OOC: How's our members faring? I read the past pages, but a lot seem AFK of sorts.Oh, and:
Ic: The bolt soared through the air like an arrow of deadly light aimed at Hiemalis, but the lord of winter was not hit; with a wave of his hand a slab of ice seemed to rise from the ground like a hidden hatch and lifted the sod up with it as if it were camouflage. The lightning was intercepted by the sudden obstacle and incinerated a spot on the raised turf, but the Toa of ice was unharmed. What's more, he had a preliminary target: JL.
Ice does not form that quickly. It's better to just dodge; everyone are using elements like they are Hau or something. Sorry for smacking your ice-using skillz again, EW, but dang.And this:
Ooc: To recap, two undead who were not affected by the zapping and ready to rip him apart, and Hiemalis about to poke you with his sword. Yes, they are insurmountable odds to a wounded and elementally discharged toa. :D Consider it an example of what happens when a character fails to consider all the possibilities and defend against them, most notably against one of my characters who happens to be notorious, too. :P
You think a lot of your own character. That entire duel should have been just as taxing on Hiemalis as on JL, since both have been using their elemental blasts and Hiemalis is actually focusing on two undead as well right now. Besides, undead do not gain increased strength. They don't care for wounds, that is true; but do note that if we go by the human notion again then electric shocks can still fire off muscle signals that cause them to spasm and thus trip while running.Then you go on to multi-actions, such as both flash-freezing Kythera's pistol and attacking with a rapier over the course of two sentences;. The correct action in this case would be to focus ice powers on the gun and then leave the rest up to the victim. Considering I will be joining in on battles again soon, I'll be moaning and whining and cursing about such things from here on out. Later, magically slipping out of her grip when she did state that she grasped his arm. If you can shatter her weapon when she is apparently supposed to be just as skilled in close combat as Hiemalis is with his fancy ice sword, then she should very well be allowed to at least grab your character's wrist.And then, just to rub it in after it was said that the neck-hit was accepted but that the character was preferred alive, you outright state "He had given Kythera a wound that would bleed her to death".Your entire combat style just strikes me extremely bad form, and reads just as annoying to me as when you suddenly refurnished Pala-Koro to your liking. I suppose it's just that Hiemalis is arrogant, but still. If your earlier words were anything to go by, then Hiemalis, too, should have been somewhat tired from the previous duel, just like JL was supposed to be with his.If you're wondering why I don't take this to PM, it is because I do not intend to keep hacking on you. I just grabbed you as the most recent example; I could just as well take the whole Aurum/Aukati fight from earlier and apply that here too. Just making (probably annoyingly loud) note of my sentiments on this matter. Edited by Katuko

OOC: Quick question, how did Hiemalis even have enough elemental energy create the ice wall, after using his powers throughout this fight and the one before it? Just wondering.And to clarify, the wound was just bellow her neck, where her collar bone should be,IC: KytheraThe vortixx slammed into the wall, however, not as hard as stated before. As she was prepared for an elemental tactic to be used against her. Even if not this particular one, it was simple enough for the Vortixx to turn her run into a leap, as she landed with her feet braced against the ice wall, absorbing the impact enough for her to prevent any serious damage.Through the crystalline structure, Kythera watched the Toa of Ice run off again, frowning. Normally, she would have gone after him, but considering he didn't seem to Karz-bent on destroyingt he village, Kythera let him go. Looking down at her wound, she placed a hand over it, to slow the bleeding atleast a bit.Finally, she called out to the beings around her, "Medic!"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Dendron:"You called?" asked a Toa of Plantlife, who dropped down beside Kythera. "Terribly sorry I wasn't here to help you fight him, but I can, at least, help you survive," he said, forming some herbs in one hand that would, if chewed, work as pain killers, and others in the other hand that, when mashed and applied as a poultice, worked as a coagulant to stop bleeding and helped to accelerate the healing process, somewhat."Open wide, because you'll want the painkillers before the poultice."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kythera"Don't I know it," the Vortixx said, forcing herself not to cry out at the pain. The Toa of Ice was a powerful opponent, the likes of which Kythera hadn't fought in a long time. While his unnaturally cold blade had slowed the bleeding somewhat, as well as slightly numbed the pain, it was doing nothing now. The grey-armored Vortixx took the leaves in her hand, and chewed them quickly, before nodding to the Toa.Hopefully, the painkillers would actually work this time.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Dendron:Quickly after that, Dendron had created a small wooden mortar and pestle, and had cut a few 'bandages' from some thick cloth he had on him-they wouldn't be the best, but they'd have to work-he didn't have time to boil them and everything.First he dabbed on the wound some cayenne powder, to stop the bleeding, adding into the poultice some agrimony and balm of gilead oil he had in a flask in his belt (the latter to help with pain), and finally some cinnamon oil, to help prevent infection. Quickly making a battlefield-quality poultice of those herbs, he gently applied them to the wound on Kythera's chest, proceeding to quickly wrap it over with a bandage, tying it down tight so that it wouldn't slip off.After that, he formed a small litter from plantlife-easily transformed into a stretcher, of somebody else came-so that he could get Kythera out of harm's way a bit quicker.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: KytheraThe Vortixx glanced at the stretcher, but wasn't going to stop anyone from carrying her. Besides, the fight had taken a lot out of her, mostly because of the last-minute jumping move that she'd done to stop herself from slamming into the wall. Now that's hadn't helped her wound at all.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: JLJL looked around. So far, he'd taken a painkiller mashed herb - painfully putting it into his dry mouth and swallowing. He'd take some weird medical paste and applied it to his wounds, and applied pressure to them by wrapping up the wounds.After all this, he felt fine - possibly because of the painkillers. The only problem now was that he was tired.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Ooc: Hiemalis has been exerting himself at his fullest because he is essentially batting away challenger after challenger until he achieves his goal. JL and Kythera were mere roadblocks that got in the way. He will crash from this expenditure soon enough. Chances are he will be left with just his wits and weapon in the final confrontation, but for now he is on a path of seeming self destruction.Ic: Before he even knew it was coming, the crossbow bolt hit Hiemalis squarely on his elevated left shoulder plate, knocking him back from the force of the bolt and throwing him into a spin to the ground. He quickly grabbed the bolt and tore it off; blood bled through the hole that had been punctured through the plate and into his organic tissue underneath. "I've always hated crossbows," he muttered loudly as he looked in the direction the bolt descended from. There, on the roof of one of the other buildings still standing, was a silvery man with a crossbow in his hand, still aimed at him. "They always take too long to load!" he bellowed as he shot a beam of ice at the building, smashing through the wall and forcing the structure to falter on the side facing him.

IC:Sulkua charged at one of the extending spikes, slashing with his Longsword. He concentrated and formed a sharp coating of Ice on the blade's cutting surface. The metal spike was slashed apart and Sulkua rolled in its direction, just as the other three impaled the spot he was on a moment before.Kiron took the chance and shot a flame blast Aurum. Without waiting to see what had happened, Kiron helped Sulkua up and shrunk himself, slipping through the cage's gaping hole and reforming inside. He reached to grab the illusionary Aurum...

IC: AurumThe problem with getting into a cage - a cage created by the person you are trying to attack - is that you might not come out again. The top of the cage and whatever holes sealed themselves. All the spikes that were already there started moving again, moving to strike at Sulkua. There was no way that he could freeze and shatter all of them without overexerting himself. The illusion of Aurum was not inside anymore - He was outside, sneering at the cage, a taunt directed to Kiron. And inside the cage, no sound could come out.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Hiemalis-ops: Guard hospital, Mine 3, Prisonbreak. Tall Ko-Toa with Tryna and ice rapier. Personality: Unknown. Other notes...Weakness to protosteel, knows alien language.The file her employer had provided her with, gleaned from what few public appearances the man had made, rattled through her head with a glance at his kanohi. Aexias scanned him before looking away. This one was like an animal, and animals knew when they were being watched. She saw no need to provoke combat with a stare. Ready as she was, hidden in the wreck of Pala-Koro and with a sniper at her side, she held the advantage in a fight. But Hiemalis was both unpredictable and currently challenging the ILF. Why chain the mad dog when it prowled the alleys of the enemy?Her eyes shifted. His last challenger was being treated at the moment by a bronze and green toa. His appearance sent another of her employer's briefings into her head:Dendron-ops: Hive Assault. Lithe Ve-Toa with ironwood staff. Other notes...Brother to Mussiki.She glanced away again. Looking at Dendron, she could see how he survived something like the Hive Assault. Zunod's cheap replications of the herbs he saw were ones she recognized as aids in coagulating, disinfection, and other healing purposes. He had already begun treatment on the vortixx and loaded her onto a litter. Dendron was a skilled combat medic. As a healer, he could provide vital services to the ILF in the struggle.But Aexias couldn't have that. When in a melee as grand as this one, a combat medic was a massive boon that simply could not be ignored. She had to prioritize him above almost any other pick. She'd go after Dendron as soon as he started moving the vortixx.The merc turned to her partner and thrust her hands into her cloak. Fingers entwined, she moved them so to indicate that he would stay in the spot of rubble they had picked out while she moved to before the traveling medic. Then her fingers pointed under the cloak towards the two as her eyes glowed. The universal symbol of 'vision attack' was not lost on Zunod, who squeezed her hand in return.Satisfied, Aexias flitted from her hiding place. She stuck to cover of shadow and ruined buildings in a silent slink through the village. Then she hid behind a large clump of stone and metal before the small procession. As soon as Dendron and the vortixx would come, they would be ambushed with all the ranged power of two skakdi on both their front and a flank.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC-Dendron:Dendron, meanwhile, was getting on with getting Kythera away from the battle, to a place where he could more effectively work to treat her. Normally he would have used his Kakama if he was trying to move about, but with a wounded person...no.However, as he moved, it wasn't lost on him that somebody was near. He was, after having spent a rather long time in the area, well attuned with the plantlife in the area, and he could tell that it had been disturbed recently, in the area near him. Bent grass in small, regular areas, a small bit of sap leaking from a small tear in the flesh of a vine lying on the ground, the minute rustling of the leaves of a tree nearby, likely set in motion by the vine having been moved earlier...he sighed, stopping and kneeling down over Kythera."So, is there anybody here now," he asked, working to start up a small fire and boil some water from another flask he kept, "Or am I just talking to the plants around me?" He paused a moment, crafting a small pot out of a dense, nigh-unburnable wood, with built in tripod, to boil water in."And if there is somebody here," he growled, his tone slightly different, "Regardless of what you're planning, I would like it if you came out here to help with this Vortixx. I don't know that I'm a good enough healer to help her, much."

profiles i guess

IC: Kythera"I'm fine," the Vortixx insisted, despite the fact that she probably wasn't. Although, that was just judging from the long cut across her chest. "I've been through worse... A lot worse," Kythera added, remembering a particularly nasty back wound she'd recived from an angry Po-Toa.She could still fight, if needed. Besides, her pistols were still functional, enough so that she would be able to provide ranged support when needed.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

[ic: Versaumnis]

Within the space of a second, the two dueling toa had split, the first one rocketing into the air. Since there was little to no other elemental damage, Versaumnis could assume that this Toa's opponent was either stone, air, or even another gravity type. The latter was more likely as the observable effects of the battle seemed to suggest two quite evenly-matched beings who could cancel each other's attacks with a thought.Versaumnis advanced on the remaining combatant, who was still unsure as to a proper course of action after the other Toa had so eagerly left the field. She could feel the subtle shimmer around her legs and she knew that the only true illusion being sustained now was that of a lull in the battle. Two black butterflies fluttered aimlessly about her head with an ominously metallic sound as she carefully made her way across the battlefield, footsteps falling with precision to avoid kicking debris or stepping in mud. There was no point in forcing Kani to cover her actions with more illusions than he needed to.The Toa of Gravity's eyes snapped back and forth between the forms of the two Turaga. Undoubtedly the immense psychological effect of two elders with such power was beginning to take effect. The Toa's breathing increased and his fingers tightened around the slowly splintering shaft of his spear. He would make a move at any second, at which point Kani would dissipate the illusion, and maybe follow up with a nice "let's-be-friends" fist to the stomach.Versaumnis crossed her outstretched fingers behind her head and stepped up behind the Toa. Through the shimmer she knew that he was still seeing two Turaga standing a small distance off. Her butterflies came to rest on his right shoulder, the tips of their wings resting lightly against his throat. Concentrating hard on maintaining the position of the knives with her Matatau, she lifted several pebbles from the ground in a ring around the three of them.Her elemental harmony faltered for but a moment, and her knives shifted with a high-pitched scrape. The light of recognition seemed to glint in the Toa's eyes.A twinge of doubt rose in Versaumnis' mind. Had he dealt with illusions before? How much could he really see?OOC: So, we'd really like to break your spear. Do you mind?just cause it makes logical sensesince the tension is growingon the shaftif not then that's okay too

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

OOC: Sulkua's is the only one in the cage.As for breaking the spear, sure, as long as I keep the spiked half. And I'm not really understanding the situation. From what I understand, 2 illusions of Turaga are somewhere and there are butterflies.IC: SlateSlate looked around in confusion, no idea what was going on, but still on guard.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Sulkua's is the only one in the cage.As for breaking the spear, sure, as long as I keep the spiked half. And I'm not really understanding the situation. From what I understand, 2 illusions of Turaga are somewhere and there are butterflies.
Ooc: Good. It will be easier to stay in character then. ;)

[ic: Versaumnis]

Versaumnis let out a silent breath. The Toa seemed wary, but he hadn't noticed the illusion. If this ended well, there wouldn't have to be a fight. Certainly he had noticed the firm grip on his spear, the butterflies, the stones...She made a simple but specific hand gesture. The shimmer surrounding her figure and the butterflies vanished as she spoke."Answer quickly and to the point and we'll make this painless. Is your name Skaaraa?"Her voice was quiet, deliberate, and flat. She made it a point to convey her utter disdain for life whenever she needed to get information out of someone.By now the Toa should be acutely aware that one of the turaga had simply vanished and a significantly more powerful incarnation of the same figure had materialized behind him with two blades at his throat. Versaumnis paused for a moment as she waited for the response. Her rocks hummed in the air, poised to strike, should things go awry.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

IC: SulkuaSulkua dodged half of the spikes, and froze a few more. OThers, however, continued to grow, and Sulkua had been pierced in the foot by three in a few more seconds.IC: KironOutside, kiron charged at the illusion. He shot a fireball at its left, then jump-slashed to the illusionary AURum's right.OOC: Think of the energy blade in Halo, when the reticle turns red and if you attack at that moment, the player gets to charge-stab.You Get the idea, right Jl?

IC: KironKiron charged and swung his Scimitar at the illusionary Aurum's head...And it passed through.Not again, he thought to himself.IC: SulkuaSulkua cursed and shattered the spikes by freezing, then slicing them.With Aurum's attention divided, Sulkua formed a shield made out of ice that hooked on his hand. It blocked the remainder of the spikes but it was a war of attrition. Either the spikes stopped pushing or the shield broke.Sulkua focused and found a slumbering Kane-Ra. Using his mask, he made it awake. Of course, it was unhappy with this intrusion, and the Kane-Ra's dim mind woke, and bellowed. It seemed to be able to find the Mask's pull from Sulkua's direction, and it charged at the cage. It was torn to pieces and Sulkua flew out. He got up and groggily looked around.

OOC: Wait, so he can shrink as well as control Rahi? Wut?IIC: AurumAurum watched as a Kane-Ra busted his metal cage, which had already been brittle. However, he knew that the Toa of Ice would at the very least be tired; He was straining himself too - Which was a good thing; His mask only needed his thoughts.Metal shards had been thrown everywhere - Kane-Ra charges were strong. They rained onto Kiron and Sulkua, possibly lodging themselves into their armor. But now, the real problem was that they were standing on a literal minefield of blades - one which Sulkua had made for both himself and Kiron.2 metal spikes shot out of the ground underneath the 2 Toa. This wasn't really that large - it was just there to move them.And the moment they did, more spikes, created from the metal shards, would form. This taxed him much less than if he were to form the metal.As he cast his attacks, he walked out of his hiding place - but the darkness of the night helped him. He walked over to where Sulkua and Kiron were, standing at the edge of the group of metal shards on the ground. "So," He said, "How do you like my amazing work? Better yet, you helped me create it.....and soon, you'll finish it up with a touch of dead fire and melting ice," He said, a menacing smile creeping on his face.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC JL, Kakaru, Skaaraa didn't fly off; he was on the ground talking to Genno. But for simplicity's sake, now he's flyingAlso, Kakru, is it just me or are you bunnying a tiny bit?IC Genno"Stop right there!" Genno roared. He jumped up into the air landed in front of Skaaraa, effectively blocking his pathIC Skaaraa (as Tuapeka)Skaaraa simply rolled his eyes. He launched up into the air and flew off. He looked for a random ILF member to attack.IC SoniusWhat a stupid attack! Highly conspicous, easy to dodge, a waste of energy; Sonius could come up with a whole list of reasons why that attack never worked. So when the ice beam hit the wall, he simply jumped to another rooftop. Creating a sound dampener to protect his ears, he hollered back at ear splitting loudness "I know right?!" He started to reload his crossbow.

OOC: I know the Rahkshi-Hunting Squad isn't doing much right now, but if you want to shoot a baddie, just pick one that is in sight, Xemnas.IC:Sisk pulled Skyscratcher into a wide turn, so that Verdi could take his time and pick targets of opportunity. "I need to steer-fly. When you see a big-bad guy, open up!" the Le-Matoran called out to his gunner, as they began to fly in a circler, though Sisk was aware of the risks and prepared to take evasive action in a split-second if needed. -------------------------------------Aparangi had started to jog, but had not gotten far from the HQ, when he suddenly heard his name being called. The dark Toa turned and saw Draeverian, much like himself, with the unconscious form of a Matoran over his shoulder."Aparangi? Who's that?" the Toa of sonics asked. The leader of the Aitua nodded his head in the direction of the destroyed walls. "The old guy. He is responsible for the explosions and loss of the anti-element field. Almost got me and Madrihk with poison in the HQ. I caught him just as he was about to get away. I need something to bind him with; and bind him good. Have anything on you I can use?"--------------------------------------Leah at first thought about staying up with the people on watch, at least for a little longer, since she knew her head would start to spew out questions once she started to lay back and let her mind wonder before falling asleep. But then the exhaustion from the long day finally kicked in. She had not only worked for the better part of the day, but made treks across the village two times, before wandering a good distance in the jungle. She was definitely in shape and her athletic build showed it, too, but when in the military, you did not have the luxury of being guaranteed to get off work at a regular time, or the luxury of a full night for sleeping. And so Leah had learned to teach herself how to sleep when she needed to sleep and how to stay awake when she needed to stay awake.With a yawn, she excused herself and retired to one of the tents as well. And realized suddenly that she had not thanked the others for preparing it for her. She would have to do that when she got up again. The Le-Matoran laid down, closed her eyes and was soon asleep as well.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: I'll just throw this out there:
Were this to happen, Vompran would receive another dosage of sonic pummelling hopefully with enough force to knock him to the ground or in an ideal situation, unconscious.
But since arguments suck, let's just say he's stunned for a bit longer than a split second.IC: Kuhrin...An opportunity which Kuhrin took to slide his blade down the pole of the Scythe in an attempt to slice off Vompran's fingers.OOC: I'd just like to say that Desuka is in Parakuka-activated form, so I presume Kethrye is insanely strong if he's hanging on to it :PIC: DesukaThe beast didn't understand why it was growing so cold so suddenly. It assumed the axe was giving it off, and decided that it was best to let go. But it was such a threat... Still gripping the weapon tightly, it gave a final yank to try and pry it from Kethrye's grasp.
OOC: I guess I just didn't understand what you meant by sonic pummeling. I.C. Vompran did indeed lose two fingers, as there was no way he could avoid the attack. He dropped his sythe in pain. He knew he would lose if he kept fighting, but he had no choice.OOC: :giveup: You have permission to seriously injure him, but not kill him. Have fun Wotz :evilgrin:

elementalussal.png

IC: He knew someone was there. Then this Dendron was clearly skilled in tracking as well. It was rare someone managed to find evidence of her passage.But she didn't mind that. In a sense, it forced her hand; in another, it merely gave him less time to start healing. She'd play to that advantage. Speed-maximum.Without warning, she skittered out from behind the rock and towards the medic. Her feet wove into a speedy zigzag possessing all the speed her powerful skakdi body could offer. Her eyes threw arcs of vision blasts, casting a net around the area of her enemies to inhibit movement and cut their bodies. Both her hands let loose blasts of ice around the Ve-Toa's feet to freeze them to the ground. At almost the exact same time, Zunod opened fire from his cover behind the remains of a wood hut. Heat vision blasted from his eyes at the vortixx. His launcher spat green spheres in her direction as well, threatening to engulf her and her carriage in deadly acid. He remained motionless but with hammer at his side in case of melee attack.The force of these attacks combined surrounded the hapless pair of healer and patient. They had bunched into a tight formation. As such, any attacks dodged by one of the ILF fighters had the potential to hit the other. It did not help that the weakened one had lost mobility. A blast of ice could pass by the toa to hit the vortixx. Acidic spheres could catch both the warriors in their blast or hit either even if its trajectory was dodged--its spherical shell didn't need to make contact for its acid to spew onto their armor. And both the lasers and the heat vision could catch the litter on fire. Nor was their room for a quick retreat with the multitude of attacks coming from two directions. Essentially, the ambuscade was set up to put the ILF warriors on the defensive and keep them there.OOC: Just fyi-what they're doing takes too much concentration to aim precisely. So a little can miss. But remember that, thanks to the aforementioned formation, that still leaves room for the other guy to get hit.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC-Dendron:"Yep, I had a feeling this would happen," Dendron muttered, bringing up his staff. He activated his Kakama, risking harming his patient to get her out of harm's way quickly, doing little more than sliding her to quickly to the side, sidestepping himself to avoid the acid shot. However, in his haste to move away, he slipped on the ice that one of the elemental blasts had created, taking a blast of heat vision in the shoulder, blistering his armour, and a laser right in the chest as he tripped."But I'm not about to let myself get killed easily." He quickly stood, his staff held in a ready position again, the Rahkshi staff he'd picked up at the hive battle on his back and ready to be brought out, if he needed it. Noting the position of the Skakdi of Plantlife behind him, he de-stabilized the wood around by shrinking it quickly and then expanding it, causing the hut to drop and begin to fall.At the same time, he held a hand towards the vines on the ground, before making a quick gesture at Aexias. The vines moved, snakelike in both their movement and their speed, before launching up off the ground to wrap around her and punch into her eyes, breaking her concentration so that Dendron could more easily take her down.

profiles i guess

Ic: Sonius, however, had made the ill choice to leap to the HQ rooftop. As he turned back to survey the fiend and take bead on Hiemalis again, he noticed that the toa of ice had vanished from view again. Sonius was not who the toa of ice was looking for.Hiemalis scampered and hid behind the smoldering ruins of one of the scattered huts. The heat from that ruin did little to comfort him, but the ashen walls provided him a reprieve from the fight. Sweat dripped down from under his mask onto his chest and he looked down at the glistening rivulets before they evaporated; his wintery aura did little to prevent the drying of his essence there. The three engagements he had been through already tuckered him out, predictable from his near reckless usage of energies, physical and elemental. If he was to succeed in answering his primal call he would have to be quick; once he succeeded he would be a sure target in his escape, and he needed to have the power to do so. A prison was no place for a man of death, and he swore to never again be at ransom of the heathens who worshipped petty gods of light and dark.****Underneath the floorbards of the HQ was the small bunker with the two generators the Peer had sabotaged. One was no longer functional at all: The Kanohi-charged one had no more energy coursing through it, the silver cylinder smashed to bits. The electrical one, however, still hummed with life. The datapad blinked vaguely as it read off, in the architect's code, what it was doing.It was recharging. And it was done recharging. Wires fizzed with energy as it prepared to make its magnum opus, the final act of the generator that had caused so much strife already. The energy, eager to be let out of the cage that the generator was, ate through the composite it was housed within and radiated out. Sparks of electricity surged out and streaks of power struck the stone walls, leaving long black lines wherever they touched. Until finally the streaks hit their target. They hit the final blocks of Stralix powder compound blocks, stashed in the stone wall the grotto had. And as soon as it hit, the basement, the generators, the library, the floorboards and the HQ itself blew up as if a rocket silo had been hidden underneath and the missile was being launched then. Flames erupted on all sides as the HQ erupted, obliterating any trace of what had been accomplished there. What had been installed as a failsafe to guard the secrets of the technology had become a final hurrah for the Peers in Pala-Koro, and also a possible doom for anyone who dared linger on the rooftop of the building.****Hiemalis heard the muffled explosion and saw the sudden flare of light from it and took advantage of it as a distraction. Head held high he removed himself from the hiding spot and from the heat to resume his search.

OOC: Why does everyone think that Kythera is mortally wounded or something? :IC: KytheraWhile the Skakdi were fast, Kythera was faster still. While it hurt to make any sudden movements, the zamors shot at her would probably hurt more. With a gunt, Kythera rolled off the stretcher after Dendron had pushered her to the side, and pulled the plant-made structure across her body. It worked suitably for a makeshift shield, taking a blast of heat vision before being completely destroyed by an glob of acid.However, Kythera was on her feet by then, crouched low and her pistol aimed directly at Aexias. There was not a sound as the pale-blue bolt of pure kinetic energy launched from the weapon towards the Skakdi's midsection. With her weakened vision after firing multiple blasts of laser vision, it would be nearly impossible for the Skakdi to see the bolt as it sped towards her.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC, Zenix: Zenix looked up at the explosion and smiled cruelly to himself. The light reflected off his red eyes, giving him a violent aura. Gladii in hand, he continued walking towards the village. planning on laying waste to whatever was left of it. He shrugged off his oil-covered cloak, seeing as it was unusable. Shame. Now he would have to get a new one.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC: Sonius (HQ rooftop)"Karz, he thought just as he realized what was going to happen. He started to leap off of the rooftop but it was too late; the explosion still got him. He hit the ground hard, but he wasn't awake to see what had happened.IC: Dyzaera (Mid-Air above Pala-Koro)"HQ just exploded!" she shouted from the air. She went into a powerdive at the site where the HQ used to be.IC: Terzak (Trees around Pala-Koro)Terzak saw it too. It was time to get things on the move. He began advancing towards the village, trying to stay out of sight.IC: Ira (dueling Ackune)Ira saw the explosion and grinned. Grabbing some fire from the explosion, he hurled it at Ackune.

IC: AckuneThe Toa of Fire merely sidestepped the mass of flames elementally hurled at him. Want to play with fire, don't we? the blind Ta-Toa thought, a grin growing across his face. While Ackune never did considered himself an elementalist, there was no doubt that he did have a greater control over heat then most of his kind. Repeatedly absorbing, creating, and controling pure heat in his forge gave him abilities few could match.At the end of his sidestep, Ackune raise his shield arm, his palm facing Ira, and let loose a consentrated beam of pure heat. The air around the beam shimmered like a mirage, while the plants on the ground along its length spontaneously combusted.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Ira"Hm, beams" he thought. Narrowly sidestepping the beam and moving to Ackune's right, he threw his burning cloak on the ground. Then he noticed Ackune had created an opening by raising his shield arm. "The fool," he thought. Covering himself with flames, he lunged for the opening Ackune hd so graciously provided for him.

OOC: Tarnok and Iulius from Onu-WahiIC: TarnokTarnok blinked as he made the transition from the tunnels to the jungle. Even with the shade, it was substantially brighter than what his eyes had become accustomed to in his time underground.He journeyed in silence. Not because he needed to, but simply because he had nothing to say. He had briefly contemplated asking where they were going and why, but had given up on the notion. He wasn't likely to get an answer.So the Matoran stayed silent, pondering the series of events his life had taken.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG