Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC Ghlist - The Dead End - Talking to Kellin:Ghlist squinted in confusion, "Answers to ours problems? What's your problem?" he asked, not wondering about the mental state of the being (well, maybe he was wondering a bit), but actually wondering what his problem was. -Ghlist

IC: KellinKellin turned, pulling out a drawing from his pocket of a temple. He set it down on the table, and as his hand moved away, Ghlist could see a Kanohi sketched out on the corner of the paper."This," he said, pointing at the building, "is the Temple of Wisdom, known for being the dwelling of a fabled Toa of Wisdom. Inside it is the Kanohi Kartayl. The Blood Kanohi. I want this mask, do you understand, Ghlist? You come with me into the Temple of Wisdom, we get the mask, and I'll teach you how to kill your boss and get away with it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC-Kal:"Oh, I see now," Kal said happily. "Okay then, can I be your apprentice? It'd give me a job, at least. I also got to be my team's medic for a few missions, when our other medic was sick..." He frowned slightly at his memories. "Our armour was thick enough we never got hurt badly, but at least I know a few plants that we used," he finished lamely.OOC: I like how they knew each other in Ta-Koro on page 5...but now they're complete strangers. It is rather funny to me.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC Ghlist - The Dead End - Talking to Kellin: Ghlist looked at the picture, and then the mask, considering the Toa's proposition. Obviously, he wanted to know how to kill his boss without any of his former colleagues knowing, so he nodded slowly, "So let me guess, you walk into random bars, and talk to random strangers, usually lowlifes who you think you can discard or perhaps use as a meat shield or tool to help you get to what you want, not caring if they live or die in the process, only that you get whatever it is you want before they do. And if they are still alive at the end of this quest, which you tricked them into going on by telling them that you could help them fulfill their greatest desires, you either kill them, or figure out a way to run away from them, leaving with your loot in tow, and them in the dust."It seemed, even through intoxication, he could make perfect sense. He waited for Kellin's response, and he couldn't help but think that this was just another one of the guys that he had just vividly described. -Ghlist

IC: KellinKellin, who was in the middle of taking a seventh shot, began to laugh, snorting alcohol up his nose and spluttering and coughing for breath. When he could finally utter a sound again, he began to laugh some more."Is that really what you think?" he said, putting down the empty glass. "Karz, no. I decided to do this about twenty minutes ago, and I'm not nearly suicidal enough to think that I won't need help getting to where I'm going."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Ghlist - The Dead End - Talking to Kellin:"My point, Kellin," he said, the Toa only further proving his point. "I'm not nearly stupid enough to run off with a random stranger to a random temple to find a random mask of power on a random Toa of Wisdom. For all I know, you're just a bandit, waiting to lead me into a desert canyon where all your little buddies are hiding, waiting to leap out and kill me, raiding my body of all my weapons, armor, widgets, the works," he said, a scowl on his face.-Ghlist

IC: KellinKellin shrugged, taking another shot before whipping a dagger out from his sleeve and holding it an arm hair's length away from Ghlist's throat. If he so much as swallowed too much, his jugular would be cut and he would bleed out all over the floor."If I wanted you dead," he said carefully and casually, "you would be bleeding out all over the floor of this bar and I would be long gone. No, Ghlist. I need this mask. The rewards of this mission far outweigh the risks."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Ghlist - The Dead End - Talking to Kellin:Ghlist decided to stay still, and not move as the Toa brought out a knife, holding it extremely close to his throat. He knew that this could still be part of this guy's plan to kill him, and it changed nothing, but he decided to play along for now; if a bunch of bandits wanted to mess with him, then by Mata Nui, he was going to give them the fight of their little lives. He moved back an inch or two, "Alright, fine, put the knife away, before one of us gets hurt. I'll come with you on this supposed quest," he said, finishing off yet another drink. -Ghlist

ooC: I changed the name TD, also I've decided to write for him in 1st person.IC: SoranI smiled as I watched Rynekk run out, well it seems he regained his senses. I then started walking it, before turning and facing Tillian and Naona, "I'll leave you two lovebirds to yourself," before turning and walking out the door. I knew that nothing of the sort was going on between the two, I was just messing with them. Messing with people was what I did, I chuckled silently outside the burger joint, before continuing onward. I was done here, and still not quite sure of my next stop.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Kellin"Alright, then," said Kellin, sheathing the knife and taking a ninth shot. He stood, remarkably still and sober, then beckoned."Let's go," he said. "It's just approaching night, and if we leave now, we won't die of heatstroke by the time we get there."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Ghlist - The Dead End - Talking to Kellin:Although he was still unsure whether or not he could trust this Kellin guy, he decided to follow anyways; he knew the desert well, even if he did spend much of his time in Ko-Koro, and he understood the dangers of it. Traveling by night was a good, and a bad idea, traveling by night meant no blistering heat, but it did mean freezing temperatures, and deadly beasts that normally didn't travel in the day. He followed the Toa out of the pub, letting him lead on to their destination.-Ghlist

IC: KellinKellin moved through the damaged city gates: Po-Koro had apparently survived the Rahkshi attack, something which did not thoroughly surprise him. After about thirty minutes, the village was out of sight."Don't worry!" he yelled back to Ghlist, who was about five yards behind him. "If all goes to plan, by this time tomorrow I'll have the mask and you'll be on your way to kill that boss of yours."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert - Walking with Kellin:Ghlist watched the moon as he walked along, occasionally looking back to the ground to make sure no dunes came up, or surprise pits that he could trip into. "Yeah..." he said to himself, continuing to stare at the moon (assuming there is one, of course XD).-Ghlist

IC: KellinKellin kept walking through the desert, sometimes stopping to keep track of the stars and nodding to himself.This will all be worth it, Kellin. The Kanohi Kartayl...the Temple of Wisdom...As he started to walk again after one such stop, he tripped on something and stumbled, immediately catching his balance and drawing his sword. He turned around and saw-a Matoran's leg. Sweeping away the sand, Kellin found an entire convoy's worth of bodies and ransacked masks. There were staff wounds and several bites across the poor traders, leaving no doubt in the Toa's mind what had happened."Rahkshi," he muttered to himself before turning around and heading onwards towards the Temple.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert - Walking with Kellin:Ghlist looked over the dead Matoran, wondering what could have happened to all of them... after a bit of scrutiny, he saw what Kellin had seen, bite marks, staff wounds... Rahkshi. "Rahkshi?" he asked, loud enough for Kellin to hear. -Ghlist

IC: Kellin"They attacked Po-Koro this morning!" Kellin called back. "They're long gone by now. Nothing to worry about. Besides, they're weakened. We could easily come out of a battle with five wounded Rahkshi somewhat intact."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Meanwhile, not far away, another Toa found himself trudging through the sand, which, despite it being a desert, seemed rather familiar to him."Confound this wretched map," he grumbled somewhat irritably. "I did have an inkling of an idea that asking that toa of plasma for directions was not the most pragmatic course of action. Even so..." he continued, recalling a young gentleman of around his age being very helpful, if a little apprehensive, in the way of directing him towards Po-Koro. In hindsight, he now realized the cause of the other traveler's attempts to ward him off."I suppose it can't be helped, seeing as he genuinely tried to warn me," he conceded with a small, disappointed sigh. "Poor lad must be tortured by such a lack of direction." he mused, producing a silver flask from his pocket and taking a drink of water."In any case," he said, holding the infernal map out to catch the wind, soon letting go and observing it float away in the breeze. "I cannot allow this cursed parchment to endanger another." he concluded, as a flash of white lightning exploded from his palm, bolt arcing through the air to incinerate the map in question. As the particles of ash blew off with the breeze, he continued on, reaching the top of a particularly large dune.Gazing across his field of vision, he quickly spotted what appeared to be two fellow adventurers about a kio away."HELLO!" He called, waving his arms to draw their attention in his direction. At the same time, he readied his Kulasi, intent on closing the distance between them once they were aware of his presence.After all, Taikunsa thought, it would be simply rude to startle them.

Edited by Raz: Master Muscle Wizard

helo frens

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert - Talking to Kellin:Even though he didn't quite recall the attack (he must have been inside a building, hiding...), he understood the power of these beasts, the area they just left was a monument to their sins. Still he could probably take them, wounded, and with Kellin to help him, so he wasn't so worried about running into them on the way to this temple.-Ghlist

IC: KellinThe Toa of Sonics stopped. He heard...something.Turning around on his heel, he saw a Toa yelling and approaching them."We have company, it appears," he said. "Stay calm. He doesn't appear to be a threat."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Kiox - Near Kellin and GhlistMy world makes running easy, and turns tables around.A dark blue Toa sat under a stone to avoid the sun. He'd caught a boat from the Kumu Islets- well, stolen one -and made his way to this Koro. A sunny break from the stormy seas. He found he hated the large orb in the sky. It was so hot, and hurt his eyes to gaze on. He heard voices. Not directly, but he heard the noise. He turned his head to listen in. Maybe they were speaking of something interesting.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert:Ghlist turned to see a being atop a nearby dune, waving at them; he reached for his blades, but he didn't appear to be a threat at the moment. He still kept his hands on his two swords, waiting to see what this being would do. -Ghlist

IC: Ah, good, they appear to have noticed me. Right, then, let us be off. he thought, willing his Kulasi into effect.A moment later, a tall, athletic toa of lightning clad in sensible, yet stylish garb stood before them, an amiable smile on his face and no threat in his eyes nor posture."Salutations, fellow travelers," he began, with a small bow of his head as a sign of respect and etiquette. "My name is Taikunsa Nakhran, and I seem to be a tad misdirected at the moment. Would it be a bother if I requested to accompany you on whatever oddessy you may be partaking in?" he asked, polite and amicable in both tone and expression.

helo frens

IC: Kellin"Temple of Wisdom," said Kellin, turning around with a nod. "That's all you need to know."Here's hoping this little group doesn't get too big...-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert - Talking to Taikunsa Nakhran:Ghlist didn't respond immediately, but instead stared at the being for a few moments before speaking to him, "What are you doing out in the Po-Wahi desert, traveler?" he asked him, Kellin soon telling him their destination.-Ghlist

IC: "Ah, the infamous temple of the Kanohi Kartayl." Taikunsa breathed, taking in this new development. "Many tales of the last fiasco of an expedition to that place." he noted with mild disdain, or perhaps sarcasm. Apprehensiveness?"In answer to your question, sir;" the toa of lightning began, turning to Ghlist. "I was originally headed for Po-Koro, but I had the misfortune of asking directions of an odd young fellow, around my age, who seems to be... well, to be frank, horrendous in regards to navigation. Funny, he seemed oddly familiar..." he trailed off, putting a thoughtful gloved hand to his chin."In any case, 'tis as I stated before. I got lost."

helo frens

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert - Talking to Taikunsa:"Lost... fair enough. I don't think there would be any harm in letting you travel with us," he told Taikunsa. Kellin then asked about the people who had traveled to the temple before them... either this was some sort of elaborate ruse, or this was a legit mission to a real temple, with a real mask of power, and a real Toa of Wisdom.-Ghlist

IC: "Rumors being what they are, I am not quite sure how much of my knowledge is embellisment or genuine." he elaborated, "However, I've heard that there were quite a few... difficulties regarding the retrieval of the mask in question, both between the teams involved and within the temple itself. Most notable, however, thanks to the all-too-rare consistency between all of the different recountings of the misadventure, is the fact that there was evidently a... 'Force Field' of sorts around the mask, similar to one generated by a Hau."

helo frens

IC: KellinForce Field...interesting."Hmm," he thought to himself before turning to Ghlist and Taikunsa. "That should make this much more fun. And a lot easier. If the group before us tried this recently, then the booby traps should be mostly deactivated..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Kiox - EavesdroppingKiox cleared his throat loudly."Excuse me, but did you say 'Temple of Wisdom'?"He stepped around, looking at them."I have traversed the tunnel myself. Might I come along?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: You remove the Character then put in an altered version, I count it as a different being, and Virthee doesn't know this Kal.IC: Virthee"The problem is, I already have an apprenctice that takes all of my training time... I really can't manage another one while still being of use to the island with my medicinal knowledge." The doctor commented, shaking his head with a light sigh. "I can't reall work at training anyone else at the moment..."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC Ghlist - Po-Wahi Desert - Talking:Their group of two had just turned into four, and with people popping up every which way, he could only assume that they were going down the same path whoever had gone into the temple before... and died. 'Course, this guy said he had traveled the... tunnel, whatever that was, Ghlist figured it was part of the temple. "Ancient traps don't reactivated themselves," he said aloud, just making that clear. If the traps were in fact activated again, then that would mean some sort of foe would be in the temple.-Ghlist

OOC: Ahem. No. TNG, I'm not RPing with someone who's character is generally accepted to be dead.IC - Kiox - Near TempleKiox threw his hands up in surrender. He had a disliking if knives."No need for that, man. Not if you want to get through this thing alive."He looked around at the group."I looted this place. I got this sword from this place."He unsheathed his gold-hilted sword that coud freeze objects.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: That doesn't give you a free pass to ignore any form of common sense, logic, and all known biology. I've seen what you've had your characters live through, and quite frankly, they should not have, no matter the setting. You might want to read Tuck's guide to Common Sense in the Rules thread if you don't want to catch more flak for these shenanigans.IC: "Well then, shall we continue?" the Toa of Electricity asked, scanning the horizon for any more potential comrades that wished to appear as he had.

helo frens