How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Gorag

I myself only speak English fluently, but am learning Latin and Spanish. Both come really easy for me, and are much more fun to speak than English is. Are you learning or do you know any other languages, and do you learn them rather easily as well?

6244916474_c93fd6d552.jpg

6251674125_b0dbed809a.jpg

6252203236_c35c6ab8f3.jpg

English is my first language. When I was eight, we started moving around the Americas, to lots of Spanish-speaking countries. Within a few months, I spoke it fluently (first, Costa-Rican class Spanish, then later, Castellano). But I moved back to the US in about the seventh grade, and mostly forgot how to speak it. Then I started high school last year, and took Spanish I for the easy grade, and for a foreign language credit. Now I am in Spanish II. I do not speak it fluently, but I speak it enough to successfully communicate with a Spanish-speaking person, perhaps with a nice accent.

IetTsFQ.png

I'm Norwegian, but I'm fluent in both American and British English, and I'm fairly good at Danish and Swedish (they're kinda elaborate Norwegian accents, but hey-ho) and I'm learning French. Being gifted at linguistics, I'll probably spend a lot of my time on this godforsaken planet learning languages and utilizing them to the best of my abilities.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

I speak English natively. Currently, I am in Spanish class and working more outside of class (hopefuly to the point of being able to work at an accelerated rate eventually). I also plan on learning a few other languages using the Internet. (Specifically, I'm interested in learning some French, German, and/or Arabic.) ~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

:kaukau:My native language is English. Someday I plan on visiting the Netherlands and am taking a class on the Dutch language and customs. I plan on continuing onto the next semester with my studies. I cannot say for sure whether I will learn for more than one year, although I think I will. In spite of what other people think, it is a beautiful language. Guttural languages felt more genuine to me and closer to my soul. There are the more musical languages such as Spanish, French, and other Romance languages, which to me have a vague association with the element of air, but I feel a more personal attachment to the element of Earth. I think it is foreseeable that within my lifetime I might also learn German, Latin, Greek, and Hebrew. It might not all happen, but I would seriously consider an attempt at them all. After all, there are plenty of years in one lifetime. There was also a year and a half that I learned some Spanish, which I retained more than I expected. Perhaps I will never be fluent, but what I currently know might still be useful one day. Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

I'm learning English (near-mastery), German (3/4 of the way), Spanish (3/4 there as well), Japanese (1/2 way there), and Russian (just started). I also know a good amount of Latin and Greek, several words in French and Chinese, two words of Hebrew, and one word of each of the following languages: Dutch, Portuegese, Sanskrit, Gaelic, and Korean. -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

English, Cantonese, some Korean, some Japanese, Finnish, Estonian, Faroese I used to speak some German and Slovene but I've forgotten most of it by now

The following statement is false. The following statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The previous three statements are false. This statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The truthfulness of the second statement is inversely proportional to the truthfulness of the fifth statement. This is totally not confusing at all. This signature contains no false information. All of the preceding sentences are false.

English is my first, like most others xpI also learned how to speak Chinese (From School) and Japanese(From my Cuz) Sadface, Astrotorical took my Matoran speaking joke =(Well, I can read and write in it, without looking a single letter up ^^ z_signoff.png

I speak english and that's the hardest language they say, so technically when I hear other languages they should reach to my level, not I falling to theirs. I'm just kidding. :B I honestly wish I knew another language, but only English and a liiiittle spanish. My dad is Puerto Rican and kicks himself for never teaching me.

My Spanish is fairly decent and my Japanese is a work in progress.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Counting computer languages, at least 5 fluently and many more in various stages of fluency. Not counting computer languages, just English, though I was learning Chinese and intend to start again.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

I'm a native English speaker - English English, by the way :P I speak French and German with some degree of fluency, having got A*s in both at GCSE, and been to both countries several times. I also love Classical languages - I can translate Latin and Ancient Greek, and pretty much speak them too! So that makes five, three modern, two ancient. And I have a smattering of Elvish XD

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

German and Spanish are my native languages, but I have also been speaking English for over seven years and French (though by far not as good as English) for six years, although I stopped French lessons one year ago.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Dutch and English, for obvious reasons. I know some decent German.Snippets of French, Japanese and Korean. I really want to learn Japanese and Korean. :P

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Snippets of French, Japanese and Koran.

One of these is not like the others.

The following statement is false. The following statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The previous three statements are false. This statement is false. The previous two statements are true. The truthfulness of the second statement is inversely proportional to the truthfulness of the fifth statement. This is totally not confusing at all. This signature contains no false information. All of the preceding sentences are false.

Snippets of French, Japanese and Koran.

One of these is not like the others.
Yeah, typo. Fixed it. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

English, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand-ish. I studied Spanish for GCSE and got a C in it (Painfully, the only C I received, although better than the D I was expecting) and as you can guess from the little bracket enclosed tangent there, I didn't do very well in it and have promptly forgotten most of what I learnt. I also studied Japanese for another course, and did the compulsory french course. Unsurprisingly, I didn't do very good in any of them. I'm not sure how people learn different languages, but I just don't seem capable of it, which is unfortunate as people would probably think I'm ignorant as a result when I go to a non-English speaking country. I'm also part german, but have barely started to learn that.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Je ne parlez pas anglais! Kidding! I speak English, a little French, and I understand a few words of Japanese, like shiro-white, egao-smile, Aku no Musume-Daughter of Evil, Igirisu-England, Doitsu-Germany, Itaria/Italia-Italy and Nihon-Japan. And my favourite word: BAKAAAAAA!!! That is my vocabulary.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause