Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC (Oreius)

“I've told him about our Quest so far,” Oreius replied, next to the Pa-Matoran and holding his hands out to the blaze. “But I've left out some of the... locations.” He shrugged. “I figured the fewer people who know everything, the better.”

He paused, appearing to gather his thoughts, then squatted next to the Wanderer and continued. “I did this because... because I feel like he's supposed to come with us, Stannis.”

Ic: Stannis looked from the fire to Oreius, and then turned to Korero and gave the Ko-Matoran an analytical look. "That makes four of us," he said, gesturing to Antrim, who stood to the side for the moment, observing his protege work.

"Destiny... she works in mysterious ways sometimes," Stannis said. "We can never be sure that something is not a godsend. But even if one were to look at this at face value," he said, referring to his teacher's by-the-moment philosophy, "you came to us as a moment when we were few and our spirits were low. You may be the very key we need to open a door we have not come to yet. As the Wanderer, I welcome you to my company, Korero."

IC (Korero)

A smile spread across Korero's face.

"And I am very glad to be here, Stannis!" he exclaimed. The Matoran paused thoughtfully, shifting in the comfortable armchair in front of the roaring fire. "I wonder how long it'll be before I find such comfort again...best make the most of it while we can!"

Grabbing a sharpened fork from next to the hearth, he pulled out a handful of nuts.

"Found these in the Ga-Wahi woodland," he remarked, skewering the nuts on the fork and dangling them into the fire. Before long, the roasting smell began to waft through the room, making stomachs rumble.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: [Elysi]

For Elysi, Ko-Koro possessed nothing really of use any more, which meant she was merely wasting time staying the village of ice. Moving on to a different village would probably be difficult, but if she wanted to obtain more funds, she'd probably have to.

And so she set off for her home village.

OOC: Elysi to Ta-wahi.

IC:Kai ~Voluntarily Going back to Prison? What is he thinking? YOU FOOL, TURN BACK AND ATTACK!~

Kai looked at Den, the strange man with the cloak, and hopefully the person who would get him out of prison. He had to make a decision now, either go back to his cell and run the risk of either getting locked up forever/dying, or trust this stranger who it seemed fate had just put in the way of his escape. It made no sense for this Toa to be on duty at this time of day, Kai had never seen him on duty around this time, and if he had just responded to Kai's attempted prison break, he had to be the fastest Toa in the world. Kai's entire mission, and possibly the fate of the entire island rested on how he decided to react to Alrin's suggestion. He attempted to analyze Alrin once more, to find something, anything, that would sway his decision. He wears a cloak like the other guard, but doesn't seem to be hiding anything except his chest, possibly a flaw? No, he's not the vain type you fool, just look at the rest of his wardrobe. A scar then? That makes a little more sense. He's used to the cold, even though it's unusually cold today, suggesting either he's a Toa of Fire using his powers to heat himself up or a Toa of Ice. However, his armor's color seems to suggest that he is indeed a Toa of Ice. Speaking of armor, his mask also seems to be covered by a clothe, hiding his infected mask? No, that would be too obvious, his co-workers would've caught onto his secret a while ago. More scars then? So it's obvious that this man has many scars that he wishes to hide. Why though? What reason could he have for hiding his scars?

Kai came to the conclusion that he had absolutely no reason to trust this stranger, and in fact, had even more reasons not to trust him, as he seemed to be hiding a few secrets. But while his brain was screaming at him to decline the offer and murder all three guards simply to be done with it, his gut was screaming that he should trust Alrin, as last time he did what his brain said he ended up murdering an innocent Matoran for absolutely no reason. Kai took a deep breath, and lowered his weapons. "You win. Let's go."

IC: (Alrin)

I cuffed him immediately, it was an act of course. I should have shot him, then the message would have been sent to any other criminals, but I needed more time to talk to him, alone. I needed people to think that I was going to simply lead him back to his cell for a talk, which I was, but what we would be talking about would raise the alarms. I grabbed some paper and a few pens. I ordered the prison guard to leave, I lead him to the interrogation cell and unshackled him. I sat down and motioned for him to sit across from me as I began writing. When I was finished a pushed the paper in front of him.

Alright, let me start. My name is Alrin, currently a Captain of the Sanctum Guard, temporary promotion that unfortunately stuck. How do I know you're telling the truth about these people? These people who are like phantoms, ghosts, the people responsible for so much destruction? Logic tells me I have to regard your tales with skepticism. My gut tells me different. I have been honest with you so far, now you must be honest with me.

OOC: Apologies Biobeast, a chain of events and the holidays kept me from being able to respond in a timely fashion. Hopefully we can move this much quicker now.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Oreius)

Oreius accepted some of Korero's nuts gratefully, and munched them quickly. Even here, in the peaceful protection of the Massif, he felt the urgent pull of their Quest tugging on him, urging him on, though everything within him cried out to stay. He was still sore from the previous day's events; he was hungry and, even after a good night's rest, still a bit tired. He longed to simply sit back in his chair and forget about responsibility for awhile.

But he couldn't. The Principle of Duty belonged to Ta-Koro, after all; it was a concept that had been hammered into his head over many, many years. One's duty came before comfort, before rest, before friends... even before Unity or Destiny, some said.

The Ta-Matoran brushed aside this last thought quickly. The thought of his duty -ridding the island of Makuta- eclipsing his destiny of carrying on the legacy of the First Toa (which also happened to include uniting with his companions), reminded him of yesterday's dreams. What if, when the chips were down, he chose his duty over everything else, even the Prophecy?

Nobody would blame him if he did. Duty... duty was the most important thing of all.

But, for now, that thought could be stowed away, tucked into the recesses of Oreius' mind where he could dwell upon it later (even though, truth be told, he didn't particularly want to think about it at all). Now was the time for action, not contemplation.

"We need to get moving," the Ta-Matoran said finally. He looked up at Antrim. "I thank you for your hospitality, and for rescuing us, but we can't stay. The Makuta's servants won't wait for us to recover."

Ic: "We need to get moving," the Ta-Matoran said finally. He looked up at Antrim. "I thank you for your hospitality, and for rescuing us, but we can't stay. The Makuta's servants won't wait for us to recover."

"No, you shoudn't leave the Massif just yet," Antrim replied patiently.

"Why is that?"

"Because we have not eaten yet. And because..." Stannis chimed in with a knowing smile, "you haven't been to the Massif yet." He set the tongs of nuts down and grabbed a few rods and a stack of meats. "For now, we should eat breakfast."

"And soon I will take you three to the monastery on high," Antrim said. "Before then, however, you should get weapons and supplies from the armory."

Oreius' eagerness sedated for the while, he partook like the others in the morning meal. The group chatted as merrily they could to pass the time of cooking until the hour had been reached.

Antrim led the team down the steps to the armory, a cellar of the keep, where weapons and tools hung about. But while he others found what they wanted Stannis was not in luck, it seemed. "My lord, you don't have any spears or pikes here?"

Antrim waved his hand at him to assuage his concern. "Don't worry." That was all that the Wanderer could go on for then.

IC (Korero)

Korero felt rather out of place in The Massif's armoury. He surveyed the racks of knives, swords, axes, staves, maces, flails, and other weapons he didn't know the names of, but knew that each one would always feel out-of-place in his hand. He wasn't a bladesman, and likely never would be, even if Oreius or Stannis gave him some training.

But just as he was about to turn away, one thing caught his eye. It was beautiful in its simplicity, perfectly circular and light yet tough.

A bamboo disk.

Korero picked up the disk and turned it over in his hands. The surface, pulped, compressed, and polished smooth by a woodsmith, was pleasant to touch, the feeling of glossy varnish over the bamboo's rough fibres tickling his fingers. He knocked one side of it, and the wood gave forth a pleasantly solid sound, like a Le-Matoran wood-drum.

Something about the disk called to him. And he answered it.

"I'll take this," he said as he turned to Antrim, then bowed. "Thank you for your generosity, great Toa."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:Kai ~Ko-Koro Prison~

Kai glanced at the note, then grabbed a nearby piece of charcoal off the ground, presumably left from the explosion that had occurred earlier that week, and began scribbling down an explanation.

Prove to you that I"m telling the truth? I have no proof. If they were careless enough to leave proof behind, I wouldn't have blow up an entire Koro to beat them, now would I? The only 'proof' (if you can even call this proof) I have is that an old friend of mine, currently lying dead on the frozen ground near the remains of the Ko-Koro Kohlii Stadium, used his Mask of Psychometry and got lucky, very lucky. I'm not sure exactly what he saw, but it was enough to convince him that there was a small group of individuals with powerful contacts and plans that will leave the stability of this island less than... Stable I guess. Who the contacts actually are, I have no idea(although the only 'powerful' contacts I can really think of off the top of my head would be the Turaga, Makuta, and the Turaga's second in commands.).

Kai began handing the paper back so that Alrin could read it, but then decided to add a bit at the end.

And before you say that I'm crazy, and that there is no secretive evil group, just remember that people thought Takua was crazy too, and he managed to summon Tahu and his team. Destiny seems to pick the most unlikely people to get the job done.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

I sighed, barely any evidence to truly back up his claims. In all honest he sounded like a mad man when he said he needed to blow up an entire village to stop them. Such ideas they didn't really make any sense. Well initially, I knew the intent, well my gut did. His attacks were to strength the village, to point out the various weaknesses in our structure and how easily our village could be destroyed. Now he was talking about a group trying to destabilize the current power structure on Mata Nui. What had the destruction of the Kumu Islets yielded? Well now there were more criminals than ever on Mata Nui itself. Those surviving had already struck out against Le-Koro, as they had hear Xa-Koro forces had struck Le-Wahi, but had been defeated.

So if you don't have any proof, do you know how to find these people, how to draw them out? Currently the only way to find out is to get my hands on mask on Psychometry and possibly see if I could use that in a roundabout way to see what he saw. Who killed your friend by the way? I am still inclined to let you out, but some ground rules will need to be set:

1. I am going to kill you. When we find these people who attacked Le-Koro and destroyed the Kumu Islets. When we put a stop to their machinations, I will kill you. Justice still needs to be served.

2. You're going to have to trust me and I'm going to have to trust you. I'm going to need you to find these people and you're going to need me to keep you alive till we get there.

3. We will do what we have to do to stop these people. Since you are a mass murderer and terrorist, I don't think you'll have any problem seeing this through to the end.

4. We're going dark. My plan to get you out of here means we'll both be free to do what we need to do. That will come at a cost.

My current plan is to kill you, well to make it look like you died. You see there's a market everywhere for medicine, and poison. There's even a plant extract that can convince people you're dead, when in reality you would really have to look close to make sure you're dead. Since I'm going behind my superiors' backs to "kill" you. They'll fire me, but not before I cremate "your" body. Effectively dead to society you will assume a new identity, I will likely have to do the same too.

You see if these people are as big as a threat as they say you are. They might already be convinced you're a threat, if you're dead you are not a threat anymore. They'll never see you coming.

I finished writing with the charcoal and pushed it back to him. My arms were folded, I looked to his face, seeing how he would react. If wanted to escape here with little fuss, if he wanted some actual support. He would answer my questions and agree to the plan.

IC:Kai ~Ko-Koro Prison~ -Hanging with his Pen Pal-

A way to find them? Wait for the next huge event to happen. Personally, I'd go check and see if any huge events have happened, a large battle or something similar, and investigate the remains for anything suspicious, see if we can get a lead from that. And if you want to be technical, I killed him, but it was a mercy kill. Krian, also known as Soundblaster, had shot him with a poison arrow, so I had the choice to either end his life then, or let him slowly suffocate(or whatever that poison would've done to him) to death in the cold.

1. Fine with me, as long as you think you can beat up Krian, whose only reason for living is to kill me.

2.I love how you put this one right after you said that you would kill me. It's almost as if you want me to say no...

3.Yeah yeah, whatever. Just don't ask me to kill anyone that we might've started to befriend.(Unless it's a mercy kill, I'm fine with those.) Let's just say it doesn't end well for me mentally.

4.Yep. Sure, whatever. I've got nothing to loose.

Wait, how exactly are you going to burn my dead body? 'Cause if you burn my actual body at all...

Ic: After Korero found his precious and Oreius was pleased with his selections, the four people left the armory and exited the village's walls. It was then that Oreius and Korero first beheld the monolithic dome of granite that soared above the village. It was vast, broad and tall, and grey with what seemed to be golden specks in its body that sparkled as the team hiked by it. It was like a sleeping whale and Antrim and his guests were little more than explorers swimming alongside it. The matoran were awed by the massive rock while Stannis merely trudged with intent. They hiked alongside it on the leeward side, hugging the vertical cliff that rounded slowly away from them.

At last, they reached the top. Unlike the barren side of the dome and the appearance it gave from afar, the top of the Massif was carpeted in a soft green carpet of grass, almost like moss, and on the far tip of the dome, almost directly over the village, was a small redoubt, a monastery. While Korero and Oreius walked normally, Stannis did a short bow before walking with heightened reverence. Antrim had already disappeared from view; he had teleported to the building to prepare.

The matoran arrived at the gate of the chapel and let the Wanderer lead the way. It was private and serene, a small network of sandstone and granite passageways that all symmetrically met again on the other side in a shrine. Oil lamps and torches were mountain on the walls, their flickering golden light casting a holy illumination on the hewed walls and columns that lines the side of the church. On the far side was a table with the Mata Nui spirit stone, flanked by the Three Virtues, Lady Destiny by his side.

Stannis fell to the floor and wept, not totally in reverence. "My friends," he said softly, "I have something I must say."

"Then say it," reverberated Antrim's voice as he appeared from a balcony on a level directly above the chapel floor. "Speak your mind in the company of god and men."

"I am a prophet and blessed beyond compare for a mere matoran, but I have failed to realize my role." A silence ensued after this statement. Antrim patiently awaited his man's continuation from up high while Oreius was visibly confused by this confession of failure, especially having seen his leader do so much even in his sleep. Korero, however, was unreadable. Stannis said, "I had a vision this morning, the last of several. But this one was worse; it has to do with me. Destiny, the fair maiden, was at my side." His words echoed off the floor that he spoke to and drifted around the entire hall as if spoken through an amplifier, and the prophet's unwavering voice seemed even more impressive in this holy setting. "She said she would always be with me. Then to my right there was Duty, the ever-vigilant. He said I would never fight alone. But I realized then that there was one of them missing. I asked the spirits where Unity was. And Destiny's answer crushed me.

"She said... that it was up to me. I realized then the truth, that I am Unity. This was why I was anointed to gather the others, this was why Mata Nui rained these gifts to me, it was all at a price I was expected to pay, the price of my will to keep the team together from this day to the next. And I know now how I have failed to pay." He looked back up at the shrine and saw his representative, a stone that lingered at the Great Spirit's totem's foot. "I have failed to lead."

IC (Korero)

Korero looked on, his expression a little blank. Personally, he wasn't sure whether Stannis was quite right in the head; perhaps the strains of so much Destiny were taking their toll, for even Korero thought it unreasonable to believe that you were a personification of Unity itself...

Then again, perhaps it was a metaphor Korero was missing. So the Ko-Matoran stayed silent.

OOC: My entire character roster is in this region. Oh joy.

IC: Ronkshou & Vidar – Echelon’s Lair

“Ronkshou,” Kohra said to Ronkshou and Echelon prepared his operation, “Echelon is right. Time is of the essence. Until now, I bought you time by distracting the villages. But the board has been set and the pieces are moving. And the balance cannot be tipped in our favour by well-timed explosions anymore. I think you could use my help. And it appears our master thinks the same.”

She looked the Toa in the eyes. “I may not be a frontline fighter. But my weapons are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency. What do you say?”

Ronkshou crossed his arms as he appeared to contemplate for a moment. After replaying the “warning” he got about a possible Toa team, the Infected Toa resigned himself to reason. It was quite possible he would need all the help he could get.

Utu scoffed half-heartedly, “Y-you know nothing of fear.”

He eyed the Vortixx, before looking back to Echelon, “Well?”

Ronkshou ignored the jeer and looked at Kohra, his red eyes ablaze with conviction.

“The truth is, we may need your assistance after all,” Ronkshou said, “Between recent events and things that I’ve thought over while being imprisoned, I believe that we need to increase our numbers. Welcome aboard, Kohra”

“I've got what I wanted, Utu,” said Echelon. “It's time.”

He led the way towards one of the several doors in the walls of the chamber.

“Utu, Vidar, if you'd care to follow me,” he said as the metal door slid open. “My laboratory is down this passage.”

The Infected Toa motioned his head, indicating for Vidar to follow Echelon into his lab. When the metal door shut, he then turned to Zadron, who stood and watched as the exchanges took place.

“You commonly work with the forces of Makuta,” Ronkshou said, “And for that I think you could be a valuable asset as well, even Echelon. You may have already realized that many servants happen to have the means to provide fair compensation – I am no exception. If you want to join our quest for these Matoran as well, Zadron, you are welcome to”

OOC: Will edit in/post the others' later.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Ronkshou – Echelon’s Lair

The Infected Toa nodded.

“Excellent,” Ronkshou said. He then moved to the side so that he could look at both Kohra and Zadron, “I suppose I should bring you up to speed on just exactly who we’re going after. Six Matoran: one Pa-Matoran, one Ta-Matoran, one Ko-Matoran, and three other Matoran of unknown tribes. This group has but one artifact, a powerful Toa Stone that the Makuta rightfully acquired, but was stolen. This Toa Stone is not like others, for it seems to have the power to defend itself at certain times, hence Utu’s difficulty. Right now, our priority is the Matoran themselves. We need to learn everything they know about these artifacts and what they plan to do. I can guess that someone stole the stones and hid them across Mata Nui, but without Matoran, the stones are just stones. That’s why it’s important that we find these people and bring them in. We’re more than powerful enough to do so… the true issue is dealing with… noble ‘heroes’. We’ve encountered two already. The next one we find must be killed swiftly so that we don’t lose the Matoran’s trail”

Ronkshou then growled quietly after that last statement, knowing that they indeed lost the trail of the Matoran they had found.

“Speaking of trail, I believe that the Matoran are moving in a clockwise fashion. I first heard about this quest that they are on when they were in Ta-Wahi. Once assigned the task of hunting the Matoran down, I learned that they had gone to the Kumu Islets. Then we find them here,” Ronkshou explained, “If we don’t find them again in Ko-Wahi, then Onu-Wahi is our next place”

“Any questions while Utu and Vidar get fixed up?”

IC: Wokapu, Lekori, & Wokiya – Ko-Wahi snowfields a couple miles north of Ko-Koro

Lekori nodded in approval, “One of the best takes I’ve heard yet”

“Yeah, I think we’re like-minded on that particular virtue,” Wokapu said, “Sometimes I wonder if I’ve, in fact, rejected my destiny… maybe the Makuta attacking me was meant to put me back on the right track”

Despite what many could consider a harsh climate, the weather in Ko-Koro was quite nice. There were limited specs of clouds in the sky, nearly drowning in the bright blue hue that spanned across the sky. The only sounds that greeted the group were the occasional breeze and the soft, rhythmic crunching of feet across the snow. The only downside was the fact that the ground became increasingly steep as the group walked to their destination. After about twenty more minutes of traveling, their walks started to become climbs. But by the time that happened, they had reached the top.

A humongous mansion sat before them, still dead-bolted. The frosted trees and shiny rocks still remained, giving the landscape an even mix of order and natural beauty. Wokapu couldn’t help but sigh happily when he reached his house. After so many weeks of pain, he was finally home.

He looked to his left, down the mountain and adjacent to a makeshift stone road. While not a big as Wokapu’s mansion, Niici’s house was of a considerable size. Plus, there was the dense metallic attachment that was actually creatively decorated, making it aesthetically appealing against all odds.

Though to be fair, this was Niici, the decorating queen. His heart leapt at the idea of seeing her again. Even though she rejected the prospect of a closer relationship, he hoped that they could still be friends.

It was still possible, right?

Wait, first thing’s first, Wokapu reminded himself. He needed to make his company comfortable first. The armored Toa quickly jogged up the stone stairs and reached into a compartment in his armor. A look of horror then swept across his face: where did his key go?

“Always prepared,” Lekori’s voice said behind Wokapu. The Toa of Air looked behind him to see Lekori holding a large, copper-colored key.

“Ronkshou stole this from you, remember? When he tossed me into your cave, he decided to leave the key along with all my belongings,” Lekori explained, “I was able to get it back”

Wokapu gave the Le-Matoran a sly grin, “Where would I be without you and your resourcefulness”

“Likely dead,” Lekori said flatly, following it up with a kindhearted chuckle.

A deep sound of moving metal reverberated from the large lock. After removing it from the door handle, Wokapu pulled open the heavy stone door, sweeping his arm inside to let the others walk inside first.

The interior was nothing short of amazing and pristine. Hand-carved wooden cabinets, a table somehow carved completely from ice and not melting, dark, smooth, hand-carved chairs with vibrantly-colored cushions, and that’s not even considering the walls – nearly everything was covered. Ledges lined the walls and were occupied by crystal, silver, and marble mini-statues and other works of art. Oil paintings lined the walls, fitting snugly into ornate, golden frames, their vibrant colors matching the colors of the cushions, window drapes, and everything else with color. The color scheme was a cooling mix of cyan-blue and white, making the living room appear heavenly because of the sunlight. Finally, Wokapu himself walked inside and closed the door.

“Friends, welcome to my *snort* humble abode!” Wokapu said sardonically.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Oreius)

Oreius watched as Stannis prostrated himself on the floor of the shrine, weeping. Though he struggled not to show it, he was impatient, and beginning to get irritated.

Their Quest stood upon the edge of a knife, much like the keen edge of the swords that were sheathed across the Ta-Matoran's back (the second having been taken from Antrim's armoury in replacement of the one lost fighting the Ko-Toa). They had eluded their pursuers for a moment, but the Ta-Matoran had no doubt that they would be back soon, thirsting for vengeance. Sooner or later, destiny would call them from the Massif; it was up to them whether or not they chose to leave when their pursuers were still likely to be stuck back in the snowy wastes.

When the Wanderer called, his voice was to be answered. But when Oreius spoke, his concerns were treated like the fears of a child. Did his years in the Guard count for nothing? Was he really just playing second fiddle to Stannis, no matter what movement he happened to be playing at the time?

It seemed so. To Stannis, destiny was the most important thing. His feelings and urges always came first; they might be the voice of the Prophecy, nudging him forward. This conflicted with Oreius' sense of duty: it was their responsibility to complete this journey to the end, no matter how they felt. They didn't have time for soul-searching or introspection; Oreius was proof enough of that. Karz, there were hundreds of things that confused him and bothered him and would have kept him awake at night had he not locked them away for another time. You learned how to do that in the Guard. If you didn't, you got hurt, or got others hurt, because you couldn't focus on the task at hand.

This was one of those times where duty needed to come first. Unity and destiny meant jack diddly if you sat on your rear all day and waited for both to come to you. Stannis wasn't one of those guys, not by a long shot: he was able to take action when it was needed, which Oreius appreciated. But, at the same time, even his wandering required movement.

Destiny and prophecy had always been difficult concepts for Oreius, but he understood them better now than he had. The adventures of the last few days had taught him more than he could comprehend. Still, he viewed destiny through the lens of a man who had always been taught that taking hold of one's own responsibility was the most important thing of all. He had taken a step forward, but there was still a long way to go.

Still, that could be said of any of them. Stannis had just said as much himself: he wasn't perfect. It was up to them to grow and learn to overcome their flaws; that was what would make them worthy of the gift and the burden Mata Nui had seen fit to give them. And they could learn from each other: Stannis had taught Oreius much, now perhaps it was the Ta-Matoran's turn to counsel his leader and his friend.

“Then get up, Stannis.”

Oreius's voice sounded louder than he had expected in the stillness of the shrine, the only other noise being the Pa-Matoran's quiet sobs. Still, he pushed on.

“Get up, and lead. Try again. Our quest isn't over, and we're not dead yet, which means destiny still has a hand on us, which means we've still got a duty, and we still have time to unite, and get it done.”

The Ta-Matoran paused, then continued, more softly this time. “I don't care how many times you fall; I told you I would follow you to Karzahni and back, and I meant it. “

Ic: "Yes, lead, but how?" Stannis asked in reply to Oreius. "How can I lead when the way I have learned to use all this while is not what is best? I-I do not know... the way..."

"What is the essence of leadership?" Antrim asked of his pupil.

"Leadership dwells in the ability to set an example," Stannis recited in return, slow and methodical. "If a leader does, it inspires others to do in turn."

"And?"

But there was no reply from the prophet for a long while. Finally, he said, "That is all I know."

"That is half of the essence," Antrim said. "The example is what inspires others, but you cannot make an army fall in lockstep by walking yourself." His voice was again fatherly and caring but still holding the sharpness of a teacher. "To lead you must be able to recognize others for who they are. Inspiring others is one thing, commanding them is another, but it is through those two things that people are bound under a banner. You have to raise your banner now and understand those you lead.

"To be a leader you must know who you serve and do what is needed. Use your heart, Stannis. You have gotten this far already. You were not wrong, you only did not solve all the puzzle. What is your prize?"

"To bring unity to my team," Stannis said, tears still streaming down his mask.

"Then keep your eyes on it. What is your mission?"

"To defeat the Makuta with the team."

"Then manage for it. You already walk like you talk. Now do the rest and success will be yours."

"You urge me to understand others. Would you have me reconcile even with those who are fundamentally different?"

"Change does not happen because you make it happen, it occurs over much time and self-thought. Look at yourself, Stannis, you have become a better man than I could have made you. You learned your own tricks. You must show tolerance even for those who disagree with you. Accept them... just as how I accepted you when you professed to have a different view of destiny."

Stannis opened his mouth to speak but could not say anything and merely closed his mouth. His eyes remained glued on the effigy of Unity lying by the other Virtues. Antrim stepped forward and collected it then fastened a string to the bone carving and gave it to his matoran. "Wear it as a reminder of who you are to be. Bear it as a token of the lessons you have learned, and take the lessons to heart wherever you may go."

"Thank you, my lord," Stannis said as he got up to receive the gift and allowed his leader to put it around his neck. "I will treasure it."

Antrim stood in front of the others and said to the group, "You will be traveling much, I think, and your next goal is far from here. Outside this monastery are three Kahu to carry you wherever you may need to go. May God be with you, and may Destiny continue to favor you."

Stannis bowed as did the others in reverence and appreciation. As the others filed out the way they came, Stannis lingered. "My spears?" he asked.

Antrim smiled. "I thought you wouldn't ask. On your bird are two pikes made from the heartwood of an ironwood tree. They will not fail you in your endeavors."

"Thank you... for everything," he said under his breath in gratefulness. Antrim only smiled and turned away to step to the shrine, leaving Stannis to his quest.

When Stannis exited the building he found the birds saddled and ready to go. As promised, there was one bird with a letter on its seat: "For Stannis." The twin pikes were on the bird and Stannis took a moment to smell them and feel the sift but dense material before slipping them back in their places and mounting the hawk.

The others already were mounted and waiting their leader. Oreius turned to him and asked, "Do you know where we are going?"

"No..." Stannis said, "not exactly. But Destiny does." He paused a moment and then said, "Follow me."

The flew away, leaving the chapel, the mount and the village and its protector behind on their journey to recover the last outstanding Essence Stone.

Ooc: Oreius, Korero and Stannis to Po-Wahi.

IC: Darien - Wokapu's Home -

Darien took a moment to take in his new surroundings. The interior was indeed something to behold, it wasn't too unlike what Darien had been used to living in when he had still been a Prince. He was impressed with it overall.

It was very homely indeed, and much warmer than outside. As a Toa of Plantlife, he didn't particularly tolerate the cold very well, especially in his current getup, which was designed for hot dry deserts.

"Very impressive..." He finally said as he continued to look around, it was a very refreshing view compared to the endless white outside.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ic: Brykon had been in Ko-Koro for the prior night and scouted about for the day. Unlike most of the other members of Bad Company the colonel went directly to his goal's city. No time could be wasted. His black armor and tattooed tissue was far too stark for his liking in the blue and white village, and he had spent some of his vast accumulated wealth for the purchase of a white greatcoat, both to blend in and to feel comfortable in the frigid climes.

For part of the day he was bundled up in his coat at a street corner with a cup, asking for alms while in the guise of a traveling toa-hero in need of purpose. The village had rejected his plea, however. None in the austere village would give him money, which was fine for him. It gave him a chance to feel the villagers out and observe the routines and type of people who inhabited the town. What he saw was adequate.

Not too far from him was a sad looking toa with golden armor and a coat of white with frosty fur at the neck. She looked carefully at Brykon while he was turned but averted her gaze when his eyes wafted to her. Brykon's eyes narrowed and he arose and slipped the empty cup in his pocket before approaching the woman. She quickly arose from her seat and started to walk away, but Brykon stopped her. "Hello there."

"Hi," was all she said, pausing midstep and turning to face the other toa. She seemed pretty, but there was something odd about her. She, too, saw an oddness in Brykon, though it was in part due to her caution.

"You're not from here, are you?" Brykon asked.

"No," she replied. "But neither are you. Why are you here?"

"Just passing through," he replied. He wasn't lying about that. "I'm Brykon."

"Visenya. I should go now."

"Visenya, that's a nice name," Brykon said. "It will do you well to stay inside tonight.""Why?" she asked, eyes wide.

"There's a storm coming and Ko-Koro will be in the middle of it. You're too pretty to be left in the open."

The golden-armored toa walked away hurriedly, eager to leave this Brykon behind. She didn't think much of his warning, but she soon would.

Brykon was later on thinking about his plan in a hidden alcove on the upper levels of the village when the Turaga arrived. Nuju was trying to appear as stoic and noble as possible, but the unexpected presence of a slug on his back was both revolting and disgusting for even Brykon, and his guards seemed to try their best to turn a blind eye to it. Nuju strode in with broad daylight, three toa by his side and Matoro walking in front of him, talking with the elder.

Turaga Nuju, the guardian of secrets and a staunch reminder of the Three Virtues. Despite the Parakuka to soften his feelings, Brykon felt the slight pangs on guilt about his assignment. Sentencing an island city to its doom was enough to send the colonel in a suicidal fit, sweetened only by the fact that he had been blackmailed to kill his boss. Now, however, he was about to plunge the entire island of Mata Nui in a blind age of darkness without its luminaries and high priests. This, he knew, was an nonredeemable crime, a sin of magnificent proportions.

Brykon may have been an employee to Aurelia and the Peers, but like many people of the land he had his own agenda, and he was not a simple puppet for the electress and her powerful friends. He was not just a glove to be worn and punched with, he was an agent. Although none would believe him after he committed this act, he was a good guy in this plot.

He wondered when he would have to confess this fact, or when he would find the need to reveal himself to Aurelia. Whenever it was, however... it wasn't that day.

Nuju disappeared into the Sanctum. There was no fanfare, no fireworks. Unlike Ga-Koro's raving party for Nokama, this Turaga's return was an almost private affair with not even an applause from the villagers. It was almost eerie, spooky even, but Brykon appreciated the silence. Only the distinct hum of a hapka shepherd's horn could be heard buzzing through the glacial rift.

In an hour, Brykon would strike, swift and powerful. And when he did, Ko-Koro would never know what hit it. Brykon meditated, gathering his elemental forces for the fight to come.

IC (Echelon)

Echelon led Vidar and Utu through another door and into his laboratory. It was a fairly spacious room, built like the others in the Necromancer's underground complex but with rather more...'furniture'. A few tables lined the walls, bearing all manner of items. Things floated in jars and tanks, vats bubbled, crystals glowed.

In the middle of the room lay two large slabs of metal, raised to roughly waist-height and shaped like elongated hexagons, about twice as long as they were wide. Nearby lay racks of surgical instruments - needles, scalpels, syringes...

Echelon gestured for Utu and Vidar to lie down on the operating slabs as he went to one of the tables along the walls and began to mix up a concoction.

So we had an understanding. Of course it was good, but the mercy kill frustrated Alrin. It seemed remarkably coincidental that his friend who know about these shadows, these ghosts was lying dead in the snow near the stadium.

You should have kept him alive Kai, any more information would have been a great help.

I knew that what I just wrote sounded like as cold as the frozen tundra of Ko-Wahi but if his friend had that valuable information and he killed him for the sake of mercy. Well he was behaving like a fool, if he really wanted to stop these people then a few more minutes of pain for his friend would have been worth the extra information.

I don't care if you view this as some quest of redemption, you won't find absolution for what you did. I wouldn't tell you to kill any "allies" we come across, that sounds counterproductive given that I know we will have so few friends to call upon when this starts out.

Well it's as simple as switching the tags on your body bag with another. Two days ago we had to open fire on a rogue Toa with roughly your same profile. I'll switch his tags with yours and dump his body into the furnace. Then I'll get you out of the body bag and we head to Le-Koro, since that is where Xa-Koro apparently attacked first.

IC:Kohra was silent for a moment, taking in the information Ronkshou offered and processing it. The master had left her in the dark thus far as to what these Matoran had done, so for a change, this was truly news to the Vortixx. But considering the state she had found Ronkshou and Vidar in, they could indeed use the help.However, she wondered about their quarry. If they had found these Matoran before, then how come only three of them were known. She was about to ask Ronkshou, but as Makuta had witnessed the events that had happened in the remote village through the dark Toa's infected mask, he now flooded her mind with snapshots of them, answering her question faster than words."You mentioned three of the Matoran by their tribe, but not the other three. If the six were separated into two groups, should we do the same?" she finally asked. "There is a lot of ground to cover."

-----------------------------------------

Several miles away, Agni struggled to regain his balance, after he took a step forward in the snowy drifts, only for his foot to disappear all the way up to the knee. They had traveled for the better part of the afternoon now; and after a few hours, had made it to the foot of the glacier and up to the top of it, which was a natural border, marking the western end of the Ko-Koro territory.

The others in the group thought they could hear the veteran Toa of fire curse, but if he did, it was almost inaduible under his breath. The thought crossed his mind to just scout ahead, using his Kualsi. But just as Joske had learned that speeding ahead with a Kakama was not the best thing to do, teleporting now would only serve to split up the group and considering the nature of their quest, that was not a good thing to do. Melting was out too. In this climate, they needed to conserve as much of their energy as they could. And while he did not show it, Agni could feel said climate down to his core.

So they continued forcing their way through the snow, trying to move as fast as the powdery cold substance permitted, orienting themselves by following the red flags planted by Ko-Matoran scouts along the way. It was the best way to mark anything in an area where well-trodden paths could be snowed into completely obscurity in a single night. Agni turned to Joske who was walking behind him.

"You okay?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC:

OOC: My entire character roster is in this region. Oh joy.

Bwaahahahahaaaaaa...

Anyway, Emzee, I'm not sure how you want to play this, but we're here now ;)

Joske from Le-Wahi

IC

[Path to Ko-Koro; nightfall]

"You okay?"

"D-d-did I m-mention h-how much I-I-I hate the c-c-c-cold?"

The sun had set, causing the night to fall rather rapidly, and with it the temperature - not that it had been warm to start with. On top of that the path, while marked, apparently hadn't been cleared for days, it had begun snowing yet again, and of course the wind picked up. Why anyone with half a mind would live up here, let alone call it home were madmen and lunatics. Yet somehow there was a whole village buried away in the snow.

I truly hated this place. With a passion.

With a burst of heat I burned through another significant portion of my elemental power in an effort to keep myself, and to an extent the party, warm. This was possibly the only saving grace of this group; with four Ta-Toa we were able to break up warming duties between us without completely tapping our elemental reserves. Granted, I probably used more than I should, but I hated cold. Really, really hated cold.

"I h-hate this- "

"We know. W-we got the message two hundred c-c-complaints ago. We m-must however k-k-keep moving." Agni remained stoic as ever, and even though he was clearly as miserable as I was he didn't say anything of the sort. Being a good soldier I suppose?

"I-I-It d-doesn't c-c-change the f-f-fact." I grumbled, crossing my arms as I struggled through another knee-deep snowbank. Something flashed before my eyes, and after crossing them I made a disturbing discovery: icicles were forming on my mask. From my breath.

"I hate Ko-Wahi."

"My h-he likes to w-w-whine." Tuara commented dryly, not even looking at us, just down the path. With a frozen smile she turned to Agni, "I-I'm sorry you h-had t-to t-t-train him."

"I-I know." came the mumbled reply. I could recognize the good nature of the exchange, but in my current condition the comments rubbed me the wrong way. I was ready to jump in due to my temperament, but as usual Cael interjected at precisely the right time.

"There." she said through the wind, pointing a trembling hand

In the dark and white, swirling wind a shape appeared before us: a massive face, nestled between even two larger glaciers. It was the gate of Ko-Koro. With a renewed burst of energy we forced our way through the deepening snow, and after a few long minutes we staggered before it... and the four silent matoran who stood watch.

The Ko-Korian Sanctum Guard.

The Ta-Koro Guard counterpart, a fast ally, if not more quiet. Actually, a lot more quiet. They were not known for their conversation, but they made excellent warriors for their die-hard commitment to their duties. You had to be if you lived up here. I half expected some sort halt command, followed by the traditional identification exchange, but none came. Instead, two broke ranks to come over and help us inside, still not a word spoke. I guess seeing four half-frozen, stumbling Ta-Toa and one similar Ga-Toa was enough to convince them we came in peace. And in search of warmth. And food.

Yes, despite the current situation I was starving. When was the last time I ate?

They helped us inside, the wind cutting short as we passed under the stone gate, the howling wind suddenly behind us instead of around us. After a few moments we found ourselves in an oasis, the sheltered bowl that Ko-Koro was built in. Agni turned to thank them, but instead of a reply he got a nod and a slight bow, our two escorts silently returning outside to the gate, to resume their posts.

Yes, welcome to Ko-Koro, the matoran here know for their warm reception of guests.

"I-I guess we should find a room to b-bunk for t-t-the night?" I asked quietly.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:Kai ~Ko-Koro Prison~

Look, he was dying, and I was a wanted criminal, there was no way to allow him to live, and he claimed to know nothing more than the information I have already told you, so get off your high horse, I'm not an idiot. Also, he could barely speak by the time I got to him, so it's a moot point.

Of course you won't tell me to kill any allies. Especially if they're also unknowingly telling their best friend(and by best friend I mean our enemies posing as their best friend[or they actually could be our ally's friend, we don't know.])everything about how I'm still alive, how we're on to them, and exactly where we're heading next.

So you don't think anybody will notice that it's a Toa's burnt body instead of a Vortixx's? I knew the average Ko-Koro-ian(? Is that how I spell it?) was thick headed, but this takes it to new levels.

IC:

Agni nodded quietly, his arms wrapped around his chest and his hands formly planted in his armpits, to conserve as much heat as possible. "I-I know a place." he said, leaning his head to the right, indicating the direction. They continued to walk further on into the village and towards a larger building among the huts of the Ko-Matoran. It looked rather pricey. Joske quickened his pace, catching up to Agni.

"Have you thought about widgets? I'm not selling any of my Kolhii cups to pay for an overpriced bed." the Toa said, though Agni could tell he was only half serious. Right now, any warm room would do. Even a pile of hay in a corner of a basement was preferable to the cold right now. But Agni knew they could do better.

"Don't worry. I know the landlord of the place. He's an empathic man. I hear he sheltered many who lost their homes in the last attack on the village and the avalanches."

A minute later, they stood in front of the wooden entrance-door, shivering and unfortunately, wet too, as the fire-Toa's natural body-heat melted the icicles clinging to them, now that they weren't as exposed to the cold wind anymore. Agni raised his hand and knocked on the door with the bottom of his fist three times. There was mumuring behind the door, then shuffling off feet and then the door was opened, showing a middle-aged Ko-Matoran with an apron and kind eyes in the doorway, framed by warm light from behind. The smell of polished wood, good food and a hint of fine whiskey drifted out of the establishment.

"Rhanus." Agni greeted the Matoran, who frowned at first, then his expression brightened in recognition. "Agni! Come in, come in! What brings you here?"

"The bitter wind, a quest of some importance and your excellent menu." Agni replied. "We could also use a room for the night, something simple will do."

Rhanus nodded. "I think I have just the room for you. I'll have it prepared, why don't you and your friends come in, get comfortable and I will be back in a minute."

The Matoran turned around and walked inside, Agni and company following. Inside was everything Joske could have hoped for. Furry carpets covered the floor near the seats and there were several circular tables with open fires in the center under metallic cones, directing the smoke up to chimneys spread throughout the room. Each was surrounded by rather comfortable chairs with small tables next to them for food. Even Agni couldn't help but be impressed. Rhanus had upgraded the place since he had last been here. And there were quite a few patrons still here at this late hour, at the bar or spread around the seating groups, quietly conversing among themselves, a stark contrast to the normally silent Ko-Koro. Perhaps that was one reason why the business was so successful.

Agni nodded at a nearby empty group of chairs near a fire, looking at Joske. "Shall we?" he asked.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png