Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Ironically, just as I gain a ton of free time everyone is busy. Great.And Jotham is once again open for interaction after a brief chat with one of Mef's characters served only to increase his dislike of the lack of hospitality that's been present in every Ko-Koronan he's met.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Ironically, just as I gain a ton of free time everyone is busy. Great.And Jotham is once again open for interaction after a brief chat with one of Mef's characters served only to increase his dislike of the lack of hospitality that's been present in every Ko-Koronan he's met. :t: :b: :3:

That happens to me too, unfortunately. :( And every time I'm at school, stuff happens! It makes me very annoyed. <_<

Ironically, just as I gain a ton of free time everyone is busy. Great.And Jotham is once again open for interaction after a brief chat with one of Mef's characters served only to increase his dislike of the lack of hospitality that's been present in every Ko-Koronan he's met. :t: :b: :3:

Well, I said until Naara shows up and Naara showed up. You were warned. :P The two can interact again after they're finished.-Mef

Ya, enough of the multi-quoting..it's unnecessary and UGLY.And let's drop the 'Ghosthands is leaving oh no!' thing. It's his business, so leave it be. And on top of that most of what you guys are saying is spam...Anywho, to everyone involved with the school. (people with teachers at characters mostly.) When are we suppose to have this teacher meeting thing? Isn't everyone who's suppose to be there present?

Snelly, I love you for this.This proves that you guys actually do have some mature members! Hooray! And since He-who-must-not-be-named hasn't been raising the Bohrok, I guess that this all means you don't need the staff or need me to keep y'all in line or help out. I might as well leave this game for reals! :D Oh the places I will go...

Anywho, to everyone involved with the school. (people with teachers at characters mostly.) When are we suppose to have this teacher meeting thing? Isn't everyone who's suppose to be there present?

Unfortunately now Naara and Amalod are unavailable due to having gone off training, so we have to wait on them. To add to that, GH's char, Krohlen is a teacher, who arguably took the biggest role in the building/founding of the school, and well yeah... I don't think I need to explain that more.

I might as well leave this game for reals! :D Oh the places I will go...

Don't go yet, Salvinn would be stuck in Xa-Koro, and you have a plot you need to finish, and then there's Epoch.Also could someone give me an update on the Daedra's status, I merely curious. I know that Greed is in Le-Wahi doing something, Sloth is in Ga-Wahi also doing something, Pride and Envy have begun walking out of Kini-Nui, and well that's all I know, oh and Lust is apparently exists, but her status or who she is remains currently unknown.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Anywho, to everyone involved with the school. (people with teachers at characters mostly.) When are we suppose to have this teacher meeting thing? Isn't everyone who's suppose to be there present?

Unfortunately now Naara and Amalod are unavailable due to having gone off training, so we have to wait on them. To add to that, GH's char, Krohlen is a teacher, who arguably took the biggest role in the building/founding of the school, and well yeah... I don't think I need to explain that more.
Without GH, we may have to make more stuff up as we go along, but by no means are we in the dark. I think we all can be testament to my ability to conjure up something complex in a short amount of time and make purpose for everything, so I would have no problem making and moderating such a meeting. Time shouldn't be a restraint so long as it's scheduled. I know, I know, go complain to my secretary. (I have one, lol.)

I might as well leave this game for reals! :biggrin: Oh the places I will go...

Don't go yet, Salvinn would be stuck in Xa-Koro, and you have a plot you need to finish, and then there's Epoch.Also could someone give me an update on the Daedra's status, I merely curious. I know that Greed is in Le-Wahi doing something, Sloth is in Ga-Wahi also doing something, Pride and Envy have begun walking out of Kini-Nui, and well that's all I know, oh and Lust is apparently exists, but her status or who she is remains currently unknown.
Ohhh, right. Whoops. Guess I can't leave after all, folks! As for Lust, yeah, she exists and is in the game RIGHT NOW. She just doesn't know it yet. Teehee.

Without GH, we may have to make more stuff up as we go along, but by no means are we in the dark. I think we all can be testament to my ability to conjure up something complex in a short amount of time and make purpose for everything, so I would have no problem making and moderating such a meeting. Time shouldn't be a restraint so long as it's scheduled. I know, I know, go complain to my secretary. (I have one, lol.)

It's not that I don't doubt your ability to make such a meeting(for that matter I've already figured out how to do so), it's just that I really don't want to leave anyone, especially GH, out.Plus it would be really out of character for Krohlen not to take part.So far now I suggest we wait just a little longer.

Ohhh, right. Whoops. Guess I can't leave after all, folks! As for Lust, yeah, she exists and is in the game RIGHT NOW. She just doesn't know it yet. Teehee.

Which is what I meant to say, so I take it she will turn into a Valkyrie, if so I think I know who she is.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Well guys, Skyra is officially on vacation from finding the chronicler's company. Why? Because I'm tired of wasting my time with the quest without the quest maker present, honestly, it's just not any fun without Tuck and/or Emzee around to guide us, so I'm just gonna sit back and wait, I've got plenty of other stuff to do now in the rpg anyway. :) I could wait forever, doesn't matter to me how long. That being said, since I'm kinda bored right now, and the news and discussion is getting kinda dry, I'm gonna do a psychological analysis, right now, on our good old buddy, Makuta.From what we've seen so far, I'd say Makuta is....bored. Why do I say that? Well, let's think about this, he has the power to wipe the floor with us anytime he wants, how he wants, and with whatever he wants. But has he? Nope. Why not? Because quite frankly that doesn't interest him, he seems perfectly content to watch the islanders scurry around like little ants, fighting, killing, helping each other, whatever, it's like a massive soap opera to him. Of course, here and there he intervenes to change the outcome of certain situations, but it's all according to his plan, or web of plans. I'm pretty sure he has so many plans he'd never run out. Think about it, the current situation with finding all the clues from the chronicler's company. Do you think he really cares whether or not the 'good guys' succeed? Not really. He doesn't even care if his servant's fail completely, either way, it's a win-win for him. Why? Cause the way he crafts his plans is so no matter what the outcome, it works out in his favor, all he has to do is sit back and watch, and when the time comes when and if he has to intervene, he will.It's both incredibly simple and genius at the same time, he is after all the chest-master, puppeteer, ice cream man, whatever...So, if that doesn't make your character's feel small and insignificant, I don't know what will. Your welcome.... :P

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

That was brilliant, Snelly. I might also add that he is insane and most certainly not nyctophobic. And yes, it makes my characters feel insignificant.

Well ya, but that was just a given, Makuta's a cross between Frieza from Dragon Ball Z and Professor Moriarty from Sherlock Homes. Both quite insane, and bored villains. Makuta's got Frieza's incredible power, and the mind of Moriarty. Ya, were doomed. :o

That theory fits the current situation really well, and it will be interesting to see it in action as things unfold.And I guess he put on that show at Janheim (or whatever it was called) just to relieve the monotony? I imagine such a spectacular show of destruction would lessen his boredom for a while.

ppg2.png

Good grief, Hubert, what is your timezone? It seems whenever I or Mef is on, you aren't! If it is your timezone, you can't really do anything about it though.On relevence to the bored Makuta conversation, If I was in Makuta's place (which would be a bad thing) I would send my minions to die, randomly destroy a village, of fiddle with people's quests, just to ruin my own plans to an extent. But that's just me, and if it was my, mostly everyone would be dead.My opinion about Makuta though? I think it's a phase, less newcomers have been arriving than before, and in some places the action is speeding up (where in others it's moving as slow as maple syrup) and it may reach a point where he might actually be threantend by the newcomers.I wouldn't count on the ILS to do much, Madhrik is helping him in a way, gathering the most courageous and powerful of his foes in one location. The closer the members of the chronicler's company get to each other, the more risky it gets and his agents could easily find such large numbers. Also, if someone, say, brought a majority of the "evil" characters together, it wouldn't be hard to take over the Islets, or overrun a village.Thought for this though; Every newcomer is a piece in this game Makuta has not immediately included, or are they?

While a genius explanation to explain the absence of the staff, it doesn't fit the whole "Terror Campaign" psychological standpoint.Makuta uses fear to keep the populace in line, similar to how many tyrannical dictators keep power. The most basic and effective is a show of force. Usually marching troops around or razing villages and the like. A lazy Makuta your theorizing wouldn't bother to react to anything short of his plans being truly threatened and if he has layered them so he always wins, there wouldn't be a need to ever react at all.That would make him non-existent. He just sit around waiting for a bunch of Toa to descend into the Mangaia to try their luck at actually threatening his existence. To me this is another plot error. Both the inhabitants and Makuta are wide open for an attack from ether side and for some reason nether one is budging.It's understandable why the Matoran aren't budging. If Makuta really is this unkillable force, they need his Achilles Heel. From the canon story it's ether the right person or overwhelming force. We've got the latter so why are we waiting?As for Makuta, well he's not budging because... well he's got the numbers for a clean sweep. Why hasn't he made a move yet? There's no 'real threat' since apparently you all believe he doesn't feel threatened. The only reason I can't seen him making a move yet is because the Matoran will resist. He hasn't broken their will yet and he can only do that through pressure and fear. If he's being lazy he's not doing ether.To be honest. I don't feel threatened ether. I keep hearing promises of character death from the staff and the closest any of my characters have come was minor injuries from friendly fire incidents. Some band aids and time away from action and they'll be fit again. I'm not really feeling the 'Fear' here and I'm getting the sense that Makuta is rapidly becoming nothing more then a bad tale. So ether the Toa Mata have succeeded becoming martyrs in the process and we've spend the last 100 years doing clean up work or this game is really broken.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

*pardon my joke*The game is broken. To restart, press select, start, R1, R2, R3, L1, L2, L3 and do a handstand at the same time. The game will then restart and then Makuta plot line will have been fixed. Credit to Auron (not AuRon) for finding this secret script and re-implementing it into the game. However, all your files will have been deleted and you will have to start the game over from that annoying intro cut scene that you can never skip.

To be honest. I don't feel threatened ether. I keep hearing promises of character death from the staff and the closest any of my characters have come was minor injuries from friendly fire incidents. Some band aids and time away from action and they'll be fit again. I'm not really feeling the 'Fear' here and I'm getting the sense that Makuta is rapidly becoming nothing more then a bad tale. So ether the Toa Mata have succeeded becoming martyrs in the process and we've spend the last 100 years doing clean up work or this game is really broken.

I assume the reason your characters aren't dying is the fact that the staff plot has been delayed until Tuck returns.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

*pardon my joke*The game is broken. To restart, press select, start, R1, R2, R3, L1, L2, L3 and do a handstand at the same time. The game will then restart and then Makuta plot line will have been fixed. Credit to Auron (not AuRon) for finding this secret script and re-implementing it into the game. However, all your files will have been deleted and you will have to start the game over from that annoying intro cut scene that you can never skip.

Darn, stupid thing didn't work.As said above, if he did, there wouldn't be a RPG to play in.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

It's understandable why the Matoran aren't budging. If Makuta really is this unkillable force, they need his Achilles Heel. From the canon story it's ether the right person or overwhelming force. We've got the latter so why are we waiting?

Possibly because we actually don't have the latter...?Also, don't forget that, let's see now, where was it...Ah, yes, second post of this very topic:

The location of the entrance to Makuta’s lair is not secret knowledge. However, entering it is a very bad idea. The lair of Makuta is a veritable fortress, guarded by hordes of nasty, more-powerful-than-you-are Rahi, and worse.

That's why.

A lazy Makuta your theorizing wouldn't bother to react to anything short of his plans being truly threatened and if he has layered them so he always wins, there wouldn't be a need to ever react at all.

Unless the success of his layered plans necessitated the involvement of himself or his servants. Hence the "here and there he intervenes to change the outcome of certain situations."I think Snelly is basically trying to say that Makuta is just amused with what everyone's characters are doing. He could obliterate them, but for now he feels like just sitting back and watching the show.:t::b::3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Here is my point:We are all trying to come up with ways to explain the lack of a staff-driven plot. Granted some are creative or amusing to read, but it is what is happening. So, as long as we all understand that, my work here is done.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I assume the reason your characters aren't dying is the fact that the staff plot has been delayed until Tuck returns.

Well there is that but considering I know the location of two surviving members of the company I'm surprised Emzee hasn't seen fit to descend on my head yet as he's already offed Hafu (sort of) and Tamaru, Kapura and Taipu are missing until Tuck gets back, leaving him with the goal of silencing Macku and Kopeke. By now it's known the Raiders know where they are and that makes me the primary target.I crafted the characters to be a threat to Makuta's plans fully prepared for a gauntlet of death and so far I am... underwhelmed. The declaration of increased mortality rate by Tuck is comparable to that really awesome movie trailer and you're really excited about the movie but like the game play I've experience so far...I was much better off saving the 8 bucks I paid for the movie and just watching the trailer online for free again.Consequently, the most challenging fights I've had were the ones I set up for myself. Makes me wonder if I should follow suite and get a refund on this game.We'll see. I'll run the Tarakava Raid first.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Well considering that this game is free....you might not be able to get a refund. :) But if you all remember, this game is suppose to be a sand-box game, make your own adventures stuff. The whole fighting Makuta thing is really just a side quest if you think about it.

Edited by Snelly

Woah...O_oI just realizied I had way too many characters to manage. If you're interested taking a certain Skakdi of Plasma off my hands, PM me.In other news, I just wrote up two new characters, Raion & Kitsune, which will soon appear in Ta-Koro. Anyone interested in interacting with them later?

pNNgXax.jpg

Balta, I hate to prove your very good statements wrong, but there are technically the numbers to fight Makuta, it's just that not everyone can stand to work together, or don't, for various reasons.

Well, technically, if every Matoran on the island was capable of fighting, and all the Toa, Vortixx, Skakdi, and custom species suddenly decided to postpone their individual goals, resolve their differences, and team up, then yes, I suppose we'd technically have the numbers to take on Makuta. Obviously, though, that could never happen. Kalama made it sound like we had the numbers already and we could storm Kini-Nui at the drop of a hat.

Q2TtLEz.png

But Snelly I said I had created a plot to pull us out of this status of stasis, but no you had to go and refuse to join.Bad Snelly, J/K.Anyway for the school meeting, does everyone involved, just want to hold a vote to decide whether or not we should wait for GH, because I understand some of you are getting restless.Also I believe the reason Makuta hasn't attacked was because something the Toa Mata did prevented him from advancing out of Kini-Nui, it was stated in a post Tuck made as Makuta.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

True Onarax. That doesn't mean he can't use his agents, the Rahi, and the Rahkshi as he did during the Quest for the Masks. Also Mask of Light shows us that he doesn't have to leave his lair to put in "appearances" so to speak. While physically he would be incapable of moving, he has shown mental capabilities that allow him to do such things.Thus the question of why he hasn't moved yet is still unanswered. It can't be to take over a giant robot so obviously he's going for a bloodless victory. However that would still require utilizing terror tactics to keep people away from his master plans so as to prevent disruption. Otherwise someone is going to get curious enough to dig through the layers. That's bad as that would throw a monkey wrench in the works. Feints and misleading others is all well and good but such plans are simply to buy more time to allow the true plot to come to fruition.If we do want to use the Sherlock Homes and Professor Moriarty comparison. Most of the time, Homes was able to foil Moriarty's plots. However Homes was never able to link Moriarty to the crime. THAT'S what made him a mastermind. With no evidence to build a case against Moriarty himself, he could never prove his guilt which is why Moriarty was able to walk away free every time.Foils are plots designed to be discovered quickly to send someone in the wrong direction. However it's meant to buy seconds, not years as by the time the foil is found out, it's only seconds before it's discovered as false and the detective is able to back track and find the true path. Foils work best when executed just seconds before your true plan comes to light. If executed too early, chances are high your actual plan will get found out before it's ready and it's thwarted. The direct approach is often how plans actually achieve their end goal. The layers are just to buy time.

Perhaps their's more to it when it comes to his agents.Makuta apparently drew his Rahkshi back in towards him, why?Maybe he's weakening, or maybe a greater threat looms behind even Makuta.However this is all just speculation.Also how do we know this is a foil, perhaps it is an intricate part of Makuta's plan, one which is not merely made to buy time.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Search me. To me honestly recalling the Rahkshi after revealing them is... moronic.The Rahkshi are essentially Bioweapons. The armor is nothing more than extra protection and mobility for the Kraata who at lower levels are compelled to seek out and infect Kanohi. That's their base purpose. Any Kraata at any level that comes in physical contact with a Kanohi will infect it. Levels 1-3 are little more than animals and can't really comprehend orders Makuta gives them. They are simply driven by an instinct to infect Kanohi. They get smarter though as the levels increase. Level 4-6 ARE capable of comprehending and carrying out Makuta's wishes. A Rahkshi is only as smart as the Kraata piloting it. The extra powers given to each Rahkshi via breed is simply an extra protection factor but could also be considered a second bioweapon option.Level 7's obviously are exceptionally intelligent and can infect Kanohi from a distance. However they are incredibly rare.History teaches us we can't really control bioweapons. Once unleashed, the only way to stop it, is to destroy it. So Makuta can't really 'recall' the Rahkshi, especially those piloted by level 1 Kraata. He might be able to nudge them in a direction but stop them?Not even Makuta can do that. They can't understand him and won't obey.Since they're unleashed he may as well use them as extra pressure and fear factors in his campaign of terror.As for foils, understand they're woven into the plot to buy time as layers but a dedicated force constantly working to seriously mess them up won't be stopped by one foil. They'll keep digging and sabotaging until he's down for good.

I agree that it's bad tactics to reveal a secret weapon and then recall it. Except for the fear factor, if Makuta throws his Rahkshi around so carelessly people are going to be left wondering what other weapons does he have in store.Also these Rahkshi may be nothing like the one's we know, for all we know they could all be as intelligent as Toa.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

That IS the fear factor. The Rahkshi themselves are so dangerous it makes people scared of what other nastier surprises he has in store.Level 5-6's ARE as smart as Toa and are capable of reasoning on their own not requiring Makuta to direct them. He gives them an objective and they will fulfill it on their own. Level 6's are the apex of Kraata maturity and power and Rahkshi with them should not be taken lightly.Level 7's are dangerous however. GaliGee if anyone remembers, explored the Rahkshi in her epic MAKUTA ISLAND. Level 7's can talk in that story. I don't see why they can't here as they probably ARE smarter than Toa.This is where I'm basing a lot of my own assumptions from. The epic did survive and it's where I'm getting the Rahkshi names from.