Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Under publicized.My recommendation is to go forth and actually do your namesake. Start liberating.You can do this by simply going out and helping randomly generated Matoran. It's a big island and the Matoran need a lot of help since the Toa Mata vanished. Traders need to be saved from random Rahi. Natural disasters need to be averted. Military forces may need some help ether holding off Rahi and raiders. Criminal hives and Rahi nests need to be cleaned out to make the island safer. Start small with random good deeds.As you go you may find you'll start plotting chain quests and finally, serious antagonists who attempt to thwart you while you also thwart them in large scale battlefields. If you're lucky that antagonist might be another player.Once you're active you'll find the players may come to you.God knows they flocked to me. I split my group in two with one character going off on his own and the next thing I knew I had yet another group following me around.

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Speaking of publicity, I started a campaign in Kini-Nui.Yes, it is based off of/with the names of Transformer characters, but there will be no rip-offs, one-liner references, or reenactments. Just check it out, see if you want to join it.The group is called "Order of Phantoms." Just make a bad guy character and you'll be welcome.Also, the only sure fire way to get interaction is to plagiarize Kalama. You attracts interaction like moths to light.

Edited by The King of No Isles

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Under publicized.My recommendation is to go forth and actually do your namesake. Start liberating.You can do this by simply going out and helping randomly generated Matoran.

Ah, yes, good idea. I started the group with the intention to make all members player characters, and then preferably player characters who were not mine (:P); to both make the group more powerful, and to avoid feeling cheap by building an army out of characters controlled by me. I guess I've gotten a bit caught up in active recruiting and building "territory". I should possibly make a board in the middle of town where I and others can post "quests" for the ILS to undertake; whether those involve NPCs or not.

Well, I guess I do. Mef was interacting with him, then his char found a guy on the beach.>=D I'll be waiting.

Edited by The King of No Isles

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ok I am still behind, What are the Mystix exactly? The news section claims that they are Man Bats (not Batman, he has no powers) and that they were defeated by the Le-Koro guard, but I haven't found any other information. Are they part of the main plot or are they a side adventure?

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Ok I am still behind, What are the Mystix exactly? The news section claims that they are Man Bats (not Batman, he has no powers) and that they were defeated by the Le-Koro guard gukko force, but I haven't found any other information. Are they part of the main plot or are they a side adventure?

corrected.the mystix are a custom species approved by emzee created by vorex: paradox eater (formery known as pirok the va-matoran) and are not related to the staff plot at all.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yeah, Pirok has grand dreams of conquering Mata Nui with the Mystix. He tried to attack Le-Koro with five Mystix and they got utterly owned. He claims that that was his plan all along, but interest in the Mystix has kind of died down after that. That's what it seems like to me, anyway.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Yeah, Pirok has grand dreams of conquering Mata Nui with the Mystix. He tried to attack Le-Koro with five Mystix and they got utterly owned. He claims that that was his plan all along, but interest in the Mystix has kind of died down after that. That's what it seems like to me, anyway. :t: :b: :3:

That pretty much sums it all up. It's an example of the "New Thing" syndrome, like the Mark Bearers:

It's the "New Thing" wave. It's similar to "Oh Look, A Plotline!" Syndrome.Understand this is the faulty part of sandbox gaming. A sudden lack of content (IE: Staff Plot comes to a standstill) creates a vacuum in which players with nothing to do are suddenly left grasping for said content.Enter in player created content. (IE: Mark Bearers)This content fills the vacuum. Since a majority of the players are more looking for things to do instead of creating things which are left to the minority that actually develops this stuff, everybody want to try out the new toy.Result: Large Influx of Mark Bearers.However character creation can only go so far so eventually it will die down and people will be looking for the next thing to try once again creating a vacuum that only content can fill.Understand however that this new content needs to be introduced properly. The Mark Bearers were introduced as mysterious creations that nobody really knows too much about, it's creator in this case has withheld the correct information that needs to be introduced later in a storyline quest content. That's why they're so popular, it has the potential for long term content.That and they didn't get their rears curb stomped like the Mysitx did and got more publicity than both the Merfolk and the Akrainid going on. All three compared to the Mark Bearers have no interesting quest plot lines to discover more, hence the sudden increase in popularity for the MB.Kudos for Microsnipe for a superb execution of content release. Though I am unsure you realized what you were doing at the time.

Mark-bearers are what you make of them. They lack the plotline (yet) so it's obviously just an interesting story element with a large chance of being something greater.If it was some "great influx" caused by "superb execution" I think that there'd be more than six players who had one.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Jl1223 X made the last postIC: Argentum Argentum: Your sister is similar to all other females.........A bit dumb, annoying, and always have horrible logic.

Is it just me, or is that the most sexist thing on the BZPRPG?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Jl1223 X made the last postIC: Argentum Argentum: Your sister is similar to all other females.........A bit dumb, annoying, and always have horrible logic.

I think it is. Of course, that's just a char's view... Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Mata-Nui Daily

• [*]Onu-Koronans Beware! A number of strange murders have taken place in Onu-Koro, three out of four times with bodies being found on the doorstep of Thedar Chronn.[*]Search Party: Enya, a female Toa of Fire, has disappeared from her hut in Ta-Koro.[*]Terror in Onu Koro: An unknown person has hurled an explosive into a crowded Onu-Koro bazaar. At least two deaths and multiple injuries have been reported.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I think it is. Of course, that's just a char's view...
That was so surprising, I laughed through my horror.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Mata-Nui Daily

• [*]Onu-Koronans Beware! A number of strange murders have taken place in Onu-Koro, three out of four times with bodies being found on the doorstep of Thedar Chronn.[*]Search Party: Enya, a female Toa of Fire, has disappeared from her hut in Ta-Koro.[*]Terror in Onu Koro: An unknown person has hurled an explosive into a crowded Onu-Koro bazaar. At least two deaths and multiple injuries have been reported.

lol, I cant believe i missed this!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I think it is. Of course, that's just a char's view...
That was so surprising, I laughed through my horror.
And that fact that it my characters that are being interacted with. :PArgentum is lucky that he still has a face. Velan was standing right next to him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Mata-Nui Daily

Two out of three have something to do with me. Look out guys, I'm back in the news! XDBut, yes. Now you see Reichenbach's power. Two different news articles devoted to him. Not that anyone knows this. :evilgrin:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Mata-Nui Daily

Two out of three have something to do with me. Look out guys, I'm back in the news! XDBut, yes. Now you see Reichenbach's power. Two different news articles devoted to him. Not that anyone knows this. :evilgrin:
We do now. :P

Mata-Nui Daily

We do now. :P
Correction: Not that anyone knows this IC. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I just realized that half of my characters have mental issues. I wonder what that says about myself.... XDAnyway, now that Wraith has his body back and is making his triumphant return to Ko-Wahi, I find myself at a loss at what to do with him, any ideas?

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar