Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Great, my first character is about to die, and there's nothing I can logically do to stop it... unless someone else helps... *looks over at the rest of the MB group* Help this guy, would you?!

Have Kinvex scream, then I can work out a way to save him.
When in doubt, call the cavalry.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Logically, there's nothing that you can do to stop him. :/I can't really agree with that. KNI pretty much autokilled Kinvex and there's no way to get away from it.-Teezy

Yeah, pretty much.... it's kind of annoying. <_<

Great, my first character is about to die, and there's nothing I can logically do to stop it... unless someone else helps... *looks over at the rest of the MB group* Help this guy, would you?!

Have Kinvex scream, then I can work out a way to save him.
Can't really do that- since if I post as Kinvex. he's going to die, according to KNI (he said that the knife would kill Kinvex instantly). :(

Can't really do that- since if I post as Kinvex. he's going to die, according to KNI (he said that the knife would kill Kinvex instantly). :(

In this post one post doesn't equate to instantly. Kinvex can still scream.EDIT: As another option I could just post and say Salvinn heard Kinvex scream. Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

NO. NO. NO.This was supposed to be a one on one battle between Angelus and Utu. I have no clue how it spiraled into this, but it needs to stop. This is how we were going to separate the non-MBs from the MBs in the group that went to arrest Dorian, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys just stopped heading for the clearing.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

NO. NO. NO.This was supposed to be a one on one battle between Angelus and Utu. I have no clue how it spiraled into this, but it needs to stop. This is how we were going to separate the non-MBs from the MBs in the group that went to arrest Dorian, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys just stopped heading for the clearing.-Teezy

^this...If your characters aren't even aware of the group, then having them accidentally find them is kinda lame... -_- Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

@at the current situation at hand, man that's rude.Also, Onarax, I decided to give you two cookies. You can only have one, so take your pick:Cookie 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookieCookie 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie

I'll take cookie two.

Sorry man, but Salvinn v.s. Utu has been in the works for a while now. Finally two opposite MBs meet up, plus Salvinn and Utu's Marks are apparently more different.

^this...If your characters aren't even aware of the group, then having them accidentally find them is kinda lame... -_-

It's not accidental, Salvinn hears a scream, plus he's the MB of hope. Y'know the Vortixx with the bow in Tank's vision.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Angelus, Tuara, and Kinvex are stuck with the Mark Bearer group. I've been planning this battle for weeks as a mean to free those characters up.To have you barge in there and take on Angelus's opponent just because your Mark is the opposite of Utu's is...irritating, to say the least.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Angelus, Tuara, and Kinvex are stuck with the Mark Bearer group. I've been planning this battle for weeks as a mean to free those characters up.To have you barge in there and take on Angelus's opponent just because your Mark is the opposite of Utu's is...irritating, to say the least.-Teezy

Check the posts Salvinn took on Yuru not Utu, Angelus still has an opponent.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I haven't posted in the RPG since before the nixing of Xa-Kuta, so my chars are re-starting. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, and, of course, neither do my chars :PAnyone got a good idea on how to get one of my chars started? I'm thinking of having Vacir (My main char) either wash up on shore near a group that's already together, or waking up from an amnesiatic coma in a cave somewhere with no idea of anything except who he is (think Kopaka in comic 1). Any ideas from you guys? I want to ease in slowly :PThanks in advance!

He doesn't die if you don't want him to, but at the same time, I see no logical way he wouldn't be dead by now... :/Also, that rule was really vague when Tuck wrote it: almost all of TNG's chars should have been killed by now because of the sheer amount of severe injuries they've sustained, but he doesn't want them to die, so they just hop back up grinning like madmen a couple hours later. It really should be rephrased somehow...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Let me put it this way.If someone hops in now, sure, he's not dead by the powers of Player Will, but Yuru's been dragging a sword through his midsection for at least five minutes.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I haven't posted in the RPG since before the nixing of Xa-Kuta, so my chars are re-starting. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, and, of course, neither do my chars :PAnyone got a good idea on how to get one of my chars started? I'm thinking of having Vacir (My main char) either wash up on shore near a group that's already together, or waking up from an amnesiatic coma in a cave somewhere with no idea of anything except who he is (think Kopaka in comic 1). Any ideas from you guys? I want to ease in slowly :PThanks in advance!

These two links should be helpful. In addition the a new "faction" has been created for Mark Bearers. Information for them can be found here.That should help you out some, but I hate having to relay events myself (and haven't been active enough lately to know of them anyway :P).

Lacertus

Okay, now I'm officially scared of posting as Kinvex. If I post, then he dies. Althought I do remember this rule...

Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission

So, does that mean Kinvex doesn't die?
It's an established fact that another player cannot kill one of your players without your explicit permission. If you do not want one of your characters to die, they cannot be killed.However, this is not an excuse to put your characters in certain-death situations and have them survive simply because of this rule. That's when it turns into godmoding. Make sure you're always playing realistically, regardless of whether or not your character can be fatally wounded.

He doesn't die if you don't want him to, but at the same time, I see no logical way he wouldn't be dead by now... :/Also, that rule was really vague when Tuck wrote it: almost all of TNG's chars should have been killed by now because of the sheer amount of severe injuries they've sustained, but he doesn't want them to die, so they just hop back up grinning like madmen a couple hours later. It really should be rephrased somehow...

Generally, it's the players' responsibility to ensure that theyt are playing fairly. This includes acknowledging injuries when you recieve them, and giving them the proper amount of time to heal before resuming normal activites. Otherwise, a player can do whatever they want without acknowledging the consequences. If you have a problem with the way someone is playing, PM a staff member.

It is my considered opinion that there is an issue here. On one hand, KNI did quite distinctly deal a serious realistically speaking probably mortal, wound. And it was acknowledged by Xemnas. But on the other hand, KNI does not have permission to kill, but there is no logical way for Kinvex to live. I think that the rules might need to be reconsidered a bit by the staff to avoid this in the future.The point is now moot, but the staff might want to consider this.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Okay, now I'm officially scared of posting as Kinvex. If I post, then he dies. Althought I do remember this rule...

Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission

So, does that mean Kinvex doesn't die?
It's an established fact that another player cannot kill one of your players without your explicit permission. If you do not want one of your characters to die, they cannot be killed.However, this is not an excuse to put your characters in certain-death situations and have them survive simply because of this rule. That's when it turns into godmoding. Make sure you're always playing realistically, regardless of whether or not your character can be fatally wounded.

He doesn't die if you don't want him to, but at the same time, I see no logical way he wouldn't be dead by now... :/Also, that rule was really vague when Tuck wrote it: almost all of TNG's chars should have been killed by now because of the sheer amount of severe injuries they've sustained, but he doesn't want them to die, so they just hop back up grinning like madmen a couple hours later. It really should be rephrased somehow...

Generally, it's the players' responsibility to ensure that theyt are playing fairly. This includes acknowledging injuries when you recieve them, and giving them the proper amount of time to heal before resuming normal activites. Otherwise, a player can do whatever they want without acknowledging the consequences. If you have a problem with the way someone is playing, PM a staff member.
I know the rules. I've played this game for a couple years now. :PI was just stating that though the rule is in place and is as firm as a rule can get in this game, there are instances where it's abused.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Oh yeah- I just realized something. KNI never specified where the blade hit- I did. I said it hit the shoulder... although he later said that it was in the midsection. does anyone know if there is a major artery in the shoulder?Oh, and I'm still probably going to have him die...

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

If Xemnas had a problem with the wound then shouldn't he have mentioned that he didn't want his character dealt a mortal wound? Since such a thing is seriously autohitting?

KNI mentioned, and Xemnas agreed, that a wound should be dealt. Kinvex didn't have a way to avoid it. That in and of itself is pretty common. However, the extent of the wound was never discussed, and when Kinvex shocked Yuru, KNI made it so Yuru brought the blade down, thus dealing the wound that resulted in this discussion. After that, Xemnas proabaly should have said that he didn't want a mortal wound, and if KNI disagreed, taken it to PM.

fK5oqYf.jpg

We'll be able to wrap up the weird energy stuff between Utu and Salvinn as SOON AS ONARAX STARTS POSTING AGAIN.Then we can finish up the Utu and Angelus fight.Otherwise, everything is spiraling out of control.-Snipe

Edited by MicroSnipe

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Just entered Sulov. Good luck to all other people who entered their own matoran =3

Oh yeah- I just realized something. KNI never specified where the blade hit- I did. I said it hit the shoulder... although he later said that it was in the midsection. does anyone know if there is a major artery in the shoulder?Oh, and I'm still probably going to have him die...

Yes. The shoulder has a good few major arteries and a lot of nerves-meaning that a blow there hurts like karz and is moving you a fair bit closer to it.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Thanks Despair. I had already skimmed those once, but I noticed a few more things second time around :)Are there any groups currently that wouldn't mind adding a character with no idea what's going on? I can use my char's curiosity to ask any specific questions that I feel like asking, as soon as I'm integrated with someone. I don't want to just randomly show up somewhere!

Just entered Sulov. Good luck to all other people who entered their own matoran =3

Yes. The shoulder has a good few major arteries and a lot of nerves-meaning that a blow there hurts like karz and is moving you a fair bit closer to it.
In that light- I guess it doesn't matter where Kinvex is hit- he's still going to die, since KNI said that Yuru was going to drive the sword into a major artery, So I can't really blame him for that.

...Glove, please, take your precious time actually reading the argument before throwing in a rather ignorant two cents. What you said has been said. Fifteen posts ago. :)While it did hit the shoulder, I stated he began front the wound and slicing down through the skin. If Kinvex didn't want to hit, they would've been cool when Yuru first attempted to slice him. He had a spear in his hand. I'm totally against auto hitting. What he did do was strike him on a hit confirmed with Kinvex and continue that. However, Xemnas still chose not to block it with that spear.I mean, at this point, he's been shredding at him for five-ten minutes in game.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

@KNI: Okay, we're at an understanding here! Yay! Okay, so, I'm going to guess that since Yuru was shredding at Kinvex for five-ten minutes, Kinvex is probably going to die, right? Oh, and you should got post- Yuru is getting tackled by two people and getting shot at with a crossbow.

Nikaron no want Kinvex to die. :(

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Argh, all this Mark Bearer business is making me want to play again, even though I really should be doing my math homework instead. MicroSnipe, I'm going to hold you responsible for my low grade in Algebra II! :P

Are there any groups currently that wouldn't mind adding a character with no idea what's going on? I can use my char's curiosity to ask any specific questions that I feel like asking, as soon as I'm integrated with someone. I don't want to just randomly show up somewhere!

Sorry, I wouldn't know. My only character tends to make enemies wherever he goes (as MicroSnipe, Onarax, Xenmas, and others - although not many others :P - can attest to), so he isn't in or aware of any groups. By extension, neither am I. :lol:

Lacertus

...*tries not to make the obvious Cool Hand Luke reference*-Teezy

What we have here, is a failure, to communicate.Sorry, couldn't resist. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg