Best chapter from MNOG?

Fry

I don't ever remember playing past the part where there were all the ga-koro people near the start of the game.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

It's hard to say. I've never been good at picking favorites, and I think in the case of a project like the MNOG, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Each chapter had its advantages and disadvantages, and only together did they offer a rich and fulfilling adventure.

Chapter Six (Le-Koro) is definitely one of the more colorful ones, with a lot of emotional range: from the colors and excitement of Le-Wahi to the intense rush of the Nui-Rama battle to the dark hopelessness of imprisonment in the Nui-Rama hive to the celebration after Lewa is freed. But Le-Koro didn't offer quite the same sense of social immersion as Ga-Koro in Chapter Three, Po-Koro in Chapter Four or Onu-Koro in Chapter Five. You do not get to talk to many of the Le-Matoran, nor do you get to explore a lot of Matoran homes.

Of all the individual village chapters, I liked Po-Koro the best, because it was one of the more imersive plots, and the best mystery there that you got to solve. I mean, in Ga-Koro and Le-Koro you were responding to Rahi attacks, in Onu-Koro you were just running errends, and Ta-Koro and Ko-Koro were all about wandering to learn new stuff. But Po-Koro was presented with a problem that wasn't a direct animal attack and didn't have an obvious response ready, and you had to connect some of the dots yourself in order to solve it (and it was more than just a one-screen puzzle).

Of course, the Kini Nui scenes did a really good job of wrapping the whole game together and were really fun too.

:music:

Of the villages, I'd have to say Le.

The end is the best part, though. Both the whole end, and specifically the final showdown.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 1 month later...

I liked the chapter where you traveled to Kini Nui with the chronicler's company. The way each Tohunga/Matoran solved a problem or helped you overcome and obstacle was quite fun. The mini battles at Kini Nui were pretty cool too.

Hail Denmark

I don't ever remember playing past the part where there were all the ga-koro people near the start of the game.

Wait, seriously?

Yeah, I hardly played it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wait, seriously?

Yeah, I hardly played it.

Truth be told I played it for the first time back last year. It was MNOG II that was my nostalgic game. Let me tell you this, for someone who doesnt have nostalgia goggles for it, the games is amazing

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Ga-Koro holds a special spot in my heart for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that it was the first region I visited in MNOG, or the atmosphere of the ruined Ga-Koro... it just fills me with more nostalgia than any other chapter.

I also liked the eerie disease mystery of Po-Koro and the scenery in Onu-Koro.

I liked the chapter where you traveled to Kini Nui with the chronicler's company. The way each Tohunga/Matoran solved a problem or helped you overcome and obstacle was quite fun. The mini battles at Kini Nui were pretty cool too.

I loved that chapter too! My favorite part of the whole game was the Rahi battles at Kini Nui!

mindeth the cobwebs

If I was going to be objective, I'd say the rahi battle mini-game at Kini-Nui is the most thrilling.

However, if I was going to be truly emotion based, I would say Po-Koro or Ga-Koro, because all of the other parts are tainted with memories of my bad game playing. I once got this weird glitch at Kini-Nui where all the Rahi were invulnerable. I lost Kini-Nui. Seeing all the Matoran talk about how they could overtake Kini-Nui back from the Rahi was too much. I quit the game.

Ever since then, I feel a little nervous about playing that particular mini-game...

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

It would be a tie between Po-Koro and Le-Koro. Besides the fact that both chapters had fun minigames, they each had their unique qualities with Po-Koro's epidemic having intrigue and Le-Koro being an epic battle from its start to finish. But what made these chapters shine overall was the musical score that really made the atmosphere shine brighter than it could have ever been without musical accompaniment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

In terms of plot and character interaction, Po-Koro definitely sticks out, we get to see and experience a physical threat that is harming the Matoran and we get to talk to a lot of the villagers regarding the issues.

However, in terms of overall appearance and spirit, I really enjoyed Le-Koro. The lush colors and beautiful scenery are eye popping and getting to see and hear the band was just wonderful and made you feel accomplished after having dealt with the Rama.

In terms of plot and character interaction, Po-Koro definitely sticks out, we get to see and experience a physical threat that is harming the Matoran and we get to talk to a lot of the villagers regarding the issues.

However, in terms of overall appearance and spirit, I really enjoyed Le-Koro. The lush colors and beautiful scenery are eye popping and getting to see and hear the band was just wonderful and made you feel accomplished after having dealt with the Rama.

Please check the date of the last post before posting to make sure the topic isn't over 60 days old!

Revived topic closed.

• Upvote 1