The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

That's just the start of it. Inside Makuta's mind, it's a mirrored world where good is bad, and bad is good. Not only that, but it'll be a full scale replica of Metru Nui.We'll be able to play both in Makuta's mind, and outside.Just give me time to write it. I wish I had thought of this earlier.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

No. The most damage anyone can give to makuta is a mild headache, unless they can get to the control room. None of the characters will know this, but it's located under Metru Nui. Besides, the toa will be fighting incarnations of makuta's mind. Even the turaga and toa of Metru Nui will be against them.And if they get killed in the spirit realm, they get cast into the no-zone, where there might be other dangers...This is inspired slightly by the movie Inception. We have the choice of implanting good in Makuta's head, or driving him insane.-Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Unless there is a miracle, I won't win this contest. By the time the next contest roles round, I shall have begun college. I'll have enough trouble finding time for schoolwork, let alone roleplaying.And thus, with that, I depart...NAAAAAW! Like that would ever happen!Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily? Playing RPs may be out of the question, but I will never stop thinking. I'm practically incapable of going a week without some new idea popping into my head, be it a brand new story, or a revision of one I'm already planning. So, I want to make something with you guys, one that in the end I'll hand over to you. A goodbye present, of sorts. It will be grim, it will be dark. I dare say it will be grim dark. Have you ever seen an RP from me that wasn't?

There is only war.

The Shattering was prevented, but war still rages. The Great Beings were slaughtered by the forces of Spherus Magna. Casualties are high, but still the six civilizations of Spherus Magna tear at each other’s throats. The art of war is evolving, its tools advancing, mutating. Land, power, these things are of no more importance. It is a war of hatred, of pain and loss, and vengeance.

The Vulcanites match from their fortresses, setting the land alight.

Iconoxin warriors come from the north, silencing all opposition.

The children of Tesera spread life and death in equal measure, using their arts to chock the land in throned creepers.

The Skrall of Roxtus surge forward, a wave of black armor and arcane weaponry, crackling with grim dark energy.

Tajunite machines of war bravely enter battle, drowning opponents with tides of water and gunfire.

The Vorox Tribes devour the land itself, its men little more that beasts, gluttonous monsters.

This is a tale of war. There heroes on every side, undeserving men and women revered for the carnage they spread. There is no such thing as good. No such thing as evil. Simply unending battle, that threatens to extinguish all of civilization.

Prepare for the fell glory of war.

Basically, the Shattering was never an issue, and the Core War still rages. Quite inspired by Warhammer 40000. Been on a 40K kick lately. While I have no problem with people playing this as they normally would play a RP, with individuals, I was thinking we play as squads of soldiers. Men on the battle field, beasts of war being directed by a tamer, vehicles and mechs piloted by brave souls. Energized Protodermis would be used as a reason for more fanciful beings, such as the dragon men of Vulcanus, the Warwolves of Iconox, and practically every creature and monster that belongs to the Vorox Tribes.

I'll post more as I figure it all out. Hopefully, this will be all settled by the time the next contest starts, and I can stand back with a smile on my face, and look at all of our hard work.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Dissidence

Summary

The Network.We call it the heartbeat of the city. It is our lifeblood; it flows through everything like a stream of rushing water, connecting people, ideas, and information from one edge of the earth to another. Without it, we would be lost. Everything using electricity is all connected by it, and information is rapidly pumped into the Network at a unrealistic pace. Now, because every piece of machinery is innately connected, data between any two devices is technically accessible by anyone. But, due to legal implications, most islands lock down access to civilians to just the first two levels.Now, that’s not to say that you’re restricted to the standard levels. The system exists on a clearance pyramid of five levels. Levels One and Two are Low Security, consisting of civilian things like messaging systems, websites, things like that. Everyone has access to these levels by default. Corporations mostly run Levels Three and Four, which consist of things like user databases for Microsoft and Twitter, and internal company patents. Level Five is the absolute High Security, and it’s run by governments. Level Five is the goldmine, consisting of budget reports, national secrets, and some even say black-ops programs.Security is the name of the game, and if you’ve hooked into the network, you’re golden. Good luck, though. Each level of access has higher security then the previous level, and the risks of getting caught are greater. The last known hacker to get into Level Five access was reportedly never heard from again. And here enter the Trojans. Named after the viruses of old, these renegades will, for a price, hook you up to the Network, and break you through any safeguard the Levels have in place so you can search for anything and everything your little heart desires. When you’ve finished your investigation, the Trojans unplug you, revert the firewalls back to the way you were, and take their payment. And after that? After that comes the best thing you’ve felt all day.A side effect of using the Network results in an Epiphany. All of the information that you gathered during your little quest in the Network will hit your brain at once, leaving you with what you were searching for, and a pure, unfiltered feeling of absolute euphoria to boot. All good things come to an end, however, and the Epiphany doesn’t last. To try and imagine this, picture a Mark Bearer having the best high of their life, and then suddenly losing all sense of emotion, with everything around you seemingly becoming cold, and unwelcoming. Sure, it feels alarming and disorienting, but in reality, you’re just going back to normal. And that’s why the law enforcement are going after it so much: there’s no real adverse side effects, so people can just keep inducing Epiphany after Epiphany with no consequence. Imagine being able to hack any national secrets whenever you wanted, and feeling great immediately afterwards. Criminals and moles could bring a city down to its knees if they wanted to.But of course, there has to be a downside to everything. The moment you plug into the Network, the cops will be gunning for you. The upside for you is, the law here prevents them from being able to go all Rambo and “shoot first, ask questions later.” This is Metru Nui, a civilized city. Regulations have to be followed to the T, and law enforcement actually has to find evidence and follow the trail by questioning, using leads, and so on to try and locate possible Trojan. Plus, they have to actually have probable cause before they can bring one in on charges.Behind door number three lies the Consortium, who are made up of the backwater of civilization. If you’re wanted by the government, or you can’t hack, you pretty much have no other options except to go with the Consortium. Not like anyone else would take you in. Tensions brew between the Consortium and the Trojans, both due to economic and social reasons. Not only are the Trojans taking away all the money that could be made with their hacking skills, they’re quickly replacing the Consortium as the “number one threat” in the City.As it stands now, Metru Nui’s having a hard time trying to keep everything under control, and the Law Enforcement are spread too thin, having to deal with investigations into possible Trojan activity every day, along with trying to investigate and clean up Consortium activity in the darker areas of each Metru. Making it worse is the fact that due to inter-department feuds, communication between each Metru is slow, if even present at all.The Trojans don’t have it any easier, having to seemingly move their headquarters every day to avoid detection, and simultaneously trying to keep the Consortium from encroaching into their territory. The Consortium is really the only group that’s not facing any real difficulties, but only due to the fact that they’ve fallen so far that they really possess no real power at all.

Game Concepts

Network· The Network is the largest flowing collection of data, period. Any little piece of machinery can access it, but it takes special devices called Uplinks to access the higher echelons of the Network, like Level Five. Because of this, Uplinks are carefully regulated, and any unauthorized access or special modification of Level-Specific Uplinks is treated harshly by the law enforcement officers.I/O Bars· Usually just called Bars for short, I/O bars are Trojan bases, set up sporadically through each Metru. Each bar is licensed as an actual business, but secretly carries an Uplink in a hidden room, usually a basement or a backroom. Most I/O Bars keep in touch with Trojan leadership using a specially encrypted communication system. Trojan bars can be created at any time.Uplinks· Uplinks are the “connections” to the Network that let citizens access important information. Only two corporations in Metru Nui are licensed to assemble and sell Uplinks, and each uplink comes with a level-specific lock, to restrict access to only the level the uplink is built for. The first corporation has been assimilated into the Metru Nui government, while the second is essentially working under the Trojans, due to their large influence in the company.· Connections are made by placing a subject into a special "chair," kind of like a dentist's chair. From there, the Trojans hit you with a special serum designed to induce a hallucinogenic state. In this state, anything your heart desires can be dreamed up and recreated inside your head while your subconscious steers through the Network and picks out what it needs to.

Locations (INCOMPLETE)

Ta-Metru Ga-MetruLe-MetruPo-MetruOnu-MetruKo-Metru

Factions

The MNPD· The defenders of justice, the MNPD are the guys who keep the peace. MNPD officers are highly respected, and treated accordingly due to their service to the island. Most of them live a lavish lifestyle, with the Chief being reported to live in a tower in the Coliseum.· Pros: Great lifestyle, fantastic rewards, and access to Level Five government secrets to aid you in investigations.· Cons: Always on duty, somewhat unreliable technology, and officers are usually taking up to three cases on at one time due to low recruitment levels.The Trojans· Trojans are the go-to guys when you have a problem or something that you need from the Network. Because of how much money they receive daily, they nearly always have an I/O Bar ready for your use to help you hook into the Network.· Pros: Ability to break through nearly every security system the MNPD put up, knowledge of Uplink Modification to higher levels, high wealth.· Cons: Leadership exists as wanted criminals, and bars are usually temporary until they run the MNPD off their trail.The Consortium· The Consortium is a loose alliance of the Five Families of Metru Nui, all banding together under one figurehead to try and reclaim their former position as “number one in the underground.”· Pros: High membership levels and access to high amounts of conventional weaponry.· Cons: No real power, losing allegiance of many Metruans to the Trojans.

Profile Format

Name:

Gender: (Male / Female / None)Species:Appearance: (optional unless your character differs from the norm in any way)Kanohi: (if applicable)Powers: (if applicable)

Abilities:Weapons:Personality:Alignment: (MNPD/ Trojans / Consortium/Neutral)Bio: (please include an occupation if your character has one)

Important People

Name: Castor Troy

Gender: MaleSpecies: Toa of GravityAppearance: Tall, well-dressed, good-looking young man, with a handsome grin that comes naturally to him. It's said it takes 17 muscles to smile: Castor makes it seem as though it only takes one, giving off a soothing feeling to everyone that sees his even white teeth. Shining lapiz lazuli eyes.Kanohi: VolitakPowers: Gravity

Abilities: Natural-born hacker, good - no, great - with technology. Skilled marksman. Keeps his body in proper shape due to an unforgiving workout regimen that he undergoes daily. Skilled at parkour. Good at charming people.Weapons: Carries two pistols on thigh holsters.Personality: Castor is charming, flamboyant, funny, and charismatic. He was born a leader, and he'll die a leader: he treats every member of the Trojans like a brother or sister, and despite the rumors that are spreading through the criminal underworld, he is neither a vampire nor a Makuta in disguise. He's just a guy looking to help people in ways that the legal system can't.Alignment: Trojans (Leader)Bio: Castor was the COO for one of the biggest technology companies in Metru Nui for the first part of his young life, before he realized that he could do more with his life by helping people, whether legally or illegally: using his hefty salary from his previous job, he bought a bar in Ta-Metru, The Devil's Door, and began to run a Network hacking operation through it. Word spread quick through the cybercrime circles, and soon, Castor had amassed a small grouping of people working under one united banner: the Trojans. Famous for never killing any cops, criminals, or civilians unless in self-defense, they're criminals for a new age, and with Castor at the helm, that new age is quickly approaching. In his spare time, he works on keeping his food and his bar in top shape - after all, he does run a business.

Rules and Consequences

Rules

1. Player Characters (PC's) must adhere to all trait-related guidelines as posted in the Profiles topic unless otherwise stated by staff.

2. It is required for your character to have one or more weaknesses. Invincibility is illegal.

3. In PC versus PC combat, it is extremely discouraged to be unhittable. Dodging every attack thrown at you is a form of God-modding.

4. PC traits should only be acquired or altered through IC play.

5. Do not play as another player's character unless that player has given you explicit permission to do so. Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission.

6. Non-Player Characters (NPC's) are legal to use in your posts. However, recurring NPC's such as personal bodyguards, armies, servants, etc. are not allowed.

7. NPCs may be killed without permission from a player, seeing as they do not belong to a player. However, it is recommended that you bear in mind that NPCs are people too, and take just as much effort to kill as any other characters.

Consequences1st Time - Simple warning. After two weeks, this goes away, but if you get three first offenses, you go straight to the second strike.2nd Time - One character, chosen at random, loses its ability to connect to the Network. You'll be cut off from the rest of society and you'll be like that one kid without a social networking profile.3rd Time - All your characters are killed.

Final Notes

I'd like to thank everyone who let me vet this concept to them and who gave their honest opinion. Special thanks goes to my bro Kryzath, who helped me out with the write up and who wasted a good portion of his morning putting up with my constant flow of ideas. Thanks goes to Nuju Metru for being one of the best sadists a guy can have and for getting me truly involved in the RPG forum again. All the love in my heart goes out to the players of Techna and Techna: Breakdown, for putting up with me while I learned the ropes of head GMing, and last, but not least, thanks to you, the player, for giving me the motivation I need to keep my ideas going. You're the greatest.

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

The Bionicle purist in me is freaking out over the number of real-world references in that RPG description.Interesting concept, however. It obviously needs locations described, which you seem to be doing. Also, something to show at what point in history this is set in.Unless there is no history and this entire thing is a simulation created by somebody's brain...One problem I see, however, is that it may end up going the same way Techna did - everyone gets too caught up doing the main story and when it drops there's nothing else to do. That would be bad. Something to show that it's going to be more open world would be nice.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well, there are also going to be missions and the like for the Consortium and the MNPD. The plot between the Trojans and the cops is just that - the main plot. There's more than one way to use the Network to your advantage.And then there's the fact that bars are always good places to throw fight clubs, or pick up information on recent happenings. You could run a legitimate business as well as get involved in the main plot. That's the point of putting the Uplinks inside bars: you can create your own plots while following along with the main one.-Teezy

Edited by #firstworldtyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Tyler, that is looking awesome. Even more so than in the PM you sent me about it. Ignore the last sentence, it means nothing. :fear:Just one question: could someone create a character that was a machine, and if so, what would happen?Also, plot: can we be given any idea of plot, here? What kind of staff-plot are we dealing with?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Personally, this sound too much like TRON to me.Either way, I'm going to enter an idea next contest. We'll see if it flies. If you want to look at the skeleton idea, look at the top of the page shameless advretising-Bane

BZRPG profiles

I prefer the more technology oriented main plot, so far, Spawn. The previous Dissidence was way more different, but as you said, with Castor in it, it's going to be Dissidence. However, can I ask something? If the companies authorized to have Uplinks are only two, and the one is operated by the Metru Nui government, why don't they just choose to shut down the other? Or is there too much to risk?

Personally, this sound too much like TRON to me.Either way, I'm going to enter an idea next contest. We'll see if it flies. If you want to look at the skeleton idea, look at the top of the page shameless advretising-Bane
Tron?...I think you've got the wrong storyline there bro.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I prefer the more technology oriented main plot, so far, Spawn. The previous Dissidence was way more different, but as you said, with Castor in it, it's going to be Dissidence. However, can I ask something? If the companies authorized to have Uplinks are only two, and the one is operated by the Metru Nui government, why don't they just choose to shut down the other? Or is there too much to risk?
It's a capitalist society. You can't just go around shutting down random businesses for fun. That's not much of a free market.
Tyler, that is looking awesome. Even more so than in the PM you sent me about it. Ignore the last sentence, it means nothing. :fear:Just one question: could someone create a character that was a machine, and if so, what would happen?Also, plot: can we be given any idea of plot, here? What kind of staff-plot are we dealing with?
If you're asking if you can create something like a Vahki, yes. If you're asking if you can create a virus that gets inside the Network and fishes around as it pleases...then yes.And staff plot's going to be more of a background story instead of a constant story being pushed forward, like it was in Techna. Whether the Trojans get caught, whether the Consortium gets disbanded, the final fate of the Network...that's all up to you guys.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Really, I don't think we need another cyberpunk game so soon after Techna (Assuming you plan on entering this next contest, especially).
Yes we do. We need a temporary Techna replacement. Which is why I thought up Fatal Error in the first place, but it was rushed and needs a lot of improvement.[/advertising]

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

...I do have the wrong movie.Refer to the quote below for my thoughts.

The Bionicle purist in me is freaking out over the number of real-world references in that RPG description.Interesting concept, however. It obviously needs locations described, which you seem to be doing. Also, something to show at what point in history this is set in.Unless there is no history and this entire thing is a simulation created by somebody's brain...One problem I see, however, is that it may end up going the same way Techna did - everyone gets too caught up doing the main story and when it drops there's nothing else to do. That would be bad. Something to show that it's going to be more open world would be nice.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

BZRPG profiles

If you're asking if you can create something like a Vahki, yes. If you're asking if you can create a virus that gets inside the Network and fishes around as it pleases...then yes.
What about an Ian?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

It's a capitalist society. You can't just go around shutting down random businesses for fun. That's not much of a free market.-Teezy
That makes sense. Sounds awesome so far; I may even join if it wins. Which it will, most likely, 'cause it's awesome.

I could go through the opening of Dissendence and replace all (by which I mean both) references to Metru Nui with, I dunno, lets say New York City and it wouldn't change anything. It might even make more sense since the mentions to Microsoft and Twitter would be justified. Dissidence just seems more like a COT RPG to me, kind of disconnected with Bionicle.Oh, and or the record, I don't think anyone outside the BZPRPG is going to get what a Mark Bearer is. Possibly going to fly over the heads of a few people in the BZPRPG as well. You might want to get a better analogy

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Here's an idea I've been working on for awhile. Let me know what you guys think of it. :) It's tentatively titled 'Archipelago.'***The Archipelago has long been a kingdom of peace. Under the rule of our benevolent Emperor, these islands have known centuries of prosperity and harmony. But all that is about to change.For the Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor.Three short days ago, a spy traitorously poisoned our beloved ruler. Now, the Emperor has finally succumbed to the toxin in his veins, despite the efforts of the Archipelago’s greatest healers. His reign has finally come to an end.The throne is empty. The Emperor never married, and proclaimed no heir before his death. Now, we can only wait and pray that a worthy successor will be named before the Archipelago descends into chaos.-Toa Sentinal Kamun* * *Welcome to the Archipelago.An island chain that, for the vast majority of the Matoran Universe’s history, has known nothing but peace. When Mata Nui descended from the heavens, he placed the Matoran in these lands and set them under the care of a benevolent Emperor, whom he charged to rule with fairness and kindness. The Emperor obeyed, and for thousands of years, his rule went unchallenged.Only once before has the peace of the Archipelago ever been threatened. On that occasion, a being named Carapar began stirring up unrest in the islands, hoping to cast down the Emperor and rule in his stead. He raised an army, and stormed the capital of Aio-an Nui.The Emperor’s armies, along with the Toa Sentinels, defeated Carapar and would have executed him, but the Emperor, in his mercy, chose to banish him from the Archipelago, never to return.Since then, the Archipelago has known nothing but peace. Until now.An agent of some unknown enemy poisoned the Emperor at his supper table, slipping a rare venom into his drink. Three days later, the Emperor breathed his last, leaving behind an empty throne and a kingdom teetering on the brink of chaos.The day the Emperor died, an urgent message arrived from the northern isles: Carapar was back, and leading an army. The League of Six Kingdoms is attempting to conquer the known universe, and Carapar has a personal vendetta against the kingdom that cast him out.As the League threatens the borders of the Archipelago, a struggle for power takes place in the capital of Aio-an Nui. The government has turned on itself in the absence of the Emperor as each official fights to gain support and win the throne.A storm looms over the Archipelago. The time is nearing when it will burst. When it does, where will you be?* * *The Archipelago is a chain of islands that was, until recently, ruled by a benevolent emperor. It is populated by all sorts of species, from Matoran to Vortixx.There are three major factions in the Archipelago. The first is the Toa Sentinels, led by Toa Kamun. The Sentinels are a Toa team dedicated to upholding order and obeying the Toa Code. Basically, your average Toa team, only a bit bigger, and responsible for multiple islands.Only Toa may join the Sentinels, and they must be good. Toa Sentinels basically get a free-for-all pass to go anywhere they like in the name of justice.The second major faction is the Imperial Army, led by Master General Barzan. The Army accepts anyone, regardless of race, the only law being that you must be loyal to the Emperor, above all else. For this reason, many Toa choose to join the Sentinels instead, so as not to be put in a situation where they must choose between their loyalty and the Toa Code.Anyone may join the Army, regardless of race or morals. They must simply swear loyalty to the Emperor. Soldiers receive a decent weapon and combat training.The Guilds are the third major faction, led by Minister Eldaka. While this faction has little military power, it controls the economy, the laboratories, the factories, the fields, and everything to do with the production and trading of goods, making it extremely powerful.Anyone may join the Guilds, regardless of race or morals. Guildsmen receive access to factories and laboratories, and may, to an extent, use custom equipment, though approval is required.Finally, though not truly a faction, the Civilians are the largest group of people in the Archipelago, so they deserve mentioning. Civilians have no special perks or equipment, they simply live their lives. Being a Civilian gives you the most freedom, letting you forge your own path, but you are restricted from some areas and missions.* * *Archipelago is an RPG based around war and political intrigue. With invasion looming and various officials bickering over an empty throne, the future looks dark and full of bloodshed.This RPG will be as sandbox-y as I can make it will still remaining relatively plot-driven. This means that players, for the most part, can do what they like. You can be who you want, do what you want, and go where you want.However, there will always be a main storyline running in the background. War is threatening, and the Emperor’s death has left a power vacuum that many people hope to fill. As the plot advances, players will be given opportunities to change the course of the story, and maybe even make their own personal mark on the islands and on history.Support the person you want to rule, or try and gather support for your own rise to power. Defend your home from the encroaching League of Six Kingdoms, or watch as the islands slide into turmoil. Try to simply survive in the midst of the chaos, or try and turn the tide. The choice is yours.Welcome to the Archipelago.

You know, what do you guys think of an RPG in which all the factions are created by players, with everyone fighting over territory and the like?
I actually have an RPG idea that fits that.But although it is about everyone killing each other, it's closer to LotF/The Dead in that it's for survival purposes as opposed to territory. For the most part.It's probable there are people who would want to grab power in the chaos of a zombie apocalypse... Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

You know, what do you guys think of an RPG in which all the factions are created by players, with everyone fighting over territory and the like?
Like Shifting Sands? That description fits it perfectly. It was entered in this last contest, but didn't get much support in the final poll. :(

ppg2.png

@ Fullmetal EyrchamistThe idea has some merit, and could provide the basis for an epic or other story, but the factions as given don't really provide much motivation towards any goals. Also, since it's still in the beginning stages, it's not very well defined as an RPG yet, what with the races and descriptions of the area. Keep working on it though.@ Hubert;Do you mean that players control their own small groups of people or are still just individuals.@ Jouhua;Zombies are overrated.~ ~ ~ ~ ~While I was skimming through videos with epic music orchestras in the background, another idea came to me. It would be set in a small island isolated from most of the Matoran Universe, with a very frigid setting and covered mostly in ice and glaciers, with the two major factions being a tribe of Zyglak and their rivals, a large group of Frostelus. There would be a small Ko-Matoran village hidden on the island, to act as a base for miscellaneous species.I probably won't use it, but I wanted to see the reactions it got, and if I should pursue it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

More like characters are generals of armies. With their own NPCs.
Okay, yeah. I love the idea, but there are a few problems.1. If it's only the players, with no pre-established groups, their is no enemy to truly fight against. There's just chaos. There needs to be some kind of antagonist to every good story.2. It's going to be nothing but zerg rush armies fighting, for the most part. You need to find some way to keep that from happening - to encourage alliances, poisoning enemy rulers at dinner, and the like. Also, to keep things out of control, but a limit of one kingdom per character. The rest can work for them (or other players), or be freelancers.But yeah, the idea has some merit, so keep working at it. I would enjoy something like that if it had a good story, detailed locations etc.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Don't worry, I'm thinking of the antagonist throwing the world into chaos in an attempt at obtaining power, leading to others also wanting the piece of the action. There'll be alliances, treachery et cetera, and limiting the amount of kingdoms to one kingdom per player sounds good.Or you can join someone else's kingdom.

Well, I'm new at this, but it looks like fun so I'm going to try it.Here's the idea of this RPG:In the time that Mata Nui was still awake, the Makuta plotted revenge on him. However, Mata Nui was not so ignorant, and caught the Makuta plotting. So, he took the whole Brotherhood of Makuta, and reprogramed them to have the same personality as the Toa, so they worked side-by-side. In precaution of the same thing happeneing again, Mata nui created the Kurek, a Matoran word that means "Fixer". The Kurek, a rahi-type beast meant to constantly review the programing of all beings, searching and fixing its flaws. However, there was nothing to review the program of the Kurek. Eventually, the Kurek scaned the program of Mata Nui himself, and classified his entire program as faulty, and erased it permently. Now Mata Nui is floating in space as a vegitable, everything working but his mind. Then the Kurek started doing the same to every other being, when the revolt happened. The Toa, Makuta, Skakdi, and Vortixx teamed up and pushed back the threats of the Kurek.The Matoran were able to then construct a barrier around Metru-Nui to prevent the Kurek from getting in. This, however, lead to some of the beings develop flaws in their system, becoming evil. Because of this, some beings broke the barrier from the inside, letting some Kurek to sneak in. Since then, the Toa learned how to re-program Kurek to act like Toa, but it takes days, they always try to resist, and other Kurek attempt to "save" their own kind from this fate.People would be able to play as Toa, Matoran, Makuta, Skakdi, Vortixx, and Kurek. Kurek do have their own personalities, good or evil, but all have a cumpulsive feeling to perfect (erase) the minds of every other being, resist re-programming, and save other Kurek from being re-programmed, even if they don't want to. They can only be re-programmed in-game. Although the Kurek have no elemental powers, they are able to chose two kanohi powers, permenently installed in their systems.There will also be new Kanohi powers available because Mata Nui was awake for longer, including:The mask of thought, able to stop all time (including their body) so the user can think about their next action. The player must stop and re-start time in one post.The mask of sharpness, able to make extramly sharp points or edges form on any inanimate object smaller than the user.Mask of attention, able to make victim/user to become more noticeable by increasing their noises/brightness. Makes huna wearers normally visible but still loud noises, and volitak users slightly brighter than normal, with normal sound.Mask of memory, lets user or victim temporarily have photographic memory.Tell me what you think!

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Tell me what you think: ApocalypseI run for my life through Ga-Metru. Why won't they stop chasing me? As I near the way to Po-Metru, I see an elderly turaga ahead, croching as if holding a wound. Is he hurt? I approach, looking to see if I can help him. But they are coming for me. I must escape. The Turaga stands up abruptly, and starts pursuing me. He is one of them too. Did he touch me? No, he couldn't have. I run, barely making it into the Po-Metru. But outside they are still there, always waiting. OverviewThe year is 1500 B.C.G., during the Toa/Dark Hunter War. The once thriving city of Metru Nui has been reduced to little more than rubble, reaulting from the long war that has been going on. The Coliseum is perhaps the only safe place in the city. Outside, the Toa and Matoran fight the Dark Hunters constantly, never nearing an end to this war. Debris lines the streets, with the remains of buildings serving as military bases. And that isn't the worst part. Every day, more and more succumb to the epidemic. It affects those from both sides turning them into zombies, causing their consciousness to be removed, leaving only an empty body, wandering the streets. Almost all Matoran have succumbed to the epidemic, and many Dark Hunters as well. It is spread by touching those who are infected, and symptoms take several days to manifest, so those who look harmless may still be infected. Every day more of the city is destroyed by the constant fighting. The Vahki have been all but wiped out, with the few that remain fruitlessly try to eliminate the Dark Hunters. Dume has been killed, and appointed Lhikan leader before his death. Nidhki became a zombie in an expedition to Ta-Metru, as did the rest of his group. The Coliseum, formerly occupied by the Toa, was destroyed by the Dark Hunters. Locations ( Map of Metru Nui) Ta-MetruFromerly an industrial city, Ta-Metru has fallen into ruin. The devastation is most obvious here; wherever you look, few buildings remain, and those that do are partially destroyed. The epidemic is also thought to originate from Ta-Metru, as the first known to be infected came from here. The few Nuurahk that remain have computer failures, and wander the streets aimlessly, almost like the zombies themselves. Few dare to venture into Ta-Metru, fear of the epidemic being the reason. The devestation originated from before the epidemic, during the time that a war was actually fought there. This area is also strewn with Vahki parts. Ga-Metru Ga-Metru is where most of the fighting happens, with the zombies being sparse here. The schools have become military bases, and the city is beginnign to fall into ruin, similar to what happened in Ta-Metru. Every day, battles are fought in Ga-Metru, with the Toa and Matoran taking on the Dark Hunters in direct combat. During all the fighting, both sides sustain roughly equal losses, and the war never comes any closer to an end. No vahki remain in this district. Le-MetruLe-Metru is controlled by the Dark Hunters, who use it as their base. Le-Metru is also the least ruined Metru, as fighting has not yet spread here. Occasionally, the Toa will launch an attack, but usually to no avail. The epidemic has not yet spread here, though it shows signs of doing so. The Dark Hunters have set up a large camp here, and use many of the buildings to store weapons and supplies. Onu-Metru Onu-Metru has become a wasteland. The epidemic runs rampant, with the only inhabitants being the zombies and a few stubborn Matoran who refuse to leave, most of which succumb to the epidemic when going outdoors. Onu-Metru has large stocks of supplies and weapons, so sometimes either side will send a group on a high-risk mission to recieve some of the supplies. The reslt is often disastrous, with few ever returning. Po-MetruPo-Metru is the base of the Toa, as it is relatively epidemic-free. Occasionally a battle is fought in this district, but most Dark Hunters stay away, as the Toa forces here are great. The Toa who are not in the Coliseum use the buildings as bases and to store supplies, knowing they need to store all the supplies they can. Lhikan makes Po-Metru his home, where he serves as leader of the Toa. Ko-MetruKo-Metru is a battleground, most of the buildings leveled by the constant fighting. The epidemic does not exist here, as the virus responsible is intolerant to cold. Every day, small groups of Toa and Dark Hunters fight here, though the cold discourages many, who fight in Ga-Metru instead. Factions The ToaThe Toa fight the Dark hunters in the war, hoping to defend what remains of Metru Nui. They are led by Lhikan, who commands their battle plans. They attempt to find the source of the epidemic, knowing the zombies could become a more serious threat then the Dark Hunters. In recent times, they have decided it best to stray from the Toa Code, knowing killing is the only way to defeat the Dark Hunters. Turaga Dume was killed, and appointed Lhikan in his place. They operate from Po-Metru. The Dark HuntersThe Dark Hunters invaded Metru Nui at a point far in the past. They fought the Toa, hoping to gain control of the island of Metru Nui. They also attempt to find the source of the epidemic, having traced it back to Ta-Metru. The Shadowed one was killed by Lhikan in an attack on Po-Metru, and appointed Lariska in his place. Lariska adopted a more strategic approach to the war, not attacking until accumulating sufficient forces. The ZombiesThe zombies prowl Metru Nui, midlessly stalking their victims. They are most prevalent in Ta-Metru and Onu-Metru, though some wander elswhere, The epidemic is caused by a virus that seemingly comes from Ta-Metru, and no cure has been found. The zombies are entirely gray in color, and are composed of mostly matoran and Dark Hunters, though there are some Toa as well. Both the Dark Hunters and the Toa attempt to contain them, but to little avail, as they continue spreading. The epedmic was created when an insane Dark Hunter experimented with genetic structure, attempting to create a biological weapon to use against the Toa. Instead, he created the virus that created the zombies, and he was the first to become one.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET