Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Oh, Vezpool has also joined me on the roof of the train, so we can't forget about him. 

he's there to cut/deattach you from the roof of the train!

No, I think he's just lost. He's insane, and he has the Olmak fused to his face. Not a good combination. He has no idea where or when he is most of the time. And as for what he is, no one knows...

Should he be our Hype Mascot? Other than the Mask and the Train itself, of course.

• Upvote 1

Oh, Vezpool has also joined me on the roof of the train, so we can't forget about him. 

No, I think he's just lost. He's insane, and he has the Olmak fused to his face. Not a good combination. He has no idea where or when he is most of the time. And as for what he is, no one knows...

Should he be our Hype Mascot? Other than the Mask and the Train itself, of course.

I thought Omega Tahu and Squishy were our mascots... As well as #TheHypeTrainHasNoBreaks and the Patented Mask of Hype.

But Vezpool would be a great mascot...

Maybe we should just throw them all together into one ridiculous image, and that can be our mascot!

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I thought Omega Tahu and Squishy were our mascots... As well as #TheHypeTrainHasNoBreaks and the Patented Mask of Hype.

But Vezpool would be a great mascot...

Maybe we should just throw them all together into one ridiculous image, and that can be our mascot!

...Squishy?

You guys have ran the whole hype train thing way into the ground. It's cool to be excited about it and all, but the spam is getting seriously annoying and it's why people are going to Eurobricks for good discussion of BIONICLE 2015 rather than here. 

To be honest, the only reason this ran into the ground is because we've run out of things to discuss.

If you're upset about it, why not start a new discussion in here, rather than get on to us for spamming?

You guys have ran the whole hype train thing way into the ground. It's cool to be excited about it and all, but the spam is getting seriously annoying and it's why people are going to Eurobricks for good discussion of BIONICLE 2015 rather than here. 

To be honest, the only reason this ran into the ground is because we've run out of things to discuss.

If you're upset about it, why not start a new discussion in here, rather than get on to us for spamming?

I'm not upset about it. It's just that continually spamming after Windrider specifically said to stop spamming is rather disrespectful. I don't buy the excuse that there isn't anything to talk about either. If you really don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, it's better to just not say anything at all. The EB topic has been free of spam for the most part because people have some self control there. I'd like to see that happen here. 

• Upvote 5
Bliss.png

In an effort to try to get out of the spam discussion:

Do you all think we will get new Kanohi?

And what happens if the hype train goes through Energized Protodermis?

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

So what types of media are you guys most looking forward to/most interested in seeing with this next generation of Bionicle? I for one have always enjoyed the books over the Movies and Comics. Of course, a whole new generation could open the doors on a whole new type of media. We could see a TV show for crying out loud!

Personally, I didn't like The Legend Reborn. I just finished watching all of the Bionicle movies last night, and I found that I even preferred Web of Shadows to TLR. The first three films just had a certain feel to them that I thought was missing from TLR. Of course, Mask of Light is obviously my favorite! So if there is going to be any video media (be it TV of Film) I'd like to see it done in the MoL style.

Anyway, what type of media would you like to see? That's my question to you, fellow riders of the hypetrain.

• Upvote 1

BIONICLE fan since '03!

I'm not upset about it. It's just that continually spamming after Windrider specifically said to stop spamming is rather disrespectful. I don't buy the excuse that there isn't anything to talk about either. If you really don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, it's better to just not say anything at all. The EB topic has been free of spam for the most part because people have some self control there. I'd like to see that happen here. 

In an effort to try to get out of the spam discussion:

Do you all think we will get new Kanohi?

And what happens if the hype train goes through Energized Protodermis?

If you mean new molds, then yes. If you mean new types, then maybe. From the leaked images, it appears we will be getting new versions of the Mata/Nuva masks. However, there's obviously going to be new masks too, in the form of the mysterious mask Tahu is reaching for, as well as the one that comes with the Villain Who Shall Not Be Mentioned.

@ Jamescax What do you mean? I'm preeetty sure that all of the new Toa have masks that look similar to their old ones, at least in what we've seen.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

So what types of media are you guys most looking forward to/most interested in seeing with this next generation of Bionicle? I for one have always enjoyed the books over the Movies and Comics. Of course, a whole new generation could open the doors on a whole new type of media. We could see a TV show for crying out loud!

Personally, I didn't like The Legend Reborn. I just finished watching all of the Bionicle movies last night, and I found that I even preferred Web of Shadows to TLR. The first three films just had a certain feel to them that I thought was missing from TLR. Of course, Mask of Light is obviously my favorite! So if there is going to be any video media (be it TV of Film) I'd like to see it done in the MoL style.

Anyway, what type of media would you like to see? That's my question to you, fellow riders of the hypetrain.

i want to see movies (maybe a big srceen movie too), a good tv show, and comics.

i want to see movies (maybe a big srceen movie too), a good tv show, and comics.

Novels, comics and a decent TV show. The novels I want more than anything else - they were perhaps my favorite version of Bionicle media. As for movies, I wouldn't mind getting one as long as it's good.

• Upvote 1

Well, Pohatu's, Lewa's and Gali's new mask look nothing like their old mask; we'll have to see why that is.

I personally think Lewa's has plenty of similarities to his original Miru, from what I've seen. And Gali's looks a lot like the interpretation of her mask in Mask of Light.

Well, Pohatu's, Lewa's and Gali's new mask look nothing like their old mask; we'll have to see why that is.

I personally think Lewa's has plenty of similarities to his original Miru, from what I've seen. And Gali's looks a lot like the interpretation of her mask in Mask of Light.

I thought Pohatu's looked just fine. Lewa's seemed... different, I suppose. It actually looked a little like a Pakari to me. As for Gali's, it looks like her Nuva mask to me.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 1

A TV show would be fun assuming it is up to par quality-wise with Ninjago. A show may eliminate the need for books, at least as the primary story-telling medium, but I do hope we get some books as well. And of course, comics are a must.

• Upvote 1

We wouldn't be running out of things to discuss if that outdated leaked images policy wasn't still in place. We're the only site I know of that has such a policy.

• Upvote 4

The media for me: Books and Comics, movies as well. (I don't care about having another TV show to follow/catch up on.)

But in all honesty, they'd prolly make a TV show.

(New Kanohi looks would be great. :D)

((Also for Squishy, it was a late night idea for 'what if they gave us rubber "organic" pieces?"... Which are squishy (Inika Masks). Just FYI.))

((But yeah, it should have been reserved to some private discussion somewhere. (And don't blame be other guys, I kind of caused the latest spiral, not them. So if anything is to be done to someone, do it against me.)))

Edited by Heontris

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

We wouldn't be running out of things to discuss if that outdated leaked images policy wasn't still in place. We're the only site I know of that has such a policy.

It's not simply our policy. It's LEGO's. And if other fansites ignore it, it's not our job to police them.

Otherwise, as XONAR said, I asked for the spam to stop, and it continued. I don't know why my warning was ignored, but it should not happen again.

• Upvote 3

If you don't have anything you feel like you can discuss, then don't discuss anything here, especially if you're aware it's spam. A lot of the last couple pages of this topic sounded like folks taking advantage of the leeway in discussion to rack up post count CoT-style.

I'd really love to see comics accompanying the new story, they were always such fun to read; I might start getting excited for the LEGO magazines my brother gets again :P Books are still a good way to tell the story and get younger folks hoked, in my opinion. Why ignore a whole medium? Get a foot in every door.

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I think we need some form of expanded media. It was what made Bionicle feel so alive. There was so many ways you could get invested in the story. Books, Comics, Games, movies. Bionicle had the lot.

I agree. I stated in a previous thread (or maybe it was this one, i don't remember) how much I enjoy the media, especially the promo commercials/poster. It really makes Bionicle stand out from other themes.

If the sets sell great like the original three or four years of sets, then I'm hoping for an actual television show to be put on like Ninjago has got. I definitely however want the great novels done by Greg Farshety back aswell. As stated by @Vega Magnus however, a television show could eliminate the need for books.

Either way, I'm grateful and happy Bionicle is coming back, It's been four long years, coming up five soon and i never expected it to happen. At the same time however, i never had complete doubt.

I'd really love to see comics accompanying the new story, they were always such fun to read; I might start getting excited for the LEGO magazines my brother gets again :P Books are still a good way to tell the story and get younger folks hoked, in my opinion. Why ignore a whole medium? Get a foot in every door.

Oh silly me, how could i not think of the possible return of comics. I agree with you, they were really enjoyable and it's been a while since i've gotten a comic in a Lego Club Magazine.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Why are we discussing what the masks in the leaked images look like? I thought we weren't meant to be discussing leaks. And, to be honest, the quality of said image makes it incredibly difficult to discern exactly what some of the set's features actually look like. I don't think we have much choice but to wait until Lego shows us some genuine set images for next year. For all we know, the leaks might be preliminary images from months ago, and the real sets are going to look completely different. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Can someone please try searching Bionicle on the Lego website again. I've tried three different search engines on my laptop, and none of them can load the page. I want to see if it's a glitch with my computer, or if they're actually updating the website or something.

• Upvote 2

Can someone please try searching Bionicle on the Lego website again. I've tried three different search engines on my laptop, and none of them can load the page. I want to see if it's a glitch with my computer, or if they're actually updating the website or something.

Is it showing search results on the tab but not loading page?, Looks like Lego's up to something again.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't load for me either...yup, updating is my guess. LEGO, what are you up to?

• Upvote 1

Is it showing search results on the tab but not loading page?, Looks like Lego's up to something again.

So it isn't just me? Very interesting. This shows promise. 

Wouldn't load for me either...yup, updating is my guess. LEGO, what are you up to?

Actually from what i can tell typing in anything doesn't seem to load now...

• Upvote 1

So they're updating the entire site? Maybe it's not Bionicle related after all. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of this.

I'm happy, at least. I discovered something. Whether it's something important remains to be seen.

EDIT: I've been running this search a few times a day since the first time the shop displayed the "coming soon" page, in the hopes that when something did change, I'd notice it. I ran the search about three hours ago and it redirected me to the HF page, as usual. 

I guess we'll have to wait for the site update or whatever to finish before we can find out what's going on...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

So they're updating the entire site? Maybe it's not Bionicle related after all. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of this.

I'm happy, at least. I discovered something. Whether it's something important remains to be seen.

EDIT: I've been running this search a few times a day since the first time the shop displayed the "coming soon" page, in the hopes that when something did change, I'd notice it. I ran the search about three hours ago and it redirected me to the HF page, as usual. 

I guess we'll have to wait for the site update or whatever to finish before we can find out what's going on...

I really hope before they announce the return or bring back the website they have some sort of teaser to hype us up.

• Upvote 3

I really hope before they announce the return or bring back the website they have some sort of teaser to hype us up.

My exact thoughts. I really want to see a teaser site.

Maybe something like returning 2015 with a slight look at tahu's mask

Yes, a teaser site would be amazing. Fingers crossed that it might be what's going on now. It better be something related to the return, or I'm going to be very unhappy, since I'd have just wasted everyone's time by pointing it out in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, a teaser site would be amazing. Fingers crossed that it might be what's going on now. It better be something related to the return, or I'm going to be very unhappy, since I'd have just wasted everyone's time by pointing it out in the first place. 

Well if even it isn't a teaser site maybe there could be a leak during maintenance