Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Vezon's Olmak is functional? That thing is bi-polar, opening portals left and right.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

So if Bionicle 2015 is a complete reboot, do you think it will still be part of the old Bionicle's multiverse? Like could a character from the classic universe could travel to the new one by use of an Olmak?

If it is a retelling or something along those lines, then it probably would be unofficially set in one of the infinite number of unknown alternate universes that apparently exist in the Bionicle world. If Greg gets put in charge of the story, then I'll bet any money that a character from the original story will somehow travel through worlds and cameo in the new Bionicle, or a character(s) from the new Bionicle will wind up in the original universe at some point. He loves his alternate realities, and I doubt he'd pass up an opportunity like that. 

And who says it has to be an Olmak? If Bionicle has told me anything, it's that there is always another way. I'm certain that there are more methods for travelling between dimensions that we just haven't seen yet. 

But personally, I still want to see a continuation. I don't think that's what we're going to get, but if we do, I'll be happy. 

To be honest, I'd be satisfied with whatever it is, because it's BIONICLE COMING BACK!!!

Vezon's Olmak is functional? That thing is bi-polar, opening portals left and right.

just because he doesn't know how to use it, doesn't mean that it doesn't function. It still opens portals, right? Therefore it's still fully functioning. It's just the user who isn't functioning properly. 

Ive been away for a while did i miss anything?

any more leaked stuff?

any more rumors?

Thanks

No, nothing new since the Lego Shop "coming soon" page got taken down, as far as I know. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, Am I the only one who thinks the most likely option would be a Far-future continuation/reboot in which all of the old story would be irrevelant to the present events but still could be reffered too for the old fans. That way, they would get both the new and the old fans in the boat.

• Upvote 2

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

Just a reminder that discussion leaks still isn't allowed.

Thanks.

Sorry. my fault. I got carried away. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, Am I the only one who thinks the most likely option would be a Far-future continuation/reboot in which all of the old story would be irrevelant to the present events but still could be reffered too for the old fans. That way, they would get both the new and the old fans in the boat.

You're not the only one. Quite a few people around here (including me) think this would be the best option. 

• Upvote 3

Hail Denmark

i agree.

• Upvote 1

I also agree, but I think the way the story left off, there wouldn't need to be too far of a skip into the future. Makuta and his followers are dead or defeated, so there isn't any need to reference that anymore. 

I think they'll likely skip over The Powers That Be and The Yesterday Quest and pick up the story with the combined populations led by the Glatorian and the Toa Mata living peacefully in New Atero, only for their peace to be shattered by (insert villain name here). I hope if they do something along those lines there will be some kind of explanation or resolution to the unfinished serials. I also hope they keep the old villains around (perhaps they retreated to distant corners of Spherus Magna to build up their armies or something to b introduced as needed in later years).

Or perhaps it will be set after a war between the good guys (Glatorian/Agori/Matoran/Toa) and the bad guys (Dark Hunters/Barraki/Skrall Remnant) and pick up the story after most of the original characters have been wiped out? Start a new adventure entirely but still giving an explanation of where all of the old characters went.

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 3

I'd like to see rogue Toa. After seeing Into the Storm, I think it'd be cool to see rogue Toa screw things up royally by causing natural disasters and stuff. Just imagine New Atero being ravaged by a sudden and mysterious tornado outbreak. Even if not rogue Toa, any villain pulling the strings from behind the scenes and making things look completely natural and fooling even us readers would be cool. I dunno, something about power abuse sounds intriguing to me.

• Upvote 5

I'd like to see rogue Toa. After seeing Into the Storm, I think it'd be cool to see rogue Toa screw things up royally by causing natural disasters and stuff. Just imagine New Atero being ravaged by a sudden and mysterious tornado outbreak. Even if not rogue Toa, any villain pulling the strings from behind the scenes and making things look completely natural and fooling even us readers would be cool. I dunno, something about power abuse sounds intriguing to me.

Well, there's only forty-something Toa left, according to Biosector01, and only about half of those are known named characters. It's not too unfeasible to imagine a team of six Toa from that fortyish deciding to go rogue and do their own thing. Toa Mata versus rogue Toa would make for an interesting year's worth of storyline. (And bonus plot twist - Marendar shows up in the end and wipes out the rogue Toa, thus becoming that year's hero and the next year's villain as well!) 

• Upvote 4

There's actually 3 comfirmed Olmaks. Vezon, Brutaka's spoiled one. The last of them was the Toa Empire Botar one that drifted into inter dimensional space after TE Tuyet was killed in Dark Mirror.

But that one created the Expanded Multiverse. You should check with Bonesiii on that one.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

There's actually one Olmak, and that's the one that Takanuva lost to interdimensional space. Brutaka's corrupted mask was destroyed by Teridax, and I just read that Vezon's Olmak didn't fuse to his face, it and its power were actually absorbed into him, meaning there are actually no Olmak's in the primary story dimension at all. Don't believe me? Check here: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Olmak

• Upvote 3

So if Bionicle 2015 is a complete reboot, do you think it will still be part of the old Bionicle's multiverse? Like could a character from the classic universe could travel to the new one by use of an Olmak?

They could, but it could be confusing because they would have to introduce the backstory of that character.

Also the only known functional Olmak is fused to Vezon's head. 

At least that means we will definitley have Vezon in the story :P

• Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

There isn't any more but there's one in interdimensional space. It's semi-canon.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/5975-official-expanded-multiverse-reference-topic/?do=findComment&comment=354665

Greg approved it. Of course I agree it's not in the prime universe anymore I just wished to point out the number of confirmed Olmaks and their state.

• Upvote 1

Okay, so the only working Olmak is the one that... has been absorbed by a maniacal Skakdi. 

That's not very reassuring...

This first surfaced on LMB a few days ago. If you look at the set availability on this page, it now includes 2015 in the list. It happened a few days ago and got removed, but now it's back, still with no citation to prove it. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionicle

I'm definitely not calling this evidence of a return, but it does show how hyped people are getting about Bionicle's potential (not yet actually confirmed by Lego, but we're confident it's back) return.

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

It would be nice to see the Barraki again. Now that the Mata Nui & Makuta thing is over with I am excited to see what Pridak and Friends decides to in terms of terrorizing the peaceful setting. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Okay, so the only working Olmak is the one that... has been absorbed by a maniacal Skakdi. 

This first surfaced on LMB a few days ago. If you look at the set availability on this page, it now includes 2015 in the list. It happened a few days ago and got removed, but now it's back, still with no citation to prove it. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionicle

I'm definitely not calling this evidence of a return, but it does show how hyped people are getting about Bionicle's potential (not yet actually confirmed by Lego, but we're confident it's back) return.

The tensions Killing me!

Gonna kill her!

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

It would be nice to see the Barraki again. Now that the Mata Nui & Makuta thing is over with I am excited to see what Pridak and Friends decides to in terms of terrorizing the peaceful setting. 

Pridak, Kalmah, Eehlek and Mantax all have armies. Takadox is scurrying around somewhere probably trying not to get himself killed. Knowing his history, he'll probably try to ally himself with the most powerful person he can find he won't immediately trying to kill him - probably our old off-the-rails friend The Shadowed One, who is also building an army out of the surviving Dark Hunters, rogue Skakdi and Vortixx, the Bone Hunters, and some of the Skrall Remnant. 

If Bionicle 2015 is a continuation, even a time-skipped one, I'm putting my money on TSO and the Barraki being the main villains, whether they end up working together or fighting separately remains to be seen. 

• Upvote 1

Pridak, Kalmah, Eehlek and Mantax all have armies. Takadox is scurrying around somewhere probably trying not to get himself killed. Knowing his history, he'll probably try to ally himself with the most powerful person he can find he won't immediately trying to kill him - probably our old off-the-rails friend The Shadowed One, who is also building an army out of the surviving Dark Hunters, rogue Skakdi and Vortixx, the Bone Hunters, and some of the Skrall Remnant. 

If Bionicle 2015 is a continuation, even a time-skipped one, I'm putting my money on TSO and the Barraki being the main villains, whether they end up working together or fighting separately remains to be seen. 

And since the mutagen of the pit was reversed by Mata Nui, we would finally get to see what the Barraki looked like before the Grand Cataclysm. There are also some Dark Hunters who we haven't seen in set form such as Lariska, The Recorder, or Triglax.  

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Capar is dead though. :(

I personally hope that the new main villain(s) is/are something/someone completely different, something/someone we haven't seen before. Basically I would love to see a new main baddie, but having help from or using the old baddies, like TSO, the Skakdi, etc., as servants or grunts. That way Lego can get Bionicle a fresh new story somewhat and not have the new fans rely on old information on these really fleshed out characters. I dont know, I think they would want to avoid that.

While I still want the old baddies to return as a threat, I imagine Lego would try to not complicate the start/revival of a new returning theme (that ended for being too "complicated") by making the main villains the old baddies with complicated background stories.

By the way, sorry if my paragraph up here is sorta difficult to understand. :P

Edited by AdaptingChaos

As I said, it isn't functioning...

There isn't any more but there's one in interdimensional space. It's semi-canon.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/5975-official-expanded-multiverse-reference-topic/?do=findComment&comment=354665

Greg approved it. Of course I agree it's not in the prime universe anymore I just wished to point out the number of confirmed Olmaks and their state.

What is this Expanded Multiverse thing that I keep hearing about. IMO, the page looks like a messy fanfic that gives me a headache.

• Upvote 1

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

What is this Expanded Multiverse thing that I keep hearing about. IMO, the page looks like a messy fanfic that gives me a headache.

I agree, and I don't like messy fanfics. :I

• Upvote 2

virux4.5-500.jpg

How exactly is that messy fanfic semi-canon?

• Upvote 1

While it does have some pretty major issues, it's set up in such a way that it's fairly isolated from the canon proper. I don't think anyone at Lego would really hesitate to retcon it should it become an issue when writing the story.

In layman's terms, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Still, how is this thing semi-canon. I have 0 idea of what it is, and if this messy fanfic collection is canon in anyway, shape or form, I shall and must read through it.

Well, there's only forty-something Toa left, according to Biosector01, and only about half of those are known named characters. It's not too unfeasible to imagine a team of six Toa from that fortyish deciding to go rogue and do their own thing. Toa Mata versus rogue Toa would make for an interesting year's worth of storyline. (And bonus plot twist - Marendar shows up in the end and wipes out the rogue Toa, thus becoming that year's hero and the next year's villain as well!) 

ALL HAIL THE NEW GREG!

Seriously though, I wanna see that now. XD

• Upvote 2

ALL HAIL THE NEW GREG!

Which Toa would be most likely to go rouge though? I feel like if its any of the main 18 its just an insult to their characters

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Potential Shadow Toa story maybe?...

ALL HAIL THE NEW GREG!

Which Toa would be most likely to go rouge though? I feel like if its any of the main 18 its just an insult to their characters
Some of the unnamed 22, obviously. I very much doubt that Lego would make one of the established Toa teams evil for no reason.
  • Upvote 2
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

ALL HAIL THE NEW GREG!

Some of the unnamed 22, obviously. I very much doubt that Lego would make one of the established Toa teams evil for no reason.

I would actually like it if they used at least one of the named Toa. And it would have to be one that everyone was attached to and considered a honorable Toa. That way, the entire community would feel a sense of betrayal and malice towards them. 

However this would not be like that stunt Vakama pulled off. They would stay evil until their demise, if there is one. 

I know that it would seem to be disrespectful to their character, but it would be very nice to finally feel a strong amount of emotion toward one figure. 

Oh, and to emphasize on the feeling of betrayal, they would not become evil because of some sort of corruption. It would be on their own accord. 

However it would only work for one character from a Toa team. If you had the entire six of them turn, then that would ruin the effect. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Capar is dead though. :(

I personally hope that the new main villain(s) is/are something/someone completely different, something/someone we haven't seen before. Basically I would love to see a new main baddie, but having help from or using the old baddies, like TSO, the Skakdi, etc., as servants or grunts. That way Lego can get Bionicle a fresh new story somewhat and not have the new fans rely on old information on these really fleshed out characters. I dont know, I think they would want to avoid that.

While I still want the old baddies to return as a threat, I imagine Lego would try to not complicate the start/revival of a new returning theme (that ended for being too "complicated") by making the main villains the old baddies with complicated background stories.

By the way, sorry if my paragraph up here is sorta difficult to understand. :P

No, it all made sense. I get what you're saying, but:

If they had TSO and the Barraki following the orders of someone else, it wouldn't be very true to their characters. After being helpless to stop Makuta taking over their entire universe, they've all kind of gone off the rails. All they want to do is conquer and rebuild their old empires. And I don't think the 100,000 years worth of backstory is entirely necessary to understanding their characters. Lego can just go and say "these are this year's bad guys" and give a brief introduction of their characters: TSO is the leader of a mercanary group called the Dark Hunters. The Barraki are four warlords working together to build a massive united empire. Takadox is a sniveling traitor whose prone to compulsive backstabbing syndrome... 

The old fans will know all of the extra background and be able to further understand their characters, but really, their past actions aren't going to have a massive impact on the new story, I don't think. Think about Annona, the creepy Tren Krom-esque villain of Sahmad's Tale. We didn't really find out much about her before she was wiped out by a Dues Ex Machina from the Golden Being. 

I would actually like it if they used at least one of the named Toa. And it would have to be one that everyone was attached to and considered a honorable Toa. That way, the entire community would feel a sense of betrayal and malice towards them. 

However this would not be like that stunt Vakama pulled off. They would stay evil until their demise, if there is one. 

I know that it would seem to be disrespectful to their character, but it would be very nice to finally feel a strong amount of emotion toward one figure. 

Oh, and to emphasize on the feeling of betrayal, they would not become evil because of some sort of corruption. It would be on their own accord. 

However it would only work for one character from a Toa team. If you had the entire six of them turn, then that would ruin the effect. 

Well, the Mahri may or may not still be under the control of the Golden Being/Piraka Fusion/Whatever-the-heck-it-is. If they keep that bizarre character around, then there's still the option for having evil Toa without actually having any of them turn truly evil. 

ALL HAIL THE NEW GREG!

Wait... are you calling me the new Greg? 

• Upvote 2

Yeah! Seriously, NatoGreavesy should get a job with Lego!

OK, I'll be serious again.  I want to see a civil war or something.  Maybe like 04, only all Toa (and maybe Matoran) on Spherus Magna viewed as the bad guys.  And I want to see more robots enemies (Bohrok, Rahkshi, Vahki, etc.).

~W.12.~

• Upvote 4

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Well, the Mahri may or may not still be under the control of the Golden Being/Piraka Fusion/Whatever-the-heck-it-is. If they keep that bizarre character around, then there's still the option for having evil Toa without actually having any of them turn truly evil. 

According to recent Greg answers, they were freed when the Golden Being temporarily lost his power in Sahmad's tale.

• Upvote 2

According to recent Greg answers, they were freed when the Golden Being temporarily lost his power in Sahmad's tale.

Oh yeah, I remember reading that somewhere.

Oh well, my original idea still stands. There are a good twentyish Toa who haven't been introduced. Some of them can go rogue.

Or perhaps, if Velika doesn't blow her up, Tuyet could rally some of them in an attempt to build a Toa Empire (similar to what the alternate version of her had in Metru Nui in Dark Mirror) on Spherus Magna. 

That way, we feasibly could get a civil war like what Willess12 describes, with the Glatorian/Agori fighting the Toa/Matoran, since they wouldn't trust them anymore. And then Tuyet might actually be useful to the storyline.

Edited by NatoGreavesy
  • Upvote 2

I think he was calling me the new Greg since it was my idea...didn't think it would catch on like that. Ahkmou needs to be their shadow Toa leader. We need these guys to feel evil and truly corrupt. They need to be scary. Their corruption needs to run so deep that it alters their physical states and also causes their elements to become intertwined with shadow. They need to be such a threat that when Marendar is activated, he has to create Terminator-esque robots to ensure the death of every Toa. And to make these rogue Toa even more intimidating...they need to be submerged into energized protodermis and become Nuva. If we have a rogue Toa story, it needs to be dark.