BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

I find it funny that everyone who can host well are too busy and the people with all the time in the world sucks.

Eh? Are you trying to make a joke? If you are going to criticize other members' games, please do so politely, instead of effectively laughing at them. Just because the members who are hosting have more time than the members you'd like to host doesn't mean that they aren't putting effort into doing so. If you don't like their games, then don't play them.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I kinda think Pupwa is referring to himself here?

because he knows that he has "all the time in the world" and yet every time he has hosted it has kinda not worked out so well. To the point where he won't let us let him host.

*shrug* 

At least, that is how I interpreted that.

• Upvote 5

I find it funny that everyone who can host well are too busy and the people with all the time in the world sucks.

Eh? Are you trying to make a joke? If you are going to criticize other members' games, please do so politely, instead of effectively laughing at them. Just because the members who are hosting have more time than the members you'd like to host doesn't mean that they aren't putting effort into doing so. If you don't like their games, then don't play them.

I'm not stating any game in particular. Can't claim Criticism if you don't know hats I'm talking about in particular.

Speaking of busy people, my post can be applied outside of here.

Let's take 2 of the few stories I read on the internet. BAiT, and AiE, for short.

BAiT was updated semi daily, with medium sized posts. It was a comedy so I forgived it a little, but compare to AiE, which was updated 3 times a week at best, it just blows BAiT out of the water.

I used the acronyms because I don't want you to read what I read.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

I'm not stating any game in particular. Can't claim Criticism if you don't know hats I'm talking about in particular.

Let's take 2 of the few stories I read on the internet. BAiT, and AiE, for short.

BAiT was updated semi daily, with medium sized posts. It was a comedy so I forgived it a little, but compare to AiE, which was updated 3 times a week at best, it just blows BAiT out of the water.

The fact that I don't know exactly whom you are criticizing doesn't mean that I can't recognize the fact that you are criticizing.

That said, perhaps I misunderstood your remark. You claimed that all the people who could host well were too busy to do so. Logically, that means that MT and Dapper cannot host well, since they have time to do so.

This may not have been what you meant, I understand that, but it was what you said.

gZsNWyr.png

The fact that I don't know exactly whom you are criticizing doesn't mean that I can't recognize the fact that you are criticizing.

That said, perhaps I misunderstood your remark. You claimed that all the people who could host well were too busy to do so. Logically, that means that MT and Dapper cannot host well, since they have time to do so.

This may not have been what you meant, I understand that, but it was what you said.

Via your line of thinkng, you are implyng that everyone that don't have time to host instantly sucks at it as soon as they do.

My statement was intended at people like Xaeraz, who hosted Dead Sea and didn't finish it due to lack of time. And I loved it all the way until I got lynched for no good reason.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Via your line of thinkng, you are implyng that everyone that don't have time to host instantly sucks at it as soon as they do.

My statement was intended at people like Xaeraz, who hosted Dead Sea and didn't finish it due to lack of time. And I loved it all the way until I got lynched for no good reason.

My line of thinking? All I was stating was that I perceived that you were saying that those who were currently hosting were doing a poor job of it (phew!)

Any way, I seem to have misunderstood your intent, and I hope that you bear me no ill feelings. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

gZsNWyr.png

I have an idea for a Mafia game. We set it in a city modern to ours but the "village" is a subdivision in the city. The Dark Hunters are like actually mafia people trying to harm the people of the subdivision and if they succeed,  they terminate eveyone and collect the insurance money. Execution will be done by firing squad.

How's that sound?

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

We won't be seeing that for awhile, I can guarantee it. The point of the side games is that they're more experimental than main series games, and the main series games have been slowly getting more experimental... a game that returned to the basics would have to be a main series game.

We won't be seeing that for awhile, I can guarantee it. The point of the side games is that they're more experimental than main series games, and the main series games have been slowly getting more experimental... a game that returned to the basics would have to be a main series game.

Not necessarily. A series of "vanilla" games is feasible, provided that the number of players was considerably lower than the twenty-five player average (I think ten would be a good amount.) Such a series could function in the way the "Point" games were supposed to, as a training ground for newcomers. I could see it working well, provided there were a sufficient amount of novices.

gZsNWyr.png

We've already got three games going on at once, however, combined with the fact that G&T has slipped into a slump in the past week. We're basically at maximum capacity.

I'm not saying that we won't see a vanilla game sooner or later, but it will take a little while. 

E: lol spoiler alert

Edited by Voltex

We've already got three games going on at once, however, combined with the fact that G&T has slipped into a slump in the past week. We're basically at maximum capacity.

I'm not saying that we won't see a vanilla game sooner or later, but it will take a little while. At least two main series games.

Two main series games later sounds like a reasonable estimate. As for the slump, I imagine that it's due to mid-terms and the like. I think that within a week or so things will be back to normal. As to G&T being at maximum capacity, I think that the current slump makes it hard to actually determine whether or not that's the case. It is worth noting that Persistent Souls filled up within a day or two, with several members wanting to join who didn't get the chance.

Whether or not a vanilla series has a place is a different matter, but with Bionicle's return, I won't be surprised if an influx of new players occurs.

EDIT: It might be worth noting that the next Mafia game on Rock Raiders United has been delayed a week due to some members being too busy with school. And we're talking about a vanilla game with likely no more than nine players.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

"OOPS! YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO VIEW THIS TOPIC."

Silly RRU.

Oh bother. For whatever reason, it would seem that Cyrem didn't want the forum games to be viewed by non-members. Peculiar. I'll ask him about it, not that it's terribly important.

gZsNWyr.png

The current absence of game progress has given me an idea.

It seems to me that a slump like we currently have is bad for the morale of BZP Mafia-players. Granted, I believe that it is primarily down to school, and shall thus cease within a few weeks. However, I fear that it might gut the current Mafia games, and reduce the number of Mafia players considerably. We must avoid this outcome, if at all possible. To this end I propose an auxiliary series of games. Technically, Pupwa's current game fills this role, but it never received approval on this topic (we need some way of enforcing this process,) and its status as a game is questionable (to me, at least.) I don't mean this an insult, I simply suspect that Pupwa is messing with us.

The potential Auxiliary Series would operate as follows: A new game would only come into being when all of the current Mafia games have been static for a certain amount of time. It would be comparatively simple, probably a vanilla game. It would lack a specific amount of slots, having only as many players as have signed-up after a certain period of time (though some minimum amount would be necessary, of course.) The number of Mafiosi, Doctors, and Detectives would be determined accordingly.

That's all for now. What do you lot think of the idea? Would you be willing to condone such a series? Would you condone it at this time?

gZsNWyr.png

To be honest, I don't know what I think of it?

Like, as a system I think it works, but overall I think that we gain more from a less strict structure then we gain from a bunch of rules and such. To give an example, let's look at the wiki. (no wait don't do that right now I am super far behind. Just finished XIII last, I think.)

But basically I made this wiki to log one of my favorite strategies at the time, something I dubbed "Lloydtiming". Thing is, because I gave a name to it, the next six or seven main series games were defined by this strategy. Same goes with the type system, to the point where we took a simple joke and made it wayyy too complex. 

I don't know, seems to me like we should only have Mafia games going when we have people to host them, and if the current games are stalled then either we move on or, if that is undesirable, then we create another game on the side. 

*shrug* 

basically I think it should be kinda as circumstances dictate. Although I do also believe that any other games should be run by and not just popping up everywhere. Even if that is only for my sanity when I do catch up on the wiki haha.

• Upvote 5

I understand your concern for the activity in BZP Mafia, but we've all been around here for a long, long time. Honestly, I saw more people quit (Snoopy, Necro, etc.) in the first age than I have since BIONICLE ended, and the only people that I can remember 'quitting' recently are Lloyd, who disappeared, Xae, who's apparently been busy, and Tyler, whom we apparently hanged too many times? If you're going to be concerned about anything, it should probably be the mental integrity of those that have stayed this long. =P

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 3

So my game, sans Pupwa.

Not really, unless you're actually hosting a vanilla Mafia game.

I don't know, seems to me like we should only have Mafia games going when we have people to host them, and if the current games are stalled then either we move on or, if that is undesirable, then we create another game on the side. 

*shrug* 

basically I think it should be kinda as circumstances dictate. Although I do also believe that any other games should be run by and not just popping up everywhere. Even if that is only for my sanity when I do catch up on the wiki haha.

That was essentially my idea, given that, as I see it, there will always be at least one person willing and able to host.

I understand your concern for the activity in BZP Mafia, but we've all been around here for a long, long time. Honestly, I saw more people quit (Snoopy, Necro, etc.) in the first age than I have since BIONICLE ended, and the only people that I can remember 'quitting' recently are Lloyd, who disappeared, Xae, who's apparently been busy, and Tyler, whom we apparently hanged too many times? If you're going to be concerned about anything, it should probably be the mental integrity of those that have stayed this long. =P

- :burnmad:

That's comforting to know. I guess that this doesn't qualify as an emergency situation, then.

gZsNWyr.png

Heck no. While it might be a little slow, there is activity in Mafia XVII (and even then, part of that lack of activity is the very small number of players still alive). Ninjago Mafia is on a bit of a delay while MT resets it. No idea what's up with Dapper's game, mind.

If we're going to structure Mafia as a series, I think we should stop it at "you need to check for approval from other players first". That way we don't end up with like, six different games at once. 

• Upvote 3

If we're going to structure Mafia as a series, I think we should stop it at "you need to check for approval from other players first". That way we don't end up with like, six different games at once. 

We need a way of enforcing this. Would Windrider be willing to make this a part of the official G&T rules?

gZsNWyr.png