The Elder Scrolls

Add Assassin's blade perk and about 43 at One-Handed Weapons and it should be possible, normally. Instead, it isn't! It seems like brute force is the only way to eliminate them.And know what? Markarth guards are even more annoying than everyone. You've made me desire to kill some of them, maybe I'll also attack Calcelmo. Stupid mage.
Brute force should be good enough. Just don't stand still and attack them when they're blocking. Markarth is filled with stairs and stuff. You can jump over them, then run around and strike them in the back. It might be harder to do with a PS3 or XBox, but on the PC it shouldn't be too hard. But yeah, you can get strikes in from behind and take them out with daggers.Bonus points if you manage to 1HKO a few with Mehrunes Razor.Except for my main. Even though the armor cap is only 560 or something, I made his 1000 just to see if I could get it that high. It's completely pointless, but it's still there. I can't really be hurt by anything except drowning.On that subject - do you know how hard it is to find a stupid water breathing enchantment? It's like they don't even exist. But they do, both the Good Wiki and the Evil Wiki say you can find them. So I'm scrounging the entire land of Skyrim so I can find at least one decent enchantment for my head slot item.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
I actually found a Glass Helm with underwater breathing enchantment in a chest. But I think it's very rare. I'm level 42 now and it has been the only Glass armor part I could find, apart from two Glass shields. Even Ebony pieces are more common than Glass.
And know what? Markarth guards are even more annoying than everyone. You've made me desire to kill some of them, maybe I'll also attack Calcelmo. Stupid mage.
What did Calcelmo do?The Reach remains the only hold I've ever had a bounty I acquired without accidently stealing something. That Forsworn quest. Killed like fifteen guards trying to escape. Wanted to set it up where I'd bust back into the city and like assassinate the Captain of the Guards, or the Jailer or the Jarl or something [but IIRC the Jarl was uninvolved in that quest] but instead I just got arrested by a bunch of Imperials when I was doing Alduin's Wall.*grumble*
Calcelmo wouldn't allow me to let me continue on that quest where you have to obtain Calcelmo's instructions to translate Falmer language. I needed it for a Thieves' guild quest, the one where you must translate Gallus' diary.As for the Forsworn quest, I've just done it. If you wanna know something, well, listen:

let them arrest you. They'll take you to the prison, where, to escape, you'll have to join the Forsworns. Their leader will let you escape with them and he'll also give you back everything you had at the time of the arrest. When you'll be in Markarth again, you can either choose to kill the Forsworns without getting a bounty or the guards. But, as you've already done this quest, this probably won't be of any help.

let them arrest you. They'll take you to the prison, where, to escape, you'll have to join the Forsworns. Their leader will let you escape with them and he'll also give you back everything you had at the time of the arrest. When you'll be in Markarth again, you can either choose to kill the Forsworns without getting a bounty or the guards. But, as you've already done this quest, this probably won't be of any help.

Have to join the forsworn? Screw that. I just turned into a werewolf, killed them all, took his key, and then escaped through the tunnel. Silvermane greets you outside, thanking you for getting rid of the problem. He then tells you you're cleared of all charges, gives you back all your stuff and then gives you his ring which makes smithing 15% better.

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

The way I see it, The Reach doesn't need to be under Nord control. The Forsworn may all be completely insane, but when the Aldmeri come, I'd rather have them in charge of the Reach and defending it instead of having High King Ulfric wasting his time on a dangerous and unnecessary region. When the Elves come, they'll no doubt go for the independent Reach first, and lose lots of men in the process of marching on Markath. Envoys will be sent for an alliance, and the previous War will be forgotten. We then crush the elven army in the Reach from two sides, and have the Reach partially under our control.So I left Madanach alive. Doesn't stop me from massacring Forsworn who try to stop me. In due time, they'll realize "that dude with the set of Daedric Armor and a golden, tusked mask is best left alone".Deep Wood Redoubt, I think it's called. It's a small dungeon that leads to a huge valley, with Hags End on the other side. Forsworn everywhere. Storm Call at third level has never been more fun.Also, I later went to Cidnha Mine and killed all of the guards. I then tried to see what happens if you get arrested. Turns out you're kind of in a bad place. Oh well. Whatever.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Gah! Painful choices-Werewolf or Vampire Lord? Both have perks...very...very nice perks and I'm playing a spellsword, so they both offer me solid advantages....Gah!

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

If it helps make a decision Basilisk, evidently when you're turned into a Vampire Lord, you're cleansed of your lycanthropy, but can get it back if you change your mind (which is new, since as far as I know, without Dawnguard, if you cure yourself at the end of the Companions quest, there's no way to become one again). So you can try out the Vampire Lord, and if you like werewolf better you can switch back at some point.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Mm. Started a new game, turns out, once you start the main quest and all those good bits, very very *very* tough vampires start raiding towns. So I'll be...well, shall we say, "getting lost" soon after escaping Alduin for the first time.I figure I'll level up to level twenty while I'm..."lost". Gonna need it to fight those things. I'll play as a solid mage this time through, with plans to upgrade to Vampire Lord. I'm more skilled playing a mage then a melee fighter. With those vampires I'm going to need all the help I can get.....An UNDEAD ARMY should do the trick."Go forth my undead slaves! Save the land! Slay the vampires!" :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Also, after beating the Dawnguard questline, you can ask a certain someone to turn you back into a vampire lord. You don't even have to side with the vampires. Pretty sure this means you can just go between a vampire lord and werewolf infinitely.Also, I love being a werewolf way more than being a vampire. Vampires are cool and all what with all the new powers, but I find that I do way more damage with my werewolf. Granted, I have my werewolf fully leveled in the perk tree, and only like 3 perks for my vampire character, but still. With my werewolf's sprinting attack, I can 1 hit kill most enemies, including higher level enemies like bandit chiefs or forsworn marauders. I can almost kill a briar heart in 1 hit too. If you find yourself in a 1 on 1 scenario versus a very powerful enemy, I think the vampire lord might be better since you can refill your health just by using health drain. However, in the case of multiple enemies, I think werewolf is way better. Multiple enemies attacking you? No problem. Knock two of them to the ground with your power attack, and then kill another one and eat his corpse, refilling your health. Then use the totem of brotherhood to summon two werewolves to help you fight.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Sneaking is hard man ]:
I find the best way to raise your sneak is at low level to sneak+bow and use one-handed in melee. Once your sneak is 30 or 40 you can start with backstabs, which raise your sneak an incredible amount, and your one-handed since it's the damage you deal that determines skill experience. Once you reach sneak 90, you're pretty much impossible to find - Falmer become the easiest enemy in the game, including Skeevers and Mudcrabs. So it's worth it. :P@ UK; Did they fix the armor rating for Werewolves? In vanilla game, a Mammoth becomes an impenetrable bulwark of spiky damage. Which isn't fun when all you have is an extra 100 health without your enchantments. Need just a bit of armor rating.@ Basilisk; Vampires? Tough? Have a Dawnbreaker, my good man. Available at a mere 10th level. Great against Vampires. Unless you're also a Vampire. That might be bad. I don't know, really.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Have to join the forsworn? Screw that. I just turned into a werewolf, killed them all, took his key, and then escaped through the tunnel. Silvermane greets you outside, thanking you for getting rid of the problem. He then tells you you're cleared of all charges, gives you back all your stuff and then gives you his ring which makes smithing 15% better.

~U_K~

Yup, that's possible, too. In my character's story, Silvermane got killed by the Forsworns as they escaped from Markarth's Ruins. However, your way of completing that mission is funnier than mine, IMO. :)

Sneaking is hard man ]:
I find the best way to raise your sneak is at low level to sneak+bow and use one-handed in melee. Once your sneak is 30 or 40 you can start with backstabs, which raise your sneak an incredible amount, and your one-handed since it's the damage you deal that determines skill experience. Once you reach sneak 90, you're pretty much impossible to find - Falmer become the easiest enemy in the game, including Skeevers and Mudcrabs. So it's worth it. :P@ UK; Did they fix the armor rating for Werewolves? In vanilla game, a Mammoth becomes an impenetrable bulwark of spiky damage. Which isn't fun when all you have is an extra 100 health without your enchantments. Need just a bit of armor rating.@ Basilisk; Vampires? Tough? Have a Dawnbreaker, my good man. Available at a mere 10th level. Great against Vampires. Unless you're also a Vampire. That might be bad. I don't know, really.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Actually yep, Bethesda did think of that, if you wield Dawnbreaker as a vampire, you'll take the same special damage from the fire explosion as enemy undead. Quite hilarious when you find that out by accident lol.
rahkshi_symbol.png

I'm facing Master Vampire raids at level 10. I'm just going to wait until they patch this. I've heard of entire towns be depopulated by these things-and to top it off, there's a "traveler" who kills NPC's in their homes. The world is already pretty empty in regards to people due to graphic's constraints, I don't want it emptied even more.

I'm facing Master Vampire raids at level 10. I'm just going to wait until they patch this. I've heard of entire towns be depopulated by these things-and to top it off, there's a "traveler" who kills NPC's in their homes. The world is already pretty empty in regards to people due to graphic's constraints, I don't want it emptied even more.
This is another thing that's awesome about Morrowind on a non-digital copy. Because you're not relying on the internet, and just your computer, if you have a good enough computer you can have a bajillion things running if you were only normally able to run Skyrim.Namely, there was this awesome moderator that added wandering NPCs and random quests like in Daggerfall that made Morrowind as infinite as Skyrim is now. Only with more to begin with.Like spears. And pants. To block arrows to the knee.
Actually yep, Bethesda did think of that, if you wield Dawnbreaker as a vampire, you'll take the same special damage from the fire explosion as enemy undead. Quite hilarious when you find that out by accident lol.
This is Meridia's way of saying 'You're champion of the light not champion of the night, now shut up and get your black soul gem'-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Skyrim is making us all farmers, wearing overalls n stuff..UESP tells me I can just hide from the wounded soldier in the Temple of Kynareth. I shall do this, then AFK until my Sneak is 100. This is my gameplan. I expect I will not be able to do anything else for some great deal of time.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Sneaking is hard man ]:
Is it bad that I got Level 100 Sneak or so around Level 17 or something. I may have snuck alot. :PAlso I'm unfortunately plagued by the Forsworn Conspiracy Glitch and thus can't advance the plot.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Luckiest discovery ever done by me today: 8 Daedric Arrows on a Centurion Warrior. They're apparently the rarest arrows to find.

I'm finding that Sneaking is one of those things that just gets progressively easier and easier
Yeah, it's pretty easy to get up to 100. It's the only ability I've been able to max so far. Archery seems to be easy, too.

Luckiest discovery ever done by me today: 8 Daedric Arrows on a Centurion Warrior. They're apparently the rarest arrows to find.
With decent sneak/pickpocket skill, you can go find one of the soldiers practicing their bow aim and plce a single Daedric Arrow on him/her. They will then proceed to equip it, but since NPCs have infinite ammo they can shoot and shoot and shoot and not waste it. Then you can walk over to their training target and pick out a bunch of Daedric Arrows. Note that this may not work with every NPC. Some may refuse to equip it and revert to standard iron/steel arrows, similar to the follower bug where they revert to default equipment.
Yeah, it's pretty easy to get up to 100. It's the only ability I've been able to max so far. Archery seems to be easy, too.
Conjuration, too, is pretty easy because you get such massive boosts from Soul Trap.

With decent sneak/pickpocket skill, you can go find one of the soldiers practicing their bow aim and plce a single Daedric Arrow on him/her. They will then proceed to equip it, but since NPCs have infinite ammo they can shoot and shoot and shoot and not waste it. Then you can walk over to their training target and pick out a bunch of Daedric Arrows. Note that this may not work with every NPC. Some may refuse to equip it and revert to standard iron/steel arrows, similar to the follower bug where they revert to default equipment.
Conjuration, too, is pretty easy because you get such massive boosts from Soul Trap.
In facts, I wanted to put one of them on a Guard or follower. I've already done it with Glass and Ebony Arrows.As for Conjuration, I've sprinted it from 20 to 53 casting lots of Flame Atronachs, Draugrs and Swords. I never use Soul Trap, I have two weapons with the matching enchantment.

Not sure what bow I should use. On one hand, I have a daedric bow with at least 100 daedric arrows that I can put two enchantments on. On the other, I have an enhanced dwarven crossbow that automatically ignores 50% of all armor, and it's equipped with exploding dwarven bolts of shock. Overall, the daedric arrows and bow do way more damage, so I'll probably be using that.Loving the new Falmer hardened armor as well. Not so much the boots or helmet, but I love the cuirass and gauntlets.Also, I'm not usually a fan of two handed weapons, but their's one Dawnguard two handed hammer that I simply cannot resist, especially since it's helping me power level 3 skills at once. The special thing about this hammer is that whenever you bash a surface while you're blocking, it creates a fire rune on the ground. It's really amazing. And it's great because it doesn't even need to charge this enchantment, it's just an active effect. It has helped me level my two handed, block, and destruction skills so quickly.Also, can't wait to get a special shield in my shield mage playthrough. It's a heavy armor shield that stores the damage from blocking and releases it through a super power bash.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Also, can't wait to get a special shield in my shield mage playthrough. It's a heavy armor shield that stores the damage from blocking and releases it through a super power bash.~U_K~
Isn't it one the Daedric artifacts?
Nope. That's Spellbreaker. It just creates a ward. I'd say the name of this one, but it might be considered a spoiler, even if it isn't related to the main Dawnguard quest.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Also, can't wait to get a special shield in my shield mage playthrough. It's a heavy armor shield that stores the damage from blocking and releases it through a super power bash.~U_K~
Isn't it one the Daedric artifacts?
Nope. That's Spellbreaker. It just creates a ward. I'd say the name of this one, but it might be considered a spoiler, even if it isn't related to the main Dawnguard quest.~U_K~
Ah, I see.

So I just finished the College of Winterhold questline, I really enjoyed it, and Labyrinthian was probably my favorite part of it, and probably my favorite dungeon overall.Arch-mage robes are awesome too, much better than the Apprentice robes of Conjuration I was using before.Also, does anyone know of some good gloves that don't clip with Mage robes? I have the regular gloves, but they clip kinda badly with the arch-mage robes.~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

My goodness. Just finished up a big sidequest that was included with Dawnguard. The reward I picked of the 3 that was offered is amazing.No story spoilers, just a description of what each of the 3 items did.

Okay, so you could choose to have either A: a dwarven shield, B: a dwarven summoning rod, or C: a circlet.For the shield, when you bash people with it, they become ethereal for 15 seconds, not attacking you, but also being invincible.The summoning rod was cool. It apparently summons a dwarven sphere or spider.However, the one I picked and IMO, the best one was the crown/circlet (especially since I can still wear the Jagged crown with it). This enables you to have 2 standing stones active at the same time, as long as you're wearing it. Now I can have the Lover stone AND the Lord stone.

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Companion quests is hard ]:Especially when Farkas keeps blowing my ###### cover
Just get the Ultimate Follower Overhaul moderator, it fixes a lot of-- oh wait, PS3. In that case, you''re better off leaving your companion in the previous doorway when you try to sneak. Farkas, though, may be annoying in that he is required on that mission and won't stand still when you tell him to; I can't remember. I played a sword-wielding mage on my first run, so sneak attacks were usually out of the question.

So I found some gloves that go nicely with the arch-mage robes, the Thalmor gloves. I was planning on going back to Ancano's corpse, since I thought he still had some on him, but I guess it despawned. So I ended up just spawning them in because I was too lazy to go find some Thalmor to Kill/loot, along with the boots, which also look nice with the Robes, though they make it look like you have no legs.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg