OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Guys! I have a friend working at NYCC, and he told my what the BIONICLE Reveal is going to be! And it is...

The Mask of Creation!

They're going to have a giant, brick built Mask of Creation, a giant banner of the Mask of Creation, they'll be raffling off preview BIONICLE sets- a polybag of the Mask of Creation!

They'll also be revealing the first trailer for the TV series, featuring a narrator narrating- about the Mask of Creation!

This will be the best comic con ever!

(This is a joke in case you couldn't tell...but it still could be true at this point)

If it's a joke, what's funny about it?

It is a secret joke that I do not get either.

The joke is clearly that twice Lego has announced a Bionicle teaser and twice it's featured only the Mask of Creation, as opposed to things like sets that some people are more interested in seeing. I personally don't mind it, but I can see how some people might be a little miffed.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Guys! I have a friend working at NYCC, and he told my what the BIONICLE Reveal is going to be! And it is...

The Mask of Creation!

They're going to have a giant, brick built Mask of Creation, a giant banner of the Mask of Creation, they'll be raffling off preview BIONICLE sets- a polybag of the Mask of Creation!

They'll also be revealing the first trailer for the TV series, featuring a narrator narrating- about the Mask of Creation!

(This is a joke in case you couldn't tell...but it still could be true at this point)

The funny thing is that if all leaks are ignored, we only know that Bionicle is back and that there's Mask of Creation. The thirst is real these times, and concept art of a mask we already knew about is just making us more thirsty. If the NYCC announcement is only about the MoCr, we're gonna have a tough holiday.

Edit: Kapura'd.

Edited by Rider Of Spiders
  • Upvote 1

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

The Mask of Creation!

The joke is clearly that twice Lego has announced a Bionicle teaser and twice it's featured only the Mask of Creation, as opposed to things like sets that some people are more interested in seeing. I personally don't mind it, but I can see how some people might be a little miffed.

I see then.

Given there's at least three months to go before the line actually starts I think it's reasonable that they don't want to reveal very much at this time. I mean, how much about Bionicle was revealed in September 2000?

Not much, but back then the Internet didn't have as many cats...

Er, forgive my ignorance here, but what's a cat?  (I'm assuming you're not referring to the animal).

Also, It is already nearly October.  If they revealed the first Bionicle back in September 2100, they're behind schedule now.  Wasn't the MNOG unveiled first?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Not much, but back then the Internet didn't have as many cats...

Er, forgive my ignorance here, but what's a cat? (I'm assuming you're not referring to the animal).

Well, the Internet contains multiple thousands of cat memes, LOLcats and videos/GIFs with cats chasing a laser pointer etc.
  • Upvote 2

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

The Mask of Creation!

The last 3 pieces of bionicle news we've had we're about the mask of creation. It's just that people we devastated if this huge reveal was yet another picture of the mask of creation

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Plot twist, Bionicle 2015 is actually the Mask of Creation 2015. The whole thing was a clever ploy. The theme will be all about the Mask of Creation. Everything about it. All about the mask. All of it.

I can't wait to buy the special Creation-Colored Nail Polish!

bZpOwEr

This video may help your worry and confusion:

Now I understand.

Banana Gunz, on 27 Sept 2014 - 3:42 PM, said:

Plot twist, Bionicle 2015 is actually the Mask of Creation 2015. The whole thing was a clever ploy. The theme will be all about the Mask of Creation. Everything about it. All about the mask. All of it.

That... makes no sense. How can something be creation-colored?

(Also, Lego doesn't market Nail Polish. do they?)

You know, I had a thought: if this is a reboot, who created the Mask of Creation? Who has access to pure magic and solid gold? The Great Beings? At the very least, it needs a creator... wait a second. Remember that BZP April fool's joke where they supposedly asked Greg a lot of question, and he said the Shadowed One's name was Krakalin? 'Greg' also said -- I think -- that the Mask of Creation created itself in a Time loop. And that's how 2015 will only have the Mask of Creation.

Willess12, on 27 Sept 2014 - 4:27 PM, said:

This video may help your worry and confusion:

Now I understand.

Banana Gunz, on 27 Sept 2014 - 3:42 PM, said:

That... makes no sense. How can something be creation-colored?

(Also, Lego doesn't market Nail Polish. do they?)

It's a...well...just, um...nevermind. Forget it.

I don't mean to sound rude. Just confused. And then I wondered if there ever was Lego Nail Polish. I guess it sounded kinda rude, how I worded it, but I word things oddly when I'm confused. I probably shouldn't've said anything, since I obviously didn't know what you were talking about.

And the parenthetical statement was just me including a random related fact, which I often do.

Edited by -Windrider-

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I don't mean to sound rude. Just confused. And then I wondered if there ever was Lego Nail Polish. I guess it sounded kinda rude, how I worded it, but I word things oddly when I'm confused. I probably shouldn't've said anything, since I obviously didn't know what you were talking about.

And the parenthetical statement was just me including a random related fact, which I often do.

I was making a joke, I don't actually believe that Lego will make Creative-Colored Nail Polish. 

Of course, if they did...

bZpOwEr

I was making a joke, I don't actually believe that Lego will make Creative-Colored Nail Polish. 

Of course, if they did...

Now I'm not a girl, but that would still definitely be something I would buy.

• Upvote 1

Why stop at making creation-colored things?  Let's have a rainbow with all eight colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Purple, and Creation.

Hey, I wonder if that's actually possible?

I'd say that we're getting off-topic, but this is the Bionicle 2015 topic, and all we know of Bionicle 2015 is the Mask of Creation, so...

Hey, I just had a thought.  All the colors are on the rainbow except brown.  Brown(Po) Matoran are into creation... so maybe Creation is like the color brown, or something like that.

Edit: finishes this post, jumps to BS01, discovers that the most recent change is to the Creation page.  Ironic.

Edited by Willess12

I want creation-colored nail polish and funmetal-colored nail polish. One color for each hand!

Swag! Add imagination-colored toenail polish and you've got the whole kit and caboodle! 

We could also get little kanohi printed on our nails on top of the color coat. We would be so stylin' you don't even know.

I want creation-colored nail polish and funmetal-colored nail polish. One color for each hand!

Swag! Add imagination-colored toenail polish and you've got the whole kit and caboodle! 

We could also get little kanohi printed on our nails on top of the color coat. We would be so stylin' you don't even know.

*Squeal*, yes! We could even convert Tahu's sword into a hair curler! 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

And make little ear rings out of Gali's hooks! Yaaaas. This is like, so kawaii right now, like omg.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 2

And make little ear rings out of Gali's hooks! Yaaaas. This is like, so kawaii right now, like omg.

Yaaaaaass! Like...#Fabulous! We can even get our nails shaped into Onua's claws! But first, let's go to Red Starbuks. 

bZpOwEr

I think you're forgetting the icy cold Kopaka sword lip gloss. 

*snaps fingers* 

Right there!

Bionicle 2015 is gonna be so CA-UTE!!!

Let's make some cutesy t-shirts! I imagine a pink shirt with Pohatu on front with a caption saying "Rock Star". With little hearts! Pohatu is so like, my dream toa. *giggles*

Please don't drain my proto...

It's only been one day since we got any new info and already this thread has been derailed into insanity. Kids these days...

(to stay on topic: i hope that we get more mask recolors this time around in bionicle. the fact that most masks after 2003 only ever came in once color was super lame)

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

Sorry, couldn't help myself. The conversation was going to perfectly. The temptation took over. It was so worth it. I'm sure we all wanted to join in. Y'all are just too shy.   :P

*snip*

(to stay on topic: i hope that we get more mask recolors this time around in bionicle. the fact that most masks after 2003 only ever came in once color was super lame)

I one-hundred percent agree with this. If Lego has listened to a single thing that we've wanted, they would know we have been asking for more mask colors. It just feels like a waste every time they make a cool new mask but it only comes in one color. MOCing your own Bionicle character becomes so much more limited because your masks are limited to the colors you want to use.

Edited by Banana Gunz

It's only been one day since we got any new info and already this thread has been derailed into insanity. Kids these days...

I've always found a solution to that being the dye method. I have two Volitaks, and I'm thinking about making one of them pink. 

But yes, it would be nice to get some more recolorations that came in sets. 

bZpOwEr

There should be a new element, Cute, and its primary color would be pink and secondary purple. The masks would have huge kawaii anime eyes. These Toa could do things like instantly cute-ify things or shoot a beam of puppies. They could also absorb cuteness as well...

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Regardless of the fact that an element of "cute" would never happen (for a variety of reasons that I don't have the patience to list), I would not label it pink and purple. 

It's gotta be fluffy and white, like a kitten.

That said, I'd much rather we see some sets based on Toa of Gravity or Lightning this time around. Or maybe Iron.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of the fact that an element of "cute" would never happen (for a variety of reasons that I don't have the patience to list), I would not label it pink and purple. 

It's gotta be fluffy and white, like a kitten.

That said, I'd much rather we see some sets based on Toa of Gravity or Lightning this time around. Or maybe Iron.

I've always had a soft spot for the Magnetism and Sonic elements. They appeal to me the most. 

bZpOwEr

I actually don't like the extended family much at all. My fanon extended family was always Lightning/electricity, Venom/Poison/Acid, Crystal, and maybe sonics. I want to add more to the list but I can't tell which one's would fit well. I'm thinking toa of metal (can control all types of metals like gold, silver, iron, etc) but they would not be able control the metallic protodermis in other beings. That leaves me with one more open slot...

I would love to see that happen. I'd like to see a plot change where they discover Three Finger Island after a while and they find matoran of those elements living their with their own toa. Just an idea.

What type of merchandise other than sets would you fellows be willing to see? Would you like a return of pens or such? I personally wouldn't mind it and would love to show off my love for Bionicle but TBH if I were to have spare money that could be spent on Lego I would rather buy the sets.

Board games.  We need bored games.

Don't lie to yourselves, Bionicle underwear would be genius. You know you would buy it.

In terms of a video game, Hero Factory never got one, but it has had many smaller games made for it. If I remember correctly Chima got a l MOG or something along those lines. I really can't remember. I hope Bionicle gets one. I would imagine it to be real cool. If new Bionicle is successful, I'm sure we'll see a video game, just not right away.

Note: I was referring to this old thing.

Also, people seem to be interpreting Bionicle 2015 to be the Big Theme for this next year, much like Chima was in 2013. Chima got a mmo, an actual video game, plus a tv show and a ton of other promos. If this is true, a simple video game wouldn't be far off.

Lol! I never saw that before. That's just too hilarious!

To the second part: I do see Bionicle as being a pretty big thing. I don't see it being pushed to be as big as Chima but I'm sure Lego has pretty darn high expectations for it. So far it's gotten an early reveal/announcement (2-3 months early, that's pretty early!) and plans on getting a thing at NYCC. Lego generally seems to push it's story themes heavily, like Ninjago and Chima, whereas smaller themes like Ultra Agents sort of just come and go. Bionicle will definitely be significant, and like most significant themes, it'll probably get a video game.

If Bionicle is a reboot, I'm wondering how close it'll stay to the original story. If we can assume Bionicle can last about five years, they'll burn a lot of story. Will they eventually start taking inspiration from the later Ignition years or go on a completely different route?

• Upvote 1

Yaaaaaass! Like...#Fabulous! We can even get our nails shaped into Onua's claws! But first, let's go to Red Starbuks. 

I think you're forgetting the icy cold Kopaka sword lip gloss. 

*snaps fingers* 

Right there!

Bionicle 2015 is gonna be so CA-UTE!!!

Let's make some cutesy t-shirts! I imagine a pink shirt with Pohatu on front with a caption saying "Rock Star". With little hearts! Pohatu is so like, my dream toa. *giggles*

*Facedesks multiple times*

Board games.  We need bored games.

Yeah!

And an awesome video game! Of the like we never had before!

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Don't lie to yourselves, Bionicle underwear would be genius. You know you would buy it.

In terms of a video game, Hero Factory never got one, but it has had many smaller games made for it. If I remember correctly Chima got a l MOG or something along those lines. I really can't remember. I hope Bionicle gets one. I would imagine it to be real cool. If new Bionicle is successful, I'm sure we'll see a video game, just not right away.

I would be wearing the Bionicle underwear on the OUTSIDE of my pants! 

I'm curious to see what Lego can do with a Bionicle video game. They could make it similar to most of their other minifigure-based games, or they could try something new and innovative. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr