OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I'd wait until the summer wave. Unless you plan on buying all of them, I would advise waiting to see which one's you really want for this year, and then prioritizing which one's you're getting for sure to which one's don't interest you as much.

But I get it if the hype doesn't wait out for you.  :D

I'm still really thinking about what we might get for the summer wave. I feel like we might get a bigger villain than the one rumored in the leaks. The Mask of Creation might come with that set, or possibly there will be a specific being to wear the mask and they'll be a titan as well. Maybe we'll get Turaga? 

Wait, there are people who don't buy them all???

All I know is that taking the possible return of some sort of brown into account, I'm probably going for that. I haven't had a set with brown since 2005. (i don't really count the vorox) 

Yeah, bright orange and yellow, though not completely unrealistic, just felt a little odd on toa of stone. It probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if they used brown as well, but sadly they didn't. 

I do wonder why brown was dropped. Oh Lego, you never cease to amaze me. 

• Upvote 1

All I know is that taking the possible return of some sort of brown into account, I'm probably going for that. I haven't had a set with brown since 2005. (i don't really count the vorox) 

Yeah, bright orange and yellow, though not completely unrealistic, just felt a little odd on toa of stone. It probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if they used brown as well, but sadly they didn't. 

Probably because it didn't sell well. It would make sense that people thought that brown was the least desirable of all six colors.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Probably because it didn't sell well. It would make sense that people thought that brown was the least desirable of all six colors.

True, that actually makes sense to me. It still looks great to me though. I do see someone ditching a brown set for maybe a bright green set. It just pops a bit more I suppose.

If I buy all the sets coming out in the winter wave, I probably won't buy them all at once. It would hurt my wallet too much if I did. :P  Instead I would buy them separately, maybe one or two at a time. That way I don't burn through too much of my money at one time. 

On the discussion of brown pieces, I also wouldn't mind seeing them return. It was a pretty neat color on the earlier Bionicle sets. (Like Onewa, Pohato Mata and Pohatu Nuva, to name a few examples.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If I buy all the sets coming out in the winter wave, I probably won't buy them all at once. It would hurt my wallet too much if I did. :P  Instead I would buy them separately, maybe one or two at a time. That way I don't burn through too much of my money at one time. 

On the discussion of brown pieces, I also wouldn't mind seeing them return. It was a pretty neat color on the earlier Bionicle sets. (Like Onewa, Pohato Mata and Pohatu Nuva, to name a few examples.)

Yellow Pohatu, coming next year.

If there will be a Tahu. ;)

Stick to the plan an the mods will never know what we're talking about.

You assume that there will be a Tahu (which, admittedly, would be a safe assumption, considering that Tahu was as close to a mascot as Bionicle ever got). If there is, then yes, I would expect a comparison. It would be neat to see.

Yeah, it's a very safe assumption that Tahu is coming back. He's the most iconic Bionicle character, and if you wanted to bring back Bionicle and attract the older fans you'd start with someone as memorable as him. Anyway, we'll all know for sure in a few days...

*facepalms*

I'd just get them all at once. :shrugs: That way I know exactly how much financial injury I'm getting. 

Its impossible to get them all at once, unless you have a small fortune stored somewhere.

The only sets I ever managed to get ALMOST all at once were the Toa Ignika.

So, if I'm forced to make a choice, wich I no doubt am, I'd go for brown, green, red, or white.

I'll stay away from black because... reasons.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I'd just get them all at once. :shrugs: That way I know exactly how much financial injury I'm getting. 

Its impossible to get them all at once, unless you have a small fortune stored somewhere.

So, if I'm forced to make a choice, wich I no doubt am, I'd go for brown, green, red, or white.

Approx:

$15*6=$90 for canisters

$10*6=$60 for smaller wave (if there is one)

=$150

That's actually not as bad as I thought.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr

Approx:

$15*6=$90 for canisters

$10*6=$60 for smaller wave (if there is one)

=$150

That's actually not as bad as I thought.

I got euros, not dollars.

here it would be:

The Toa and the bad guys = €12/€15 a piece.

Matorans or similar = €5 a piece

Any titans = €21/€25 a piece

That regardless of wave.

So I'd have to spend over €200...

Edited by Tattorack

I'd just be getting the Toa Mata, TBH, and maybe the jungle smaller set. That would be $100. *whistles* Time for zee tripz to zee bankz!

Although I thought that some of the Mata would be $10 sets, but that's probably wishful thinking. 

Edited by fishers64

Is there any particular order you will buy the sets in, assuming they keep the same 6 colors as original? Will you buy them in order of your first Toa Mata sets? Favorite colors? All at once? This is troublesome for me cause I'm like ocd about nostalgic things like this, and if they release the Toa Mata characters, I want to get them in the same order, but I've forgotten what that order is o.O

I intend to but them to buy them all at once, I'm going to get a lot of the money from my parents at Christmas and I have a lot of money saved in my bank account, I believe it will cost me roughly 160 pounds.

It's time to move on.

I just hope Lego doesn't jack up the prices because they know old fans will spend lots to get the new sets.

Doubtful. Older fans are not as reliable an audience as new fans. Not only do older fans typically have much more specific expectations, but they're also often at an age where they will have misgivings about spending a lot of money on toys.

Judging from what we've seen in Hero Factory these past few years, I think we can expect the prices for next year to be fairly equitable by constraction standards — perhaps around 20 cents per piece on average. That's not unlike what many classic BIONICLE sets would typically offer. Of course, that doesn't mean they'll be CHEAP, just that they'll be a fair value in terms of parts and complexity.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

Is there any particular order you will buy the sets in, assuming they keep the same 6 colors as original? Will you buy them in order of your first Toa Mata sets? Favorite colors? All at once? This is troublesome for me cause I'm like ocd about nostalgic things like this, and if they release the Toa Mata characters, I want to get them in the same order, but I've forgotten what that order is o.O

I intend to but them to buy them all at once, I'm going to get a lot of the money from my parents at Christmas and I have a lot of money saved in my bank account, I believe it will cost me roughly 160 pounds.

You assume that you will get money? Hmmph.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

You assume that you will get money? Hmmph.

I usually get at least 50 pounds from each of them.

It's time to move on.

I'd just be getting the Toa Mata, TBH, and maybe the jungle smaller set. That would be $100. *whistles* Time for zee tripz to zee bankz!

Although I thought that some of the Mata would be $10 sets, but that's probably wishful thinking. 

Tongue slip much?

Doubtful. Older fans are not as reliable an audience as new fans. Not only do older fans typically have much more specific expectations, but they're also often at an age where they will have misgivings about spending a lot of money on toys.

Yeah, I largely want the return of Bionicle because of its story.

The toys are cool, I have no doubt I will buy a few if I get the chance, but the story is what the real juicy parts are to me (always has though, as soon as I found out Bionicle HAD a story.

That was shortly after discovering MNOG... hha.... sweet nostalgia).

Tongue slip much?

What, you mean the Toa Mata aren't coming back? Darn. 

Oh well, it was a fine dream, wouldn't you say?

• Upvote 3

Tongue slip much?

What, you mean the Toa Mata aren't coming back? Darn. 

Oh well, it was a fine dream, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, it would be great if the Mata returned. ^_^

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Just wondering, how do you guys think the mask of creation will be distributed?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. With as much promotion as it has been getting, I definitely think Lego will release it with a set.

Though I do hope that they don't pull an Ignika and wait four years to do so. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

My guess the Mask of Creation would come with some kind of titan set in the second half of the year. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't see why it wouldn't be. With as much promotion as it has been getting, I definitely think Lego will release it with a set.

Though I do hope that they don't pull an Ignika and wait four years to do so. :P

I was hoping it would be the ultimate prize for a mask pack or something.

hTeXGIU.png

You'd want to go with the stress of feeling packs for an extremely rare LEGO part? I heard awful things about what people went to to get Mr. Gold last year/

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

You'd want to go with the stress of feeling packs for an extremely rare LEGO part? I heard awful things about what people went to to get Mr. Gold last year/

Aha. never thought of that. Also, remember the 01 mask packs?

hTeXGIU.png

I've heard horror stories. Empty boxes on shelves everywhere with nary a mask in sight.

I've heard horror stories. Empty boxes on shelves everywhere with nary a mask in sight.

I just don't understand how people can be such pigs.

hTeXGIU.png

Ill probably order then online all at once. And then ill probably buy them again... if I really like them that much and have an excessive need of extra pieces. :P

Ill probably order then online all at once. And then ill probably buy them again... if I really like them that much and have an excessive need of extra pieces. :P

I try to get two copies of each set. One for assembling, the other for MOCing. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Yeah, the last brown Bionicle sets for me were Avak and Velika from 2006. I'm not that much of a fan of the color brown, but it did look good on the stone affiliated characters. It sure has been a very long time since we've had brown as a primary color on a Bionicle set.

Yeah, the last brown Bionicle sets for me were Avak and Velika from 2006. I'm not that much of a fan of the color brown, but it did look good on the stone affiliated characters. It sure has been a very long time since we've had brown as a primary color on a Bionicle set.

I liked the brown sets, though I can understand why they switched to orange. Orange is a lot more appealing. Maybe if they used a color somewhere in between Mata Brown & Orange? :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The problem with reddish brown is that it's reddish and red is already claimed by the red set. I could go for a sand yellow or tan colour - nothing that's in-your-face like bright orange or yellow.

But reddish brown is still very brown. It's not full blown red.

And the sand/tan colour is cool, but is very light and looks best as a secondary color for me. It's better to have a darker and more eye-catching color be the primary color.

• Upvote 1

I think a good compromise between brown and a brighter color is Hewkii's dark orange. That'd be a good color to see some more constraction sets in.

Sooo... Burnt Umber or whatever?

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now