OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I must admit one thing I'm worrying about is if they use Chinese plastic, it just looks and feels poorly made.

Why would they? They almost never use Chinese-made parts for constraction sets.

Furthermore, a lot of the times they DO use Chinese-made parts in regular LEGO sets, it's hardly noticeable at all.

well I beg to differ, for example look at wonder woman's legs, the flesh tone appears to be darker then on her arms and the white parts of her boots look like stickers.

Print color not matching plastic color perfectly is not strictly a Chinese problem. It's something that occurs with lots of printed parts from all over the world. Besides that, I'm not talking about print quality, I'm talking about plastic quality, which is what you brought up in the first place.

Well you could argue that but again I find scratches much more often on Chinese pieces, and regarding the plastic quality I've had a number of times where the Chinese pieces have cracked on me. The best example I can give is the ninjago skeleton arms, I believe(correct me if I'm wrong)that all the skeleton arms were produced in China, as of today nearly all of my skeleton arms have cracks in them. Compare that to the lego Castle skeletons, I've had them since 2008 and their arms and legs are fine(although that is assuming they were produced in Europe). Maybe I have just had bad experiences with these certain pieces and maybe they are fine as long as you treat them right, but I'm still afraid of what might happen if lego introduce Chinese elements into the new bionicle(and whatever comes after that).

I'm fairly certain only the skeleton arms in the actual spinner sets were produced in China. In any case, I've had plenty of battle droid arms break from long before Chinese production was a thing, so again I don't think it makes sense to treat this as a problem with made-in-China parts. Clip pieces like that can be finicky — there's a reason the LEGO Group has redesigned their basic clip pieces so many times, and it's not just that they can't decide on what look they like best.
  • Upvote 5

I must admit one thing I'm worrying about is if they use Chinese plastic, it just looks and feels poorly made.

Furthermore, a lot of the times they DO use Chinese-made parts in regular LEGO sets, it's hardly noticeable at all.

well I beg to differ, for example look at wonder woman's legs, the flesh tone appears to be darker then on her arms and the white parts of her boots look like stickers.

Print color not matching plastic color perfectly is not strictly a Chinese problem. It's something that occurs with lots of printed parts from all over the world. Besides that, I'm not talking about print quality, I'm talking about plastic quality, which is what you brought up in the first place.

Well you could argue that but again I find scratches much more often on Chinese pieces, and regarding the plastic quality I've had a number of times where the Chinese pieces have cracked on me. The best example I can give is the ninjago skeleton arms, I believe(correct me if I'm wrong)that all the skeleton arms were produced in China, as of today nearly all of my skeleton arms have cracks in them. Compare that to the lego Castle skeletons, I've had them since 2008 and their arms and legs are fine(although that is assuming they were produced in Europe). Maybe I have just had bad experiences with these certain pieces and maybe they are fine as long as you treat them right, but I'm still afraid of what might happen if lego introduce Chinese elements into the new bionicle(and whatever comes after that).

I'm fairly certain only the skeleton arms in the actual spinner sets were produced in China. In any case, I've had plenty of battle droid arms break from long before Chinese production was a thing, so again I don't think it makes sense to treat this as a problem with made-in-China parts. Clip pieces like that can be finicky — there's a reason the LEGO Group has redesigned their basic clip pieces so many times, and it's not just that they can't decide on what look they like best.

Well I guess that's fair enough, but I'm still not comfortable with lego pieces being made in China, maybe it's because I'm afraid of lego moving away from Europe, or maybe it's because I don't like the Chinese government and don't want them having influence over other countries.

It's time to move on.

200px-Secondday.png

48 hours until NYCC.

48 hours until we finally learn more about Bionicle's return.

And 48 hours until the forums become so busy that the majority won't be able to get on them for hours on end. :P

Unless the announcement isn't as big as we'd hoped, and it's just stuff that we've seen before. Although I doubt that will happen...

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Unless the announcement isn't as big as we'd hoped, and it's just stuff that we've seen before. Although I doubt that will happen...

Shhh, this is a positive thinking area. Happy thoughts, think happy thoughts! 

• Upvote 6

bZpOwEr

• Upvote 3

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

I was just kidding anyway. That would never happen, right?.... RIGHT? :annoyed:

• Upvote 1

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

The sinister music just makes me excited, I think we are in for some incredible stuff. Boy am I looking forward to it.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I know how that feels, I believe what we just saw there was likely the first few seconds of the comic con trailer, what I believe we'll see after the zoom in on the podium is the mask of creation, then I believe it will show a villain trying to grab it. Then I believe it will show a Toa(or whatever they're called now)fight the villain to protect it, then maybe followed up by some other clips.

It's time to move on.

I know how that feels, I believe what we just saw there was likely the first few seconds of the comic con trailer, what I believe we'll see after the zoom in on the podium is the mask of creation, then I believe it will show a villain trying to grab it. Then I believe it will show a Toa(or whatever they're called now)fight the villain to protect it, then maybe followed up by some other clips.

You can see people walking around in the background. I think it's just a sneak peak at the display that will be shown probably.

• Upvote 5

Though it is short, that is one cooler teaser. :) And does anyone see a being in the background at the end of it? I don't know if there is one there, but I think I see someone.

It better happen. Otherwise the Bionicle fans there will cause a riot. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

You can see people walking around in the background. I think it's just a sneak peak at the display that will be shown probably.

I'd also like to point out that said shadow almost looked like spider legs?

It's time to move on.

What's the blue energy/liquid all over?  That canister almost makes me think it's protodermis or something similar.  And what's the podium say?

Also, behind the table is a human walking, wearing a cowboy boot and what looks like spurs.  I fail to see spiders.  And this gives a desert-ish feel, which is weird, if they're supposed to be in the mountains.

I'm guessing the podium says whatever the whipers said.  It's a Bionicle language, and it translates to.......

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Is there a YouTube link? Wii U cannot load that.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Though it is short, that is one cooler teaser. :) And does anyone see a being in the background at the end of it? I don't know if there is one there, but I think I see someone.

It better happen. Otherwise the Bionicle fans there will cause a riot. :P

I wonder whether that riot would be as big as the riot the System fans are going to have if they ONLY discuss Bionicle. :P

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I can just imagine on some Lego system forum, they're saying "Oh no, we'll have to deal with these fans again. I thought we got rid of them."

No they won't, cause they never got rid of them for 14 years. Two reasons: Bionicle fans still exist(ed), and HF was constraction and made the same problems.

Anyone who thinks Bionicle fans or constraction in general will ever be history will probably be laughed out the door on even the most arrogant of System forums. At this point, assuming us to disappear is insane.  

• Upvote 2

I can just imagine on some Lego system forum, they're saying "Oh no, we'll have to deal with these fans again. I thought we got rid of them."

No they won't, cause they never got rid of them for 14 years. Two reasons: Bionicle fans still exist(ed), and HF was constraction and made the same problems.

Anyone who thinks Bionicle fans or constraction in general will ever be history will probably be laughed out the door on even the most arrogant of System forums. At this point, assuming us to disappear is insane.  

Yeah, none of them assumed we disappeared... but there is a lot of hostility to (or at least, antipathy about) constraction themes. And BZPower wasn't the only site to get tickets to NYCC. I don't think it's particularly likely that Bionicle will be the only theme discussed... but a lot of people are going expecting news about other themes, so I can imagine they'd be thoroughly peeved if by chance the panel focused solely on an action figure theme.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's particularly likely that Bionicle will be the only theme discussed... but a lot of people are going expecting news about other themes, so I can imagine they'd be thoroughly peeved if by chance the panel focused solely on an action figure theme.

Bionicle is so much more than action figures. :P [/biased Bionicle fan]

Yep, that's true.  Bionicle was the theme that saved Lego. [/very biased Bionicle fan]

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Yep, that's true.  Bionicle was the theme that saved Lego. [/very biased Bionicle fan]

It's true, but a lot of AFOLs view it as sort of a necessary evil—to many of them it's still not "real Lego". If you read some of their comments back when the revival was first officially announced, you'd realize that AFOL opinions of Bionicle haven't really improved that much since its end.

I saw this on my phone as soon as it was announced, I was going to post it here but my mouse broke. :(

I have to say, I've been pro-sequel from the beginning. But this trailer made me ready to accept a reboot if that's what's going to happen. I've never seen anything so intriguing from a LEGO line. While I was alive, I was not yet old enough to appreciate BIONICLE in the 2000 teasers, but, I think I know how those people felt. 

I am also starting to gain confidence that BIONICLE 2015 might not be the Hero Factory-Chima hybrid (story wise) that a lot of people including me expected it to be. :happydance:

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

If it wasn't for Star Wars showing Lego that story-based themes worked well, there probably wouldn't BE a Bionicle... [/not so biased Bionicle fan] :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I actually was never aware that a bunch of system fans hated constraction... that seems over the top to me. Constraction and what you can make with it very much fit the standards of being Lego products and work like them. Dem peeps just whack.

Some System fans have blamed constraction sets for having a negative effect on System sets, that being the focus shifting from complex designs with interesting detail to simple-as-possible builds revolving around action gimmicks (often described as 'juniorisation'). In a similar way, some also dislike there being official stories rather than allowing/encouraging people to think up their own.

The action gimmicks come more from changing toy standards than from constraction. These days, very few toys can go without some sort of playability aspect to them. Do you think Transformers would be anywhere near as popular if they only sold non-transforming toys? And even transforming toys can have an additional playability feature. Kids like having exciting features built into their toys these days.

I also wouldn't call modern designs simple by any means. I'd say we've been getting some of the smoothest, most polished, most interesting LEGO sets ever lately, and it's not from overspecialized pieces, but from actually using useful pieces in new ways.

• Upvote 1

The action gimmicks come more from changing toy standards than from constraction. These days, very few toys can go without some sort of playability aspect to them. Do you think Transformers would be anywhere near as popular if they only sold non-transforming toys? And even transforming toys can have an additional playability feature. Kids like having exciting features built into their toys these days.

I also wouldn't call modern designs simple by any means. I'd say we've been getting some of the smoothest, most polished, most interesting LEGO sets ever lately, and it's not from overspecialized pieces, but from actually using useful pieces in new ways.

Being an active user on TFW2005, I can tell you the majority of users hate the "features" other than the transformation itself. Plus all the kiddie TF's stacking up on the shelves, it looks like kid's aren't interested anymore either.

Being an active user on TFW2005, I can tell you the majority of users hate the "features" other than the transformation itself. Plus all the kiddie TF's stacking up on the shelves, it looks like kid's aren't interested anymore either.

Okay but do the users of TFW2005 represent the majority of buyers of Transformers? I'd be willing to bet that, like LEGO, Hasbro is more concerned with the kids who make up a larger portion of their market than the adults who whine if a Transformer is a monkey instead of a truck.

Point is, kids like play features. They love little firing missiles and light-up lights and sound effects. It's the market that pushed those features, not constraction.

• Upvote 1

Oh man, I thought Comic Con was on Friday. Thursday is even better! :D This new teaser has got me pumped like no tomorrow (that and I received some Bionicle books in the mail today, so that helps too)

-NotS

It's still Friday in Australia...

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

200px-Secondday.png

48 hours until NYCC.

And 48 hours until the forums become so busy that the majority won't be able to get on them for hours on end. :P

Now is the perfect time to bring back the randomized silly Server Busy messages :P
And the Bubble wrap game, don't forget the bubble wrap game.

IT SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Well I guess that's fair enough, but I'm still not comfortable with lego pieces being made in China, maybe it's because I'm afraid of lego moving away from Europe, or maybe it's because I don't like the Chinese government and don't want them having influence over other countries.
I watched this documentary called Inside: Lego on Netflix recently and the plans for a Chinese factory were mentioned, and they said that they mainly wanted a factory there so that they could distribute parts in Asia easier and quicker, and not for the cheaper labour. So personally I'm not too worried.
  • Upvote 4
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Okay but do the users of TFW2005 represent the majority of buyers of Transformers? I'd be willing to bet that, like LEGO, Hasbro is more concerned with the kids who make up a larger portion of their market than the adults who whine if a Transformer is a monkey instead of a truck.

Point is, kids like play features. They love little firing missiles and light-up lights and sound effects. It's the market that pushed those features, not constraction.

Hasbro is catering to the kids and it's failing big time because shelf-warmers (also, some Hasbro report from this summer). Their decision to market towards children and making a bunch of gimmick figures with no resell value killed the entire Age of Extinction toyline, with it ending in half a year, compared to the other movies' that lasted over a year. Most brick Lego sets don't have gimmicks either (besides those that are actually built by the buyer).

Edited by bioniclepluslotr

200px-Secondday.png

48 hours until NYCC.

Now is the perfect time to bring back the randomized silly Server Busy messages :P

IT SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Bubble wrap game??? :???:

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

200px-Secondday.png

48 hours until NYCC.

IT SHALL RISE AGAIN!

I watched this documentary called Inside: Lego on Netflix recently and the plans for a Chinese factory were mentioned, and they said that they mainly wanted a factory there so that they could distribute parts in Asia easier and quicker, and not for the cheaper labour. So personally I'm not too worried.

Well I know they're not gonna switch to China anytime soon, also I'm pretty sure that new factory is gonna benefit bootlegers(as now they will be able to obtain lego pieces easier).

It's time to move on.

Hasbro is catering to the kids and it's failing big time because shelf-warmers (also, some Hasbro report from this summer). Their decision to market towards children and making a bunch of gimmick figures with no resell value killed the entire Age of Extinction toyline, with it ending in half a year, compared to the other movies' that lasted over a year. Most brick Lego sets don't have gimmicks either (besides those that are actually built by the buyer).

...are you sure it's not failing because the movie was garbage? OR because the movies are being marketed (poorly) towards adults, unlike the toys, which have ALWAYS been marketed towards children, because, you know, they're TOYS?

Brick LEGO sets have plenty of gimmicks, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just look at the Fairground Mixer, which spins when you turn a gear, has functioning Test Your Strength and Dunk Tank games, and is designed to pack up like a real carnival. the Prisoner Transporter and Police Station have walls that are designed to come loose when you yank on them. Chima sets are chock full of play features, from walking legs to launchers to special CHI Power modes. Yes, all of those are "built buy the buyer" because that's kind of the POINT of LEGO (though some like the new missile launchers aren't; they only have two pieces that function independently) but nonetheless System sets have play features because that's what kids like. Not all sets have them, mostly lacking in things like City sets where something like a missile launcher would be out of place, but there are definitely enough to show that there's some appeal for all of them, even the hopefully obsolescent flickfire missiles.

If you stopped judging children's toys from the perspective of someone outside of the target audience, maybe you could see that what you define as a good toy and what children define as a good toy don't always line up, and toy companies are definitely more worried about the latter than the former.

Well I know they're not gonna switch to China anytime soon, also I'm pretty sure that new factory is gonna benefit bootlegers(as now they will be able to obtain lego pieces easier).

I always assumed bootleggers did something really stupid like cast their own molds around parts they bought from a store because it seems ludicrous to me that they would be able to obtain a mold of just about every piece in production.

unless you mean actually obtaining LEGO bricks to put in sets, which is also ludicrous. For starters, if bootlegs actually used pieces stolen directly from LEGO, not only would they be much easier to shut down, nobody would complain about plastic quality in bootleg sets.

• Upvote 1