OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Am I the only one who thinks they went a little overboard with the trans pieces? Don't get me wrong I like the trans coloured pieces but at times they feel kinda unnecessary. 

I really like them. They make the characters feel like they're charged with elemental energy, and that adds a touch of fantasy so they don't just seem like colorful robots.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that Lewa is the only Toa who doesn't have any transparent parts. I like his official look too much to change him permanently, but I've tested to see what he looks like with Tr. Bright Green shells instead of Flame Yellowish Orange ones, and it IS a good look for him.

Speaking of Enya, I actually really like the set now that I've had a chance to play around with it a bit. I like the big adjustable shoulder armor (much like I did with the Green Lantern constraction set) because it allows for a good range of arm poses while still providing good coverage. I'm not big on the adrenalin mode, though. The wide shoulders give him a good profile but they spread the "shovels" apart too much for my tastes; it looks like he'd be digging two separate holes because his arms can't meet up in front of him. The hammer looks fine anyway.

I thought you were talking about the singer for a while :blink:
  • Upvote 4

Episode 6 has just been posted on the BIONICLE Facebook page.

But wait! No longer is Onua the Toa of Stone or Pohatu the Toa of Earth.

I though I was going mad the first time I watched it, because I was waiting for the mistake, but they have actually shuffled the images on this version so that the element mix-up is now fixed. :D

Faith in new story team = restored.

• Upvote 3
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Speaking of Enya, I actually really like the set now that I've had a chance to play around with it a bit. I like the big adjustable shoulder armor (much like I did with the Green Lantern constraction set) because it allows for a good range of arm poses while still providing good coverage. I'm not big on the adrenalin mode, though. The wide shoulders give him a good profile but they spread the "shovels" apart too much for my tastes; it looks like he'd be digging two separate holes because his arms can't meet up in front of him. The hammer looks fine anyway.

Oh I was.

onya.jpg

• Upvote 9

OpAXNpl.jpg

Oh I was.

-snip-

That made my middle-aged mom laugh. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Well since I do not know who that is, maybe he's trying to educate some of us on their music? Strange I seem to be fighting the urge to look Enya up. It is a conspiracy!! There are enough individuals up here in our head. We don't need any more....

I would be really happy if they made someone else the leader besides Tahu. Switch things up a bit.

Yeah Gen1 had a dominate Fire is boss stick going on with only a few leaders not being of the fire element. It would be cool and I'm going to go with Lewa and promote Onua as The leader...

Onua for Toa-Okoto leader....

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

He certainly knows how to 'grab attention'.

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Am I the only one who thinks they went a little overboard with the trans pieces? Don't get me wrong I like the trans coloured pieces but at times they feel kinda unnecessary. 

I really like them. They make the characters feel like they're charged with elemental energy, and that adds a touch of fantasy so they don't just seem like colorful robots.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that Lewa is the only Toa who doesn't have any transparent parts. I like his official look too much to change him permanently, but I've tested to see what he looks like with Tr. Bright Green shells instead of Flame Yellowish Orange ones, and it IS a good look for him.

I think he would have looked better with brown instead of the yellow, I tested it out and it looks really nice, really gives him that jungle/plant feel. 

It's time to move on.

I think he would have looked better with brown instead of the yellow, I tested it out and it looks really nice, really gives him that jungle/plant feel. 

Interesting! I hadn't even considered that. Which brown did you try out — the Dark Orange from Pohatu/Protector of Stone or the Reddish Brown from CHI Mungus?

• Upvote 1

Interesting! I hadn't even considered that. Which brown did you try out — the Dark Orange from Pohatu/Protector of Stone or the Reddish Brown from CHI Mungus?

The brown from Pohatu, I don't even have any Chima figures. 

It's time to move on.

He certainly knows how to 'grab attention'.

lol, pulled the quote from the animation itself... Nice touch. Somebody knows what I was getting at. :D

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Just watched the new episode. These animations are so cringe inducing it's not even funny. I've given up on ever hoping for the Bionicle I grew up with.

Even 2001 wasn't this cheesy. "We must fight as one!"

Gali was such a joke just like all the other Toa. My heroes have been reduced to 8 bit comedy for 6 year olds. 

• Upvote 3

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

So what's the chances we'll see some turquoise shells in the future? Probably next to none, seeing as how that specific color seems to be discontinued.  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So what's the chances we'll see some turquoise shells in the future? Probably next to none, seeing as how that specific color seems to be discontinued.  

Yeah, if you mean turquoise as in the Bright Bluish Green used for the original Kongu and the Tarakava, that color has been discontinued since 2008. The closest equivalents currently are Dark Azur (as used in the new Gali set) and Medium Azur (as used in many of the Hero Factory Invasion from Below sets).

Okay, LoSS is a fun build, but little more than that. Since my Tahu hadn't arrived, I bought the big bug with Lewa. While im happy with Lewa, but then only way I'm going to get more satisfaction from LoSS is to disassemble it and build it again.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Lewa: 'You're too slow, Kopaka.'

Sonic: 'You stole my line!'  :o

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Anyways, episode 8 of the Bionicle webisodes was good IMO. I've given my thoughts on it in a previous post in this topic, but I still feel the same about it even though I've heard it in english now. The battle between the Lord of Skull Spiders and the Toa was good. It shows just how strong the Toa can be when they work together. Though I really hope this isn't the last we see of the Lord of Skull Spiders. Hopefully he returns when the Skull Villains show up. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

One thing that I see as confusing about the fight with LoSS in Episode 8 is Pohatu randomly tossing one of his boomerangs at LoSS toward the end. My thought was "Why? What purpose did throwing that boomerang have?"

All Kopaka did was block with his shield. That's it.

My main thought is the fact that the Toa went to great lengths to get the gold masks in order to fight using their elemental powers, but they are not using their elemental powers here!  

My hope is that they have a plot device along the lines of "They must find their hidden potential in order to fully understand the usage of their powers" thing from multiple other franchises (such as Ninjago, coincidentally), because this is kind of ridiculous. It could also be the "they don't know how to use their powers yet" thing. Anything is possible.

Overall, not the best episode, but at least it's not as bad as some of the previous episodes. It's not bad enough to be laughable among the community, at least not mostly.

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

My main thought is the fact that the Toa went to great lengths to get the gold masks in order to fight using their elemental powers, but they are not using their elemental powers here!  

What if it is something  metaphoric, along the lines of Tahu channeling the force of a raging fire, Gali using the swiftness of a coarsing river, Onua having the strength of the earth, Pohatu having rock hard will, Lewa having the er, green-ness of a jungle? and Kopaka's just cool B-) (I had to physically restrain myself from comparing a toa to the dark side of the moon)

Edited by steelviper77
  • Upvote 2

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Episode 8 was alright in English - I liked the action and animation just as much as before, but that voice acting... Some of those lines and their delivery are just awful, especially the last one by Gali. Narration was great though. It's weird that the Korean version of the same episode had Gali voiced by a female.

Also, did anyone go to that stud-launcher event at LEGO Stores?

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I would've if I was a lot younger, lol. It'll look pretty weird if I was the only 'grown-up' there, participating in the comp.

Edited by Anonymous User

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

According to the back of my calender, winning the nightly tournament only grants you a regular set, although participating gives you a poster so if you ask nicely I think they may give it for you without having to compete. Either way, probably not missing much by not going.

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

If was wondering, if you took an audience that doesn't know about Bionicle, and showed them the G1 videos (the CG trailers from each year), and then the G2 animated trailer, which would they prefer or think is cooler?

Honestly that's like comparing apples and oranges. The first serve primarily as commercials (like the similar G2 CGI commercial we've gotten) and the second serves first and foremost as a medium for telling the story. I will say that while which one they think is "cooler" would be a matter of preference, I'm sure they'd learn more about the actual events of the story from the G2 videos.
  • Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If was wondering, if you took an audience that doesn't know about Bionicle, and showed them the G1 videos (the CG trailers from each year), and then the G2 animated trailer, which would they prefer or think is cooler?

I have no idea, all I can judge by is my experiences from when I was younger, and whilst I do still prefer the old animations I won't deny I'm gonna have some level of bias (as that's how I grew up with the theme). Not to mention there's a good chance of kids running into the old stuff what with how much there is on youtube on all, so maybe we will find out the answer. 

It's time to move on.