OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Everything has a sheer amount of epic! Loving the humor, too.

It's just too bad that the narrator doesn't even try to sound feminine for Gali.

If he did though, there would have been some 8 year old calling him gay.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It's just too bad that the narrator doesn't even try to sound feminine for Gali.

But... Gali hasn't spoken yet.

Whoops. My mistake. Just found the other animations.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

She did... In a 30 second video.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

But... Gali hasn't spoken yet.

Go to the videos page on LEGO.com, and then to the BIONICLE section. There are character videos with their voices.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

I must say, Pohatu's power puzzles me the most. He doesn't seem to be able to move rocks larger than grains of sand.

Not to spoil anything, but one of the villains I have in mind for a future Nova Orbis arc controls sand, and battles Ahkmou in the desert. Ahkmou, already running on fumes, will be frustrated that he has no power over the sand, and say he wishes he had a power like that.

Just a little nod to the masters.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I don't think that's Gali's actual voice, lmfao. Just a placeholder.

She clearly says, "I am Gali"...

Pohatu's voice isn't as ground-breaking as that guy said...

I just saw the Masks of Power ad on Disney XD.

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D FEEL SO GREAT SEEING BIONICLE COMMERCIALS ON TV AGAIN!!

• Upvote 1

ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Good. I'm glad she has a 'male'-esque voice. Not all girls sound feminine. 

But she's supposed to be a girl, so it should make sense they could use a girl's voice. It's the same reason you shouldn't cast a white person to play a black person in a movie.

• Upvote 2

But she's supposed to be a girl, so it should make sense they could use a girl's voice. It's the same reason you shouldn't cast a white person to play a black person in a movie.

That's not the same at all, lol.

• Upvote 1

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

Yes it is. It's like lego thought a woman would be incapable of voice acting.

"I AM GALI. IMMA BE MASTAH OF WOTAH"

Okay, let's not argue.

Anyway, on the other hand, I love Onua's voice. So gruff! Lewa's ain't bad, either; however, I like Tahu's more.

ninjago-green-ninja.jpg

Yes it is. It's like lego thought a woman would be incapable of voice acting.

"I AM GALI. IMMA BE MASTAH OF WOTAH"

No, it's like the same narrator provides all the voices, same as you would get in most audiobooks. Nothing remotely sexist about it, any more than the Harry Potter audiobooks which likewise don't enlist an entirely separate reader for the female characters.

I am not quite as happy with Gali's voice as I hoped to be (I've heard male narrators pull off more recognizably female voices in some audiobooks), but it's not the travesty people are making it out to be. She still sounds more feminine than many of the other Toa, so it's not like the narrator isn't even trying.

• Upvote 11

The animations themselves are VERY good. The one thing that bugs me is... how quickly they're getting their golden masks. To me, this is something they should have to work for throughout the course of the story. It's the kind of thing you'd get in the last few levels of a videogame, or just before the final boss. For this to be the FIRST thing they do, before we've even gotten to know any of them... eh. It just makes me wonder how much there could possibly be for them to do after that.

Maybe the upcoming books will give us a bit more plot than these. Again, these animations are very nice, but they only tell so much of a story.

I feel like the third video is just a summary. Or maybe the Toa/Protector teams will be beaten back by the spiders and stuff. The story isn't quite over yet. 

The animations themselves are VERY good. The one thing that bugs me is... how quickly they're getting their golden masks. To me, this is something they should have to work for throughout the course of the story. It's the kind of thing you'd get in the last few levels of a videogame, or just before the final boss. For this to be the FIRST thing they do, before we've even gotten to know any of them... eh. It just makes me wonder how much there could possibly be for them to do after that.

Maybe the upcoming books will give us a bit more plot than these. Again, these animations are very nice, but they only tell so much of a story.

I feel like the third video is just a summary. Or maybe the Toa/Protector teams will be beaten back by the spiders and stuff. The story isn't quite over yet. 

Get ready for infected Lewa and his rescue by Onua! :P

Also, has anyone noticed the Vahi cameos in Episodes 1 & 2? This isn't a coincidence...

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Also, has anyone noticed the Vahi cameos in Episodes 1 & 2? This isn't a coincidence...

I've seen the Vahi easter egg in episode 1, but where is it in episode 2?

It returns as the Vahi, Rock of Time, at 0:14-15.

Where?

It appears as a rock in both episodes. Just keep pausing the videos and looking for brown rocks that look familiar.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Since all the current Toa sets come with two masks (one "normal" and one "special") plus a Skull Spider, I was wondering how an Ekimu set might keep with the trend.  Now I hope that it would include both the Mask of Creation and his "version" of the Protector mask.

• Upvote 9

OpAXNpl.jpg

Where?

15414554204_826031c00e_z.jpg

That's episode 1. 

Actually, though, that sequence is important for another reason. Okoto language/writing confirmed?

EDIT: And here's episode 2: 

15851110467_7795361558_z.jpg

Time, eh? Also the curved clouds in the background look like a certain Turaga of Fire's mask. :P

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 8

They put a 'Protector' Mask on Ekimu when they entombed him...
So yeah... that could change set speculation a bit ;)

Tonnes of people with the same Mask, so there goes that speculation...
Villagers have a solid-colour Mask, Protectors are the only ones with two colours...

Much focus on time...
Kopakas voice bugged me, the clumsiness doesn't really bother me, but...

Since all the current Toa sets come with two masks (one "normal" and one "special") plus a Skull Spider, I was wondering how an Ekimu set might keep with the trend.  Now I hope that it would include both the Mask of Creation and his "version" of the Protector mask.

Yeah, Ekimu is probably going to wear his Protector-style mask and his golden mask will be the Mask of Creation.

Where?

15414554204_826031c00e_z.jpg

That's episode 1. 

Actually, though, that sequence is important for another reason. Okoto language/writing confirmed?

EDIT: And here's episode 2: 

15851110467_7795361558_z.jpg

Time, eh?

I sense an inevitable Mask of Time showing up somewhere...

EDIT: Also, someone get to work on translating Ekimu's Prophecy of Heroes and figuring out which symbols mean what. :P 

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Are the animations going to be similar to these? Or are these just like trailer/story/teaser animations and there would be much more detailed and longer animations in the future?

edit: Also, IS THAT ACTUALLY GONNA BE GALI'S VOICE??? I CAN'T ACTUALLY BUY INTO THAT VOICE MAN...

Edited by tinbore

Gali sounds less then female. Lego should have just had a female actor do Galis part. I mean, I know legos been genderist before, but is it that hard to have the Toa of water sound female?

I assume you mean "sexist" (I don't believe "genderist" is a word, and Wiktionary backs me up on that). And there's nothing at all sexist about having the narrator voice all of the characters. It may throw people for a bit of a loop in animation but it's pretty much the most traditional way of narrating a story.

Honestly it doesn't even bother me. Maybe it doesn't sound like how I'd picture Gali's voice, and that's okay—I can suspend disbelief with the knowledge that the same narrator is doing every voice, just like my mom or little brother have to suspend disbelief when I'm reading a story to them and have to voice a female character. And I like it miles better than the old Bionicle story serials, which had Greg's unaffected voice for the narration and every single male character replaced rather jarringly with his wife's unaffected voice whenever one of the rare female characters had a line. I found that MORE sexist, if anything—the idea that a single flat voice could sub in for every character EXCEPT the female characters.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother