OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

In one line, Kopaka has established

1. He is not [visually] afraid of the skeletal onslaught barreling towards him
  2. He does not like Tahu.
  3. Seriously he looks right at him when he says it.
  4. The point of the pun was not even to be funny. It served a purpose.
  5. That purpose was to verbally insult this random dude that, again, he only met like half an hour ago.
  6. It establishes every single emotion as the 2001 scene that launched 1000 Kohatu ships.
  7. It's actually only one emotion.
  8. That emotion is unbridled disgust.
  • Upvote 11

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

5. That purpose was to verbally insult this random dude that, again, he only met like half an hour ago.
  6. It establishes every single emotion as the 2001 scene that launched 1000 Kohatu ships.

I don't see any reason to think this was anything other then a bad joke. Maybe the scene might have been good if they got an actual voice actor to do it.

It's time to move on.

I mean, I thought the pun was funny. It's good to see they're showing the relationship between Tahu and Kopaka well, even if it takes a clever pun. I personally thought it was pretty well done. My only hope is that they use this to eventually make even more character development, since it's a little blatant.

I REALLY hope they don't re release the same characters year after year. Let's hope LEGO does enough to make me want two Gali sets. 

On one hand I agree, on the other hand I don't know. For a three year line, it might be fine to release the toa each year, so long as there are other sets/characters as well. I do completely agree though that there has to be enough changed to make it justified, or else there's no point in getting them, and if the line ends up going on for longer after that, they would have to especially find ways to make the sets stand out, or release new sets of the same toa less often. I really don't want to get what happened with Hero Factory...

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 2

I don't see any reason to think this was anything other then a bad joke. Maybe the scene might have been good if they got an actual voice actor to do it.

The narrator is an actual VA?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't mind someone giving us updates on how the Toa are doing, but I would rather have individual voice actors or have our current narrator say"  ____ said" after every sentence.

These animations are already struggling to fit in the time allotted. Putting two words after each line of dialogue would just push the pacing even more.

• Upvote 5

It is pretty upsetting that they have to limit themselves time wise with these animations. There are points where better pacing could make the good moments they have much more effective.

I'm still not entirely on board with the single narrator. I get that it's not laziness, it's an actual artistic choice, but for the animations I just don't think it works. Having separate character voices would be a lot better- though I have to commend the guy they've got doing them right now. It's a REALLY hard job and he does it the best he can. A plice supa spice yo dun did da goud

The Bionicle FB page posted a Tahu MOC.

The placement of his armor looks good, though I think the silver kind of clashes with his red and gold color scheme. He still looks cool though.

There's also a Protector of Fire MOC on the Facebook page, which puts the actual set to shame IMO.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Can someone please tell me how the heck I'm supposed to put Skull Warrior's bow on his back and his spear in his hand? The back of his box shows the blade in his fist with the handle under his fist and the bow is apparently hooked to the back by the top handle except in the actual set there is no room for either. 

The thing is, I prefer his spear because when I'm handling him I don't want to accidentally shot his bow and lose a stud. (Which happened once already.) 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Can someone please tell me how the heck I'm supposed to put Skull Warrior's bow on his back and his spear in his hand? The back of his box shows the blade in his fist with the handle under his fist and the bow is apparently hooked to the back by the top handle except in the actual set there is no room for either. 

The thing is, I prefer his spear because when I'm handling him I don't want to accidentally shot his bow and lose a stud. (Which happened once already.) 

(I think) You have to remove the front-most handle and plug the bow into the half-pin using the pin hole that opens up. Then you can store the handle itself somewhere else. It's slightly inconvenient.

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 1

Personally I don't keep the studs in the launchers on any of my Protectors for that exact reason, because despite the fact that there are plenty of extra studs included I hate the idea of losing any of them because they launched accidentally.

Probably wouldn't look as good if I were to display them, but it makes me infinitely less nervous about touching any of the sets.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

I personally have more problems with the masks coming off whenever I touch the sets rather than the studs. 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You're either moving the heads wrong, or you're flinging them violently for no reason if you're losing the masks like that. Seriously though, grab them with three fingers. Thumb on the front of the mask, the other two on the back of the head. Now, aside from my terrible condescending attitude, you shouldn't lose a mask unless you're setting them down on their backs (that's your fault), hitting the brain stalk several times (that can easily be avoided and just shows how clumsy you are), or enjoy obscenely beating your sets for no reason at all (YOU MONSTER).

I've never lost a mask, and I've never had a problem with the new connection style. I also prefer it due to the fact that it makes them seem like actual masks. When you pick sets up, do yourself a favor and pick them up by the waist.

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 3

You're either moving the heads wrong, or you're flinging them violently for no reason if you're losing the masks like that. Seriously though, grab them with three fingers. Thumb on the front of the mask, the other two on the back of the head. Now, aside from my terrible condescending attitude, you shouldn't lose a mask unless you're setting them down on their backs (that's your fault), hitting the brain stalk several times (that can easily be avoided and just shows how clumsy you are), or enjoy obscenely beating your sets for no reason at all (YOU MONSTER).

I've never lost a mask, and I've never had a problem with the new connection style. I also prefer it due to the fact that it makes them seem like actual masks. When you pick sets up, do yourself a favor and pick them up by the waist.

That went from 5 to 100 real fast.

bZpOwEr

I'm not sure how you can so snidely dismiss someone for having their masks come off easily when the masks coming off easily is what they're designed to do.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

Is this a breakdown?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm not sure how you can so snidely dismiss someone for having their masks come off easily when the masks coming off easily is what they're designed to do.

I can snidely dismiss that because I'm almost always annoyingly condescending by nature, except when I'm not. I also have yet to have my morning coffee which significantly affects my personality traits. I apologize for my behavior and will try to be less condescending in the future after I get my coffee and decide to reflect on why it's a terrible decision to stay up until three in the morning then wake up at 12:00, forcing every person out there to deal with my grumpy morning person mood. 

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 2

I can snidely dismiss that because I'm almost always annoyingly condescending by nature, except when I'm not. I also have yet to have my morning coffee which significantly affects my personality traits. I apologize for my behavior and will try to be less condescending in the future after I get my coffee and decide to reflect on why it's a terrible decision to stay up until three in the morning then wake up at 12:00, forcing every person out there to deal with my grumpy morning person mood. 

You're forgiven. We all have a forum breakdown every once-in-a-while, lol.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

My only issue with the masks is I'm still not used to the fact you can't touch the brain stem without knocking off the mask. They usually just slide off though, so it's never in danger of being lost.

I don't have a huge problems with studs either, usually because I never touch the stud guns when I'm moving them since they're kind of out of place on the majority of them. Ekimu's is a little easier to trigger though.

• Upvote 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Speaking of Ekimu, why was his spinning-shield function designed so poorly? It doesn't doesn't even fit onto his had properly, and you can barely spin it 'cause the gear catches on his wrist.

Sure you can just place on his hand 'sideways', but it just looks awkward. 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The new episode was great and I liked the tension between Kopaka and Tahu. Onua was good too although I wish his attacks would be more than just smashing the ground with a downthrust of his hammer.

I just got Ekimu vs Kulta and it is a perfect set. With that little one pin fix on the mask stand, it works perfectly as well and really should have been part of the design, heck the set even comes with a spare pin. Ekimu really looks like a powerful dwarven king when wearing the MoCr and Kulta has to be one of my favorite looking Bionicle villains of all time. He looks so menacing and the mask is deliciously intimidating. The chima flame horns are a perfect addition and look incredible. I was really hoping those would be used in Bionicle when I first saw them and I was not disappointed. It's a really beautiful piece and I really hope it's used a lot more in future sets.

I am SO making a Ghost Rider moc using skull villain parts at some point.

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 4

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I bought Pohatu for a tenner the other day, and I have somehow come to the logical conclusion that he is literally an Australian Batman.

I should sleep more.

• Upvote 2

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

Just got back from responding to dumb comments on TTV's "top ten best waves" video. My word, these anti-CCBS people just will not give up! They continue to cling to their bias like a security blanket! But then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. These are mostly people who may never even glance at this place, let alone be as informed as we are, so they vent and rage in their squalor that is the youtube comment section.

...with replies disabled, half the time. Oy.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Just got back from responding to dumb comments on TTV's "top ten best waves" video. My word, these anti-CCBS people just will not give up! They continue to cling to their bias like a security blanket! But then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. These are mostly people who may never even glance at this place, let alone be as informed as we are, so they vent and rage in their squalor that is the youtube comment section.

It's the same people who think HF is way better than G2.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's the same people who think HF is way better than G2.

That confuses the heck out of me.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

while there are people like that, I also noticed quite a few comments SUPPORTING CCBS and the 2015 line's place as number one. Those that hate it are in the loud minority, and they're also on Facebook. Oddly enough, I rarely come across people like that on the TTV message boards or here. I Edited by Tarvaxx