Ode To The Old Masks

banana92

I love the Hau, the Miru and the Kakama. Particularly the Hau, as you can see on my avatar and my signature. :P In my opinion it is the best mask LEGO has ever designed, simple, but with an individual shape and a lot of character and charisma, overall, a perfect symbol for BIONICLE.~Gata. ;)

ur right, the huna establishes much of the same qualities as well, (though it's not my favorite, the ruru is) but i'm sure anyone who'd see a huna would know right away. the kaukau was difficult in design though

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I really wished that they would have made more versions of infected kanohi during the 2001 saga and also made silver kanohi nuva masks. on another note i really disliked the 2006 inika masks because they are not compatible with another head.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

One thing I always wished, ever since '01, was that the Infected Masks had been released in other versions than just the Hau. (The black, pitted versions, that is.) Or at least all of the other Mata masks.My favorite BIONICLE mask was always the Miru Nuva, though; it was the only one of the Nuva masks that I thought captured the feel of the '01 Kanohi. The original Miru was pretty cool too. Newva, though...bleh.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

I loved the Hau and the Ruru from 01. The Kaukau and Kopaka's mask were the best of 02. But my favorite is Nuparus's deathly mask.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I loved all the old masks from the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva. I liked those better because they couldn't get scratched up, unlike the rubber masks and Voyatoran/Toa Metru masks. =/ And I agree with Lewa0111 Nuva - the infected masks would have been awesome in the rest of the Mata and Nuva mask shapes.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I loved all the old masks from the Toa Mata and Toa Nuva. I liked those better because they couldn't get scratched up, unlike the rubber masks and Voyatoran/Toa Metru masks. =/ And I agree with Lewa0111 Nuva - the infected masks would have been awesome in the rest of the Mata and Nuva mask shapes.

I really to agree i really hate the toa inika mask because they only work with the toa inika heads. I do like the toa metru and toa mahri mask and all the older 2001 to 2003 mask and i also wish there were more infected kanohi.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

same here with every color, and the NOBLE ruru has be discovered in all mata colors, all turaga colors (that's 12) yellow, trans blue, and red/silver blend, i want the yellow because it's the rarest, i think 3 or so exist.

The yellow Ruru was featured in the Sand Tarakava set. And I thought there where 5 Sand Tarakava available, so there are 5 yellow ruru in existence. Am I right?

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

same here with every color, and the NOBLE ruru has be discovered in all mata colors, all turaga colors (that's 12) yellow, trans blue, and red/silver blend, i want the yellow because it's the rarest, i think 3 or so exist.

The yellow Ruru was featured in the Sand Tarakava set. And I thought there where 5 Sand Tarakava available, so there are 5 yellow ruru in existence. Am I right?
that'd make 7 if so, 2 were released in one manas set, they were yellow instead of orange

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

that'd make 7 if so, 2 were released in one manas set, they were yellow instead of orange
Oh yeah, of course. I forgot that ^_^

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've always liked the Hau myself, and the chrome Hau from the Power Pack in particular.

8% of BZPower has a message like this in their signature. If you are part of the 92% that does not, copy and paste this into your signature.

Oh wait...

I can't choose. But I like all the rare masks I own. So all my rare masks are my favorite :DBut there are some masks that I specially like. such as the Chrome Hau of course. I also like my misprints from 2001 (specially my Light blue Kaukau). Of course there are a lot more masks that I really like...

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

My favorite 2001 Kanohi are definitely the gold, silver, and copper masks from 2001-2002. Specifically, the Huna in Red Flip/Flop, the Hau in Yellow Flip/Flop, and the Miru in Silver Flip/Flop. Part of this is just the uniqueness of their materials, which are glittery and metallic but at the same time translucent when backlit.

I love the old Kanohi... It was annoying to collect all the gold and silver ones, though. Personally, I liked the original Noble Huna.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

WOW! I've seen some pretty rare masks on internet, and I've almost bought it!From a small collection of masks, I have chosen:- Ultimate Dume Helmet (UDH)- Red Matatu- Sparkly Avohkii- Chrome Hau- Brown Ruru- Silver Akaku- Red PakariI already have a few of these masks (Chrome Hau, Avohkii, Brown Ruru), but it's for a very good price! I'm happy now :D

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Man, it's been WAY too long for me to remember the mask names, but I do like Kopaka Nuva's mask. It definitely fit his cold, calculative personality. And of course, everyone likes the Hau.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Every mask in BIONICLE should be available in Mata white and green. Those are the two awesomest colours, despite the fact I never use green. I might be inspired to use it more if there were more green masks though. Onewa Metru's great Komau. Pretty sure that would be awesome in Mata green.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I think they should have made a Trans-colored Krana, even though we are talking about Kanohi, i still think it would be way cool!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC