Rpg Halo: Retribution

RPG Halo: Retribution"Your body, your armor - all burned and turned to glass. Everything, except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild.”- Dr. Catherine HalseyI am a timeless chorus. Join your voice with mine, and sing victory everlasting...The year is 2590. Thirty-seven years after the Human-Covenant War concluded with a pyrrhic victory to the UNSC and their Separatist allies against both the dread Covenant Juggernaut and the ancient, grizzled maw of the Flood. The Sangheili and the other conglomerate races that remained at their side returned to their home worlds to assess the damages therein and begin rebuilding. Humanity, too, returned to the last fertile lands of their domain; so much was lost.. At what costThe events of the War were not enough to turn away the determined Rebel front, and in-fighting between the ex-Covenant races continues to whittle away at what little is left. There is still the concern of the skeleton left behind by the ancient Forerunner Empire: The Halo Array and all other archaic weapons yet to be discovered. Furthermore, some war veterans doubt that the Flood have been completely done away with.. that like the virus they are, the infection still remains, however contained for the moment.Despite these grim circumstances that a Galaxy in ruin is left with, not all is lost. The UNSC and Sangheili remain close, working in tandem to guarantee the protection of the Milky Way against future disasters and to contain any Forerunner weapons of war found. From this bond they have found an uneasy military and economical alliance: for the first time, humanity has access to fresh Plasma weaponry for research, while the Sangheili gain valuable cultural and training experience from the race that so long withstood their might, despite how overpowered they were.What of the other races of the once glorious Covenant?-The Kig-Yar have returned to their former ways, pirating across the former Covenant Empire’s territory, or acting as mercenaries for hire to the highest bidder.-The Jiralhanae, reduced to in-fighting or hunting Sangheili hopelessly, seem to have surrendered up most of their technology and hide in shame on Doisac, quietly forgotten to time.-The Unggoy, always unfortunate, have found little peace in the Post-War: While Sangheili have come to terms of the diminutive alien’s talents and obedience, Kig-Yar and Jiralhanae seem to have no problem enslaving and abusing vast amounts of the population, which as since boomed in the Post-War environment. Those within the UNSC and Sangheili controlled space happily serve under the best treatment they’ve ever received.-The Drones of Palamak serve their Queens mindlessly: the Sangheili have engaged hunts for these Queens with little success, their locations unknown. However, the problem is minimal as the appearance of the buggers has diminished.-The Lekgolo worms and their larger counterparts happily serve the Sangheili, who have more than once proved their honor, valor, and strength: These behemoth colonies have proved invaluable to the restoration of the Sangheili and UNSC might. However, a significant number of colonies seem to have disappeared, perhaps returned to lands of their origin.-Finally, the surviving San’Shyuum have all but disappeared off the radar: Whatever ships escaped from High Charity containing the defeated, hunted race have never been heard from again; they’re thought to have slinked away to nurse the grievous wounds to their society as best as possible, but the race is thought to never recover to its previous might again.----------------------------------With the world in such a chaotic, tense peace, one can only wonder why these many races are so quiet. The answer to this question constantly lingers on my mind… Even with the New Breed, the need to feel secure is left unnourished. Please, don’t let my personal thoughts stray your reading of this report on the Status of Postwar Year 2590. Perhaps it’s all in my head; perhaps something new, dreadful, earth-shattering is on the horizon. Do not publish this last paragraph, Lauren. Simply edit and patch through everything else to the O.N.I. Bureau of Postwar Reconstruction.Thanks,Ex-Captain Blake~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Table of ContentsI. IntroductionII. RulesIII. StaffingIV. RewardsV. Important Locations of the Halo UniverseVI. Species of the Halo UniverseVIa. Playable SpeciesVIb. Non-Playable SpeciesVII. Rankings and NamesVIIa. Species and Their RankingsVIIb. Species and Their Naming SystemVIII. WeaponryIX. VehiclesX. StarcraftXI. FactionsXII. SignupXIII. Player-CharactersI. IntroductionWelcome, one and all, to the Halo RPG! I'll be your host, Vakshaga (though most people call me Vak for short)! Ever wondered what the Halo Universe was like after the end of the war? Well, here we are! You, the players, decide the course of the RPG in more ways than one: it could be anything from creating a valuable alliance to deciding the fate of a large-scale battle. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask me via PM. I try my best to appeal to the players, and will keep an open mind to any and all questions, suggestions, content, or the like. Now then, for those who do not know me or might need a refreshing of the BZP Rules, let's go on to Exhibit A of the First-Post Tour, shall we?II. The Rules of Halo: RetributionI would like to point this out: Punishments are doled out by a new system unlike most RPG systems: I do not give you direct, 'rule' punishments like the typical RPG. Instead, unless it is among serious or constant offenses, I punish you in game. You will know you're punished when a character of yours suddenly dies or lose all they hold dear. Anything like that. If you want to discuss your punishments, PM me. I will provide warnings and such OOC before dolling out such a punishment.<br />*Every aspect of BZPowers Forum Rules, The CoT Forum Rules, and RPG Forum Rules are to be obeyed. Failure to do so not only breaks the rules of the RPG itself, but of the website as well.*Watch your offensive language. While snide remarks or cynical phrases are allowed in context, do not verbally assault another player. Obscene words are generally unrecommended and advised to be avoided. However, this is based of an M-Rated Game series, and with use of proper censorship I will allow subtle use of /some/ obscenities to add to the drama of a post.*NO God-Modding. While it is a widespread RPG rule, I see it abused all the time. You're only a single, mortal soldier. You can't take the brunt of a plasma blast to your head, face it. If I catch a player God-Modding AFTER warning them, they will be punished with the death of their character. You may continue the RPG under a new character, but this is a one-chance offer. Continue God-Modding, and you're out.*Do not critically wound or kill another player's character. This rule is only bypassed if the aforementioned player has given you permission, and even then it must mentioned OOC as being approved*Do NOT Flame or Argue with another player! I can not stress this enough; please try to resolve any problems diplomatically. If this can not be achieved, PM me to intervene and work it out. This includes new players who might be unfamiliar with the Halo Universe or unfamiliar with the practice of Role-Playing. Either give them bits of advice with politeness, or leave them to me as I will handle any problems new players create myself.<br />*Don't play protagonist. Every player contributes to the RPG, and while some may become more crucial than others, there will never be a time where I consider a player-character the protagonist of the entire RPG. Neither should you.*No inter-species /love/ relationships. While characters from different species may grow bonds, whether they be rivalry or brotherly, it has proven in the past to be most troublesome for various reasons to have characters from different races fall in love. It should also be noted that if two players wish it, there CAN be a subtle under layer of romance or affection, however actions such as kissing or further are not allowed and unnecessary due to the problems created.*Last but by far the most important rule....Have fun and enjoy yourself! RPGs are meant for the entertainment of its players and building their abilities to interact with others! If you aren't having fun, don't feel obliged to stay against your will!~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~III. Staffing PositionsCurrently, the RPG is being run by myself and two starting assistants. However, other players who deem themselves as reliable, friendly, and possessing leadership-qualities may become my further Staff to accomdate the RPG as it grows. These players should be regarded as having the powers I would normally have if I have something to attend to that requires absence from BZPower. These players will also answer any questions or resolve any problems in my absence if they possess the answers or solutions needed. However, you will NOT receive this position if I catch wind of you sucking up to me, or if you ask me, as these qualities are not ones that I look for in good assistants. I'll be lookin for Assistants as is, so if you think you're good for the job, prove it don't say itCurrent Branch of Staff:Leader - Vakshaga/Vak's InfernoAssistant-Leaders - Akaku:Master of Flight, Kini HawkeyeIV. RewardsPlayers who behave good or participate actively may find themselves given a reward. More detail will be given case-by-case, but rewards can include (Not all rewards apply to every species) enhanced shielding, salvaged Forerunner tech, rank-ups, being given your own squad of NPCs to command, etc. The possibilities are endless and vary depending on the situation. The witty RPer may find rewards for being observant and keeping a sharp mind. Rewards are not a focal point of the RPG, mind you: They're simply little add-ons to reward those who abide by the rules, and to mix up situations a little now and then.~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~V. Important Locations of the Halo UniverseOf course, any navigation officer would tell you that Earth is the crowning jewel of the galaxy, but there are other planets of significant importance inhabited by various races- others may still host many undiscovered secrets. Any of these locations may be visited in the RPG. Locations may be added as the RPG progresses.Earth - The home world of the human race, permanently scarred as a result of the Human-Covenant War. Africa suffered the most damage; half of the continent is more or less a glassy crust of dried, broken ground. Human civilization has built around the ashes and restored part of their formal glory. The planet is now guarded by at least 50 various ships at all times as well as 17 of the remaining Orbital Defense Platforms out of the original 300, accompanied by a further 13 replacement Platforms. This is where the UNSC headquarters now operates since the Fall of Reach.Reach - The once mighty and impregnable fortress planet of Reach fell to the Covenant in 2552. However, after the Halo incident, John 117 and a small group of surviving marines discovered the planet was only partially glassed. The fleet had instead searched for Forerunner artifacts on the surface of the planet. Not long after, the Covenant space station Unyielding Hierophant gave call to a massive Covenant fleet, some of which can be assumed to be the fleet that orbited Reach, as their purpose had been ruined by the Instillation 04 survivors. After the war, a small scouting party found that part of Reach was barely habitable, and since then has been terraformed: about 85% of the planet it now habitable, and the population's use of the rich titanium mines is quickly restoring Reach to a state of its former self.Mars - The planet Mars was terraformed many years ago and transformed into a hospitable planet that slowly started to resemble Earth. It also became a chief ship-building facility. The planet was home to a battle near Earth towards the end of the Human-Covenant War. Even though the humans lost, the Loyalists were too focused on Earth to glass the planet. Today, it is the chief manufacturer of weaponry across the UNSC.Chi-Ceti IV - The planet of Chi-Ceti IV was found abandoned as it had been left during the Human-Covenant War. While the research facility was partially melted from angered Covenant patrols that found nothing left to gain, the planet was largely left alone. After the war, a colony settlement party found the planet still in moderately good condition and settlement began. This was the only Outer-Colony planet found in hospitable condition from the pre-war UNSC controlled space.Sanghelios - The home world of the Elite race. The planet is similar to that of Earth, yet is part of a Triple-Star System. The two orbiting moons are Qikost and Suban. The planet has roughly similar climates as that of Earth. The land masses are farther spread apart, and the planet is made up of city-states ran by individual clans. The planet was possibly attacked when the Covenant Civil War started, yet the Elites pride themselves too much to disclose any information on damage. In the past few years, it has been assessed that Sanghelios recieved on minor damage, and that the Elites have focused on restoration of other worlds.Doisac - The Brute home world. The three orbiting moons are Warial, Solrapt, and Teash. The planet was scarred as a result of generations of civil war between Brute clans. The planet has a tropical styled atmosphere in many areas; the rest are magnetic, magma filled wastelands. The planet was only spared from Orbital Bombardment due in part to the in-fighting nature of the Brutes, whom the Elites left to bicker and rot amongst themselves.Balaho - The Grunt home world is mostly frozen over, and the atmosphere is filled with Methane. Some regions of the planet are of a more swampy mix, indicating some mildly warm, hospitable places for the Grunt population to live in relative safety. The planet's atmosphere has small traces of suffering from over industrialization by the Covenant years ago. Since then, the Grunts have been able to repopulate their otherwise thinning race after the war. The planet is protected from Brute and Jackal enslavements by the UNSC-Sangheili Alliance. Its orbiting moons are Buwan and Padpad.Te - The world where the Lekgolo (the worms that make up the body of a Hunter) were found. The surface is hidden by many various gasses, and is rich in Forerunner ruins. These ruins have been eaten away at by Lekgolo worms, and have formed a ring of ionized debris around the main planet. The planet has 25 orbiting satellite moons.Eayn - Technically a moon itself, Eayn is the Jackal home world orbiting the planet Chu'ot. The moon has lighter gravity of that than Earth, which means that the Jackal inhabitants have even faster actions and reactions on Eayn. With an atmosphere similar to Earth, it is here that the Jackals ended their squabbles against eachother and started pirating other ships, namely Covenant before being absorbed into the alien masses. After the Human-Covenant War, the planet has become a black market of sorts; the Jackals will deal with any species so long as they pay well. The planetoid is not considered safe to navigate near due to unrestricted pirating the Jackals are prone to committing.Palamok - The last known Covenant species home world, where the Drones were discovered by the Covenant. The planet has an atmosphere similar to that of Earth, but twice as much gravity. The Drones likely did not originate on Palamok, but instead one of its four orbiting moons. The gravity would otherwise be too much for the Drones to evolve and develop wings. Assistance from Grav-belts allowed them flight on Palamok as well as Earth, where their bodies would still be too heavy for flight in all likelihood. Only one Drone Queen has been discovered here in recent years: it hints at the use of the Drones by other species is continuing.Substance - The gas giant near Installation 05, Delta Halo. After the death of the Gravemind, human and Elite theorists concluded that the flood had returned to their feral ways and were more than likely subdued by the sentinel forces after losing the cohesion the Gravemind gave them.Eiro Jima - A newly discovered planet between Elite and human forces, the planet is largely water based and filled with floating cities of human design, yet built with the alloy Elites used on their armored star craft. The planet was found relatively close to Doisac, and as such even features a single Orbital Defense Platform as well as several ships and satellite surveillance. The planet is a place of trade and rich in resources, making it key to the recovery of Sanghelios and the UNSC-controlled planets.~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~VI. Species of the Halo UniverseThis section will show you the various playable and non-playable species to be found in the RPG. If you have any further questions about a chosen species that is not answered here, PM me.VIa. Playable:Humans - Need I really provide a description? No. However, I will address the various 'types' that may be played as.Marines: The standard soldiers of the United Nations Space Command, marines are tougher than nails more often than not. Regardless of them being considered the 'basic' military by other species, any marine is renowned and respected for their bravery when the situation is pit against them. Standard Issue Ballistic armor is worn as well as various head pieces. Hellbringers: The 'pyros' of the UNSC, these soldiers aren't afraid to break out the heat. Wearing protective full-body armor as to not set themselves ablaze, with an extra pack on their back to support sustained flame usage, these units are devastating in close quarters to anyone in their way.ODST: The hardcore soldiers of the UNSC, the ODSTs are trained to be lean, mean, killing machines. Next to Spartans, they are the UNSC's best ground unit, capable of inserting from the atmosphere or space onto a planet's surface in HEVs. ODSTs are equipped with an alternative HUD called VISR, which is best used in dark settings as it can only adjust so much in lit up areas. VISR outlines objectives in Yellow, friendlies in Green, and hostiles in Red.UNSC Marine-Airforce: The pilots of ground-op flight vehicles such as the Hornet or Longsword. These pilots are Marine service men that take care of piloting any available aircraft. When not present, trained Marines may take their place on vehicles such as Pelicans.UNSC Navy: The UNSC Navy has some of the best strategic operations records in history. They are known to outmaneuver superior opponents who would otherwise reduce them to molten slag. These servicemen and women also are responsible for the transportation of the marines around space.Spartain-IIIs: The last remaining super-humans in the UNSC's arsenal. After the Human-Covenant war, nearly all known Spartan IIs were 'M.I.A.' However, Ackerson's research continued and by 2585, a new company of Spartan-IIIs (funded by the Sangheili and UNSC), Delta Company, was born. In this post-war atmosphere, with so few planets to manage, more resources were available to this Spartan Class. While it is smaller due to the lack of gene pool qualifications, the 100-strong Delta Company Spartans sport Mark VI armor, much like their Spartan-II counterparts of many years passed by.Elites - The true name of the Elite race is 'Sangheili', and they some of the fiercest warriors known to mankind. As thoughtful as any human, and as strong as spartans, the Sangheili are not to be underestimated. They have currently become allied to the UNSC, and share space supremacy with the humans. Many Sangheili learned how to replicate the ships they used in the old Covenant thanks in part to the process of Human Reverse-Engineering. There is a Sangheili navy and army; they are skilled at both.Brutes - An ape-like species from the planet Doisac, better known as Jiralhanae. Originally, they were a lower class among the Covenant caste system. However, the last three Heirarchs of the Covenant brought the Jiralhanae to glory in the final days of the Covenant. Brutally strong and capable, the Jiralhanae aren't afraid to tinker with unknown technology. They are much quicker to anger and more primitive than their Sangheili enemies. Jiralhanae can pilot ships and vehicles, and they do so in a vicious manner. The Jiralhanae have 'packs' that are like families. If one falls, the others become enraged, sometimes even beserking. The Jiralhanae now keep to themselves after the loss of the war, but keep patrols with their remaining ships from the Civil War.Grunts - Once used by the Covenant as cannon fodder, the grunts (or Unggoy) were a largely abused species during the reign of the Covenant. When the Civil War started, the Unggoy population was sagging from years of massacre at the hands of humans. The Unggoy are more often than not cowardly, as seen by their decision to stay with whoever currently led them upon the happening of the Civil War. However, it should be noted the Unggoy are capable of fair levels of intelligence, as they can pilot ground vehicles or trick others with carefully chosen words. While cowardly alone, in a pack their confidence is bolstered and they fight ferociously. The Balaho Treaty freed the Unggoy of slavery after the war from various races, allowing them independence. Today, Unggoy either keep to themselves or continue loyal service to the Sangheili. However, there is illegal slave trade of Unggoy currently present.Jackals - The pirates of the space, also known as Kig-Yar, are the Jackals. Even before succession to the old Covenant, they had space flight and naval ships of their own. Eventually the Kig-Yar gave in to the Covenant Armada and began service as elite mercenaries and snipers. After the fall of the Covenant, the Kig-Yar returned to their pirating ways, even possessing a few small Covenant craft. Jackals think mostly for themselves or their mates and hold honor or religion with contempt. There are multiple Subspecies of Kig-Yar that appear differently; the largest two sects are the Marksman Jackals and the Skirmisher Jackals, with Marksman Jackals dominating the species.Hunters - In reality the Hunters (Mgalekgolo) are made up of hundreds of eel-like creatures. When a colony gets large enough, it splits in half, creating a 'pair' of Mgalekgolo. These pairs are referred to as 'bond brothers'. Surprisingly, the Mgalekgolo are capable of speech by vibrating their various eels and rearranging them. These creatures have a habit to be ruthless in combat with a near-unbreakable shield and a Fuel Rod. They will fight in both close combat and distanced combat with surprising effectiveness. Their armor makes them tough to take down. The death of a bond brother inspires rage in the second Mgalekgolo, who will try to avenge their 'brother'. Mgalekgolo are known to recite war poetry and hold honor high. This is why many sided with the Sangheili during the Civil War as the Sangheili were superior combatants and held honor high as well. A few Mgalekgolo sided with the Jiralhanae however, possibly respect to their brute strength. After the war, many Mgalekgolo remained in service to their chosen side. Only a select few attempted to return home and keep the colonies breeding.Engineers - A species created by the ancient Forerunners, also called the Huragok, these floating creatures are not used as a military force but rather a science team of sorts. Built with the intelligence of a supercomputer, Huragok care not for 'sides' and peacefully ignore any conflict around them while they reap what technological advances they can find in the area. Huragok communicate with whistling and sign language, and they hate violence more than many others. The Huragok are protected by both Sangheili and humans, while others may travel freely on undiscovered Forerunner artifacts. Players choosing to use the Engineer should be warned: While equipped with both shielding and possibly light armor, the Huragok cannot fight back by means of hand to hand or vehicle-less engagements.Drones - These insect-like sentients (Yanme'e) are a hive-mind alien capable of flight and creating hives in mere hours. Notoriously well-aimed while in flight, Yanme'e should be taken serious as despite their weak carapace they swarm in large numbers. Yanme'e have a hive-mind and follow the orders of a 'monarch'- usually a queen of their own brood. The only playable Yanme'e are of a special Hive that developed a mutation allowing non-hive mind thoughts, although the creatures still heavily rely on eachother for support and have a heavy family bond.VIb. Non-Playable:Spartan-IIs - The original, successful Spartan Program resulted in Super-Soldiers of unparalleled skill in anything from reaction times to piloting to combat and strength. The Spartan IIs, with their MJOLNIR armor, were very small in quantity, yet they made up for it with quality.---Reason for being Non-Playable: They'd be in their later 70s or early 80s throughout the events of this RPG, and it is unknown which Spartan-IIs survived to see human-controlled space again. Simply put, they're out of the picture by 2590; the Spartan-IIs have ascended to the status of legends.Prophets - A physically weak race, after the Human-Covenant War they were nearly obliterated. The San'Shyuum seethed with anger at their loss and banishment. The San'Shyuum's main strength came from their ability to harvest Forerunner technology and persuade other species. Now, the San'Shyuum are hidden away on some backwater planet hiding in the shadows, only spared because because of the grevious damage to all parties. Their only weapon of defense are their gravity thrones which may or may not come equipped with weaponry.---Reason for being Non-Playable: Not enough combat directed use, mainly political and few in number. Also incredibly few in population, reserved useage.*May be an award for experienced RPers later in the RPG.Flood - An alien race of unknown origin. They survive through infecting other, sentient species and massing their bodies to create intelligent leader-like 'Graveminds'. When a strong enough Gravemind is present, the Flood gain cohesion and are more than just mindless corpses. A Gravemind's presence also allows for dangerous 'pure forms' to exist. Flood easily spread their infection once one is released. Suspected as the direct /or/ indirect cause of the Forerunner's disappearance from the Galaxy.---Reason for being Non-Playable: The Flood would make very poor player-characters. However, it is possible to have your character infected partway; just be aware that if you chose this path, that character will become temporary and most likely die later in the RPG.~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~VII. Rankings and the Naming SystemThe various species of the Halo Universe have diverse ways of being named, as well as their own separate ranking systems. Post-Covenant species still retain the ranks they held in their Covenant Caste.Ranks marked with * are ranks that players of that species may start as.VIIa. RankingsUNSC Marines:(Applies to ODSTs, Heat-Bringers, Marines, Spartans) (It should be noted that Enlisted ranks are the only starting ranks, and you may climb the chain of command ladder from wherever you wish to start)*Pvt. 1st Class*Lance Corporal*Sergeant*Staff Sergeant*Gunnery Sergeant*Master/1st SergeantSergeant MajorOfficer:2nd Lieutenant1st LieutenantCaptainMajorLieutenant ColonelColonelBrigadier GeneralMajor GeneralLieutenant GeneralGeneralUNSC Navy:(applies to shipboard personnel and pilots) (It should be noted that Enlisted ranks are the only starting ranks, and you may climb the chain of command ladder from wherever you wish to start)Enlisted:*Crewmen*Petty Officer 3rd Class*Petty Officer 2nd Class*Petty Officer 1st Class*Chief Petty Officer*Senior Chief Petty Officer*Master Chief Petty OfficerOfficer:*Ensign*Lieutenant Jr. Grade*LieutenantLieutenant CommanderCommanderCaptainRear Admiral (Lower Half)Rear Admiral (Upper Half)Vice AdmiralAdmiralFleet AdmiralElites:Infantry-*Minor*MajorUltraZealotGeneralField MarshallSpecOps-*Ranger (Flight and Zero-Gee)*Stealth (Spies and Assassins)*Special OperationsSpecial Operations CommanderHonor Guards (Now in service to important Sangheili Figures)Navy- (Note: All personnel except the Supreme Commander can partake in ground engagements)*Minor*Major*ZealotSupreme CommanderBrutesInfantry-*Minor*Major*Ultra*Bodyguard (Normally found protecting an important Chieftan)SpecOps-*Stalker (Stealth)*Jump Pack Minor*Jump Pack MajorJump Pack CaptainLeaders-*CaptainCaptain MajorCaptain UltraChieftans-War ChieftanChieftanHunters (It should be noted that Hunter players can either play as both Hunters, or can team up with another player to have one Hunter character each)<br />Infantry-*RegularMajorUltraDroneInfantry-*Workers (bright green)*Worker-Soldier (pale green)*Minor Soldier (blue)*Major Soldier (white)Captain Minor (red)Captain Major (gold)JackalsInfantry-*MinorMajor*SkirmisherSkirmisher Major*SniperNavy-*Ranger (flying/zero G equipped)*ZealotShipmistress/ShipmasterGruntsInfantry-*Minor*MajorUltraOther-*Heavy*Special Operations*Deacon (religious leader, now used as moral-boosters instead, and are trained in combat)Flood (Non-Playable)Forms-InfectionCombat FormCarrierBomberThrasherSwarmPureSpecial-Proto-GravemindGravemindVIIb. Naming System Humans - Everyone knows what a human's name is! Humans are allowed, however, to have secondary nicknames.Elites - Examples include: Voro Mantakar, Thel Vadam, etc. The 'ee' suffix was removed when the Elites defected from the Covenant.Brutes - Examples include: Tartar, Tartarus, Macabeus, Rutgar. The 'us' suffix is added when a Brute reaches adulthood.Prophets - Real names unknown. Go by names such as Prophet of Ministry, Prophet of Anger, Prophet of Clarity.Hunters - The given name has three syllables, but the bond name and line name only have two syllables: Waruna Kasu VeeluEngineers - Named for their buoncy (ability to float) Examples: Lighter Than Some, A Bit Too Heavy, Flies Just RightDrones - Unknown if names exist for DronesJackals - Given a single-syllable name, shipmasters/mistreses have the prefix Chur'R before their name.Grunts - Can be repeating sounds to single-syllables cluttered with consonants. Ex1. Babap, Ex2. Flim~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~VIII. WeaponryDue to the mass destruction all species met during the Human-Covenant War and the Covenant Civil War, weaponry has remained largely unchanged. For the Weapons Section, I will be relying on the use of Wiki Pages to explain it. For those with further questions on specifics, please PM me. If you do not know what species/ranks are permitted to what guns, just submit the weapon you want your character to have and I'll give you amends if needed.http://halo.wikia.co...i/UNSC_Weaponryhttp://halo.wikia.co...venant_Weaponry~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~IX. VehiclesThe ground-war arsenal would be incomplete without vehicles to speed up transport or plow through heavily armed enemies. Just as weaponry, the various species of the Covenant and the humans are still using the vehicle models from the Human-Covenant War.UNSC Vehicles:Mongoose - Light Reconnaissance. No Weaponry.Warthog - Light Recon Vehicles. Weapons vary from a light machine gun, to a gauss gun. May sacrifice weapon space for a larger body to carry more soldiers.Wolverine - Anti-Air Vehicle.Cobra - Anti-Armor/Artillery Vehicle.Gremlin - Support Vehicle capable of EMP.Scorpion - Main Battle Tank. Stronger, improved but costly version: Grizzly Main Battle Tank.Rhino - Artillery unit using experimental Plasma.Elephant - Heavily armored mobile command center.UNSC Aircraft:Hornet - UNSC Surface Air support craftSparrowhawk - UNSC Surface Air Support Craft (advanced, experimental plasma weaponry)Falcon - Twin-rotor transport with a chin mounted pilot controlled gun as well as two side guns for personnel to use as well as a 4-man troop bay.Pelican - Troop Transport/Support CraftShortsword - Atmospheric Surface BomberLongsword - Outer Space Single Ship FighterF-99 Unmanned Combat Drone -Surface FighterVulture - Heavy Air Support CraftCovenant Vehicles:Ghost - Light Recon/Attack VehicleBrute Chopper - Brute-specific Light Attack VehicleBrute Prowler - Brute-specific ArmorSpectre - Resembles Brute Prowler in many ways including weaponryShadow - Covenant Transport VehicleWraith - Artillery. There is also an Anti-Air Variant.Locust - Long-range anti-structure VehicleScarab - Heavily Armored Assault ArmorRevenant - Light Attack Vehicle with cut-down Plasma Cannon ArtilleryCovenant Aircraft:Banshee - Light Air Assault CraftVampire - Anti-Air AircraftSpirit - Dropship, primarily of Elite use.Phantom - Heavy Dropship, extra weaponry.Seraph - Outer Space Single Ship Fighter~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~X. StarcraftThe humans, Elites, Brutes, Prophets, and Jackals are all gifted with the ability to pilot massive starships. These were crucial to the Covenant; their superior ship technology is what nearly obliterated mankind. Just as vehicles, and weapons before them, in the span since the end of the war little has changed. However, UNSC Ships were upgraded to carry shielding as well as updated Slipspace Matrixes, increasing the accuracy of jumps. Below are the various active-use ships.UNSC:Frigate - Lightest military starship with one MAC cannon and archer missiles.Destroyer - Heavily armed military starship with a MAC, Archer Missiles, and SHIVA Warheads.Halcyon Cruiser - Out of date cruiser brought back into use during the Human-Covenant War. Can take tremendous punishment due to honey-combed layering within.Marathon Cruiser - Commandeered only by admiralty. Possess 2 MAC guns and dozens of oversized Archer Missile Pods.Carrier - Armored ships whose main armament are the many singleships housed within. Have extra large hangars.Colony Ship - Repurposed colony ships used for heavy ground support.Super Carrier - Heavily armored, very few built. House hundreds of craft and sport a powerful MAC Gun.Covenant: (used by Elites, Brutes, Prophets, Jackals)Agricultural Support - Contains sustenance for a fleet.Frigate - Lightest Covenant shipDestroyer - Heavily armed Covenant ship.Cruiser - Armored ship with no hangar. Five plasma turrets and pulse laser armament. Light Cruiser is a smaller version.CCS-Class - One of many capital ships, heavily armed.Reverence Cruiser - 3 kilometers long, serve as a flagship.Battleship - 2km long with 5 bulbous sections. Heavily armored and armed, has a particle beam weapon that can 'snipe' enemy ships from a distance.<br />Super Cruiser - Huge Cruiser containing hundreds of dropships and ground war materials.Carrier - Capable of holding hundreds of singleships.Assault Carrier - Contains many ships, vehicles, and soldiers. Hangars are enlarge enough to carry two UNSC Frigates and still have room.Super Carrier - Largest ship in the fleet with 5 bulbous sections, a huge hangar, and a bristling weapons armament.~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~XI. FactionsThe current 'factions' are alliances and truces. The true factions will develop later in the story. At the beginning of the RPG, you do not necessarily need to 'adhere' yourself to a faction, these are merely loose alliances. They also provide species that may be in each group.UNSC-Sangheili Alliance - UNSC, Elites, Engineers, Grunts, HuntersThe Remnant - Prophets, Brutes, Jackals, Grunts, Hunters, Drones, EngineersEayn Insurrection - Jackals, Insurrectionist humans, Insurrectionist Elites, Engineers~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~XII. Player SignupTo join the RPG, fill out this form. If you have any questions about your choices for the Signup sheet, PM your question with the profile. All profiles MUST be PM'd to me, not posted on the RPG's actual topic. While filling out the form, please omit the writing in parenthesis.Here we go:BZP Username -Character Name -Species -Affiliation - (navy, infantry, marines, etc.)Rank -Faction -Specialize in - (examples: Explosives, sniping, alien technology/human technology, leadership roles, etc.)Primary Weapon -Side-Arm -Grenade - (You start with 2 of your chosen grenade)Appearance -Biography -XIII. Player-Characters (TOTAL: --)Name - Species - Rank - PlayerUNSC Navy - 4Vale - Human - Commander - VakRoxanne Bright - Human - Petty Officer 1st-C - King of ShadowsAndrew "Rooks" Kryler - Human - Lieutenant - AkakuLyndis Carter - Human - Petty Officer 2nd-C - LavamaUNSC Marines - 7Marcus - Jiralhanae - Ultra - ~JC~Daler Mehndi - Human - Gunnery Sergeant - Kini HawkeyeWilliam James Berrien - Human - Private 1st-C - LavamaWill Serrox - Human - Private - FlutterTreeLeah "Trouble" Brady - Human - Sergeant - Inferna [Flamethrower unit]Paul Harris - Human - PFC - Mef Man [Flamethrower Unit]Kennith Aodh - Human - Master Sergeant - Burnmad [Flamethrower unit]UNSC ODSTs - 16Antony Graham - Human - Sergeant Major - VakKatrina Grey - Human - Sergeant - BundalingsBooker Classet - Human - Private 1st-C - BundalingsTheodore Beyer - Human - Private 1st-C - BundalingsThomas Green - Human - Lance Corporal - SkarlothThomas Hunter - Human- Lance Corporal - Silvan HavenDevan Hammond - Human - Sergeant - TransaironMike King - Human - Private 1st-C - The XJason Hemming - Human - Lance Corporal - Promised LandRachel Cass - Human - Staff Sergeant - Promised LandColin Ferris - Human - Lance Corporal - ZarwinAllan Myles - Human - 1st Sergeant - ~Wish~Leliel Harvenheight - Human - Staff Sergeant - SpinkJohn Seah - Human - Sergeant - FlutterTreeJoel Rayle - Human - Staff Sergeant - AkakuDavian Thule - Human - Staff Sergeant - LavamaBlaze Drake - Human - Corporal - Leonidas SpartanaUNSC Delta Company Spartans - 6Rex D062 - Human - Gunnery Sergeant - Leonidas SpartanaEdward D056 - Human - Master Sergeant - Toa LingCassandra D052 - Human - Lance Corporal - The MaskTerra D048 - Human - Sergeant - Stoney the RaptorShawn D042 - Human - Corporal - FlutterTreeZac D017 - Human - Sergeant - Alt.DSangheili Infantry - 6Kiro Uron - Elite - Ultra (Stealth Division) - Kini HawkeyeVume Chavam - Elite - Major - ZarwinZarana Fehra Veru - Hunter - Regular - InfernaKaldera Fehra Selre - Hunter - Regular - InfernaSona Waka Klatu - Hunter - Regular - Leonidas SpartanaKakat - Grunt - Deacon - InfernaSangheili Navy - 1Klax Faldak - Elite - Major - SkarlothSangheili SpecOps - 3B'kar Velrun - Elite - SpecOps Commander - VakMato Moram' - Elite - SpecOps - Leonidas SpartanaSan' Garo - Elite - Ranger - AkakuEayn Insurrection - 3Cain Michaellis - Human - Rebel Soldier - SpinkSaur - Jackal - Skirmisher (Commando) - Leonidas SpartanaThar Mentra - Elite - Major - LavamaThe Remnant - 1Macabethus - Brute - Captain - LavamaIndependent - 2Ket - Jackal - Skirmisher - InfernaShor' Talas - Elite - Former SpecOps - FlutterTreeO.N.I. - 0~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~And now, for the beginning of retribution...IC:July 07, 2590. 1400 Hours. Eiro Jima (XCL-29965). UNSC Plataea, LPO (Low-Planetary Orbit).Thin, polished, black-as-the-void of space boots pattered around the bridge of the UNSC Plataea. The dim, flourescent lighting cast an empty yellow-white light along the titanium-steel reinforced hull of the walls; it made the man feel at home, almost. He could never understand the iridescent purples that the Sangheili had accustomed themselves to, and would much rather several meters of pure steel plate between him and a bullet than a few centimeters of breastplate and a couple bags filled with tiny grains of sand. Sighing in complete comfort, he nodded to the Bridge Crew as he finished his survey of the cramped quarters laden with various arrays of communications, weapons control, FTL-Drive readings, reactor conditions, and navigations. The man sat down on a steel-plated chair; minimal comfort was built into it, and he always felt it was the lack thereof that pushed him to get up every so often and read the various stations alongside the group of Ensigns he had enlisted to his bridge. The Commander didn't mind; they were still recovering from the Human-Covenant War, so why would a lowly Commander such as himself have the more elite Officers serving on his Bridge? These men and women were capable, and the Marathon Cruiser was much more threatening than most of the behemoths that lofted their ways through the emptiness of space. Very few Covenant ships still existed that operated against the UNSC, and even fewer were ships capable of winning in one-on-one fights with the Plataea.Besides, they were in the safety of Eiro Jima now, after their three-month voyage from the last pit-stop on the long road from Earth. Today the planet would be receiving its third host of military personnel that hadn't come in with the original Colonization expedition. The first had already moved on to Sangheilios, as Eiro Jima was seen as a rest stop on the long road between the home of the Elites and their common friends, humanity. The second host was still present on the planet, and now the Commander's ship had been called forth to increase the UNSC presence on Eiro Jima as the planet grew.Below him lofted a sprawling Venecian cityscape; Eiro Jima was largely a water-based planet and most cities were built to branch off of small islands as floating havens for both humans and Elites alike. The seas were full of valuable resources to both the Sangheili and humans, and as such the two races cooperated in the settlement and maintenance of the planet. Often, Sangheili cities and human cities were kept separated to avoid interfering with the preferred style of government run by the opposite race, but trade flourished nonetheless. It was a bright, midsummers day down there, the Commander could tell. He sighed happily, lost in thoughts of sunlight reflecting off the beautiful seas and emerald-crested mountains of the western hemisphere.So lost in thought was the Commander, that the ship's A.I. finally gave way in, no longer waiting for the command (as many A.I. grew irritable with human hesitation; a second to any sentient being was an eternity for their processing capabilities). His avatar appeared, a brilliant display of an early Roman scholar looking down at clay tablets."Commander Vale, might I suggest that we wake up the crew? The ship is scheduled to drydock in 0200 hours."The young, clean-shaven and glossy-eyed man snapped back to reality, nodding with a thin-lipped smile. A.I. are always so very impatient.. I suppose in their world, all is for the best."Very well," he replied. "Go ahead and start defrosting the crew." The Commander spun to one of his consoles, typing in a message to the Crewmen working in the cryo bays.//Goodmorning, boys. It's time to let the jarheads out of their bedrooms, they're big kids now and they've had more than a nap. I'll be sending the rest of the Crew to help instruct the various soldiers in stretching and coming out of cryo. Start thawing off Cryo Bay A. Commander Vale.//The man reclined once more and looked out to the starscape. It was so peaceful now... for the first time in years and years... but for how long? The wounds were finally starting to heal... and yet war never truly allows the scar to seal. Never.OOC: All UNSC characters can now post in any of the Cryo Bays as getting up ^_^ Edited by Vak Il Mio Amore

IC: [Colin Ferris] As the cryo pod opened, and Colin slowly slipped out of unconsciousness, he knew that it would be a bad day. He stretched, and then winced as a pain shot out from his arm. Looking at it, he cursed as he noticed it was not bare. My watch? Why didn't I take it off. He gingerly unclasped it and let the damaged freezer burned skin breathe. "Ow," he said, getting his voice back. "Ow, ow, ow." He shook his wrist to get the feeling back, then wandered off to find his clothes, muttering, "I hate cryo, waking up always feels like the morning after a party, except there was no drinks or women the night before".

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: The familiar hissing of a cryo-pod opening had, as far as Leliel felt concerned, woken her up as it were. Unlike many of the others who might have complained, groaned, started conversation and eventually adjusted to their settings, Leliel just got up and immediately got dressed. Unlike many of the others, Leliel had a type of anti-social aspect to her personality, though it was likely due to her seemingly perpetual cranky mood. Despite the usual discomfort many would feel trapped on a ship, likely due to the separation from their families and homes, Leliel always seemed more angry than the others. Often her own temperament would manifest itself if someone said something positively boneheaded, or did something stupid, but when she didn't feel subjected to speaking to the others -- many of whom she merely could never relate to -- she often just quietly kept to herself, as if quietly seething. Smells clean... too clean, unnatural. It's sickening. The thoughts that buzzed around Leliel's head were merely complaints, feeling locked inside of an artificial tomb never did bring out her happy side. Then again, one would wonder why she took such issue with the atmosphere when she usually spent her time in bars on leave, the stomach churning scent of alcohol mixed with puke, the dark lights often playing tricks on the eyes and straining them, with people who likely shared a same temperament as Leliel herself, or were off reveling in the night, or were too depressed to be any fun to speak with in the first place. For some reason, such an atmosphere seemed to appeal to Leliel; that, or she just liked to kill her senses with cheap drinks and bar fights. Before many of the others got their bearings, Leliel had already put her uniform back on, the insignia of her rank designating her as a staff sergeant. In many cases, people wondered how such an explosive person could be elevated to such a position, though those very same people likely never served with her, or had any knowledge of her military history and even before then. Then again, just about no one had kept any sort of tabs on Leliel's pre-military years, and she often never talked about them. Odds would have it that she hadn't kept herself within the legal parameters of the law in her time, but no such information had ever surfaced, so she had never been taken into question, or denied from service from the get-go.

OOC: Halloween night.. great time to start an RPG :P IC: [Commander Vale] The bay doors to Cryo A opened with a frosty hiss, warm and cold air colliding in a magnificant, steamy display. Accompanied by two Crewmen was the Commander of the UNSC Plataea; the man had an admirably inspiring grin about his face as he observed the Marines and ODSTs of the Plataea stumbling, puking, and coughing as they adjusted to truly living once more. Not wishing to create an awkward tension by allowing the men and women to recognize his presence and salute in their birthday suits, he spun on his heels and nodded to the crewmen, who entered the Bay to assist with several others in helping the soldiers get back on their feet. One Crewman approached Colin, eyeing his wrist with a critical visage. "Sir... you may want to head to the infirmary at some point to check out that burn. Metal objects-" He noted the watch, "-can leave particularly nasty burns." Not far off, another Crewman approached Leliel. This one was full of cheer, and meandered over to the Staff Sergeant expecting some cute, ditzy girl who thought she was tough enough to drop Feet First. The man daintily made his way to her and spoke with a tone most relaxed, "Goodmorning, Staff Sergeant! Have some dreams about teddybear of yours back home?" He chuckled at his own quirky statement. Perhaps the Crewman was a little too cheery and dainty, but he didn't seem to mind. "Oh-ho, already dressed, too? Somebody is a go-getter!" IC: [special Operations Commander B'kar Velrun] Down in the city of New Venice, an entourage of Sangheili busily worked at the Drydocks, clearing away the scraps left behind from recent work on a Sangheili Destroyer to allow space for the workers who'd be reloading, modifying, and repairing various parts of the battered Marathon Cruiser the humans were bringing down within the next couple hours. Heading these noble warriors was the Special Operations Commander of Eiro Jima, B'kar Velrun. The Sangheili was broader and larger legged than most, with personalized Special Operations armor that reflected his station: Ideas from the Aesthetic division had influenced the additions to B'kar's otherwise regular SpecOps armor to create a more imposing, demoralizing appearance. In some ways, he resembled ancient warriors of Sangheili culture from days of yore. He also bore a heavily armored arm-guard on his left; the Sangheili had trained extensively back home with a form of energy blade that took the shape of a dual-pronged lance instead of a dual-pronged blade. Although heavily ceremonial, B'kar's training had left other Sangheili suspicious of his experiences with them on the field. Most didn't care to ask- It was not worth their life. The Special Operations Commander had been but a child during the final days of the Human-Covenant War. In the postwar climate he was raised a brutal, efficient warrior. This also had the side effect of influencing him more in the ways of Covenant tradition than most Sangheili who served in the military of the modern era. Considering himself a traditionalist, he was not afraid to slay the incompetent should they flee from battle or prove disgraceful. Sangheili governing factions often turned a blind eye; they could not afford to lose such a valuable leader and fighter. Thus, the Sangheili assigned under his command were often hand-picked as being capable, right-minded warriors who would not end up on the wrong end of his plasma. B'kar barked orders to several Sangheili arriving on site in a Shadow transport craft. "You there! Quickly, help move that spent plasma cannon to a more open area so the next Phantoms can lock it into their gravity belts!" The Commander grumbled from his post at the observation deck of the New Venice drydocks, only several meters above the rest of the platform- far enough to view the majority of the dock, close enough to bark his orders. Clacking his mandibles in thought, something seemed to catch the Sangheili's eye... humans in yellow jumpsuits carrying off a piece of the Destroyer. Curious and yet understanding, the SpecOps Commander chose to ignore their motion as the sharing of human and Sangheili technology was... tolerated... to an extent. Rather, he turned his attention to the Sangheili attempting to move the Plasma cannon. They seemed.. in need of assistance.

IC: "Rise and shine, Hemming," Rachel said as the cryo-chamber containing her old squadmate slid open and the medic stirred inside, "Time to get moving." "Sarge," Jason nodded in acknowledgement, stretching his stiff shoulders as he stepped out of the pod, "What time is it?" "1403. It's been about three months since we jumped," was the reply as Jason heaved and then swallowed, the bronchial surfactant sliding back down his throat, "Go and get dressed. I'll meet up with you later." "Right," Jason said, "See you later, Sarge." As his fellow ODST walked off, he spotted the crewman greeting Staff Sergeant Cealis and chuckled, having heard rumors of the woman's temperment. "Guy must have a death wish."

IC: [Colin Ferris] Colin grinned at the crewman's remark, "It's nothing a day or so won't cure." He pointed to his thigh, which showed obvious burn marks, "Besides, it's nothing as bad as a plasma burn." He turned and moved to his locker, pulling out clothes. "There's nothing like a good pair of pants after a cryo sleep." He winced as he put the pants on, "However, UNSC standard wear is by no means good."

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: "If you said that to me anywhere but here, you wouldn't be able to move your arms to hug your own fricking bear," Leliel growled in response, malice dripping from her tone. She absolutely hated those types of jokes, as she often found them picking at her pride and personal accomplishments. Besides, no one really enjoyed being the butt of a joke, Leliel just enjoyed it less than most people. Compared to some of the scuffles she had gotten into in the past, it might've been a saving grace that she hadn't acted violently right then, but Leliel also figured that these peppy crewmembers were likely near someone of much higher rank, and thus someone who could really give her a bad day -- one that wouldn't be worth sending an overly annoying person off to the medical bay. "What do you want?" She spat a few moments later, the venom not leaving her tone in the least.

IC: Allan sighed sharply as the cold hiss of the cryo chamber became audible, and the air around him breathable. This all came mere moments before his eyelids eased themselves open to see the UNSC insigna on the wall of reinforced steel, standing diretly opposite him. His purpose here all came within seconds, interrupting the peace of thought those short instances before awakening bought.Analysing his figure quickly, checking for excessively bad freezer-burn, Allan remembered what his father had told him; "remain alert, especially when stepping out of the tube."He then proceeded to step out, feeling the life return to his limbs surprisingly quickly. The glare of the light upon the floor stung his eyes, and the smells that filled the air were pleasently fresh, although he new that would quickly dissipate given the amount of individuals here.Seeing a few semi-lively crew members standing together nearby, he made his way over there, limping slightly. "How is everyone?" he said, with a facial expression that resembled a smile somewhat, the best he could do at the moment. "I hope the freezer burns aren't too bad."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: [Colin Ferris] Colin turned to the newly awakened UNSC member. He showed his watch burn, "I think next time we go under, I'll put the watch on my other arm, that way it'll look intentional." He grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head, sighing as he finished putting it on.

IC: [Colin Ferris] Colin laughed, "Plasma cuffs, that's not bad. I was just going to play it off as a bet. Although, I'm not quite sure if I would have won or lost said bet." He glanced around. "Anyone seen my boots?" He looked through the locker, then found them in the upper compartment. "Never mind, apparently I thought they were a hat." He chuckled, "Maybe I was drunk before we went in, that would explain a lot."

Edited by IamJackssplitpersonality

IC: Jason casually raised his hand before resuming tightening his own boots. "Been one for a couple of years now," he replied, flexing his foot to see if the boot was on right.

IC: [Colin Ferris] "ODST through and through." Colin grabbed his tags as he stepped into his boots. Throwing them around his neck, he knelt down and laced up his boots before tying them up. Standing back up, he grinned, "I cannot wait to dock. Eiro Jima is my kind of place."

IC: "Nice to know," Allan said, resting his feet in his newly-tied boots. "I've been an ODST ever since I joined the corps. I'm used to the specialized missions, but I do find myself wondering what it's like for the rest of the marines. Anyway, Eiro Jima a nice place to relax, but stay cautious nonetheless. The amount of pocket theft I've seen around here can get surprising. But hey, we're troopers. Wear our suits or insignas and people'll think twice before robbing us."Not that we should enjoy the intimidation at all," Allan said, with a dry giggle.

Edited by ~Wish: The Shadow~

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

IC: A bit down the line of lockers, a young woman was already in uniform, lacing up her boots, when she glanced over at the conversation. "Really, I don't see much point to even going down. Groundhogs everywhere and no real respect for the military. And the gravity's no fun. Mars is better."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: "Well, no one said that there'd be glory in this job," Jason shrugged, "Besides, I think that people's expectations of us haven't really come down all the way ever since the war ended. It's hard to impress people these days when our predecessors were fighting for the survival of our species."

IC: [Colin Ferris] "Mars wishes it were as pretty as Eiro Jima." Colin smiled, "I'll take a planet of water over that glassed red rock any day." He closed his locker, "You know, I'd take the lack of respect nowadays over the fear of being vaporized back then any day of the week. Complaints are the sign of a content populace."

IC: (Terra S48) As the mist cleared from the Cryo tube Terra stepped out exhaling icy breath. He was in full armor apart from his helmet which he'd been forced to take of due to the bulk of it making it uncomfortable. Walking into the locker room he unlocked the locker placing the EOD firmly on his head the HUD flickered up showing his surroundings and identifying his physical state as more or less good with mild symptoms of freezer burn "it's good to be back" he though to himself. Flexing his fingers to regain the feeling in them the he slowly walked towards Commander Vale to receive orders.

Edited by stoney the raptor

IC: Two heavy footfalls were heard clanking on the metal grate that made up the floor of the cryo bay; an unannounced presence. When the voice spoke, it bore a deep bass with a hint of Greek heritage in the accent. "The chance is never too late for that last option. The Eayn Pirates have become double the threat since they absorbed the United Rebel Front in 2579. Plasma-related murders have gone up in fringe colonies like this one of late. We're mostly here for security... But I wouldn't be one to soon doubt the possibility of live-action. We may not be at war, but we're still the finest in all the UNSC, ooh-rah?" The man was bald, with a dark bronze tan. He bore a vicious scar along the right flank of his neck, descending down into realms of his body covered by the breastplate and collar of his armor. He wore the insignia of the ODSTs, and was identified on all operating HUDs as a Sergeant Major. The man's CSV was classified for some of his actions in the direct years following the end of the legendary Human-Covenant War. However, rumors had spread: He had been the sole survivor of three different squads, and every time his armor was painted a hue of reds, purples, and flourescent blues. Myth or not, here stood Sergeant Major Antony Graham. A couple of the Crewmen in the room quickly left to find another room- most of the Marines here were already up, and the intimidating rumors of ODSTs, this one in particular, was more than invitation to move on. The Crewman who had pestered Leliel quickly apologized and scampered away, her wrath more than enough to send him with his tail between his legs so to speak. Meanwhile, Commander Vale had returned to the Bridge- He was not to be disturbed until the drydocking sequence was complete in what was now 0125 hours.

IC: [Colin Ferris] Colin laughed again, the crewman were always fun to watch. He felt sorry for them sometimes. "ODST's as security. My oh my, how times have changed. I could have sworn at one point we dropped in from space and killed things."

BZP Username - Rookie Leonidas Spartana (formerly SPARTAN-D124)Character Name - Rex-D062Species - HumanAffiliation - UNSC Marine CorpsRank - Gunnery SergeantFaction - UNSC-SASpecialize in - Leadership and close-quarters combat, and has a special like of Energy Swords, Energy Daggers, and combat knivesPrimary Weapon - BR55HB SR Battle RifleSide-Arm - M45 Tactical ShotgunGrenade - Prefers Plasma Grenades, but knows how to use others very wellAppearance - Short-cropped silver hair, silver eyes. Has a T-shaped scar on his right cheek and another on his left cheek in the shape of a crescent moon with three horizontal slashes through it. He lost his right arm in combat, and has a prosthetic one with an Energy Dagger built into it. His grey and silver MJOLNIR armor consists of a modified CQB helmet, UA/Multi-Threat shoulders, UA/Base Security chest, UA/Buckler wrist, and GUNGNIR knees.Biography - Rex was born on Earth, in the American midwest. His parents were killed during a bank robbery, leaving him an orphan. He was adopted into the SPARTAN-III program. Rex harbors a strong hate of Jiralhanae, killing them often with a smile on his face. He is a soldier who cares about his team, and has often put his life in jeopardy to save a comrade (which in the past resulted in him losing an arm).

Edited by Rookie Leonidas Spartana

OOC: Leonidas, can you PM that to me please? As it saysi n the first post, I want profiles PM'd- that way I have them all on my own private record and we don't waste a bunch of space fine-tuning your profile. IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham] "Aye... Though those are times lost to us for now. The last time I heard of ODSTs actualling sticking to the name was the Sanghelios Riot. You know about that one, soldier?" The man rocked from one leg to the next, obviously anticipating being on the ground; being helpless in space was not much to his favor.

IC: [Colin Ferris] "Can't say that I have, sir. Though I'm not exactly sure what they'd have to riot about, seems we bend over backwards to give them what they want."

IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham] "Well as it would be, the riot was over Sangheili modernists versus traditionalists; the UNSC Embassy based on their Northern Hemisphere came under assault from a small clan of Traditionalists. Modernist Sangheili were entrenched alongside UNSC personnel, so both governments authorized the use of ODSTs and Sangheili Special Operations divisions to kill the assaulting faction. To achieve this, the ODSTs hot-dropped right in the midst of the enemy formation, inflicting high casualties on the Sangheili with the Special Operations group cutting through and demobilizing the vehicular assets the rioters were using. It was bloody, alright. Nonetheless..." His voice seemed far-off in thought, almost as if the man had seen the battle first hand. "Nonetheless, that was the last time I've heard of the men-in-black dropping."

IC: San' GaroThe Spec-ops elite walked over to B'kar after jumping out of the Shadow."Ahh, B'kar, it is an honor to see you again. I have nothing of importance to report to you, other then the usual reports of Minors forgetting saftey measures." San passed him a small Data-pad showing some of said reports. "Shall I go help the others with their duties, or do you have a use for me?" --Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

IC: [Colin Ferris] "Sounds like quite the story, I'd loved to hear it sometime." Colin winked, "You let me know if you find anyone willing to talk about it, alright, sarge?"

IC: Leliel stepped over to the conversation, largely ignoring Colin and any others who might have wanted to pitch in with the trip down memory lane. "Sergeant," the spoken address to the most senior NCO in the room held more respect coming from Leliel, at least in comparison to her usual way of addressing superiors, "how long will we be on Eiro Jima?" She asked, her ulterior motive behind the question related to leave, as Leliel had a habit of taking leave whenever she got the chance. To a superior, who likely had access to her records, such a motive would probably be easily noticeable from Leliel's question. Her long, silver colored hair had been gently entwined in a lengthy pony tail right before she walked over, one that reached the middle of her shoulder blades, and in the armor she wore, it stood out like a pale ghost on a night of the new moon. Her pale face had largely the same effect, an effect that might be considered eerie given how much more pale the black armor made her appear -- almost inhumanly so. The crimson irises she sported never had helped her ties to humanity, as from what she could observe, she was likely one of the only people in the UNSC with such strangely colored eyes. However, Leliel never complained and likely never would as even though she did keep up her physical appearance -- which is clearly noticeable -- she felt fine in her skin. Then again, she had gotten past her self-conscious years fairly quickly, back in high school, and lacked such a distaste for her eyes and hair that she had harbored during those younger years.

Edited by Spink

IC: [special Operations Commander B'kar ] The larger Sangheili clacked his mandibles in thoughts at the Data Pad, and gently closed it. "Please, go help the others move that plasma cannon. Afterwards, I may have a task in mind.." The Sangheili's dark voice seemed to drift off, his thoughts straying back to the strange humans carrying off a piece of the Sangheili scrap. "At the moment.. I am in meditation." He knew it was a small lie, but he needed to think of where he'd seen similar human activity. IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham] The large, dark man turned to face one of the Staff Sergeants under his command. The gal had quite the record on her, and one he wouldn't soon divulge. He was impressed... not one for hubris, he had to admit few records matched his own, and hers was certainly getting up there. "Staff Sergeant," the voice rumbled. "We'll be debriefed on the surface of how long and for what purpose our stay is. As it stands, we're likely here to reinforce planetary security under the rapidly expanding conditions of this planet's cityscapes." He nodded back to Colin and replied with a bit of a chuckle, "Perhaps you'll find out from me once you've shown that you've earned a good story. Just a tip: Don't go bashing the first alien you see on the surface in the attempt; a small collection of Jackal traders have recently stopped by New Venice, our Ell-Zee. They're not from the Eayn Pirates, and as such should be considered friendly. Nothing's on record yet with them. That goes for all of you," he glared out to the various soldiers still in the cryo bay. Some were half-dressed, others were idly chatting on the benches. All looked over to him and some nodded; others, more used to military protocol, yelled, "Yes sir!" He knew sentiments were still high against the species known as Jackals for their atrocities committed in the Human-Covenant War: Eating prisoners alive, flaying them, allowing them to be torn limb from limb by the more ravenous Grunts... They were not creatures of mercy, and reminded many soldiers of the carrion birds found back in their respective home planets.Curling his lip ever so silghtly in disgust, he couldn't agree more. They weren't so different from those that preyed on the dead..

IC: [Colin Ferris] "Don't you worry about that, sir. I am the pinnacle of human alien relations." Colin smirked, "Brown nosing runs in the family, I can lie better than most people can tell the truth. Anything happens, you can be sure I didn't start it." Colin grabbed at what little he had left to throw on and finished suiting up.

IC: San' Garo "It will be done, B'kar." Said San, Immidiatly after sprinting off to join the other Elites. As soon as he joined in on the effort, the progress noticably went quicker. --Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

IC: Roxanne had, truth be told, only seen an alien once before, a Sangheli, in passing on the streets of San Francisco. To her, this was an adventure as much as a test. She was essentially a midshipman, so half her job was seeing the world and getting experience. Can't get that on Mars or Earth.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: [Mike King]Mike heard the familiar hiss of the cryo pod's hydraulics. He opened his eyes, and sat up. He noticed he was in Cryo A, and saw the bay doors and all the pods open. Of course. Late. Just my day... he thought to himself, and picked himself out of the pod. He streched, got the kinks out of his muscles, and walked to get dressed. He put on his clothes, and started tying his boots up. He stood up, and heard a conversation going on behind him, and some briefing going on. Mike sighed, and wished that for once he woke up early so he would know what was going on... So he walked up,and asked with obvious carelessness, "So what's going on again? I was asleep..." Mike looked around, and waited for a response.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Roxanne, whose hands had been shaking from getting out of cryo, was still trying to get her second boot tied. "We're basically here for police action. Pirates or so much. Same old, same old."

-Rover

IC: Leliel walked away from the Sergeant Major after getting her answer, thinking to wait until the official briefing before deciding on any plans down in the city. Last thing she needed, especially right now, was to make plans and get excited about them and end up stuck on janitorial duty or something. Such things seemed to be her luck, anyway, even though she had never done much in terms of janitorial duties, and the ones she had were punishments. Can't stand doing that... the people are just infuriating, ungrateful little pricks... Leliel rolled her eyes to herself thinking back on it, the experience had been less than pleasant, and she had accrued extra penalties for kicking a soldier in the leg after a quip, the kick having been strong enough to shatter the soldier's leg. Quietly, she let herself lean up against the wall, one of her feet resting on the metal as she boredly tilted her head upwards. There wasn't much going on at the moment, many of the ODSTs and marines were just chatting and apparently having a good time, somehow. Leliel could hear some gloat about their accomplishments, others compare planets to decide on a "best" one, she could hear some talk about their personal lives with their friends. In most cases, Leliel didn't feel bugged by the conversations, she just hated the atmosphere of being stuck on a floating hunk of metal out in space. After all, there wasn't much she could do on a ship besides for walking around, and ships always felt more like a prison to her than anything else. Much like many of the others, she preferred to have her feet on the ground, but she also just preferred the atmosphere of cities to that of the ship. For Leliel, the city felt more alive, more exciting and enticing to her. The people, while often not particularly interesting, were often more tolerable than some of the soldiers or farm-people off in the more rural areas. Otherwise, cities often had the largest amount of bars, so if she got thrown out of one, she could simply move onto the next one until eventually crashing back at a hotel room she'd rent beforehand. Going out in such a fashion wasn't meant to meet anyone, Leliel really had no desire to, but it was more just a way for her to get away from everything and just relax in her own way. Then again, she was likely one of the only people who could relax by getting into fights, the adrenaline rush always felt strangely soothing to her. She let out a sigh, wondering when they'd be taken in for a more official briefing, or at least, for them to be allowed to freely wander.

OOC: Stoney I don't what rank to address your character by. Mine's a lance corporal as you can see below. IC: (Cass S-52, Lance Corporal) Cassandra Beaumont one of the few Spartans-IIIs that actually cared to remember her name had gotten out of Cyro much faster and already was piecing her armor back together. As she finished in locking in her black boots she noticed Terra walk in and put on his helmet. Her helmet was still off, sitting on the bench. "Hey Terra any sweet dreams in Cyro." She asked with a chuckle, her platinum blond hair pulled back in a ponytail her bluish gray eyes shining with excitement as she heled her EVA helmet in her hands. It was the last piece she need to fit on, she kind of enjoyed being able to show her expressions though.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: "Well, I'd rather be escorting transport flights than getting shot down, myself. I'm not too eager for any war to start, we're still getting on our feet after the last one." Roxie finished lacing up her boot, and started running her hands through her scalp; even hair can cause freezer burn sometimes. Her hair was about four centimeters long, though. A boyish look if it hadn't been on her face. No freezer burn, but her lips were dry. She smeared some lip balm on them, and decided to head off towards the hangar bay.

-Rover

IC: Allan turned to Collin after saluting the Sergeant Major, saying, "Hey, if brown-nosing's your speciality, follow me. I seem to have quite the knack for attracting the odd malicious, furtive glance or two. It's like sec-1's on my arse as a constant."He then proceeded to tighten a strap on his shoulder plate and roll the joints in his shoulders back and forth numerous times, working out any "kincks" that would have formed during the long time he remained dormant."So, anyone want to get moving. A lot of pirates out there, so that's means a lot of pseudo-policing."