Rpg Halo: Retribution

OK, I'm back and a little lost. From what I've skimmed, it looks like my group is still over by what is left of the AA-Gun right? Are there any others that were in the squad that are still RPing? I cant tell.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC [shawn D-042]:"Aye sir," Shawn turned and headed for the main pilot controls, patting Delta 08's shoulder to follow along. He stared at the frigate stats, it seemed to not have sustained any combat damage. He sat at the main controls and directed the frigate to land. He was just glad he didn't have to check any maintenance ways.IC [sgt. Seah]:"Alright team, as soon as you see them thin out their own ranks or if they suspect something, burn 'em out!" John yelled over the COM. "We might want the Gauss Turret, so try not to hit it."IC [shor' Talas]:"I did not agree on some of Commander B'kar's heavyhanded methods of dealing with operations. And I botched a few ops intentionally when he assigned me tasks that I did not feel was, morally upright. After that, and a stern talk, I was discharged. I do respect the man, but I just do not see eye to eye with him. We haven't talked since then," Shor' enlightened the surprised Sangheili.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

OOC : The two were near enough to the sniper nest now that they could hear Private Serrox mutter, "That a friendly?" The Officer who had gauze wrapped around his legs replied, "What do you think? It just blew up the d*** turret we fought so hard to keep secured." What? So the Turret is destroyed, right?PFC Willy Berrien IC (Vroom Vroom) :The Mongoose spurred its wheels, and it started going. Willy had not kept his wheel down for a good amount of time until he saw what he had feared: A Guass turret.Captain Macabethus IC (The Grav Lift) : More yells. Macabethus felt like some giant metal hand from the sky had been teasing him this whole time. But he shook the feeling off and then decided to keep going, knowing that he was surely at most now a higher ranked captain. He approached the Gravity Lift, and turned his head towards the guard. "Thank you for your shielding me, and I am surely sorry about Talam. Too young for such a fall." Further back behind Macabethus, a Minor had seen where the sniper shot had come from, and grabbed a fallen Brute Shot to use. Three shots rang out from the gun, and he started running again.Staff Sergeant Davian Thule IC (Falling Back to the Turret) : A few seconds after the Guard had fallen, he noticed three objects flying right towards him. He realized he had been spotted and grabbed his rifle and his pistol, and ran for the exit. Not before he reached the door one grenade had flown by him and hit the door's arch, collapsing it. He noticed the change of architecture and attempted to climb down a floor through windows.PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter IC (The Turret!?!?!?!?!?) :She looked at the O.N.I. operative with a funny look and replied to the question, "I take it that it's an order, huh?" She shrugged and began to wonder how badly her knee WAS knocked up. She heard a large sound and turned around, towards a window looking at the turret.Major Thar' Mentra IC (Retreat?) : "You have been quiet for a good while longer than most Humans I know. What are you thinking of Cain?" He looked over to the MP and replied; "It does appear that way, but I was hoping for more of a fight."

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

OOC: I'll get some IC action here after school. Just had enough time to clarify some confusion before anyone acts on it further :P@Lavama,Yes, the Corvette (an old Covenant ship), Graceful Buzzard, destroyed it with plasma torpedos so that the ship could make a clean get-away without being fired at. Also Lavama, sorry about the confusion concerining Gauss turrets but: There's both one set up outside (where Insurrectionists aren't infighting, but rather pushing on the hotel), and one inside the building (where the Innies ARE infighting). The one inside was meant to surprise and cripple the coming UNSC reinforcements. So the gauss turret O'Brien and Willy would find is outside and surrounded by unified hostiles.@Fluttershy,Is it Shawn or Shaun? XP I swear I've seen it used both ways now.

OOC: It's Shawn and I have used it as such since the beginning. The confusion appeared when Stoney spelled it wrong. XD

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

My guy was a ODST sniper. Last time I was on, some Marines were working on the computer that we got after my guy kicked one of the Insurrectionist techs in the face and there were a bunch of others trying to cover the techs getaway.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:[Master-sergeant Raiden "thunder" tomson]"copy that. i also have enough explosives to level just about anything you might need me to." Raiden started to move to the main base, and awaiting orders for a demo job if they were to be given.OCC: Vak, i fixed the rank, and if you want you could send tomson to level something if it's need. :sigh:

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Master Srgt. Kenneth Aodh: Battle of New Venice: Hotel:Kenneth watched the innies through the drone feed. The trickery had worked like a charm. Many lay dead or dying. There was a problem, though. The survivors all seemed too cowardly to peek out behind cover, so no one had died for a couple minutes."It's time. You guys take the kig-yar, I'll get the human side," He said to his squadmates. "Watch the turret."He rushed out of the doorway, surprisingly fast for someone with a huge flamethrower and several tanks of napalm on their back.He launched the flashbang he had loaded earlier, blinding most of the human insurrectionists. A plasma pistol shot grazed his thigh. He ignored the pain and let a cloud of fire leap from the nozzle of his flamethrower, consuming the nearest two innies. The next person looked to be a technician of sorts. Kenneth prepared to burn him to a crisp.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Srgt. Leah Brady | Battle of New Venice: Hotel | Assaulting InniesIt was about freakin' time. Leah let the grin she had been surpressing spread across her face as she took off after Kenneth: if anyone had X-ray vision, her expression was almost demonic. She darted to the side opposite of her higher-ranking squadmate and launched her fragmentation grenade at a group of Kig-yar taking refuge behind some cover. The group closest to her wasn't as lucky: coming dangerously close to their guns, her flamethrower nozzle yawned open, and fire roared from its maw, consuming all the flesh that stood before her.-Inferna

IC(Paul with others at the Battle of New Venice inside hotel)

Paul follows Leah's example and watches as his flames leap from his weapon. The red hot tongues of fire beat across the nearest enemies; charring their flesh and leaving them in screaming; smoldering wrecks. He continues to spray the fire at the nearest enemies; a look of disgust on his face. But, what did it matter? His entire face was hidden by the helmet that was placed over his head.-Mef Man

IC: Allan sprinted for an empty room as he heard three insurrectionist voices fill the corridor."Hear that?" a deep, harsh voice spoke. "Get the breaching charge ready! We're going in!"Obviously they were referring to Ferris' attack on the same floor, just a room and a wall away. Upon the quick realization of such, Allan knew he had to intervene.The three voices, as expected, belonged to three different men. Insurrectionist EOD troops, packed with heavy and CQC weaponry. Any ensuing fight between Allan and the three would leave him highly disadvantaged if he attacked guns blazing, so instead he drew a knife and waited behind the door frame. Luckily, his VISR spotted a straggler. He waited for the other two the pass before he struck.Allan rapidly and stealthily leaped from the shadows, grabbing the slower hostile from behind, his hand over the innie's exposed mouth. Allan drew his combat knife over the enemy's throat with a short, inconspicuous slice, killing him almost instantly. As soon as the innie slumped, dead in his arms, Allan dragged the body into a corner and carefully laid him down. The breaching charge. They were going in. Surely, one of them would contact their allies on the other side as to not attract friendly fire.Allan drew his M6C SOCOM and crept out of the room, crouched as he advanced forward. His VISR noted the hostiles in a room up ahead."We're coming in, so don't do anything stupid!" That was Allan's cue. The soft, silenced shots of his sidearm did little to disturb the noise level of the room, merely illuminating the entrance with muzzle shots. One innie went down without seeing him, the other glared as Allan fired, but had no time to draw his weapon. As soon as he'd made sure they'd both died, he searched the bodies for the breaching charge. Given it's size, it was relatively an instant find. Allan also ensured he acquired the M90 Shotgun and rocket launcher from the dead insurrectionists.Placing the charge on the wall, Allan breathed in and paused briefly, before activating the charge and sanding to the side.The initial blast rocked the wall, only slightly surprising the enemies, for they had believed it to be reinforcements. What they hadn't expecting was a following two blasts from a shotgun, leaving two of their force dead in their wake. Allan took cover behind a pillar, taking another shot, but missing a hostile attempting to return fire on him. The shot did warn them off, however.What was a surprise, to Allan, was the absolute brashness of a Hellbringer, throwing a flashbang grenade and assuming that would be enough to defend himself. The entire area was a killing field, full of bloodthirsty enemies. In an attempt to rescue this ally of his, he pulled out his SOCOM and blind-fired a few rounds at the numerous innnies across the corridor that were raising their weapons, ready to kill.They backed off quickly."Get into cover!" Allan shouted over the comm. "Who are you and what the ###### do you think you're doing? You almost got yourself killed!"

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

OOC: One moment.Dangit, I don't outrank you. I've been planning some humorous lines, too. :PAlso, I'm assuming since my sidearm is a grenade launcher, I have two of the flashbangs in addition to my incendies? If so, I'm out now.IC: Master Srgt. Kenneth Aodh:Kenneth had been fully intending on taking cover after incinerating the scrawny engineer before him. He abandoned the kill to satisfy this comrade of his, however. He kicked an overturned table next to him, readjusting it to an angle that fit his needs, then proceeded to crouch behind it."I can take care of myself. Good to know you care, though," He joked.He stood for a moment, throwing an incendiary grenade at a group of three or four innies, before sitting back down again.OOC: Hey, I still have some funny lines planned for after I get shot in the shoulder, and you can't stop me from using them!

OOC: Just make sure you don't gmod. A bit of friendly advice. ;)For example, you can't charge an area full of hostiles and expect to survive, as logic would tell us. I'm not a moderator, so just take this as advice, but I'm sure the mods would also reccomend such.IC: "If you get shot, I fill in a pile paperwork."Allan briefly junted out of cover, aimed at an innie firing at the Master Sergeant and fired a few rounds at him, sending the hostile to the ground."Just keep your head down for a minute."In cover again, Allan prepared his rocket launcher.

Edited by ~Wish~

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

OOC: Oh, I won't. I'm going to get shot soon. Although not in the shoulder like I said, as I just realized both my weapons require two hands. Maybe near the edge of my torso, near a kidney.IC: Master Srgt. Kenneth Aodh: Battle of New Venice: Hotel:"Too late."Kenneth poked the nozzle of his flamethrower out from behind the table for a moment, releasing a jet of flame at anyone standing near it. It sounded like someone was in it's path and was now on fire.He pulled his flamethrower back. He accidentally rubbed his plasma burn against the table, bringing a fresh wave of pain. This time, however, he didn't have anyone to focus on killing and couldn't ignore it. He needed to get medical attention soon."How many left, you think?"

IC: [Colin Ferris]The inside of the room sounded like chaos. Smoked clawed at the edge of the doorway, the results of people being charred alive. Colin was gld he wasn't in there now, it would be a mess. Instead, he ran to the end of the hallway, pulling out his Battle rifle as he approached a window. He aimed out, noting Graham's position, then opened fire on several approaching hostiles. The first few went down easy, headshots all around, as they weren't expecting an attack from this angle. Then several Innies caught on, and returned fire. Colin ducked down, and the bullets whizzed around him, and several plasma bolts ate away at the wall. He popped back up, sighted a jackal, and fired, the bullets connecting and whizzing through the avian like alien's head.[Vume Chavamai]Vume looked at Shor, "You have chosen an interesting path, my brother. Would it not have been easier to simply move back into standard infantry rank and file?"

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC [sgt. Seah]:John moved two windows adjacent to Ferris, bringing up his DMR and giving Ferris cover fire from attacking hostiles. Of the 14 shots fired, three Jackals went down. John moved his hand to his ammo pouch and realised he was out. He stood up and fired his last shot betwixt the eyes of a human Innie then placed the DMR on a table with radio equipment. John didn't like throwing weapons away unnecessarily.He scrounged around the floor for a weapon, finally settling on an outdated Plasma Repeater.IC [shor' Talas]:"There were...complications with my leave, such as many doubting my credibility or honour on the field of combat. It is most discouraging too, for a unit to see a veteran SpecOps demoted to a Minor in their squad. Not to mention how they may mock my bloodline. So I chose to leave and occasionally do charity work." Shor' answered his comrade. He tapped the plasma turret nervously, becoming a bit uneasy with the questions. That time had not been an easy one for any of his unit.

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume laughed uproariously, "Only a Sangheili could refer to warfare as charity!" Vume cleared his throat as his laughter quieted. "I understand very well the pain of a tarnished bloodline, it can be disheartening. It can ruin a career. I can understand your choice, though I still find it odd."[Colin Ferris]Colin stopped Seah and handed him his battle rifle and its remaining clip. "You're a better shot than I am, I'll give you covering fire." He grabbed the plasma repeater.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC [shor' Talas]:"I thank you for understanding, warrior. Out of curiosity, do you have any stories to share?" Shor' nodded at both Vume and the other Sangheili who had inquired about him earlier.IC [sgt. Seah]:John patted Ferris' shoulder in appreciation and readied his rifle. He peeked over and caught sight of an Innie Elite. He ducked back again as shots rang past, then stood and fired successive four bursts at the Elite's head. Two had hit its helmet, one its torso and the fourth collided with its arm. He ducked down again, not confirming whether the Elite was down or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OOC : I refuse to give up so easily. I'm lucky I remembered this things existance.PFC Willy Berrien IC (Vroom Vroom) :The Guass Turret had been not paying attention to the distant roar of the Mongoose engine, but notified O'Brien quickly."Boomer right ahead!"Captain Macabethus IC (The Grav Lift) : At last. They had arrived. The Gravity Lift was still functional, even though it felt longer than months from the run. He called over to his remaining new body guard, and signalled him to get with Macabethus. It was going to be tough explaining the situation.Staff Sergeant Davian Thule IC (Hold up) : Thule leaped into the window, not knowing what was in there. After doing a quick search with his eyes, he ran towards the door, but the window was hit by another grenade, and it collapsed. Too close. What's with them Brutes and their random accurate shots? He reached for the handle, but it felt like something was starring him in the back of the neck.PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter IC (The Turret!?!?!?!?!?) :Lyn looked out of the window and saw something that discouraged her. The Turret had been wiped out. That meant that if anyone wanted to take pocket shots, they could.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.