Rpg Halo: Retribution

OOC: Hey guys, working on a few characters and I'm wondering if anyone else would like to join me in my squad-making? I've got a team of ODSTs, similar to the Bullfrogs, that have jetpacks and specialize in airborne and EVA combat. I don't really want to manage enough characters to fill a squad, so if someone wants to join me, PM me and we can discuss.Vak said it was okay to post this here.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Exiting the Plataea: Tom walked onward through the ship, following other ODSTs toward the Hanger where they were all to exit the ship. Wish I had a squad... its amazing I haven't been assigned to one yet, I wonder what could be taking so long the Drop Trooper thought, slipping his helmet onto his head. I always hated parties, too loud, too many people, not that I don't enjoy company, but I hate it when people crowd together and shout about something, Thomas thought, striding onward toward the Hanger.OOC: I'd also like to get a squad of ODSTs going, but my character is not the leader type, nor can I accurately portray a leader character, so I'll gladly be a simple member of a team.-Thomas

IC: Thomas HunterWhen the two did not respond to his remark, Thomas moved off with the rest of the troops to the Hanger. On the way, he fell along side Thomas Green who looked like he had something on his mind."Hey there." He said. "Have you gotten asigned to a squad yet? I think they had a mix up in manegment, because I certainly haven't been put in one yet."OOC: Same here. I'm more looking for one to join then anything else.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC:Aaaaand, i finally arrive.Sorry for my absence Vak, my internet's been down for the longest time and only now's been fixed.Luckily it happened now and not later.Now, i'm going to go read through the topic, see where things stand, but if anyone who's online right now cares to give me a quick heads up...

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

IC:Reactor Online-Weapons Online-Sensors Online-All Systems Nominal The computerized voice of Roxie's fighter stated. Smiling, she shut the Saber's systems down and climbed out of the fighter. While she'd been inside, checking up on it, several ODSTs had arrived in the hangar bay.

Edited by King Of Shadows
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin took this lull in activity to check his weapon. He placed his helmet on the ground and un-slung his rifle from his back. He'd grabbed it in the rush to get downstairs, and had no idea if it was working properly. It didn't really matter right now, this was just a military parade, all it had to do was look good. Better safe than sorry, though. Giving it a quick rundown, he acknowledged that it was working properly, then threw it back over his shoulder. Stretching slightly, he waited patiently for this show to get on the road.[Vume Chavamai]Vume followed his superior down the steps, slowly and methodically. He wondered what possessed humans to think that stairs were a good idea. Slopes were so much easier to use, and were far more aesthetically pleasing.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1]Mike stood with his squad, and patiently waited ofr the show to begin. He rolled his neck, his sholders, and checked his weapons. He luckily grabbed both his M45 and his Sniper rifle, and made sure both had full clips and he had multiple clips for both. After seeing he has 9 shell clips for his shotgun, and 7 clips for his sniper rifle, he started getting anxious. When will the freaking door open? I want to get this over with... Mike thought to himself. He put on his helmet, and waited for the hangar door to open.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Thomas HunterWhen the two did not respond to his remark, Thomas moved off with the rest of the troops to the Hanger. On the way, he fell along side Thomas Green who looked like he had something on his mind."Hey there." He said. "Have you gotten assigned to a squad yet? I think they had a mix up in management, because I certainly haven't been put in one yet."OOC: Same here. I'm more looking for one to join then anything else.

OOC: lol similar names.IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Talking to Thomas Hunter:Tom turned his attention to another ODST who had walked up beside him, "Nope, not yet. I'm sure we'll get sorted into squads soon enough," he said, extending his hand to shake the ODST's, "I'm Tom."--IC Klax Faldak - Eiro Jima, New Venice: Klax was uncertain on what he was to do next, continue moving scrap, await an order from B'kar? He wasn't sure.-Klax

Thomas Hunter -Talking with Thomas GreenIC:Hunter almost burst out laughing when the other man told him his name, instead what came out sounded more like a snort.When he did speak, you could tell that he was having a hard time not laughing as he took the offered hand. "Well hello there Tom. My name is Tom."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra\} {/Kiro Uron\}"Ah, but B'kar, you know as well as I that clearance can be... a flimsy thing at best."Kiro exited the shadows, bowing his head before B'kar and leaning on his weapon - an old Sangheli Honour Guard's Stave."Now, what's the drama this time, and where? The last thing i need to see is a repeat of the first day."

OOC: Klax can come with B'kar... :3IC: [Commander Vale, pt-1]Accompanied by the Bridge Crew, the Commander entered through the entrance doors on the far right of the Hangar. From here, the first figures he saw were the UNSC's Marine CORPS- Heroes each and every one of them in their own way, even in the post-war environment. They weren't ODSTs or Spartans, but even the lowliest private that made it out of basic had opportunity to become something great. That was one area where humanity shined: Your station in life was never secured nor sealed. Sangheili continued to persist against this idea, but they had adapted to understanding humanity's customs well enough when finally hearing some of the backstories of their greatest foes, such as Admiral Preston J. Cole.As if to prove Vale's personal thoughts, a young looking man- he looked no more than 21- yelled, "Commander on deck!" as Vale entered the room. Immediately, wave upon wave of soldiers turned and crisply saluted the man. Taken aback, as he was unused to such treatment by so many soldiers, the man slowly moved up the stairwell to his side and onto the small, platformed area that overlooked the rest of the Hangar. Clearing his throat and being careful not to stammer- Vale wasn't one for speeches; commanding a ship was right up his alley, but the lavishes of the military treatment weren't something he preferred- The Commander began a small speech to get everybody energized and debriefed to the best of his knowledge.IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]As Hangar A was relatively to access from the belly-side Hangar B thanks to a very direct hallway route, when the simultaneous movement of boots and shouting of the word "Sir!" sounded, it resounded all the way through to make a dent in the otherwise icy quiet of Hangar B. Antony was alone down there- he was busy checking every Drop Pod for maximum efficiency and doing bug checks to make sure all their trajectory tracers wouldn't malfunction should the pods find some use in the near future.Back home, Antony had been something of a mechanic. He was also his town's local defender of the peace: When the recolonization of Reach had begun, a few crooks had managed to buy and cheat their ways on to the colony ships, thinking that ripe pickings awaited them on a world scarred and sundered. Even with the Military Police so far stretched during recolonization, his little town had no fears, for Antony was something of a prodigy with pistols and shotguns. The local creatures that had survived the initial glassing through means of taking refuse close to the polls and mountain ranges that never quite met destruction had also learned to become vicious in the barren terrain that much of the continent had been left with. Through those threats Antony was raised to maturity and the Marines came so naturally to him that the only likely root was to be sent up the echelons to the ODSTs, where his wise tactical prowess had seen ambushes turned against the would-be victors.Deciding his work wasn't done yet, he tuned his helmet's COMM into the P.A. of the ship, directing the focus to the Hangar Rooms- C was still full of lackadaisical chatter and the harsh voices of drill instructors or squad leaders trying to get their men together and in check. Switching to A, he noted the silence and figured that must have been where the Commander of the Plataea had chosen to go. Before switching the COMM off, he heard the beginnings of a speech. Smiling to himself with a wratchet in hand, he listened to what the Commander was to tell the occupants of A.IC: [Commander Vale, pt-2]"At ease, at ease! Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to New Venice!"He let some cheering and clapping that ensued go on for awhile before waving a dismissing hand- he knew they were moreso happy to be somewhere other than cooped up in cryo or the deep of space, where nothing was certain. His rank did not cause them to celebrate his presence- rather, it reinforced their beliefs that the long journey was finally over and that they could have a chance for leisure and leave within the next few days.As the noise died, he continued with more confidence in front of the easily bemused crowd. "Now, before we can get some R-n-R and come to terms with this gem of a colony, we've got a parade just beyond those bay doors!" He flicked his thumb to them for emphasis. "Outside those doors are a plethora of military vehicles registered to the other contingent of soldiers stationed on New Venice: Just for the occassion, however, we've got them lent out to us! The general rule of thumb here will be to load up as many soldiers in our own vehicles as possible before using the ones left out for us on the docking area, then we'll use those. Pilots will be in charge of their own vehicles, and minimal passengers will be taken up- We want to make a show, not find out how many Marines you can fit into a Pelican where they'll never be seen!"There was a mild ripple of laughter here or there in the crowd- mostly Marines cracking jokes they thought up from that last comment to each other."As this is a vehicular parade, you're all very lucky and won't have to hoof it on foot! However, that means you're going to look twice as classy and professional out there, folks! After the pa--"Suddenly, his voice shrank as a large, metal grating noise filled the Hangar. From behind the Commander came the Sergeant Major in charge of the Plataea's ODST division, Antony. The two looked up as the first rays of sunlight broke through the cracks of the sleek gray bay doors as they opened. The Sgt.Maj. clasped a hand on Vale, making him nearly jump. The ODST then descended the stairs to take the lead towards the Hangar Bay doors. As the noise started to lessen, Vale continued."The rest of the debreifing can wait. Just listen to your superiors, and show the people of New Venice that they have no fears any longer!"Nodding to his Bridge Crew and personal security, the group descended down the stairs and quickly made their way along the side of the sea of troopers pouring out of Hangar A. Hangar C was no different, soldiers pouring out into the fresh, open, sea-spray air. Behind them, the Hangars' vehicles roared to life and patiently waited for the soldiers to clear out before descending the ramp. Between the two groups slipped Vale and his crew- they had a special, open-hooded vehicle waiting for them on the docking platform from which they'd lavishly show their station and importance as the ship's prominent crew who made the arrival possible. They were celebrated in their own way, not that Vale minded. He'd have several armoured vehicles surrounding him to ward off any would-be troublemakers.IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]Some of the Sangheili defensively yielded when Kiro materialized out of thin air- Aside from B'kar's own Special Operations group, some of the Sangheili gathered with him were rather new and inexperienced; how someone could get so close undetected stumped them and as such made them ashamed of themselves- Deserved, B'kar thought."It is not your business to question, Uron. I am merely following a hunch. However..." His eyes glinted with no sign of amusement at the other's arrival. "However, if you're so inclined, there seemed to be some suspicious human activity. Yellow-garbed rats making off with a Destroyer's scrap. Besides, the rest of the vermin have arrived."He twitched his shoulder pauldron in the direction of the human ship that was now streaming with soldiers. "They rush, push, and shove like starving pests. I do not want these good men influenced by such a rash race. So we're merely patrolling the street opposite of that which the humans throw their precious parade on."The mere thought that other Sangheili were actually attending the parade made B'kar's mind tingle in an uncomfortable, irritated way. It seemed wrong to him, to celebrate the arrival of a race that had only survived thanks to the intervention of his own.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC: The Commander's speech had done very little to ward off Leliel's distaste of the parade, though she likely felt more biased towards hating the spectacle simply because she was a part of it. A flaw that may seem unfitting of Leliel, often laid with how little she believed she deserved for her time spent with the military -- no matter how successful a mission was, and no matter if she brought a higher number of soldiers back than had been projected from the start of a mission. Despite her quite impressive record, Leliel figured herself to be on par with many other ODSTs -- she never checked anyone else's records, for she simply cared not enough to do so. However, she had the ability to harbor her own doubts of others based on their behavior, how they presented themselves and behaved, but she also had to allow herself to come to terms with the idea that even those who seem like complete morons, might have some innate talent for war. Within the confines of her helmet, she let out a sigh and opened a COM channel with her own squad -- each individual able to hear each other, as the team generally preferred to keep to themselves rather than become lost in the myriad of voices everyone else seemed fine to provide. "Stay in step, don't screw up. Shouldn't be very hard, it's not the same as taking out a high priority target from a few miles out -- right, Jackson?" Leliel referred to the squad's sniper, someone who had impressed her out on the battlefield many times over. Even though he often had the more sarcastic attitude out of the bunch, and often allowed himself the pleasure of having fun with the other marines and ODSTs, and often made some rather stupid comments, Leliel had become able to look past that due to his ability to get into the proper mindset for the situation. He could go from a baffoon to a dead-serious, highly trained soldier of the UNSC ODST Corps in mere seconds. Of course, out of the squad, Leliel was likely the one who retained that rather serious persona, though even she had opened more up to these teammates -- they had been together for years, and gone through enough dung to trust one another. "'Course Sarge," Jackson replied first, with the others chuckling into their COM. In a way, it could be seen as an inside joke, as Leliel had broken Jackson's jaw the first day he had called her "Sarge" in such a lackadaisical tone. Nowadays, Leliel tolerated it fine and even let herself chuckle a little as well. "Don't do anything stupid and keep an eye out, for all we know, there might be some troublemakers in the crowd and any suspects should be reported to Sergeant Major Antony, understood?""Yes, Sergeant." With that, the small group moved together within the larger conglomeration of ODST's, this particular group looking almost like a squadron of well-built machines as they headed out completely in sync. Of course, the conversations that occasionally fluttered over their own team-channel would prove to anyone that all of them were human, even Leliel who often pitched in to help distract her mind from the festivities.

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}"Do not forget, brother, that we were in the same position as the Humans once. Do not pretend that the Schism, and the murduring of our most honoured Councilors, never happened. I was there.""Besides, once you get past the stench of their "fuel" they aren't so bad, honourable even. Though prone to fault at a greater rate than that of our race. Anyways, i thought i'd let you know that we havn't found anything yet, just suspicions. And the last time someone acted only on their suspicions, High Charity went through a bloodbath."

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

OOC: Could Roxie and the rest of a Saber wing be doing a flyover of the parade?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: [Mike, Pvt 1]Mike listened to the speech form Hangar B, and when Hanger A's bay door opened, he heard the squad's leader say "Ok then, let's move. Try to follow my orders for once, Mike." Mike sighed to himself, and considering he almost was always with the same leader, said "Fine. Whatever. I'll try. And since I'm your only pilot..." The squad leader, a Seargent, sighed once, and siad "Fine. You do it." Mike smiled. He knew he would have a little fun for once.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume's eyes narrowed at Kiro's appearance. He was not a fan of anyone who slunk through the shadows, it was not honorable. It was also disrespectful to speak to the commander in such a way. He kept silent though, it was not his place to speak.[Colin Ferris]Colin trotted out of the hangar, whistling lightly at all of the shiny new toys to play with. He breathed in deep the fresh air of Eiro Jima, them put on his helmet. Time to go to work.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

OOC: Yes, fly-overs are fine :P Vultures, Pelicans, and the like will also be here or there above the street.IC: [uNSC Plataea's Drydock]As Leliel's crew hit the dock from the ramp that led up to the Hangar, a transport 'Hog rolled around and slowly pulled up beside them. The driver was in military dress, and from the Soldiers already stationed on New Venice. "Over here, Ma'am! Hop on in with your boys in the back!"He had a charming sort of smile that surely could woo most women at the local pubs when he was off duty, and his sharp tan reflected his time spent in New Venice: Many of the Plataea's group were nearly ghostlike next to him; Leliel practicaly was one."The Parade stretches on for about three miles. At the end, we'll be dropping everyone off at the Downtown Blockade, a special Military soup kitchen of sorts with all sorts of delights to welcome you to the planet! After that, we'll circle back around to take everyone to your ship so they can grab their supplies and belongings. Sound good, ma'am?"IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]B'kar grunted with some level of contempt. "I'll believe it's clear when I see it with my own eyes. Your intelligence may be widespread, but there's a reason the Eayn Pirates and their insurgency operations still plague the backwater towns of this planet. Like the Infestation- something else you should be familiar with-" He retorted, "They will find the cracks one would think too small for them to slip through. That's where I come in."He heaved a sigh and continued walking, not looking to see if Kiro was following or not. Should the Sangheili have chosen to come to his side, B'kar would continue this spar of words- He was not one to be talked down, even if it was one of superior age. In his opinion, Kiro was of a cowardice clan that his own had only spared out of need for strength in the race. The Uron's were to be respected, yes. But he would sooner plunge forward into a sea of suicide-minded Unggoy than admit superiority of one- Especially when they were an Ultra. -He- was the Commander of the Special Operations division of Sangheili stationed anywhere between this border-world all the way to the last stops before Sanghelios itself. He couldn't deny his envy of Kiro for serving in the Covenant Military, however. Though this, he kept a close-guarded secret.

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1]Mike looked for a Falcon so he could pilot his entire squad of 4 people. He found one quickly, hopped in, and grabbed the familiar controls. "This'll be fun!" Mike said. He began warming up the engines while his squad got in.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OOC: Sabres can only hold up to two people though >_> And as they're exo-atmospheric fighters, Sabres won't be in the parade. They're specifically reserved for lack of quantity and imperative importance should a fight in space occur.The vehicles that'll likely be around in the sky are things like Pelicans, Hornets, Sparrowhawks, Falcons, Vultures, or Shortswords.

IC: "Sounds fine," Leliel stated, not bothering to correct the soldier this time around for she just didn't feel like it. The others of her group settled in as well, sitting perfectly straight and looking as professional as could be. Normally, Leliel might've been annoyed that she was sitting in a passenger seat and not the driver's, but she knew that she'd be dangerous driving with so many people around the area. After all, she wasn't exactly renowned for her safe, calm, smooth driving skills. "How long should it take?" She asked, a hint of annoyance breaching her tone, likely just annoyance that the parade went on for three miles and she doubted that the vehicle would go much faster than five miles per hour -- stretching the whole trip into forty five minutes, or around that timeframe. Her real motivation for getting this over with primarily involved that, the sooner this ended (hopefully without any bumps), the sooner she could apply for some leave time on Eiro Jima.

IC: [Eiro Jiman trooper]"I reckon it depends on how slow the lead vehicle goes. We won't take more than 90 minutes though. Even the lead drivers get bored of a slow pace about a mile in, and just want it over with. This is just a morale boost for the citizens, ma'am."He took off with a steady turn around a few other Warthogs, all belonging to the Plataea's arsenal. He then parked behind a large Scorpion Main Battletank, which had assumed its position in the parade formation. Between that Scorpion and the one it followed was a small, elaborate and sleek red car. It had no top, and in the back sat the Commander in his Naval dress uniform, decorated with only a small myriad of medals and awards.

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{Kiro Uron}Kiro fell in line, walking at the head of the group alongside B'kar. "You may believe what you will, B'kar. No one's ever stopped you from doing that. But i would have you remember that you wouldn't even know of the insurrectionists without my intelligence. Face it, i may be an old veteran, and i may be trying to salvage and repair what is considered the least honourable of all Sanghelios' clans, but i have my uses. Just as you have yours."He turned to look at the Elites assembled behind them, staring their angered and slightly confused looks virtually off their faces. "Besides, if any of your band of misfits believe i'm wrong, they're welcome to duel me! It's easy to get an Energy Sword in the military, and not so much so to get one of these!" Kiro said, lifting his staff over his head in show. He lowered it, chuckling to himself as he did so. Let them see... a councilor stands before them...

IC: Oh god, ninety minutes... how in this blasted world will I be able to sit here that long? She kept her dreadful thoughts to herself, though she failed to keep the expression off her face. "Just don't hit the tank, they have a bigger gun," Leliel mumbled, a little more to herself, though the soldier could likely hear her remark fine over the hum of the engine, and the sounds of the other vehicles. She chose to take a glance to the back, wondering if another tank would be sitting right behind them, or if some different vehicle would drag itself across the streets behind them. At least the weather wasn't horrible, even if the sun decided to give off any more heat, Leliel had been in worse places. Of course, the middle of a violent firefight might just be the epitome of bad weather, provided that bullets could be considered "rain" and grenade explosions "thunder."

IC: [Vume Chavamai]In spite of himself, Vume chuckled at the elder Sangheili and his dramatic show. He found it humorous how those who served in the covenant clung so dearly to the posts they held when it was still relevant.

OOC: Also I suppose I should clarify while I'm at it to King of Shadows: Yes, you can do your flyover but no Sabres on this one. Sorry, I didn't think about the vehicle when you mentioned it. Sparrowhawks or Falcons should be a fine replacement.IC: [Eiro Jiman Trooper]Choosing to pass off the Staff Sergeant's muttering as not aimed at him, the driver began to whistle to himself as he tapped on the wheel with his fingers. Looking around, he was dismayed at how few of the new ship's vehicles were ready to go. New guys. Hope they can at least handle themselves in a fight..IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]As others rushed about in apparant chaos, trying to find squads they may have separated from or a vehicle that could support their numbers, bulk, and carried equipment, the Sergeant Major of the ODSTs calmly strode over to one of the Plataea's five Cobra antiarmor vehicles. He climbed in, taking the wheel. The co-pilot was set to autopilot: This was the rank and file's chance to get a small taste of acceptance and glory. Graham's had long ago been surrendered on Sanghelios. Choosing to keep out of sight and yet remain with his men, the Cobra proved to be an effective way to participate without letting stories of Graham's campaign spread should the citizens recognize his unhelmeted visage. As he thought of this, he put a hand lightly on his helmet that sat on the co-pilot's seat, running it along the helmet's smooth surface. He then turned his attention to figuring out the vehicle's position in the parade- second to last, behind a Grizzly Battletank owned by the New Venice Marines stationed at Eiro Jima.They sure seem to have a lot of forces and equipment allocated here for being one of the most secure cities in the entire colony..IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]B'kar clacked his mandibles and spoke little more. His arm did twitch in anticipation though- luckily, it was on his far side from the Uron. The Sangheili warrior quickly checked himself and stayed his eager hand. Duels can wait for another time... when your honor is truly insulted. They may be a clan of stealth and sworsdmen, but they are no Velruns.Suddenly, B'kar caught sight of a flickering movement accompanied by a sudden halt in what had sounded like a plasma-welder at work. He held up a warning hand, and nodded with his head quietly to the garage door up ahead, where the very bottom of the door was every so barely lifted up. Another pair of strange-looking boots- alien in nature to both Sangheili and Humans- quickly passed by where the garage door was lifted. He glared at Kiro in a way that said, Nothing suspicious?

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}[/Kiro Uron]Kiro held his staff in both hands, aiming it towards the garage door like a spear. He glanced annoyedly towards B'kar, daring him to say something out loud. He snorted dismissively in a way that told B'kar, It's not my fault, you have the most people.Kiro spoke up, "I only said that I never found anything suspicious. My spies may be many but they are few and far between. Now, who wants to take the first bet as to what's behind door number one?"

Thomas Hunter- Leaving UNSC PlataeaIC: "Are you coming?" Hunter said to the other "Tom" as he walked down the ramp with the other ODSTs. "I'd hate to part so soon after finding out something so wonderfully coincidental."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume was glad for the training he had received as a young warrior. A lesser trained soldier would have done something foolish, like chased after the creature that had passed by, had they seen it at all. Or before that, they might have even snapped at the former councilor for unsheathing a weapon without intent to use it. It was dishonorable, a weapon demanded blood once unsheathed. But Vume was well trained. Very well trained, and so he simply looked to his superior for orders.[Colin Ferris]Colin hopped on one of the scorpion treads outfitted for Marine use. It wasn't the most effective way to get around, but for a morale boosting parade, few things were more inspiring the the UNSC's finest riding astride on one of the deadliest land vehicles in the universe. It was hard for even the alien races to deny the sheer power a scorpion tank had.OOC: This makes my brain hurt.

IC:My spies may be many but they are few and far between.

Edited by IamJackssplitpersonality

OOC: This makes my brain hurt.

IC:My spies may be many but they are few and far between.

OOC: It's part of Kiro's character, it'll happen often =PSides, on a galactic scale, You can have a ton of spies, but they can also be few and far between, in the sense that you may only have one spy of your whole network in a city at any given time. So Yeah. Kiro will hurt your brain. A lot. cause he's that awesome.IC{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}"Sometimes I'm glad this thing is more a status symbol than a weapon..." Kiro stated, noting the looks of the Elites around him. "... And sometimes i wish i wore my Combat Armour more often..."

IC:Leliel pulled her helmet off for the time being, letting it rest in her lap before the parade begun. She had intentions of putting it back on during the parade, if only so she wouldn't be recognized as an ODST before being ejected from, likely, a large number of bars in the city whenever she was able to take her leave. After all, she didn't enjoy the recognition of military service outside of the military, it made her feel as if she had to behave properly and continue to keep herself in check. Every once in a while she enjoyed letting go, it kept her sane for those long, painful travels on ships -- such as the UNSC Plataea. Out of boredom, she drummed her metal encased fingers on the dashboard of the warthog, her crimson eyes glancing out towards the city, likely trying to think of something interesting to do while the parade slowly droned on all around her. At least, she figured, she wouldn't be forced to march it. Then again, marching would likely be faster... at least, her marching would likely be faster."Lot's of war machines," she mumbled to herself, slowly turning to look over at the driver. "Why are there so many... armed vehicles out here? Isn't this city supposedly very secure, or something?" Leliel asked, thinking it a little strange that a city of which was known for its security had such a surplus of military vehicles -- like Scorpions. She originally figured that only a number of warthogs would be used, just standard military jeeps, but with everything else... it put her a little on edge.

Edited by Spink

OOC: It hurts my brain because it's technically impossible. You can have many, or you can have few. Not both. Those many can be spread thin, or you can have too few to cover an area, but it's pretty much an either/or thing. But if it's part of his character, I'm okay with it. I might start to call him out on it, though.

OOC: It hurts my brain because it's technically impossible. You can have many, or you can have few. Not both. Those many can be spread thin, or you can have too few to cover an area, but it's pretty much an either/or thing. But if it's part of his character, I'm okay with it. I might start to call him out on it, though.

OOC:And Kiro will reply with that it makes complete sense =PKiro, (Total) has many spies. but those spies which are in New Venice are spread thin. Kiro looks at things in terms of what he has total, and then what he has at the moment. So yeah. Maybe that's my own personality shining through a bit there =PBut whichever, your brain hurts, mine doesn't. =P

IC:Allan quickly took an opportunity to hop on the scorpion tread alongside Collin. He briefly looked his rifle and sidearm over, ensuring they were combat-ready. Better to be safe than sorry.Sliding his SOCOM into its holster on his thigh, he turned to Collin and yelled, in an attempt to be heard over the commoton erupting in the hangar, "For a morale-boosting machine, this thing's movement is pretty ponderous! How do you feel about the parade anyway?"

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin looked at the marine talking to him, "The parade? It's for the civilians. A little pomp and circumstance to make them feel better about their taxes going to a faceless organization that doesn't have a clear purpose anymore." He used his index fingers to mime a smile over his helmet, "We're the face of the faceless machine. In full body armor." He looked around him, taking in everything happening, "This is an awful lot of pomp and circumstance for a place like Eiro Jima though..."

IC: (S-52, Lance Corporal Cassandra, Spartan-III)Cass sighed and got onto a troop transport warthog that was awaiting nearby, the Spartan's armor caused the car to push down slightly. Though most Spartans were past things like that, inside her helmet she blushed slightly, it was totally the armor doing that. Well it wasn't completely true, since she got the augmentations, her bones were naturally denser. The Spartan was quite bored, not that she didn't enjoy parades.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:Allan looked at Collin through his visor, and stated, "Couldn't have said such better myself."I'm all too familiar with the faceless. I've co-operated with and worked for intelligence organizations throughout my career as a trooper. Now's the only time I've actually been included in a parade."I can't say I neccessarilly agree with the exorbident sums of money being pumped into our organization, but it keeps us in our jobs. That kind of ambivilance isn't exactly something you desire to be in your possession, but I guess we'll just have to get on with things."Anyway, I'd have to agree with you. Eiro Jima doesn't really seem like the ideal location to be marching the brass ostentatiously around. Sure, it might make the people here feel a bit more secure, but something jsut doesn't seem right..."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...