Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC:"This is the Syrrinx Republic Navy Corvette, Changeling Class, designation C-03 Night Wanderer, on a mission of exploration. There's a very good reason our ship is unidentified."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: "Of course you are. Why don't you come here and prove it to me? After all, fully developed sentient aliens? Making contact with us? That's definitely plausible. Here, I'll even clear a hangar for you because you're such important guests. I don't think I need to mention the repercussions clearing this needlessly would have on the party who caused it." As he punched in the order to clear the hangar, he leaned back, a smug look on his face as he called what he thought was a bluff.

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:"We'll get you you later." Was the closest thing to a goodbye the Syrrinx gave the Slavers, on a tight band transmission. Then the Night Wanderer turned ship and rocketed away, leaving a stream of superheated helium behind as it streamed towards the indicated hangar before turning again, and making a controlled landing on rocket thrusters in the designated hangar bay."We're here."

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: The comms officer hopped out of his chair, exiting the communication room and heading over to the cleared hangar. He stood in front of the alien ship, staring at it for a moment. It was definitely very different, and very unusual. But given the avant garde mindset some travelers have, it was possible it was a vagrant."Alright, come on out already. On any other planet I'd take it in good humour, but this colony just got established, I don't have time to play games with a traveling pilot over official comm channels."

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:A gangplank opened with a hiss, and rather than the Natsirt the comm officer expected, out stepped a green scaled, bright eyed, black toothed alien ten centimeters taller than him. What could have been mistaken for a pulsating growl was actually a light chuckle, before Sienta spoke."All right, all right, I'm not really an alien."

-Rover

IC: The officer was sitting on the ground, where he had fallen to after seeing the arrival's true form. As he heard the single sentence though, he regained composure, hopping back up."S-so that's a...a...costume?" He stepped closer as he spoke. "...Alright, I admit that's a pretty good getup - I'd be surprised if something this high-quality doesn't show up stolen from some film - but this is a serious operation here. We need to keep this colony on-schedule, so take off the mask or wipe the makeup off or whatever you need to do, I need some identification."

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:"I'm sorry. Alien humor. Yes, I am an alien. Look at my ship." Sienta waved her hand at the craft. The matte black paint wasn't very distinctive, but the radar-resistant contours and obvious gunports were very typical of the Syrrinx. "If a member of your race owned a stealthship with enough firepower to destroy this facility fairly quickly, would they be running around in a costume. I represent the Syrrinx Republic, a nation roughly twelve light-years from here."

-Rover

IC: He sighed, rubbing his forehead as he spoke."Alright, I don't know what you're quoting, but I've seriously had enough of the game. Can you please just show me your face already?" Before the "guest" could respond, he removed the hand from his forehead, extending it towards her. "Or, if you really have some proof you're an alien, lets see it." The last sentence, though arguably sincere, was laced with sarcasm.

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:"Care to see the inside of an alien ship, and the other eleven of us?"OOC: Bedtime, pick this up tomorrow afternoon.

-Rover

IC:The ceiling was immediately too tall; space is always on a premium on a ship, and an extra ten centimeters of needless headroom cost quite a bit. The other Syrrinx eyed the alien with unusual eyes, but the cinch was the colors; all the paint on the ship was, to a Natsirt, harsh, odd mixtures of primary colors. A Syrrinx eye was similar to a human's, or to an octopuses', for that matter, as far as structure went. The receptors were different, however; green plus red equaled violet to a Syrrinx eye.

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

OOC: Great, start without me.IC: The Neverending Truth broadcast a signal as well."This is the Euphausii-Class Scout designated 11485, Neverending Truth. We are here as Emissaries from the Treanuan Confederacy, an alien nation two systems from here. We request to come aboard your orbital installation and speak with you." said the Minister.He had been informed of the Syrrinx, and he was to attempt to patch up relations with them. The Tsui'nau did not need an enemy this early.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:"Okay seriously, who would pour this much time and money just into messing with your head?"

-Rover

OOC: I feel bad for that one member of Necro's species. Two first contacts in a row, and the poor sod thinks it's a trick.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The Alizarin scout ship that had been dispatched around the same time as the one that had encountered the Natsirt had spent most of its time trawling through apparently empty space. While this wasn't as exciting news as the two alien species that their compatriots in the Gleam of Hope Shining Through the Cosmos and Irregular Orbit of the Perpetual Questions had discovered, it was useful scientific data. Along with providing a shortlist of planets for expansion. Then they arrived in the Sector of space known as 2-35 and something came up on their sensors...OOC: Contact number three.Let's see, cordial agreement with the Syrrinx, treaty with the Natsirt, wonder what I can arrange with the Tsui'nau? I mean, sure both Alizarin and Treanuans are both cnidariforms dwelling on ocean worlds who communicate through light, but apart from that what do they have in common :P

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: [Mother of Invention]The Astra vessel Mother of Invention, meanwhile, had not been idle. While first contact was happening, they were already off exploring new frontiers, searching for new places to plant colonies. Their next course of action was to search the line of star systems nearest to Gallia, reaching off into the great unknown.Meanwhile, on Gallia and Baross, they had completed their first production runs of fighters and begun another.OOC: Mother of Invention to 1-16. Producing another run of fighters, ETA tomorrow.:w:

IC:The ceiling was immediately too tall; space is always on a premium on a ship, and an extra ten centimeters of needless headroom cost quite a bit. The other Syrrinx eyed the alien with unusual eyes, but the cinch was the colors; all the paint on the ship was, to a Natsirt, harsh, odd mixtures of primary colors. A Syrrinx eye was similar to a human's, or to an octopuses', for that matter, as far as structure went. The receptors were different, however; green plus red equaled violet to a Syrrinx eye.

OOCNecro controls a long distant offshoot of the Natsirt? Wow. :PIC [Location: Homeworld. Identity: Head Admiral]After the aliens had left, the Admiral immediately was transported to Citamgine, arriving rather quickly for a priority meeting. The Confederation Council had gathered, the various representatives in their seats while the Lead Councilor stood up next to the Admiral in the center."We have received word from New Lleh. The CAI Unaware Light has gone rouge; it has actually taken control of the military and is making dealings with an alien species." The Lead Councilor shook his head furiously. "The engineers are currently working on shutting it down but we suspect it has broken the firewalls and spread itself onto the internet. While we cannot blame our men for following it's orders, it has caused a serious rift; it made a treaty with the species, when it knew we were planning on advancing into that area of space.""The new battle fleet will be completed soon." The Head Admiral looked around her, making eye contact with the representatives. "As we speak, the crew of the New Horizons is at a meeting with two species, in an effort to make an alliance. These other species who have made contact with the CAI seem to use some sort of organic technology; technology that would be extremely useful for us.""What are you suggesting, Admiral?" The representative of New Llaf asked, raising an eyebrow."At this time we have no reason to simply annex these worlds... but the moment we receive an excuse, we will attempt to bring the first ever alien species into the Confederation." She shrugged. "If this alliance of our species with the other two goes well, we will have additional support no doubt. With our new fleet it will be a fair fight; with the combined might of two or even three fleets, they will be forced to surrender and be annexed."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Ah, the joys of sci-fi spelling. :P IC(Xom): "Vagrants with nothing better to do and only food and fuel to spend money on outside of these sorts of things." He glanced around as he spoke, a look of annoyance on his face, or at least what appeared to be annoyance to the alien observers. "Look, at this point, I'm honestly hoping you're telling the truth, because as annoyed as I am it's taking from my work, the quality of it is enough that I'd feel bad spoiling the fun, and if it's true, simply put, it's ****ing incredible. But this is kind of a big thing. Revolutionary, society-changing, new-pre-contact-post-contact-yearkeeping, biggest-moment-of-our-history, I'm-the-most-important-man-in-our-history, never-be-the-same big, if you're really some sort of alien. I'm going to need proof before I believe you, because if I believe you, I think I should've had a few heart attacks by now, and called Ilavena to organize a meeting for you with the Primarchs, and informed them of this, which is not something you do unless you have something solid. This isn't exactly something I can take on word alone."IC(ToA): The lieutenant sighed, sitting down at the comms panel. It always seemed like the guy with the shift before her left ten minutes early, and there was always a message waiting when she sat down."Neverending Truth, we're going to need some proof if you're going to say that. Something that big that's never happened before isn't exactly the kind of thing you take at face value, and given the restrictions on unauthorized transit to sub-protectorate colonies, calling something this historic because you're in the wrong system isn't something that's high on our list."

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

IC: Roshad glanced at the Minister. "If I may, Lord, I believe they will require physical proof. Shall we ask them to dock?"Affirmative, Sergeant, replied the Tsui'nau.He sent out another signal. "I assure you, the truth is being told here," transmitted the Minister."If you'll allow us to dock here, we will prove the truth of our statements to you. While I realize that first contact may seem extraordinary, you are only the second race we've encountered, so this is a new experience for us as well."IC: In 2-35, the ocean world of Tuonata's planet-based sensors detected the Alizarin ship.They transmitted a signal in both Bivalvi and the flashing light patterns of the Tey'so tongue."Halt, unidentified craft. State your model, designation, and purpose."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Location: 2-3. Identity: Various]The colonizing fleet had arrived on 2-3, the colonists immediately beginning work on taming the environment and beginning to settle.OOC2-3 is designated New Kory. Update to -1 IP in three days, ETA Friday Nov. 11

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "Give us something to go off of to start." Came the reply. "Hard proof can wait until you land, but every single resource this place has is going to getting the colony stable. We need a bit more than words before expending the time and power to clear a hangar."OOC: Nothing big, just something small - video, images, something to make it seem possible that it's real. Xom said he was enjoying the passive-aggressive comms officer, which is why it's still going there, I'll try to be more reasonable here. :P

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

IC(2-35): The Alizarin did not recognise either language, but the light patterns at least functioned on a similar level to theirs. Taking a leaf out of the Natsirt's book they relayed a brief explanation of their syntax, hoping that, like them, the alien species had translation technology capable of understanding what it was being told even if the aliens themselves could not

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:Sienta thought for a moment, and then said "I'm going to take a knife off my belt to help prove this to you." She did so, slowly, commenting as she did "it's too long for you to consider a knife, isn't it?" Before waiting for a reply, Sienta used one of her smaller arms to pull a vial from a pocket off her belt, and, holding the knife in one large hand and the other outstretched, she pricked her skin, slicing in between two scales and letting pitch black blood drip into it before stoppering it and licking the wound."Take that, do a laboratory test on it, what have you. Nothing will match. And I don't suppose your blood is black, if you have blood? Ruthenium based stuff, we were told that Iron was much, much more common, and the indigenous life on the three planets we've colonized use iron in their blood. Comes out red."OOC: I'm not sure if that makes much sense, but since Ruthenium is right below Iron on the periodic table, it should have similar if not identical bonding properties, including use in a hemoglobin-like chemical.

-Rover

OOCForgot about Veeci[iC [Location: New Lleh. Identity: Unaware Light]The delegation of aliens arrived to be greeted by Unaware Light's hologram, the captain, along with six armed guards."My apologizes for the weaponry; it's for your own protection, I assure you. Some citizens are not as... welcoming of aliens as you might think. Riots are currently going on along the entire Confederation." Unaware Light shrugged. "You'll be safe here, no less."OOCTo give you an idea of their guns, they're like a sleeker version of an AK-47, which fires either a solid tungsten round or a plasma burst.

Ic (1-2): What kind of imbeciles would use that horrific design for a club? Bah... Just as long as we don't come across any xenophobic lunatics I suppose it's not my problem."I'm not sure what other political business you wanted to carry out when you requested for us to stay. May I ask what more you'd like to discuss?"Ic (1-2): Beneath the artificial, floating-island the squad of four came across what they were looking for, an entrance to a pipe, leading into the inner-workings of the facility. What kind of duct was it, they weren't sure, but it would have to do; they had a schedule to keep. Hopefully it was just a simple water intake that they could exit before de-contamination. Two members of the team pulled out a primitive form of wire-cutters and began to snap the grating on the pipe. With the final snip the mesh came undone and began to sink down into the murky waters below. The point-man swam up first, aided by the water current sucking in. Popping their protruding joints limp, the spec-ops team proceeded into the bowels of the station.Ooc: (@Alex): I suppose you decide what they come across in the team's breaking & entering expedition.1-42 & 1-35 Colonies have become Self-sufficient (Yesterday)Tinte Carrier CompletedWhy must school be so time-consuming!? Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

IC: The Proctor of Tuonata, Mulutao 3765 was receiving a direct line to the aliens.He ran the reply through the translation algorithms, the coral pulsing as it computed the message.Translated, it appeared to be a dictionary of some kind. Using this, the Tsui'nau was able to send back a reply in a somewhat mangled form of the Alizarin tongue."Greetings, Alizarin. You have entered the space of the Treanuan Dominion. Please state your purpose."IC: "Proof.... we will begin transmitting a video feed."The coral in the ship turned its stalks towards the ships inhabitants, the eye-like projections on the end recording video, and transmitting it to the aliens.The video revealed the inside of the silver ship contained glowing coral, mostly of a purple shade, though it ranged to blue and pink as well. Standing in the ship were a pair of humanoid crustacean like aliens, their carapaces bright red, though most of their bodies were covered by silver armor. A pistol hung at the side of each, and they each carried large assault rifles.The next alien was of the same species of the first two, but clad in a simple robe, holding a device of some kind.The next three creatures were a different species- Squidlike, with beaked faces covered in tentacles, with four more tentacles sprouting from the bottom of their "torso", serving as legs, with four more handing from the stomach. Two long tentacles extended from their backs, with a final two coming from their "shoulders". These two split into three on the end, and two of this race was holding ornate bladed staves, which appeared to serve a dual purpose as firearms. These two were ornately armored, while the final member of their race wore only light armor, and carried only a pistol.The final alien was the most impressive- a ten foot tall column of tentacles, capped by a translucent "head", and glowing a bright, shifting blue. It obviously commanded a great deal of respect, and had an air of power about it. The only clothing it wore were four silver nodes around the cap, each emitting a steady blue light from one end."Will this be proof enough?"OOC: Note: Eyuani coral is not commonly used in Bivalvi ships, but this one has been prepared for a Tsui'nau captain.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(2-35): "Exploration. This area of space is unknown to us. We sought to add data on it to our starmaps. It is also our policy to conduct an informal meeting between new species discovered upon inhabited planets."OOC: Those two Icterine should be finished, so starting constructing on 2-5 of a coloniser

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "We accept these terms. Does your species respire gaseous or with a liquid medium? This planet is covered by a world ocean, so any needed environmental suits should be donned before you disembark. Your craft can be docked on the surface station located approximately 46 degrees south by 20 degrees west of your current position," replied the Proctor.The coordinates of the docking station, located near the planet's largest area of settlement, were sent as well.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Valaticus nodded tersely, "Our comms-officers will have the coordinates of our colonies for you in a matter of minutes. I thank you for your courtesy, Commander Licht. I hope this is the beginning of a long and fruitful alliance."OOC: Now that my Protectorates are all self-sustaining, I will undock the I'akoi at 1-46, 1-47, 1-44 and 1-45.

Edited by TheMightyFighty

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

IC: "I...um..." The comms officer's glance shot between the pool of blood and the figure it had been drawn from, the annoyed look on his face now one of disbelief. "I...wow. Wow. I'll...um...I'll...I'll be right back, I need to sit down or I think I'm going to black out, I'll...I'll call the Primarchs once I can breathe right. Wow." At that, he turned, hobbling out of the ship's cabin before stumbling over onto a cargo crate, pushing himself back up off of it.Meanwhile, back in the communications room, the lieutenant sat silent, staring in disbelief at the monitor. After a moment, she shook herself, returning to the console."I'll clear a hangar right away, and send a message off about this. Welcome. I can put you in contact with the colony's Primarch if you want, I think they'll all want to see this though..."OOC: Shuttleship thing containing five politicians en route to 40-2, passing through 38-2.

baltimore_ravens.png

OOC: Not a pool of blood. Just a little prick, like with a needle.IC:An odd facial expression crossed Sienta's visage. "Take all the time you need." She said. Any Syrrinx would see that look as a sardonic smile.

-Rover

IC: "That would be most appreciated. May peace and friendship grow between our races," replied the Minister.He shut off the video feed, and transmitted his "voice" to the receptors in Roshad's armor.Sergeant, we have made history today. Let us hope all goes well.Indeed, thought Roshad. I would pray, but...That will not be necessary.Right.Interrupting the silent conversation, Lehua tapped a few buttons on the touchscreen pad he held. A bit old fashioned, but the Bivalvi preferred the simplicity."We've received reports of first contact with an alien race which entered the Bivali Mun system. They are known as Syrrinx. Relations with them started out on a bad note, but not hostile, just less the cordial. This ship seems to be one of theirs... Perhaps we can patch things up with them somewhat."Very well... Attempt to open a comline. In the meantime, upload the transcript of the first contact to the ship's systems- I'll be looking over it.The Bivalvi bowed. "As you wish, Lord."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(2-35): "A liquid world is preferable, though we do not know if the liquid of your worlds is inimical to us or not, so we shall take precautionary measures and wear exploration suits anyway."The Icterine burned through the atmosphere of the planet until it arrived at the directed docking station, extending its landing tentacles to prepare for the meeting

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:One of the Syrrinx onboard the ship saw the alert requesting a comm from the Slavers. He immediately switched the alert off without responding

-Rover

OOC: So about how long should I give the ingame hour I need for the warp to recharge?Hangar's clear for you ToA, land whenever you like.IC: The comms officer returned to the Syrrinx ship, still shaken, but noticeably more collected"They're on their way." He said. "It's not the quickest trip, but it shouldn't be more than...how do you measure time? Actually, we can worry about that later, whichever one of you is the leader, follow me to the meeting room."

baltimore_ravens.png

IC:Sienta was of course the Xenologer, so the others deferred to her in this regard, returning to the ship as she followed.OOC: Unless it's in combat it doesn't really matter. Accelerate it for the sake of RP.

-Rover

IC:"Yes, I'm female." Sienta said. "Your species has two distinct genders, right?"

-Rover

IC: "Unless I've been in the dark the past few decades." The two stopped, the comms officer opening the door in front of them. "They're on their way through the installation right now, they'll be with you shortly."

baltimore_ravens.png