Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOCWas I in 1-40 or was that Veeci? Who are you transmitting numbers to?Also, it's going be a joint effort; me, Koth, and Ak. The Trilateral Alliance of Planets. Considering my whole role in it is watching the north for invaders, if you try attacking without support you're just going provoke a war with the TAP, which even if Veeci decides to drag the war out, will have a serious impact on you.Because with Veeci it can be argued I'm being a ****; with you attacking me, well, I'm the one being attacked, thus per the inprocess charter of the TAP -being written as we speak by yours truly to be sent to the fellow members for approval-, defense of a TAP member is of the utmost importantance.Oh, and I think everyone's empires are updated now on the map.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Caution is likely to be the buzzword here, though. What Xom has basically built here is the Inner Sphere but with aliens. While I understand the draw of wiping out small powers, it may not be wise in the long run, especially if Veeci can handle his troops effectively.TPtI: Hmm... We may have to discuss technological plans in a bit. IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): "Then it would be best for us to speed this work. Our engineers will meet with you shortly to work out the fix - there is an industrial research facility a kilometer to the north that you can use for this purpose. We will arrange the transport."Within minutes, a tracked vehicle had arrived, with more than enough room inside for the Alizarin engineers.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCI realize Veeci is going be important in the long run when the RXP invades; hence why he's becoming a vassal state of the TAP, not being exterminated. We need all the man power possible when you S2 guys come knocking.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC(1-34): The comm officer on the 'day' shift at Nakare Control began a reply: "89, 144... Wait, what is this? 2, 2, 2, 2."He closed the channel on his end, then opened it again."Sorry, wrong script..." A pause."Greetings alien, you have entered Kalarii Federation space. Please keep on your current path and state your intentions."

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): It was fortunate that the Alizarin walked around in their exploration suits. It meant they had a ready source of their technology to hand (or tentacle) and wouldn't have to have their whole ship transferred."might we make a small request?" the Chief navigator asked, "If we are to remain here for a prolonged visit, would you mind providing suitable accommodation? These suits are adequate for exploration, but for living in they are rather..." It searched for the word, "Cramped."OOC: You know, I think if there is a third iteration of this game, I'll play as a villainous race. Not accidentally, because they're a bit unlikeable or because they make poor decisions, but real Illegitimate Children who hate everybody and are hated in return. No-one's really done a race like that in either game

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I'm considering eventually doing a third iteration once we've learned what we can from this one. For this one, all I'm trying to do is not be the designated good guys.It's tough, though. I once played Venezuela in Model United Nations, was completely serious and in-character, and ended up being the designated good guy because Russia and Germany were being dumb. You know it's a bad day when Venezuela and Iran save the world.IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): "If you provide the specifications for proper accommodations, we will do all in our power to provide them.OOC: Hmmm... I could start building a medium ship on Diemwnt-Blaidd. I rather need the mobile firepower.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCI'm going be doing murderous Lovecraftian horrors.Also, it looks as though Xom is going have a different war to watch gleefully over... then realize what it means for him. The TAP vrs Veeci war might be off; need to talk to Koth over it.

voidstars.png

OOCYeah, it's a weakness of mine.Or maybeI'm just screwing around with you people, making you believe one plan while another is underway.Link because of screen stretching size.I knew I'd use that soon enough.

voidstars.png

IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): The Chief Navigator waved at one of the other crew-members, the ship's quarter-master, who withdrew a disk from the underside of the suit's tanks. Colours shimmered on it like oil on water, more fibre optic technology. The colours began spinning in an ordered sequence, faster and faster, until they leapt off the disk to form a hologram in the air. It depicted an airtight tank or pool of the sort the Alizarin could live in; what sort of fluid it could be filled with, what sort of food would be required, the quality and amount of air allowed to enter the water, and so on"This should be useful," the quarter-master said, the mechanical speaking-voice entirely masking the dry wit

7AOYGDJ.jpg

(@Alex) Ic (1-2): "Of course, I'll get our communications officer to send our information right away."Something doesn't seem right... If they knew we were here why didn't they send ambassadors with the troops? What's going on...(@Power) Ic (1-40): "We are explorers that come as representatives of the Leben race. We would like to request a meeting for two-sided informational purposes and to discuss the possibilities of peace treaties, technological exchanges, and other things of the like. ""May we have permission to dock somewhere?"(@Koth) Ic (1-34): As the crew onboard Leben ships share a state of joined consciousness they all heard the aliens amateur mistake. This was a amusing and positive sign."We bid you greetings as intermediates from the High-Leben oligarchy. Our objective is exploration and the obtainment of information. As stated in first contact protocols we would like to request a meeting with a representative of your species to discuss the possibility of an alliance."Ooc: 10 Abfangen Fighters complete. Due to limitation of biomass ship production on the two Outer Worlds ceases for the time being.Alex, I know this sounds utterly ridiculous, but my OCD-ness is taking the best of me. When you get the chance could you rearrange the names in the Color Key to remove the gaps?

Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOCCurse my talkative fingers.IC [Location: 1-10. Identity: Captain]The officer once more leaned towards the captain, the man looking at the other for a moment before muttering something about 'wish-washy politicians' and addressed the gathered again."Apparently my government has decided a more humane measure; we'll be bringing them into this alliance in more peaceful of ways than annexing them. My government believes four fleets is better than three, especially given these times."

voidstars.png

IC(1-40): "A dry-dock is being provided. Follow the co-ordinates beamed to you. Avoid the storms, they can be lethal."Despite being aquatic, the Alizarin had always used dry-docks. Getting ships from water, to the air, to space was too much hassle, especially when you could cut one of those steps out.The lone city on the planet lets its dock float to the surface, where the water was pumped out and the skyward port opened to allow the Leben craft access

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(1-34): "Um..." came the voice of the traffic controller, "Our Consul and Senators are busy at the moment, but I can try to set you up for a meeting with the planetary governor. He has no treaty-making power though."The Leben ship was sent landing coordinates centred on the auxilary landing field since the main spaceport was still under construction.~~~One of each Eversmanii frigate (four total) over Torios (1-10) assigned to patrol 1-50, 1-49, 1-43, and 1-7.(1-10): "Very well," said Ranerei, "It is better to keep out of combat if possible."Some of the senators sighed some not-too-happy sighs, having just been convinced to put out a military effort.OOC: Construction of 4 Putorius small ships over Czalath (1-8) completed.Nakare (1-34) upgraded to Outer World.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

(@Power) Ic (1-40): The craft delved into the atmosphere, cautious not to get near the rather vicious looking storm systems spiraling around the planet's surface like an indian rain dance. Touching down softly the bottom of the crustacean-like ship recoiled open and allowed its passengers to drop out of the bottom.Three representatives clothed in gray, gold-trimed robes stepped forward leaving the sword-weilding guards with the ship.(@Koth) Ic (1-34): "Very well, that will suffice."The shrimp-like vessel made haste and quickly followed the traffic controller's coordinates, reaching a large plain, structures dotting the landscape. Coming to a stop above the designated landing location, the Forchung ship, silhouetted by the sun, floated down and landed gently on the ground. The orifice on the bottom of the craft retracted letting the alien delegates out into the open-air, rebreather-parasites covering half of their faces.

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOC: I commit to no interpretation of the enemy's movements until they are in the process of being made.IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): "Preparation of such a facility will begin shortly. In the meantime, our engineers are waiting for you at the R&D complex."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [General]Four Valiant class vessels were pulled from their guard duty, the fleet rearranging itself; one Valiant each was sent to 41, 38, 37, 6 in sector 1, while a Homeworld class vessel was sent to 2-3 while one remained on 1-1. When they arrived the Valiants sent out a simple message, accompanied by the usual dictionary/grammar structure;"This system have been claimed in the name of the Natsirt Confederation of Nations, under the authority of the Confederation Council. Any attempts to colonize these systems will be viewed as a land dispute and an act of war."Knowing they would need to refuel in two weeks, they left satellites orbiting a few of the planets in each system, broadcasting the same message.[Location: 1-10. Identity: Captain]"I wish to apologize on the behalf of my government for being so... how to say, extremely flexible with their plans." The captain raised a hand to the officer, already knowing what the Council would say to that. "My government is writing up a charter as we speak outlying the basic premises of the alliance; it's goals, it's laws, and such. This committee can review it and we can change it until all three parties are satisfied."

voidstars.png

IC(1-34): As an aide from the Nakare state centre went out to the ship to greet the Leben, two Kalarii maintenance workers joked amongst themselves about the appearance of the alien ship."It looks like a massive shrimp," commented one, a short and stocky Kalarii with tawny fur."Perhaps it's edible...?" joked his partner, a tall female with the more common dark brown fur.The government aide greeted the Leben then lead them off to the state centre where they would meet with the planet's governor.OOC: IT'S 1-10 NOT 1-9 DANG YOU.IC(1-10): Consul Ranerei nodded his approval. There was a beep, a specific tone reserved priority messages. The Consul promptly retrieved his datapad from a pocket on his tunic and scanned the text on the screen."It seems the Leben you spoke of have made contact with a colony of ours. They have requested an alliance with us."

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC*editing...*IC [Location: 1-10. Identity: Captain]"..." The captain spoke with his officer for a moment, listening carefully then sighing. "My government says to invite them to this conference as an observing member, capable of voicing their opinions but not actually having any power over the charter."

voidstars.png

IC(1-10): Consul Ranerei brought up a better idea: "Because they have already set down on our colony, perhaps it would be better to communicate with them the same we are communicating with the Senate."An aide standing by near the conference table tapped out an order to theatre staff on his datapad with his right hand, balancing the device on his knee and balancing himself on his other leg, while holding a half-eaten footlong shrimp in his left hand.A pair of staff members wheeled a small viewscreen through the halls and out onto the theatre floor. It was positioned on the side of the table opposite of the Senate viewscreen. One staff member left, but one remained, waiting for the order to turn it on.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Location: 1-10. Identity: Captain]The officer whispered something and the captain cursed something that the translators didn't carry, before turning to the Kalarii. "Our government... has changed its mind... again. It says that no power for the Leben is not fair; they feel a member of such an alliance should be... able to do some basic things. They think that the Leben should be granted basic powers in this case; not the ability to influence the charter, but be able to vote in matters at later times."

voidstars.png

IC(1-10): The Consul kept a straight face but there was clearly annoyance on the faces of some of the senators."Very well," said Ranerei. He then nodded to the screen attendant, who powered the device on, connecting the conference to the Leben and Nakare governor lightyears away.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC:Sienta had a look of clear disapproval on her face; clear to any Syrrinx, that was. "If that may be. Your way of life is quite objectionable to the Syrrinx people in general. No reason we can't get along peacefully." Any Syrrinx would be able to taste the irony in her voice. The translator rendered it dull and flat.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

(@1-10 Meeting) Ic (1-34): The three Leben delegates, donning the same gray and gold attire as those in 1-40 appeared on the screen looking rather perplexed at the quickly and unexpectedly emerging situation, not to mention none of them had ever seen a high-resolution screen or camera before.The representative in the middle spoke up, "Greetings and salutations. I have been informed that this is a meeting regarding the formation of a several-way alliance. As a spokesperson for the Leben race, I'd like to hear your propositions and possibly partake in your proposal. May I ask where you are in the discussion?Ooc: Koth, you have no idea how badly I wanted to stamp this post with a 1-9....And it appears that the higher-ups of the household have sentenced me to sleep. G'night guys.

Formerly Vorox Chief.

IC: Well, first of course would be a pact of non-aggression, assuring that our races will not attack each other unless attacked first. Secondly, a military alliance, in that we will defend each other when in need. Thirdly, that trade begins between our nations, to better both of our species. Are these terms acceptable? asked the Proctor.IC: On Treanu, the Grand Council Convened yet again.The Tsui'nau filed into the chamber, glowing and murmuring among themselves.Greetings, brothers, said the Grand Proctor. There is much business that must be attended to.First order of business- Each of our colonies is now producing the resources needed to construct a starbase. These Actinaria are vital to our security, as a first line of defense. Shall these be constructed?The Tsui'nau murmured agreement, recognizing that these would provide a strong measure of defense, with the Treanuans possessing such a small fleet.Good. They will begin construction. Secondly, I propose the newly constructed colonizer be sent to 2-33, instead of our original plans. The Syrrinx appear to have originated from that direction, and a world there will give us a good place to begin a defensive campaign. In addition, it contains a moist, swampy world suitable for Bivalvi habitation. All in favor?While there was some dissent, most of the Tsui'nau agreed.Excellent. Now, the Poseidon, our first dreadnought, is complete, and currently docked with this planet's starbase. It is a powerful ship- But our fleet will need more. Concerning this, the Bivalvi have requested to build their own fleet in addition to ours. After some thought, I found this an acceptable proposition, because if a weakness of our ships was ever found by an enemy, we would have an extra fleet without those weak points. In addition to this, the Bivalvi have a difficult time controlling our ships, and this takes away a vital military resource. Of course, they will have to draw up their own ship designs, and we will need to design our own class of Interceptor. Is this course agreed upon?The Tsui'nau agreed, finding the idea made sense.Wonderful. Now, I am monitoring our contact, currently occurring with three races. We will attempt to repair relations with the Syrrinx, but the other two species seem friendly to ours. I will update the council concerning these. This meeting is dismissed- To the gods and the people of Treanu!IC: I hope that it will not prove so. Our way of life will not intrude upon yours at all, we simply ask that you treat our culture with the same respect that we will show yours. May our races find peace and prosperity together, replied the Minister. Transmitting into her mind allowed him to pick up on some sense of her sarcasm, though he chose not to acknowledge it.OOC: Colonizer sent to 2-33.Construction on starbases proceeding.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: This is most interesting, if slightly schizophrenic. In the meantime...Class Name: Brawd-durClass Size: MediumClass Function And Description: The Brawd-dur is specialised for the task of eliminating large targets that would present too great a threat to other units. Because of its singular weapon system, the Brawd-dur has to carry extra armor, and, to make it somewhat defensible on its own, reinforced turret-rotation equipment to provide the ship with a 32,400-degree firing arc. (360 lateral, 90 vertical)Class Weapons: Solet heavy armor (2), Reinforced Turret (1), Dur-Llaw Duw (1)Name: Reinforced TurretModification Size: Single-slotMechanics: The reinforced turret is a heavier, more robust turret design made specifically for the accommodation of weapon systems too large to fit on a normal turret. The extra motors, structural reinforcement, and standard armor for a Reinforced Turret are what require the use of a slot for its placement. It should be noted that, due to the size of it, the Reinforced Turret rotates much more slowly than its smaller counterparts.Name: Dur-Llaw DuwWeapon Size: LargeMechanics: The Dur-Llaw Duw is a high-powered Gauss cannon capable of firing a one-ton ferromagnetic projectile (metric) at just over twenty times the speed of sound in atmosphere (7,000 m/s, for an average shot). Owing to the size of the projectile and the speed at which it is travelling, intercepting the projectile is difficult, as is stopping it on the way to its target. On impact, the projectile delivers approximately 7 Megatons of force.Yeah. Building one of those over Diemwnt-Blaidd. It'll be finished by the end of 11/19.Also, while this thing is 466.7 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, it's pitiful next to, say, the Soviet Tsar Bomba, which tested with a yield of 50 Mt. Small comfort, I suppose, when a metric ton of metal is hurtling towards your ship.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Just me and Xom chatting, really. I greeted your guys here:

IC: His attention shifted to the Primarchs, though he did not turn in his bubble.Greetings, my friends. We are well-met. Primarch Ranes has been nothing but a gracious and helpful host, and I trust his kindness as hospitality is well indicative of the rest of his race. I am designated Cal-te 4432, Minister of the Treanuan Dominion.Lehua bowed formally at the waist to the other races, but said nothing.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Quick question Xom - half the first post lists dropships like a separate class of ships built that way, and the other half lists them as an upgrade. Which is it?

Upgrade. Fixing.IC:"My government has ordered me not to agree to such terms. Unless you value Gold as currency, our economies are incompatible. We want none of your military protection; from what my ship saw of the flyover we took, it was paltry, pathetic, and in all likelihood, we would be protecting you." Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Oh. What did I tell you about Telepathy? Transmit one way, get nothing back.You should offer that to Sienta so I don't end up wasting that bit of writing

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

OOC: Hey Humva, I just had an idea. Would it be possible to do something to mark alliances on the map?IC: It didn't take scientists long to notice some of the stellar data that the Sanshorans had provided hinted at other races in the nearby vicinity. Excited, they alerted their colleagues, and their findings were soon confirmed. They then alerted the Office of External Affairs, who alerted the military. It didn't take long for the military to deploy a pair of frigates to the area suspected to contain alien life, outfitted with first contact protocols gleaned from the Sanshoran meeting. They were, of course, sure to alert the Sanshorans of their plans.~+~Meanwhile, the Budget Committee of the Concilium Plebis was reviewing the budget for this fiscal quarter and realized that they had some resources left over, which they gladly pointed out in their report.OOC: After recounting my budget, I have realized that I have two IP left over. Frigates Slave to Wisdom and Spire of Fury to 1-34. Bit of a trek, yeah, but hey. I don't think anyone's complaining. *knock knock* Koth, your move.:w:

OOC: Whatever.IC:Sienta sat back. "I highly doubt our cultures will ever do anything together."IC:Colonizer, Faerie, and two Changelings to 2-14

-Rover

IC: Perhaps not our cultures or peoples, but I think that both of our civilizations would be comfortable with an agreement to mutually respect each other's sovereignty, and thus agree to hold a peace between our nations. I do, however, realize a full alliance is quite unlikely, and so I see such a peace agreement as the most prudent course, replied the Minister.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.