Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC:Seela produced from her pouch a small(relative to a Syrrinx) rectangular device."I'm contacting my government by ansible." She said. "I'll have word from the Master of Xenology soon."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:Sienta looked up from her device. "Our nation sees little benefit from such an arrangement." A momentary, predatory grin, black teeth shining, and then her mouth was closed.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: ........IC: 10-1"We agree to all the terms presented." Thadanox said, "The Thernians will support any member of the Alliance in the event of a conflict, and as stated, resources and technology shall be shared."OOC: Happy?

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

OOC: Hey, ToA, did you ever reply to this post?IC(1-40): "If you are equipped with exploratory suits or equipment, you should wear them now," the Leben were advised, "Depressurisation will begin soon. The dock will be flooded. If you have no such devices, remain on your ship, unless you are capable of amphibious existence."Already the hatch began to shut, essentially sealing the Leben in. They felt the shudder as the construct began to descend into the blue waters. Waters which would soon be pouring into the dock itself. The Alizarin weren't going to break out the containment suits on their own planet after all, they were going to meet the Leben in their own environment. UnderwaterIC(Diemwnt-Drwg): "Yes, of course," said the Chief Navigator, leading its crew onto the awaiting transport

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Well, first of course would be a pact of non-aggression, assuring that our races will not attack each other unless attacked first. Secondly, a military alliance, in that we will defend each other when in need. Thirdly, that trade begins between our nations, to better both of our species. Are these terms acceptable? asked the Proctor.

OOC: Here, haha. :PIC: As you wish, replied the Minister. I am sorry we could not agree on such a thing. Nevertheless, may we both find peace, somehow.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Hey Humva, I just had an idea. Would it be possible to do something to mark alliances on the map? :w:

OOCNeat idea; one I'll look into. Maybe another color circle around the system, designating the alliance?Well, looks like Ak has finally pulled himself from Skyrim; I just write up the final charter and the TAP... is formed.*historical moment*AlsoToA, you didn't respond to my peeps popping into your colony. 2-35 I believe.IC [General]The ships heading towards 1-45 and 1-16 finally reached their targets, though in the duo going to 1-17 they detected a ship in 1-16 first, stopping. They started broadcasting the same standard first contact procedures; a dictionary and grammar structure with the stock message."We are the starship x*, representing the Natsirt Confederation of Nations. We are on a peaceful mission of exploration, to seek out new life and find their intentions. If you could transmit your language's dictionary and grammar structure it would make communications much easier."OOCReplace X with either Unstoppable Courage, Unstoppable Justice, for 1-16 and Unstoppable Might for 1-45.Construction of Homeworld Class vessel is complete; 2-3 upgraded to Outer World, ETA for Inner World 25th. The following build orders have been issued;~2-3 has begun building ONE Protector Class starbase in orbit. ETA, 25th.IC [Location: 1-9. Identity: Captain]The captain was handed a tablet by his officer, looking it over for a moment before passing two more to the Kalarii and Thernians. "Our government has finished the charter; if nothing is disagreed with it, we can formalize this agreement and the Trilateral Alliance of Planets can be formed. Any objections to the name?" The captain also had an FTL burst sent to the Leben, so they could see what they were getting themselves into.OOCPMing Koth and Ak and Veeci.IC [Location: 1-2. Identity: Commander]The commander listened to something in his helmet for a moment before turning towards the Minister."I've been contacted by the Council; it looks as though our species will be allies in an alliance being formed as we speak. Not much point in discussing a treaty then; my apologizes for you coming all the way out here for nothing."Even as the commander spoke, a watch outpost three hundred kilometers away picked up something unusual in the water near the space elevator. The observer in place woke up from her nap when it begin beeping, looking the controls over for a moment. A slight organic disturbance... she tried getting a lock but the spy satellites in orbit were being blocked by cloud cover. Sighing, she reclined by in her chair, not thinking anything of it. Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Err, Xom, care to give a detailed overview of the Syrrinx military/industrial status, like everyone else did yesterday? It makes it very hard to connive and stuff when I don't know exactly what forces to connive against/be in cahoots with/have a heart full of cold neutrality.IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): The tracked transport, which was really quite roomy, made its way towards the R&D complex at a fairly decent clip, though not insanely fast, because the Diemawr do have some concept of comfort, you know?Anyway, what followed was an indeterminate passage of time - not really long, but not instant, because making an adapter to connect two very different computer systems is just one of those things that isn't boring enough to be handwaved, but isn't interesting enough to go into excruciating detail on.A shorter, but still indeterminate amount of time was taken to prepare the accomodations for the Alizarin visitors. Given the amount of indeterminateness involved here, said accomodations may or may not have been used while the adapter was being developed (they totally were).OOC: If that is the silliest thing I do here, count yourselves lucky.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: 10-1The Thernians took a moment to look over the charter, Thadanox first before passing it to the other two leaders of Thernian Planets."We approve of all things covered on the charter." announced the leader of the Thernians; "We have no objections to the name. Is there a copy of the charter that we must all sign, or shall it simply be in words?"OOC:Construction during downtime:Construction Complete on the 12th:-009-SB (01) (02) (03) Orbital Defence & Utility Stations @ 11-1, 12-1, & 13-1Construction started on the 12th: 2 046-S (03) (04) Light Frigates @ 13-11 105-C (02) Planetary Habitation & Terraforming Vessel @ 12-11 063-M (02) Battleship @ 11-1 Construction Completed on the 15th:2 046-S (03) (04) Light Frigates @ 13-11 063-M (02) Battleship @ 11-1 Construction Started on the 15th:4 046-S (05) (06) (07) (08) Light Frigates @ 13-1 Construction Completed on the 18th:4 046-S (05) (06) (07) (08) Light Frigates @ 13-1THERNIAN STATUS:Profile:Post 21Planets:11-1:Core World-Azerax (+3 Industry)12-1:Homeworld-Thernax (+5 Industry)13-1:Core World-Vexavan (+3 Industry)32-1:Self-Sustaining World-Vozatox (+0 Industry)Fleet:3 009-SB Orbital Defence & Utility Stations (-3 Industry)-(01) (02 (03)8 046-S Light Frigates (-2 Industry)-(01) (02) (03) (04) (05) (06) (07) (08)2 063-M Battleships (-2 Industry)-(01) (02)1 030-C Civilian Vessel (?)-(01-Vezzar Velkan)Industry:Planets= +11 IndustryFleet = -6 IndustryConstruction= -5 IndustryTOTAL INDUSTRY: +0.0Ship Locations:-009-SB Orbital Defence & Utility Station 01 @ 11-1-009-SB Orbital Defence & Utility Station 02 @ 12-1-009-SB Orbital Defence & Utility Station 03 @ 13-1-030-C Civilian Vessel @ 10-1-all Thernian warships heading from current locations to 1-1--Akaku: Master of Flight

Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

IC [Location: 1-9. Identity: Captain]"Ink or pixels don't mean anything; while a good formality, it has no lasting effect." The captain shrugged. "I believe the best way would be for all of us to make a public FTL transmission to our worlds, stating that we have agreed to an alliance. Once we have made it clear to our peoples this was a peaceful situation and not under duress, then we will have billions of witnesses to mark this occasion... and our agreement to this charter. You cannot so easily go back on your word after that, now can you?"

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC(1-10): Ranerei looked over the terms of the charter, then sent it to the Senate. There were no objections."The Kalarii Federation accepts these terms. To comply with said terms, jump technology will be released to public enterprise. I believe that is all we have that needs to be said," announced the Consul.OOC:Coloniser under construction over Kalaras (1-9) to be completed Nov. 24.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC(1-34): The Kalarii traffic controller was more alert after his experience with the Leben and actually noticed the report that came over from the radar officer a floor below. Two unidentified vessels had warped into the system. The controller sighed and opened a free communications channel."Greetings, you have entered Kalarii Federation space around the Nakare system. Please identify yourselves and state your business."

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Oi, Kothra, I just popped two frigates into one of your systems to say hi. :w:

OOCAnd I popped in two of my own in 1-7 and sent out a message saying hi. If you could respond it'd be awesome :PIC [Location: 1-9. Identity: Captain]"Excellent; I believe this alliance is now official. We simply must issue formal statements to our respective peoples and the alliance will be formalized." The captain stood. "It is a great day indeed. I must return to my ship and contact my government via our FTL communications; my officer tells me they wish to speak to me regarding a race next to us. I hope that this day will not be tainted by the blood of war, but I know this alliance faces it soon." Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: Erm...One seven is over by Koth and Veeci. I'm clear on the opposite side of the sector in 1-17 or 1-27 as my closest colonies. Besides, you'd either need to pass my scout ship in 1-16 or go through Sanshoran space to get to me.IC: The Slave to Wisdom's computers recieved the message from the Kalarii traffic officer and began cranking the translation program they had put together. Soon, they had a reply to send.The Kalarii controller recieved a synthesized message in return, not backed by the cello voice of a live Oasliel."Greetings, Kalarii." It declared. "We are the Osalieli and [unstranslated phrase]. Please respond.":w:

OOCI am so derp; my apologies for being typo-prone. But here's the original post; I did say 1-17, but I guess if you're in sixteen, I'll edit it, saying that they detected your scout.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC: The Mother of Invention's Captain was somewhat less surprised when the sensor officer detected a ship jumping into the system. Dutifully, the civilian ship jumped out of the system. A half an hour later, two larger vessels jumped in and took the place of the Mother of Invention, staying silent and watching the intruder for suspicious moves. Their translation program did not work without fodder to chew, and so Osalieli protocol was to let the other side make the first move.:w:

OOC...Without fodder to chew? I gave you a complete dictionary and grammar structure. What more do you need?

voidstars.png

OOC: What happened to universal translators that work because shut up?They work. It's like the TARDIS, except we don't have to explain any part of how it works, because shut up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCAt least I try justifying mine; superintelligent AI that can translate languages if given the proper basis to work off of.Because I don't like 'it works because I say so' tech unless absolutely needed, like FTL.

voidstars.png

OOC: Ah, missed that. My apologies.@ TSOT: I'm going for hard science. :P As for easy comms, once one of the languages is understood by both sides it's not terribly hard to communicate.IC: The frigate Shield of Baross sent a hail to the alien vessel: "We are the Osalieli Imperium. The Captain of this vessel has been granted ambassadorial powers to negotiate with the Natsirt Confederation. For your convenience, we will converse in your language.":w:

IC [Location: 1-16. Identity: Captain Dracip]Captain Dracip sat in his chair, musing on what to say for a moment, activating the FTL bouncer to send the signal back to Citamgine."This is Captain Dracip; the Confederation wishes to extend an offer of peace. Our homeworld is on the other side of the sector, but one day we will extend our influence here and we wish to be prepared for that day. If we could go to a planet where we could dock and discuss the possibility of a treaty further, it would be appreciated."

voidstars.png

IC(2-35): "We query the terms of a defensive pact. What if you are attacked in retaliation for something you did? We do not wish to be drawn into pointless conflict."IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): The Alizarin floated contentedly in their new tank, still able to communicate with the Diemawr thanks to small exskeletal structures around their bodies, primitive versions of their exploration suits. The Diemawr were quite friendly. If only all their alliances could be like thisOOC: so that answers ToA and Shadows, Veeci hasn't replied yet, don't think I need to respond to anyone else

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The synthesized voice responded. "This is Captain Julius Renatus. I see no reason for us to bring you to one of our worlds. There would be no benefit in doing so to us. Your proposition that you intend to extend your influence into our space makes us wary. I have decided that we will conduct our negotiations in what is, for now, neutral territory.":w:

IC [Location: 1-17. Identity: Captain Dracip]"Very well." The captain wasn't too pleased, but when he received orders from Citamgine, he know he had better hide it. "The Confederation is now part of an interstellar alliance, the Trilateral Alliance of Planets. According to our star charts you are extremely close to one of our members, the Therians. My government wishes to negotiate a... neutral zone, so that our allies will not be trapped."

voidstars.png

OOC: Frag. The Alex-described "proud warrior guys" are somehow still managing to be the designated good guys, mainly because they're really chilled out when nothing's going on to make them get all weirded out about their neighbors.IC(Diemwnt-Drwg): A signal came in to the Alizarin in their tank from the group of engineers."The adapter is finished. In retrospect, the design is simple - it relies on the photoelectric effect for transfer between your computer systems and ours. We are ready for the data trade."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: You mean I'm the "bad guys" here? As far as I can tell, there's no good guys or bad guys yet. Heck, even the Syrrinx haven't genocided anyone yet. The only ones who area really "bad guys" are the guys who have everyone on their entire planet (plus their moon) worshiping them as gods. The Osalieli are just paranoid and have no reason to trust these dudes who show up out of nowhere and say "hey, our friends are near here, let's set up a neutral zone." I'd be wondering "So why aren't your friends talking to me, and how do I even know they exist?" :P:w:

OOC: No really designated bad guys yet, though I can see a few groups likely to enter that territory.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Oh, of course not, replied the Proctor. Simple terms- If we attack another nation and start a war, you would not be obligated to assist us. However, if either of us is attacked ourselves without provocation, we would defend each other. Is that satisfactory?OOC: Alex, can you show me that IC?IC: In 2-33, the colonization was going as planned. The ship had extended its arms over the world, smaller ships moving from the surface to orbit. While the new world, christened Tonn Croa, or "New Croa", after the moist, swampy region on Bivalvi which it resembled, had quite hostile life, the Bivali settlers were well equipped to handle it. A city was established, becoming the center of the planet's activity, while locations for additional settlements were scouted.In all, Tonn Croa was on its way to becoming a great asset to Treanu.OOC: So I'm the bad guys now? :P

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCI can't take credit for the 'proud warrior guys' thing; that is Xom's designation, coming from TV Tropes. As for you ToA, the post you seek is here.As for designated bad guys, mine might count in the future. Maybe.IC [Location: 1-17. Identity: Captain Dracip]"Of course; we can understand your suspicions. We will send a transmission to our allies and request they send a ship to back up our claims." The captain looked at the latest message from the Council; not good. They were beginning to doubt the wisdom of this endeavor.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: Wait, who's enslaving what where?

OOCToA's jellyfish race enslaved the other three/four native sentient species on his homeworld, something that is NOT making him look good, and is probably going get him in a war with me if Xom doesn't cream him first.Because the Natsirt believe in freedom, even if they are not the ones suffering. Some weird thing called 'honor' and 'pride' and 'go help out the abused,'

voidstars.png

OOC: Well, I don't know how abused the subservient races are. They just happen to believe in the godhood of another race - they still appear to be treated kindly by their "gods".And yes, I am familiar with the PWG Trope - the only problem is that it doesn't apply very well to the Diemawr.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCStill, having another race believing you are gods is just... lame. And makes you have a power trip. Then one day, someone makes you bleed... and then people see their gods bleed and all **** breaks lose. Look what happened to the Spaniards.

voidstars.png