Your favourite bionicle music?

Its weird, because I've been a fan of bionicle since 2001, read all the books, watched all the movies, played all the games, got the toys of course, but I never have heard of Cryoshell or any of their songs before coming to this forum recently. What were they featured in? Commercials? Most commercials I remember had songs like 'Move along' and such.

Edited by hiddenderek

Its weird, because I've been a fan of bionicle since 2001, read all the books, watched all the movies, played all the games, got the toys of course, but I never have heard of Cryoshell or any of their songs before coming to this forum recently. What were they featured in? Commercials? Most commercials I remember had songs like 'Move along' and such.

Cryoshell's members first assembled in 2007 to do the song for the Barraki commercial (Creeping in my Soul). The three members (at the time) were employees of Advance, so doing a song for one of the brands Advance worked on was a natural fit. Two of the members also released the subsequent promo songs "Face Me" and "Gravity Hurts, and the band formally made their debut as "Cryoshell" in Summer 2008 with the song "Closer to the Truth". They followed that up with "Bye Bye Babylon" the next year. When Bionicle ended, Cryoshell didn't—they released their first, self-titled album, and while their membership changed up a bit (Christine Lorentzen left the band on maternity leave for a few years), the band persisted with a replacement lead singer, occasionally releasing new music (including a new version of Gravity Hurts and a promotional song for Hero Factory, "Break Out").

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryoshell_%28band%29

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Cryoshell's members first assembled in 2007 to do the song for the Barraki commercial (Creeping in my Soul). The three members (at the time) were employees of Advance, so doing a song for one of the brands Advance worked on was a natural fit. Two of the members also released the subsequent promo songs "Face Me" and "Gravity Hurts, and the band formally made their debut as "Cryoshell" in Summer 2008 with the song "Closer to the Truth". They followed that up with "Bye Bye Babylon" the next year. When Bionicle ended, Cryoshell didn't—they released their first, self-titled album, and while their membership changed up a bit (Christine Lorentzen left the band on maternity leave for a few years), the band persisted with a replacement lead singer, occasionally releasing new music (including a new version of Gravity Hurts and a promotional song for Hero Factory, "Break Out").

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryoshell_%28band%29

Ah, that makes sense. I stopped paying attention to Bionicle around 2008 so that explains why I've never heard of them. 

Personally, my favorite music tracks come from BIONICLE: Quest for the Toa and the GameBoy Advance version of  BIONICLE Heroes.

I feel that Quest for the Toa really nails the feel of 2001, with a good mix of wooden instrumentals and some more electronic-centric tracks.

As for the GBA version of Bionicle Heroes, the game's soundtrack in general is just pretty awesome. It's got great sound quality for GBA, and is overall really well-composed. One of my personal favorites from its soundtrack is the Grounded Arena track.

The BIONICLE Music, Creeping in My Soul, Bye Bye Babylon, the movie themes, BIONICLE: The Game's soundtrack... I love a lot of Bionicle's songs.

But my absolute favourite is Gravity Hurts. Absolutely epic - great vocals, awesome instrumental... and I dunno, it's just so motivational and epic. Really fitting for the year it came out in, and a solid song on its own.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

The BIONICLE Music, Creeping in My Soul, Bye Bye Babylon, the movie themes, BIONICLE: The Game's soundtrack... I love a lot of Bionicle's songs.

But my absolute favourite is Gravity Hurts. Absolutely epic - great vocals, awesome instrumental... and I dunno, it's just so motivational and epic. Really fitting for the year it came out in, and a solid song on its own.

-NotS

Me too.

• Upvote 2

cringe

-NotS

Me too.

Same here! :D

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

• 3 weeks later...

1: Creeping in My Soul

2: Crashed

3: Move Along

4: The Bionicle 2015 "Theme" (the music that plays during the character videos)

Also, am I the only person who disliked Hero and Gravity Hurts?

Well, I never liked Hero at all (not even when I first heard it in 2005). But Gravity Hurts is pretty much my favorite Bionicle promotional song.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Move Along (AAR) and Crash (Daughtry) are the only two rock songs that I still listen to that were involved with Bionicle. I liked Gravity Hurts when it came out, but now I don't care too much for it. Creeping in my Soul was probably the best Cryoshell song in Bionicle. I don't listen to that one very much, it I can't deny that it was pretty great. I also really like the music for the Onua and Kopaka levels in the 2003 console game. The 1st 2 movies have a rather awesome scores, but I'd actually lean towards the 2nd movie to have the best one.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Nathan Furst's music. Man, I really do wish that he did the music for TLR...

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Nathan Furst's music. Man, I really do wish that he did the music for TLR...

Furst is love, Furst is life.

Hahaha! Nice one.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

"Gravity Hurts", the movie themes, and the music in the 2015 animations and promos are pretty good. I wish there was a version of the 2015 music without the sound effects (and yes, I know there is a track in the end credits of episode 9, but that's not the only one I'm looking for).

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

"Gravity Hurts", the movie themes, and the music in the 2015 animations and promos are pretty good. I wish there was a version of the 2015 music without the sound effects (and yes, I know there is a track in the end credits of episode 9, but that's not the only one I'm looking for).

My thoughts exactly. The new 2015 track  actually super good. I want an MP3 of it!!

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica