Worst Movie(S) You've Seen

Mr. House

I'm going to have to disagree with you on your choice of the worst Bond film. The worst was in fact Never Say Never Again. Although, I suppose that that can be explained by the fact that it wasn't made by Eon, unlike most of the others...

Well, to be fair, I never watched it cause it was just thunderball and as you said it's not made by eon so I didn't watch it.So I guess I haven't watched all the bond films.
Don't worry. Trust me, you don't need to watch that. :P

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.

Then call rehab.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Blade Runner. What about it struck you as bad? I remember thinking they don't make movies like this anymore. The world building and filming were so lovelying done and so gritty and believable. It lacked the candy coated CGI and need for ACTION that permiates most sci-fi and fantasy today. Not to mention that it was made thirty years ago. The only part that ticked me off was the Hollywood ending tacked on, which aparently wasn't in the directors intention but was forced on because they worried that otherwise it wouldn't sell. (Neither were the voice overs.)I dislike Twilight because of the dangerous precedent it sets and because it is bad writing. (I don't mind the movies so much, but that is probably because the actor who plays Edward has the same attitude toward Twilight as I do. :P) Christopher Paolini is just as bad of a writer, imo, but because he caters to dangerous male fantasies instead of dangerous female ones I have a feeling that he is going to get more approval here.

:kaukau: (before I say anything, I thought I'd throw in that I never looked at Inheritance that way, but that makes a whole lot of sense)What I didn't like about Blade Runner (director's cut, at least, but I can't assume that it's too different from the theatric version other than the ending) was that after the grim sensation going on and on and on it got boring for me. I had trouble liking Deckard and there was nothing about him that motivated me to root for him. Especially since his romance with the female replicant was rather painful to watch, considering that in that movie Harrison Ford looked, dressed, and acted like my father, who was abusive during his marriage with my mother. I know the need for flawed heroes, but it went too far, and my desire to see some revelation to his past never happened.The Replicant anti-heroes were likewise difficult to root for. Even though they had an understandable motivation, there was little about them that made me actually interested in their story. The entire movie was really in the opening text, and the rest was just atmosphere, complete with hard to hear dialogue and all that. It hardly got me involved to think deeply and passionately about the human element and its themes, and there was nothing in there for me to relate to.I like movies that break the traditional balance you expect in a narrative and break all tropes. 2001: A Space Odyssey is far and away one of my favorite sci-fi films. But this one had little to intrigue me. Especially since it advertised on the back cover that it was "action-packed" and "filled with adventure", in wich case it obviously failed to live up to the expectations it was setting.

X-men 3. This movie was unbelivably terrible. Like they took every/onething I liked about X-men and killed them. Except Magneto. The best part of this movie was when it ended.

I have to agree about Spiderman 3, but X-Men 3 was perhaps my favorite so far of the franchise, along with First Class, mainly because the story surrounding Magneto and everyone associated with him was so intriguing. The only thing about the film that I felt was off was Angel, who seemed to be just thrown in there, and even if he had been given a more involving part I think it would have been too much for thet particular narrative.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Kraggh, I would recommend reading the book Blade Runner was based on, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?, if you ever get the chance. I haven't seen the film, but from what I've heard it concentrated more on the visuals rather than the story or characters. The book however is one of my favourites, and it doesn't have the flaws the movie did.Anyway, I seem to have the good fortune of somehow avoiding most movies that are absolutely terrible, but the two worst I've seen would have to be Eragon and Dragonball Evolution. Both are very bad adaptations that completely miss what was appealing about the original, as well as suffering from bad acting and script writing,

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Wow. I'm surprised everyone has mentioned bad or good movies as the worst movies they've ever seen.Anyways, though I haven't seen the whole thing (I've seen enough), I want to say that "The Room" is the worst film I have ever laid my eyes upon. It's so bad, that you have to love it. You do not know bad films until you've seen "The Room".YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

:kaukau: Well, I have seen Battlefield Earth, which was also considered to be among the ranks of The Room as one of the worst films ever. And it is pretty bad. Although I thought it was to the point of being hilarious, and I'd gladly watch it again just to b entertained.Because, you know, why on Earth would I want to be entertained by a movie?Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Apparently, movies are serious business. :P

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Y'all need to stop hating on sharks. Sharks are awesome. It's not their fault that their misrepresented by the movie industry. I watched Deep Blue Sea with spanish dub. I hate dubs, but I have the feeling it would have been just as aweful in English.

What I didn't like about Blade Runner (director's cut, at least, but I can't assume that it's too different from the theatric version other than the ending) was that after the grim sensation going on and on and on it got boring for me. I had trouble liking Deckard and there was nothing about him that motivated me to root for him. Especially since his romance with the female replicant was rather painful to watch, considering that in that movie Harrison Ford looked, dressed, and acted like my father, who was abusive during his marriage with my mother. I know the need for flawed heroes, but it went too far, and my desire to see some revelation to his past never happened.The Replicant anti-heroes were likewise difficult to root for. Even though they had an understandable motivation, there was little about them that made me actually interested in their story. The entire movie was really in the opening text, and the rest was just atmosphere, complete with hard to hear dialogue and all that. It hardly got me involved to think deeply and passionately about the human element and its themes, and there was nothing in there for me to relate to.I like movies that break the traditional balance you expect in a narrative and break all tropes. 2001: A Space Odyssey is far and away one of my favorite sci-fi films. But this one had little to intrigue me. Especially since it advertised on the back cover that it was "action-packed" and "filled with adventure", in wich case it obviously failed to live up to the expectations it was setting.

I flinched at the "romance" too, actually. I thought it was presented in a way that was supposed to suggest that it was wrong, but I can understand that you would dislike it given your personal experience and given that it has the potential to be misunderstood by people. For me, having sympathetic protaganists are less important in movies that in books. But we all have our preferences, and I will respect yours.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Because it's wierd when people's mouths don't match what they're saying. Animation is the only thing I would make an exeption for.

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

Ah, Live action​ dubs, disliking that is understandable. Gor a second I though you were to kind of anime fan person that only watches subtitles and then feels superior about themselves. :PAnd now back to your regular scheduled .bad movie bashing: Pod People, I couldn't even finished this movie it was so horrible, and I was watching the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version.

Anime dubs can be pretty bad. I actually liked the Spanish dub of Naruto far more than the English dub. But it the voices are nice, I don't mind.

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Birdemic: Shock and Terror. You have no idea what a truly horrendous film is until you see - nay, experience this film. It is, without exaggeration, the worst film I have ever seen.And I love it to death.Of course, The Room may come close (glad to see some mentions of it here)...but even then I consider Birdemic the more comically inept film.

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Wow. I'm surprised everyone has mentioned bad or good movies as the worst movies they've ever seen.Anyways, though I haven't seen the whole thing (I've seen enough), I want to say that "The Room" is the worst film I have ever laid my eyes upon. It's so bad, that you have to love it. You do not know bad films until you've seen "The Room".YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

I DID NOT HIT HER. I DID NOT. OH HI MARK.Yeeaahh, it's pretty awful."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

What I didn't like about Blade Runner (director's cut, at least, but I can't assume that it's too different from the theatric version other than the ending) was that after the grim sensation going on and on and on it got boring for me. I had trouble liking Deckard and there was nothing about him that motivated me to root for him. Especially since his romance with the female replicant was rather painful to watch, considering that in that movie Harrison Ford looked, dressed, and acted like my father, who was abusive during his marriage with my mother. I know the need for flawed heroes, but it went too far, and my desire to see some revelation to his past never happened.The Replicant anti-heroes were likewise difficult to root for. Even though they had an understandable motivation, there was little about them that made me actually interested in their story. The entire movie was really in the opening text, and the rest was just atmosphere, complete with hard to hear dialogue and all that. It hardly got me involved to think deeply and passionately about the human element and its themes, and there was nothing in there for me to relate to.

You see Blade Runner is a Noir film. Its dark, gritty and ugly. You're not meant to like anyone or root root for anyone. I very much enjoy this style but its not for everyone. Also give "Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep" a read

Birdemic: Shock and Terror. You have no idea what a truly horrendous film is until you see - nay, experience this film. It is, without exaggeration, the worst film I have ever seen.And I love it to death.Of course, The Room may come close (glad to see some mentions of it here)...but even then I consider Birdemic the more comically inept film.

Gotta agree here. IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING that makes birds explode.- Tilius

I would not go so far as to call it bad, but 2001: A Space Odyssey is currently bizarre

Bizarre? Absolutely.Then again, bizarre ≠ bad. I believe it to be one of the most amazing movies ever created and is definitely one of my most favorite films ever.

Birdemic: Shock and Terror. You have no idea what a truly horrendous film is until you see - nay, experience this film. It is, without exaggeration, the worst film I have ever seen.And I love it to death.

I mentioned this film back on the first page. :PBut really, this movie is bad.Most, if not all, of the movies mentioned here that are labeled 'bad' can't even compare to this. Sure, they may have childish or simple plots with slightly-below-average effects, but at least they had something.Birdemic is bad on every single level imaginable.The difference between Birdemic and something like Twilight is that Twilight has fans that like the series because they believe that it's good while Birdemic has fans because it's so horrendously bad that it becomes a hilarious unintentional comedy despite that it was made to be a romantic thriller.Unlike movies such as Twilight, you will never run into somebody who will honestly say that Birdemic is a good movie by any standards. There is no part of the movie that could ever live up to 'mediocre' at most.It is unequivocally and unanimously bad in every single aspect and that's why it is the worst movie ever created.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

:kaukau: Well, I have seen Battlefield Earth, which was also considered to be among the ranks of The Room as one of the worst films ever. And it is pretty bad. Although I thought it was to the point of being hilarious, and I'd gladly watch it again just to b entertained.Because, you know, why on Earth would I want to be entertained by a movie?Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Which is why I'm somewhat of a Wiseau fan. :P

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Transformers 2 is probably the worst I've seen.I wouldn't say its the very worst in terms of quality, but if you take into account how much money and time was spent on it, for me, it tops the list. :P

One of the leaders for B:NG, so ask me if you have any questions!

^I've heard that. I think it's funny that most of the kids who watched the series hate the movies and most of the adults who supported it kept saying: it's for kids, give it a break!That's going of a certain video rental cite anyway.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

No absolute worst somes to mind, but the pre-Christopher Nolan Batman movies, Spy Kids, and the animated Lord of the Rings were all awful.As for overrated movies A Fish Called Wanda is up there. It just wasn't that funny. For a great classic comedy I'd recommend What's Up, Doc? with Barbara Streisand.Also, I agree with The Change; Twilight wasn't that horibble.

Edited by Toa Erulehto

toa-erulehto-banner-2.jpg

I wish people didn't hate on Skyline so much. I rather enjoyed it, as far as alien invasion movies goes its certainly up there. The ending alone could put it there. That was pretty ballsy. Not to mention the alien designs were just plain cool.Anyway, the worst movie I've ever seen? Macgruber. I can't even bring myself to describe why it was bad.Since my girlfriend is taking me to see The Vow, I might go ahead and add that here in advance. The appeal of tired, rehashed romantic comedies to millions of girls between the ages of 12 and oh who knows when continues to elude me.

Edited by Elephant in the Room

Formerly known as Skrilax - just, so ya know.

sigx1-1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Go Sens Go!