Worst Movie(S) You've Seen

Mr. House

Eragon was an epic fail of a movie. the book was good, but the movie was just awful. it left out or changed so many things from the book, it was hard to watch near the end.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I never thought that Eragon was a bad movie, just a bad movie adaptation. It was a decent B-movie, not grammy worthy, and by no means one of the great fantasy films of our age, but it wasn't terrible. It just sucked at following it's source material, and really chose a bad source to suck following. Popular fantasy books usually have VERY rabid fans (as seen here), and they tend to be really really nitpicky (see: Tom Bombadil). I am a fan of the books, and I didn't like the movie personally, but my dad and sister (who never read the book) both thought it wasn't bad. Not memorable, but not a horrible movie.

I never thought that Eragon was a bad movie, just a bad movie adaptation. It was a decent B-movie, not grammy worthy, and by no means one of the great fantasy films of our age, but it wasn't terrible. It just sucked at following it's source material, and really chose a bad source to suck following. Popular fantasy books usually have VERY rabid fans (as seen here), and they tend to be really really nitpicky (see: Tom Bombadil). I am a fan of the books, and I didn't like the movie personally, but my dad and sister (who never read the book) both thought it wasn't bad. Not memorable, but not a horrible movie.

yeah, some here. it was good the first time i saw the movie, but it was hard to watch after reading the book. it barley followed the book imo. if it had followed the book a lot more it would of been fine.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

@ Grammy Fail/Tony Fail LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.On Topic: Guardians of Ga'hoole. The idea was interesting, but...anticlimactic and poorly executed. Also, Spy Kids. CHEESY AS KARZ...Worse than the bad lines in the Bionicle movies. (I am not in any way saying the Bionicle movies were bad.)

What. Spy Kids was awesome. =D The cheese is the point, you're supposed to revel in it.Or maybe it's just me, but those movies were a part of my childhood. *nostalgia*

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif dmHto.gif GMbsT.gif vobLI.gif 0o6ku.gif JJNox.gif BCQuL.gif FXyU6.gif Y5AOI.gif hH7LQ.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I generally don't hate motion pictures, as hating in this context always sounded silly to me. If I had to name a film that comes the closest to be object of hate on my part, however, I'd surely go with Starship Troopers 2. It was so unpleasant to watch I had to take the DvD out halfway through and return it to the video rent. Just awful.Then I could also mention some of the worse pieces of cinema I've seen: the 2007 Beowulf, the second Alien Vs. Predator flick, Godzilla: Final Wars. These popped in my mind right now, but there's surely more.

Edited by Omega Kardas
kardasbanner.jpg

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
— H.P. Lovecraft —

--->My First Moc: The Water Reptilian Monster Thing!!<---

--->Credit to Zeddy of The Dark Beings shop for the Banner<---

I generally don't hate motion pictures, as hating in this context always sounded silly to me. If I had to name a film that comes the closest to be object of hate on my part, however, I'd surely go with Starship Troopers 2. It was so unpleasant to watch I had to take the DvD out halfway through and return it to the video rent. Just awful.Then I could also mention some of the worse pieces of cinema I've seen: the 2007 Beowulf, the second Alien Vs. Predator flick, Godzilla: Final Wars. These popped in my mind right now, but there's surely more.

Hate? Who said anything about hate?Just because a movie is bad doesn't mean that you mustn't like it. Quality and enjoyment don't always have to be so closely linked together. In fact, some of my favorite movies of all time are just downright awful (Birdemic & Plan 9, in case you were curious).I literally have a collection of 100 B-movies just because I love seeing how downright terrible they can be.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Uhhh. Sorry. I have somehow read the title as 'Titles you hate the most'. Must be the fact I'm used to boards where certain movies are very very hated haha.Haven't seen Birdemic, but Plan 9 from Outer Space is hilarious. I actually thought that if they'd remake it as a dark comedy it'd work wonders.I admittedly am a B-Movie buff myself, so high a five. :P

kardasbanner.jpg

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
— H.P. Lovecraft —

--->My First Moc: The Water Reptilian Monster Thing!!<---

--->Credit to Zeddy of The Dark Beings shop for the Banner<---

Most movies that were made by Asylum.Also one of the worst for me was Eragon. Way to take the book and throw it in the fire. Its like they didn't even read it....Also Green Lantern. Don't get me started on that movie.

"Wait, a hundred ships to one starfighter? It'll be a slaughter!

"That's the spirit!"

No! I mean MY slaughter!"

-Alex and Grig from The Last Starfighter-

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.

What? that movie was hallarious!I agree with Tekulo: Toa of Gales about "Grow Up Timmy Turner!" My little brother watched the whole thing about 5 times, and I had to watch it with him, because he doesn't let me watch what I want, unless I get the T.V. first, plus my dad was gone, so I had to take care of him, even though he's almost 8 yrs. old.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Percy Jackson: absolutely out of book's canons----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

:kaukau: Lol, given your username I at first thought you said "[films by] Peter Jackson". And that would be a really odd statement :P .

No absolute worst somes to mind, but the pre-Christopher Nolan Batman movies, Spy Kids, and the animated Lord of the Rings were all awful.

Actually, I saw several years before the Peter Jackson films came out, and I thought that they were just live-action versions of the more obscure animated films I had watched a long time ago.Back when I was young, I still found them amazing, though. In spite of their quality (which looking back I might not find so good) they still represented an awesome story. It kind of reminds me of The Last Unicorn (although that was an excellent movie in an of itself). Speaking of which, Christopher Lee would love to reprise the role of King Haggard should a live-action adaptation ever be made.

Worst movie I've ever seen was the Star Wars Christmas Special. It was just...just...horrible. A trumpet playing pixie man...half of it being spoken in Wookieese without subtitles...the singing at the end....just all terrible xP

Sometimes I'm actually going to have to see that, just to see what all the talk is about and make my own judgments. Hopefully I'll consider it one of those "so bad it's good" films.

Superman IV

The sad thing is, that movie's on my viewing list. This isn't very reassuring.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Just so you know... Don't link to sites with forums~

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

@ Grammy Fail/Tony Fail LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.On Topic: Guardians of Ga'hoole. The idea was interesting, but...anticlimactic and poorly executed. Also, Spy Kids. CHEESY AS KARZ...Worse than the bad lines in the Bionicle movies. (I am not in any way saying the Bionicle movies were bad.)

Wait... they actually made a Guardians of Ga'hoole movie?WHY WOULD YOU RUIN ONE OF THE ONLY ORIGINAL MODERN WORKS OF FANTASY LIKE THAT GAA KILL IT WITH FIREI can't say about Spy kids, as I don't think I've watched htat movie since I was ..8.. or younger. But I remember liking the movie. IDK.SUPER MARIO BROTHERS, THE MOVIE, WAS AWFUUUUL.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Grammys are for music.

oh...yeahit wasn't tony worthy
pretty sure you mean emmy
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Wait... they actually made a Guardians of Ga'hoole movie?WHY WOULD YOU RUIN ONE OF THE ONLY ORIGINAL MODERN WORKS OF FANTASY LIKE THAT GAA KILL IT WITH FIRE

I assume he's talking about Legend of the Guardians, which came out a year or two ago. I actually really enjoyed it, btw. Thought it was pretty well done.

Wait... they actually made a Guardians of Ga'hoole movie?WHY WOULD YOU RUIN ONE OF THE ONLY ORIGINAL MODERN WORKS OF FANTASY LIKE THAT GAA KILL IT WITH FIREI can't say about Spy kids, as I don't think I've watched htat movie since I was ..8.. or younger. But I remember liking the movie. IDK.SUPER MARIO BROTHERS, THE MOVIE, WAS AWFUUUUL.
Duh! of coarse they made a Gaurdians of Ga'hoole movie!I haven't seen the Ga'hoole movie, but I've heard that it's terrible.the 1st Bourne movie was one that I hated. Superman III was one I didn't like either. Oh, and the 1st Diary of a Wimpy Kid was awful, but the second one was way better than the first.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Grammys are for music.

oh...yeahit wasn't tony worthy
pretty sure you mean emmy
*facepalms*Good grief, have none of you people ever heard of the Oscars? Way to mention every award but the correct one... :rolleyes:~Lord Rahl~
Hath thou ne'er heard o' "sarcasm"? :PAnd I'll go with Golden Globe.That seems right.

Zombienation. It is a movie so devoid of creative spark or joy that it can be held up in court as a method of torture. It is a black pit from which no mirth can escape.Then again, I couldn't even finish Percy Jackson, so that one might be worse. I severely doubt it.

doctor-who-premier.jpg

What's with all the hate on Batman & Robin? I mean, just because it's not realistic like the Nolan films or really dark like the Tim Burton ones, doesn't mean it is that bad. And, if you're going to mention Batman & Robin, you should at least mention Batman Forever, for being at least as cheesy.One of my least favourite movies is Marie Antoinette. It wasn't the acting or things like that, I just couldn't relate at all to the characters.

What's with all the hate on Batman & Robin? I mean, just because it's not realistic like the Nolan films or really dark like the Tim Burton ones, doesn't mean it is that bad. And, if you're going to mention Batman & Robin, you should at least mention Batman Forever, for being at least as cheesy.

I wouldn't say either of them are really great films, but Batman & Robin takes the cake for having all those terrible 'ice' puns.
BZPRPG

I WOULD say Disaster Movie, but I can't decide if it's actually a movie or just a torture device.That being said, the award for worst movie I've seen goes to Baby Geniuses 2. Serioulsy: terrible effects + plotless script + terrible acting + Jon Voight (?!) + The directer being Bob Clark = Something that shouldn't have existed in the first place. The fact it's on IMDB's Bottom 100 doesn't help either.

It's too quiet around here...

Batman and Robin was probably trying to emulate the lighthearted-ness of 60s Batman what with the 'humour', Robin and bizarre fight scenes. The fact that it was leading on from the Tim Burton films and was supposedly in the same universe just completely kills it. 60s Batman was so stupid it's funny, Batman and Robin was just cringe worthy. The film itself didn't seem to be able to decide whether it was trying to be dark or light. Half the scenes are purely ridiculous, like when they surf through the air on those plates of metal or when Batman slides down the spine of that dinosaur, or when Robin reveals that he's wearing rubber lips. Mr. Freeze's puns weren't just unfunny, but didn't make sense either, like "What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!" which is just... Ugh. The casting was terrible. George Clooney as Batman? Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze? No. Just... No.So from the neon design to the overblown script it's become a byword for franchise-killing and bad movie-making.Just search 'Why is Batman and Robin so Bad?' on Google and you will find your answers.