Toy Fair 2016: Star Wars

TF16_Star_Wars_teaser.jpg

You asked for it and now you've got it. The next theme we're looking at from Toy Fair 2016 is going to be Star Wars. As one of the most popular LEGO themes, and with all sorts of new movies and TV shows coming around, there's more material than ever to draw on for sets. To see what you can expect over the next few months from a galaxy far, far away, read on!

View the full article

The reason that the Rebel and Imperial sets look a bit different from what appeared in the movies is that it is based on the new Star Wars Battlefront game. I don't like the game much, but it is nice to get some variety in my Lego Imperial and Rebel armies.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

The reason that the Rebel and Imperial sets look a bit different from what appeared in the movies is that it is based on the new Star Wars Battlefront game. I don't like the game much, but it is nice to get some variety in my Lego Imperial and Rebel armies.

I read the article, and just knew somebody was going to point out Battlefront :)

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

You telling me there's a double vehicle pack? Interceptor vs A-wing?! And a NEW turbo tank! 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

20 years of Lego Star Wars is a sight to behold.  It's gone from awkward Technic mash ups to so real you could make the jump to light speed accurate. Here are my impressions.

Microfighters: Great way to pick up some minifigs.  I feel sorry for the Lego artists who made such accurate ships on the micro scale and see them largely ignored. Better luck with Lego Dimensions.

Movie sets: Ugh. I have never Lego's target demo for these sets. Unfortunately, the Force Awakens doesn't spend a whole lot of time in any local for me to want to see it in set form. Jakku is a cantina-less Tatooine. The original trilogy doesn't far much better. /sarcasm Oh boy, a Hoth playset! /sarcasm. Rebels/The Clone Wars is the best of the bunch because the TV shows spends time developing the worlds and the characters who in habit them.

Star Wars Bionicle: Haven't bought one yet, but got one as a gift.  I like the accuracy, but they need an action element. Right now, I'm not pay twice as much for a posable action figure as I can for a Toa with gear action and cooler weapons/tools.  

Tahu's Sword of Fire > Kylo Ren's snazzy lightsaber.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Star Wars Bionicle: Haven't bought one yet, but got one as a gift.  I like the accuracy, but they need an action element. Right now, I'm not pay twice as much for a posable action figure as I can for a Toa with gear action and cooler weapons/tools.  

Tahu's Sword of Fire > Kylo Ren's snazzy lightsaber.

You haven't been paying to reviews of this year's sets, then. All of this year's figures (based on The Force Awakens) include firing blasters, gear function arms, or in Finn's case, both. The ones with gear functions also feature snazzy new torso beams and back armor pieces designed to accommodate and cover the 2015 gearbox, respectively.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother