BZPGOT: Lore & Histories: Review

Voltex

Wait, ToaTimeLord didn't just intend to side with Voxumo, he intended to to take over Okoto? Explains a lot, except he imprisoned the worst possible people to imprison given what then happened to him.

\/ this

Wait, ToaTimeLord didn't just intend to side with Voxumo, he intended to to take over Okoto? Explains a lot, except he imprisoned the worst possible people to imprison given what then happened to him.

My character was hoping siding with the Voxumo would give him the chance to stab him in the back letting him take over.

It didn't work all to well.

He then became a grumpy ghost because he got my head bashed in.

I plan making TTL2 into a character who saw his fathers flaws and strives not to fit into the mold his father wanted him to be.

/\ that

Welp, I've taken this opportunity to add my kills to my sig, like everyone else has done.

Edit: By the way, is there a Skull Warrior sprite? I did technically kill or was responsible for the deaths of at least 4 of those?

- :burnmad:

Ouch, that banner tho

*looks at Burnman's banner*

disgusted-mother-of-god-l.png

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

You know, perhaps we should just do away with the whole Mask Maker system altogether.

Rather than having one ineffectual ruler trying to micromanage the entirety of Okoto, maybe we should step back, and let the regions focus on sorting themselves out under their own rulers.

It seems like a lot of Okoto's difficulties over the years have been due to the actions - direct or indirect - of Mask Makers. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You know, perhaps we should just do away with the whole Mask Maker system altogether.

Rather than having one ineffectual ruler trying to micromanage the entirety of Okoto, maybe we should step back, and let the regions focus on sorting themselves out under their own rulers.

It seems like a lot of Okoto's difficulties over the years have been due to the actions - direct or indirect - of Mask Makers. 

Power corrupts.

Your suggestion is smart, though. I'm sure the Skull Grinder, who currently rules the Earth Region, would heartily agree with you.

Well, I'm glad he and I will have something we can agree on... before the inevitable war between us. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It be hilarious when Ekimu is revived and we all just say "Mask Makers were so last season. Skull warriors and Makuta's heir our the new trend now."

...wouldn't Makuta's Heir be a Mask Maker?

I think he or she probably wouldn't want the Mask Makers to go away. They might object to those that share the blood of a mask maker, however. And the Knights, and the Skulls, who, from my point of view, have effectively played a game (of thrones?) with the Mask Maker and Okoto in the middle. It was the Skulls that corrupted Voxumo, Trijhak, and several of their predecessors, it was the Knights that supported several rebellions and uprisings. Okoto, divided over and over, again and again, while two entities fight an eternal battle in the background ever since the Long Night.

Rather than the influence of the actions of Mask Makers, I would say that it's actually due to the lack of Mask Makers. There was a council when Ekimu was alive. One Mask Maker did not have to try and manage/rule an entire island. It slowly dwindled until it was just Ekimu and Makuta, and that's when things really started accelerating past the speed of 'things are getting really bad'. It's harder to take advantage of several Mask Makers than one alone. (And more masks can be made. Masks are very useful things.)

If there was a modern council, would Trijhak be allowed to go as far as he did before getting disgraced? Would there be reason to rebel against Voxumo? Perhaps the idea that there only needs to be one Mask Maker is flawed. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

It be hilarious when Ekimu is revived and we all just say "Mask Makers were so last season. Skull warriors and Makuta's heir our the new trend now."

...wouldn't Makuta's Heir be a Mask Maker?

I think he or she probably wouldn't want the Mask Makers to go away. They might object to those that share the blood of a mask maker, however. And the Knights, and the Skulls, who, from my point of view, have effectively played a game (of thrones?) with the Mask Maker and Okoto in the middle. It was the Skulls that corrupted Voxumo, Trijhak, and several of their predecessors, it was the Knights that supported several rebellions and uprisings. Okoto, divided over and over, again and again, while two entities fight an eternal battle in the background ever since the Long Night.

Rather than the influence of the actions of Mask Makers, I would say that it's actually due to the lack of Mask Makers. There was a council when Ekimu was alive. One Mask Maker did not have to try and manage/rule an entire island. It slowly dwindled until it was just Ekimu and Makuta, and that's when things really started accelerating past the speed of 'things are getting really bad'. It's harder to take advantage of several Mask Makers than one alone. (And more masks can be made. Masks are very useful things.)

If there was a modern council, would Trijhak be allowed to go as far as he did before getting disgraced? Would there be reason to rebel against Voxumo? Perhaps the idea that there only needs to be one Mask Maker is flawed. 

Pulse's response to TL is mine. Any heirs of Makuta would also technically be Mask Makers. =P

Though proving themselves to be a true heir of Makuta would be kinda tough, seeing as none have stepped forward in the over 300 years since he died. shrug.jpg_thumb.jpg

A Council of Mask Makers is a great thing when you have a large number of Mask Makers-- a dozen or more, preferably.

A Council of Mask Makers when you probably only have 3, maybe 4 possible beings with pure enough blood, tops, is a recipe for backstabbing and treachery.

Edit: Additionally, even if there were a large number of other pure-blooded beings on Okoto-- how would you transition? Send out a message across the land, "Hello, could everyone who is capable of overthrowing my rule please identify themselves to me?" Good luck with that!

Edit #2: Also, while we're on the subject of Mask Makers-- will we, at some point, get enough information to compile a list of them and their known descendants?

Edited by Shadow Burnmad

A Council of Mask Makers is a great thing when you have a large number of Mask Makers-- a dozen or more, preferably.

A Council of Mask Makers when you probably only have 3, maybe 4 possible beings with pure enough blood, tops, is a recipe for backstabbing and treachery.

Edit: Additionally, even if there were a large number of other pure-blooded beings on Okoto-- how would you transition? Send out a message across the land, "Hello, could everyone who is capable of overthrowing my rule please identify themselves to me?" Good luck with that!

Edit #2: Also, while we're on the subject of Mask Makers-- will we, at some point, get enough information to compile a list of them and their known descendants?

Possibly with the Mask Maker chapter?

There are a few in the Ice Region (such as Nato) who are descended from House Gelu/the Mask Maker Nuju.

There used to be lots in the Water Region descended from both Vatten and Ekimu in House Vatten; there might be a few others unaware of their ancestry throughout the region.

Obviously at some point, someone in House Ash in the Fire Region got together with a Mask Maker because Voxumo had the blood, but it's an extremely large house and nobody else has displayed the talent for crafting Masks of Power since Voxumo was discovered, so it's hard to say.

There was at least one King from the Stone Region after the Long Night, but none since from the region have shown the talent.

No Protector from Earth or Jungle has ever displayed the ability to craft Masks of Power, though members of House Hinterland have claimed to be descended from Makuta on numerous occasions (though with nothing to back it up).

Edited by Stark

The Jungle house Hinterland was founded with the help of a Mask Maker and their is a rumor Lady Tamaru "might" have had an son with Makuta.

Since the Hinterland house revealed they got the Mask of Control mysteriously before the time she reveals the child.

So there is a good chance there is mask maker blood in the Jungle region at least.

If it's Makuta's blood line that might be possible but most likely not.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

The Jungle Region also literally kidnapped Matau and tortured him for a year before murdering him, so

their relationship with the Mask Makers is clearly complicated.

Well the past is the past.

I support the concept of a modern council of Mask Makers. It would ease tension in the regions and allow for different opinions to be expressed without the needless bloodshed of war.

We would have to hunt down all possible mask makers and test them by having them try and make a great mask of power.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

The Jungle Region also literally kidnapped Matau and tortured him for a year before murdering him, so

I support the concept of a modern council of Mask Makers. It would ease tension in the regions and allow for different opinions to be expressed without the needless bloodshed of war.

We would have to hunt down all possible mask makers and test them by having them try and make a great mask of power.

Don't worry, I have a great many plans for shaking up the political landscape of Okoto :evilgrin:

• Upvote 3

Don't worry, I have a great many plans for shaking up the political landscape of Okoto :evilgrin:

That :evilgrin: scares me.

Care to explain?

Care to explain?

Not at all!

Care to explain?

Not at all!

That might be more terrifying.

Care to explain?

Not at all!

That might be more terrifying.

1. It's not. Nothing is.

2. If you thought he would elaborate, you will probably be among the first to go

Edited by Shadow Burnmad
  • Upvote 1

*waits not so patiently for season 2*

*waits slightly more patiently after always being told in mafia I'm impatient* (=P)

But yeah I am really excited for this game. I'm just worried about the fact I'm going to be very busy in part of April and how that can screw up my playing maybe.

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

And I've got cool leg, so I'm supportive of rounds being as long as possible BTW

I support longer rounds also. But does "got cool leg" mean.

Is this some slang the kids are saying nowadays.

(Oh my god I do ask a lot of questions.)

...though members of House Hinterland have claimed to be descended from Makuta on numerous occasions (though with nothing to back it up).

Ah, another item to add to my list of reasons not to trust anyone from the Jungle Region. 

Question: would anyone have any objections if I decided to preemptively execute any representatives of the Jungle Region who approach me unannounced? That might sound a tad paranoid, but I did bash their last king's head in with a rock.

If they would even approach you, but then again, killing their King is basically nothing to burning two thirds of their region and conquering the rest, and they still approach the one who did that... though, they have no choice in the matter, do they? 

Of all the people they are likely to approach, I would guess most from the Stone Region, and most from the Earth Region. Their opinion of the other regions can't exactly be that high, since we're all in some way connected to what happened to them. 

But it's not exactly like I can afford to be antagonistic towards the Jungle Region with Lewa around. Not that I intended to do so, since they have plenty of reasons to hate me already. 

At worst, Nato and Terrorsaur were only ever suspected of killing TimeLord; with no actual witnesses beyond the accused available, so long as neither ever confesses, there could very well be many Jungle Protectors who believe that their old Ruler died entirely by accident.

Well, he did decide to wander off into the dark, dangerous jungle with only two guards, and no Mask of Control...

Well, he did decide to wander off into the dark, dangerous jungle with only two guards, and no Mask of Control...

My father knew he would most likely die in that journey and thought it best to leave the Mask of Control in a safe place instead of letting you have a chance of stealing it off his dead body.

At worst, Nato and Terrorsaur were only ever suspected of killing TimeLord; with no actual witnesses beyond the accused available, so long as neither ever confesses, there could very well be many Jungle Protectors who believe that their old Ruler died entirely by accident.

Didn't you create a character named Chad or something who was a jungle protector who found the decomposing body?

I remember someone finding it and reporting what they found at the trial in the Mask Maker City.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

My father knew he would most likely die in that journey and thought it best to leave the Mask of Control in a safe place instead of letting you have a chance of stealing it off his dead body.

Didn't you create a character named Chad or something who was a jungle protector who found the decomposing body?

I remember someone finding it and reporting what they found at the trial in the Mask Maker City.

yeah but Chad bit the dust almost immediately

poor Chad

• Upvote 2

...though members of House Hinterland have claimed to be descended from Makuta on numerous occasions (though with nothing to back it up).

Ah, another item to add to my list of reasons not to trust anyone from the Jungle Region.

Question: would anyone have any objections if I decided to preemptively execute any representatives of the Jungle Region who approach me unannounced? That might sound a tad paranoid, but I did bash their last king's head in with a rock.

Makuta was a good mask maker who only wanted to help the people of Okoto.

Yes he created a mask that turned him into a giant evil tyrant but before that swell guy.

Also I object to you killing Jungle born citizens of the fire empire.

I assumed the reason the Hinterland house stayed in power for over 300 years was because of this claim.

It would explain why such a small house is in charge.

I took it a different route; where they mostly maintained power because they allowed the other major houses of the Jungle Region to remain mostly independent and worry about themselves. Makes them unique compared to a region like Ice (where the ruling house is always changing due to some conflict or another) or Fire (where Aodh rules with an iron fist) or Water (where Vatten effectively coasted by on general loyalty to the Mask Makers, in particular from Rayne) or Stone (where Patrus ruled on the basis of a strong, orderly foundation for years).

With no proper region to rule now, it makes one wonder what Hinterland will do in the future. I don't want to offend Lord Burnmad, but I don't want to offend the (former) Jungle Region, either. Perhaps ToaTimeLord's son should see if the claims about being descended from Makuta are true, and then we might have another person with Mask Maker blood about. Even if it may be unlikely. 

Reminds me. Lord Nato of the Knights of Ekimu seems to think many of Okoto's problems stem from Mask Makers. 

...which seems kind of hypocritical, come to think of it. An individual with the blood of the Mask Makers, advocating for a group founded by a Mask Maker. Of course, I'm very biased.

Edited by Trijhak

With no proper region to rule now, it makes one wonder what Hinterland will do in the future. I don't want to offend Lord Burnmad, but I don't want to offend the (former) Jungle Region, either. Perhaps ToaTimeLord's son should see if the claims about being descended from Makuta are true, and then we might have another person with Mask Maker blood about. Even if it may be unlikely. 

Reminds me. Lord Nato of the Knights of Ekimu seems to think many of Okoto's problems stem from Mask Makers. 

...which seems kind of hypocritical, come to think of it. An individual with the blood of the Mask Makers, advocating for a group founded by a Mask Maker. Of course, I'm very biased.

the Fire/Jungle Region is a pot set to boil, and sooner or later, that water is gonna overflow.

But right now, Hinterland is essentially in the same position as Vatten - a name that undoubtedly commands respect throughout most of its region, with a voice that many would likely acknowledge, if not outright follow; though, at the same time, a house too weak to do much else other than speak its opinions.

Of course, in this scenario Vatten has the advantage of Rayne, who are still loyal to a somewhat frightening degree; while Jungle might still hold that loyalty to Hinterland, the fact remains that the actions of Hinterland and its chosen successors led directly to the destruction and conquering of the region, so... who knows.

Lord Nato of the Knights of Ekimu

The Knights may have their faults, but at least they're not pure evil undead skeleton creatures that want to kill me then resurrect me to fight for them as cannon fodder in their zombie army. 

...I think you misinterpret that. I'm not exactly antagonistic towards the Knights. I'm less inclined towards the Faith and more towards the Knights, but I can't exactly throw my weight behind either of you without massive consequences for all of Okoto. And, given what Kulta apparently thinks of the Mask Makers, that probably has no small part in my inclinations.