BZPGOT: Lore & Histories: Review

Voltex

I would like the Jungle region's words.

They have more power to them.

My Dark green mask and those words togther.

That be one cool image.

I'll design it for the Jungle Region then.

It'll be done in a little bit.

If anyone else would also like one just say so.

-

Here we go:

region_-_jungle.jpg

I'll probably end up making one for each region and using them for the regional S2 pms tbh

• Upvote 3

I was joking about the black ball-- the idea was that a conqueror wouldn't want their vassals to go around sporting a banner reading "Ours is the Fury", see?

But I do like the idea of banners for all regions tho, so un-black ball

- :burnmad:

I was joking about the black ball-- the idea was that a conqueror wouldn't want their vassals to go around sporting a banner reading "Ours is the Fury", see?

But I do like the idea of banners for all regions tho, so un-black ball

it'll give me something to show you all in 2 weeks when I have inevitably failed to complete the next chapter in a timely fashion

Thank you very much.

:)

no problem!

• Upvote 3

Not quite. 

But soon...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Soon...

I've had an idea for a while now. How does everyone feel about being invited to the Ancient City for an event? Not mandatory, like the Trial, I'm not pulling a Voxumo, and no, there won't be an army of Skull Spiders coming to tear off your face like Voxumo almost considered doing. 

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I think I'll wait until Season 2 actually starts before I go changing my username and banner and whatnot. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I've been building the hype.

I changed my name before everyone and got Breath of Wild to kindly make us banners.

(Thanks again for those banners. They look really cool.)

I can't wait to play this game!

I just hope I get one of the few Jungle protector spots.

Breath of Wild if you post the game Febuary 7th or 8th.

I will be unable to go on the internet due to family reasons.

If in that situation could you hold a spot for me as a jungle protector?

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I think I'll wait until Season 2 actually starts before I go changing my username and banner and whatnot. 

Build the hype! Build the hype! Build the hype!

We're building hype! Spreading the word!

I'm doing as much as I can! aagh.png

I've been building the hype.

I changed my name before everyone and got Breath of Wild to kindly make us banners.

(Thanks again for those banners. They look really cool.)

I can't wait to play this game!

I just hope I get one of the few Jungle protector spots.

Breath of Wild if you post the game Febuary 7th or 8th.

I will be unable to go on the internet due to family reasons.

If in that situation could you hold a spot for me as a jungle protector?

Glad you like the banners!

Don't tell anybody, but I'm thinking the game might be launching February 4th. Sshhh.

• Upvote 4

Because I'm feeling nice, here's a teaser for the next entry:

---

THE BEGINNING OF RECORDED TIME

(The Age of Forgers)

800 BE

The Council of Twelve

Some centuries later, around approximately 800 BE, the exiles had long since both cast aside and forgotten their old name, having taken to calling themselves ‘Mask Makers’ instead. When their home was felled in a natural disaster, they set sail – unknowingly returning to the very island that their ancestors had originally left behind.

They soon took up residence in the center of the island, where a city had been built around the forge, and claimed ruler-ship over the island. Their leaders – the twelve Mask Makers most skilled in the forge – each claimed an area of the island for their own, ruling as their patron Mask Maker.

Krom, Ruler of the Mask Makers, settled as the Patron of the Water Region to the east, though he often traveled to the city (already, even in those days, called the ‘Ancient City’ by the Okotoans) for business or to forge.

Mata, Krom’s second in command, settled as the Patron of the Light Region to the west. Of the Council of Twelve, he alone protested Voltex’s ‘exile’ to the forge under the Ancient City.

Nui, Mata’s sister, settled as the Patron of the Tribe of Time – a small people, who fiercely guarded the mythical Mask of Time and lived within the jungle.

Tren, twin sister of Nyn, settled as the Patron of the Ice Region in the north. It was she who first militarized the region, an action which has had consequences throughout the region’s history – for both good and ill.

Arab settled as the Patron of the Shadow Region to the south, though she would often visit Mata and the Light Region.

Rey settled as the Patron of the Earth Region to the southwest. She helped the region’s people to find some of their most profitable mines – some of which are still in use over a thousand years later.

Karda settled as the Patron of the Jungle Region to the southeast. She would pass on her stubbornness to the region’s people, which has in recent years caused the Jungle Region endless grief.

Hafu settled as the Patron of the Stone Region to the west. He quickly got lost in his work with carving, leaving the people of the region to continue fending for themselves as they had been.

Metru settled as the Patron of the Sky Region, whose people lived in a mythical cloud city above the jungle. It took him nearly a month to build a device that would allow him to make contact with the city, whose people had not seen or spoken to any of the land dwellers below since the Titans had vanished.

Voya settled as the Patron of the Fire Region in the south. Her appetite for battle and conquest still resonates within the region to this day, although like Voya herself, the Fire Region is notorious for winning almost every battle that they enter… because they choose them very carefully.

Nyn was delegated to serving as the Patron of the Ancient City, where the lesser Mask Makers all took up residence, despite her wish to rule over the Water Region.

Voltex, who had managed to anger several of the other Mask Makers in the Council of Twelve, was assigned as the Patron of the Forge as a punishment. He was exiled below the Ancient City, where he took up residence in the forge.

• Upvote 5

Good stuff.

Given the sudden resurgence of the Earth Protectors between seasons, I wonder whether the Sky Region might make a reappearance at some point? =P

No, the only missing element with any hope of returning is Time, due to the nature of how they disappeared (you can probably guess).

Sky... they uh... got burned pretty bad.

• Upvote 3

Good stuff.

Given the sudden resurgence of the Earth Protectors between seasons, I wonder whether the Sky Region might make a reappearance at some point? =P

No, the only missing element with any hope of returning is Time, due to the nature of how they disappeared (you can probably guess).

Ah, man. Don't tell me I wasn't the first Fire Okotan to burn down someone else's region?

Good stuff.

Ah, man. Don't tell me I wasn't the first Fire Okotan to burn down someone else's region?

Seeing as your region burned earth away during the rebellion, someone already did it before you =P

Good stuff.

Seeing as your region burned earth away during the rebellion, someone already did it before you =P

Dang it, Dad.

• Upvote 1

Seems like Fire Okotoans might have a small addiction to burning regions. Or at least the Aodhs have a family history of it. 

First the Sky Region, then the Earth Region, then the Jungle Region

Guessing the Tribe of Time built and lived in the Temple of Time, and got too comfortable with the idea of Time and then they disappeared. If their disappearance was even involuntary.

A tribe of time who lived in the Jungle region.....

Explains where the temple came from and maybe where my name originated from in game.

It could be possible that the Hinterlands wanted the temple and simply took it.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I'm 5000 words into this next chapter and haven't even hit Ekimu's birth, so I might end up splitting it in two. :P

In the meantime, here's another teaser:

---

499 BE – 360 BE

Tragedies and the Noble Six

In 499 BE, Johmak vanished while exploring in the Water Region. Search parties led by several of the other Mask Makers searched for months until her body was finally found, trapped underneath a waterfall. Her death was a tragedy that, unbeknownst to everyone at the time, signalled the beginning of the end for the Age of Forgers.

The following year, both Krom and Odina perished in the forge, when an attempt to forge a new Mask of Time went horribly wrong. Their deaths struck at both Hafu and Voya particularly hard, as they were now the last of the Council of Twelve still on Okoto. While Voya dealt with her grief by retreating deep into the Fire Region, Hafu became obsessed with the idea of setting sail once more for a new homeland, believing that Okoto had brought their people only grief and despair.

Tragedy struck once more in 460 BE, when Axonn died giving birth to her and Brutaka’s daughter, Kratana – beginning the third generation of ruling Mask Makers on Okoto, known as the ‘Noble Six’ for their contributions to the island, although there were actually seven Mask Makers born during this period.

• Upvote 4

So many Gen1 names. I love it. 

lh_08_legends_1.jpg

Wisdom,

Power,

Courage,

Unity,

Duty,

Destiny.

---

This is Part 1 of the final chapter! It goes through the history of the Mask Makers from their very beginnings right up until the beginning of the Long Night.

Part 2 will deal with the Long Night and everything that has followed; I'm anticipating that it will be shorter, but this part was already nearing 7000 words on its own, and BZP only allows for posts so big, so here we are.

Season 2 launches February 4th.

Part 2 of Legends, Forgers, Kings will be released before then.

• Upvote 2

Another interesting chapter-reminds me of Greek mythology in some ways.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I have no idea what to do with 90% of the information that chapter provided, but it was fascinating nonetheless. 

Another interesting chapter-reminds me of Greek mythology in some ways.

Glad you enjoyed it! The six Titans are meant to kinda be Okoto's equivalent to the gods of ancient mythologies, so I'm not surprised that you were reminded of an ancient mythology :P

I have no idea what to do with 90% of the information that chapter provided, but it was fascinating nonetheless.

A lot of this chapter is setting up stuFF for Season 2 - most of it optional, since the players could get wrapped up in politics and war.

Some of it is also there so that I have some extra tools to work with, should a Season 3 happen down the line.

• Upvote 1

This is all very interesting. Umarak and Eankbut, the Lord of Skull Spiders, could still be around. Presuming they weren't killed by Kulta or other forces at some point. That the Toa are the creation of Angonce is also interesting. 

That superweapon of the Tribe of Time wouldn't happen to be the Temple of Time, would it? Them ever reappearing suddenly got a lot more concerning if it is, because it means the Temple of Time can incinerate entire regions.

So much information, and yet almost nobody currently alive on Okoto knows it. Maybe it's not just the Earth Region that has no idea. It's all of us. 

I'm guessing that the information in this chapter - along with possible answers to some of the questions it raises - would be among the kinds of stuff the Turaga roles might uncover during their explorations during Season 2. 

Sounds like that, at some point, at least one Turaga will find something they shouldn't have. 

"Hey, Lord [Ruler of Region], I discovered this 'titan' named 'Umarak' and he says he hunts Kulta"

"Are you sure, Turaga [Name]?"

"I am. Come with me, I can show you them."

Later

"This 'Umarak' seems... awfully aggressive..."

"Uhhh.... I swear he wasn't like this before..."

(Umarak the Destroyer dismembers the Ruler while the Turaga runs off)

Edited by Mask Maker Pulse Vatten

This is all very interesting. Umarak and Eankbut, the Lord of Skull Spiders, could still be around. Presuming they weren't killed by Kulta or other forces at some point. That the Toa are the creation of Angonce is also interesting. 

That superweapon of the Tribe of Time wouldn't happen to be the Temple of Time, would it? Them ever reappearing suddenly got a lot more concerning if it is, because it means the Temple of Time can incinerate entire regions.

So much information, and yet almost nobody currently alive on Okoto knows it. Maybe it's not just the Earth Region that has no idea. It's all of us. 

The superweapon is the Temple of Time, yes.

I'm guessing that the information in this chapter - along with possible answers to some of the questions it raises - would be among the kinds of stuff the Turaga roles might uncover during their explorations during Season 2. 

It's quite possible.

• Upvote 2

Suddenly, it becomes a lot more clear why Pulse has the Mask of Time locked up in a vault even after summoning the Toa. If he even knows. Still a good thing that it's locked up.

Suddenly, it becomes a lot more clear why Pulse has the Mask of Time locked up in a vault even after summoning the Toa. If he even knows. Still a good thing that it's locked up.

He doesn't know.

All that modern Okotoans know is that what they call the Temple of Time appears to lack any true anchor in time itself, and floats throughout history.

• Upvote 1

Wait, that was stupid of me, sorry. The Temple of Time, even before we knew its origins, was dangerous because of its time-floating and the Mask of Time was the only thing that seemed to (unreliably) call it to present day. Locking up the Mask of Time makes sense, that's the kind of thing a lot of people would love to misuse. In the past, present, and future. Especially to fulfill certain goals. 

Until it collapses, but that doesn't stop it from showing up because of its nature. Could have already collapsed, for all we know.