Jung & Personality Types

Transcendence

Maybe some of you are familiar with the MBTI types, but most of you probably aren't familiar with it. The MBTI seeks to define what a person's personality type is in an objective way. There are 16 different types, and no type is better than another type. To take the test, follow the link provided: http://humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm Please answer as honestly as possible. If you experience trouble choosing one of the alternative answers, just pick the alternative you agree with the most. At the end of the test, you will get four letters. Make note of the four letters and remember them. Then follow this link to read about your type: http://typelogic.com/ To further discover aspects of your type or others', check out the two the links below: Site with forums removed. -B6 http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.htmlNow, let's discuss!

Edited by Black Six

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

INFP.Strengths leaning towards Introversion and Intuition. Top careers for me include Humanities, Literature/Writing, Web Design, and Religious Education."You are:

• [*]
very expressed introvert[*]distinctively expressed intuitive personality[*]moderately expressed feeling personality[*]slightly expressed perceiving personality"

and I apparently never lose my sense of wonder. Well there.

I took it thrice, and it swings to INTP or ENTP for me. But both introvert and extravert aspects in all 3 results are only very slightly expressed.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

well i took the test and it says that i'm a INTJthey say INTJs generally have the following traits:Able to absorb extremely complex theoretical and complex materialDriven to create order and structure from theoretical abstractionsSupreme strategistsFuture-orientedSee the global, "big picture"Strong insights and intuitions, which they trust implicitlyValue their own opinions over othersLove difficult theoretical challengesBored when dealing with mundane routineValue knowledge and efficiencyHave no patience with inefficiency and confusionHave very high standards for performance, which they apply to themselves most stronglyReserved and detached from othersCalm, collected and analyticalExtremely logical and rationalOriginal and independentNatural leaders, but will follow those they can fully supportCreative, ingenious, innovative, and resourcefulWork best alone, and prefer to work aloneAnd i must say that this analysis is pretty dead on. I also look at this and think that Kopaka would fit this category as well

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I am an INTJI am a:

• [*]moderately expressed introvert[*]moderately expressed intuitive personality[*]moderately expressed thinking personality[*]moderately expressed judging personality

Yep, I'm a well-rounded person, all right. :POh, so apparantly I'm a rare type... apparantly not, since the two people that posted before I did got the same one. :PWow, the description is scary... I think it got me pretty much right, except I don't have very much self-esteem. Never have. :P

Edited by Zorrakh

I'm an ENFP.

ENFPs are introspective, values-oriented, inspiring, social and extremely expressive. They actively send their thoughts and ideas out into the world as a way to bring attention to what they feel to be important, which often has to do with ethics and current events. ENFPs are natural advocates, attracting people to themselves and their cause with excellent people skills, warmth, energy and positivity. ENFPs are described as creative, resourceful, assertive, spontaneous, life-loving, charismatic, passionate and experimental.

In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Playing musical instrument," "Listening to music," "Reading"

I love all those things.

My best friend is an INTJ, and I can say with full honesty that she is probably one of the smartest people I'll ever run into. Even though IQ's only mathematical and logical intelligence, she scored well over 147 on an IQ test her psychologist gave her in early 7th grade. Taking into consideration that her intellect must have developed further since then, this easily ranks her among the 9% of the smartest people in the entire world. As for me, I'm an ENFJ. I originally thought I was an ENTJ for a long time, but it seems I'm just a very emotionally stable and very cynical ENFJ. For those of us who don't know what ENFJs' skillset includes, well, people. They are the most introverted extroverts, and they're just extremely charismatic, driven to lead people (instead of projects, like the ENTJ) and help them. They usually become psychologists or something else, as long as it includes working with people. What makes me so different is that I'm a big mix of ENTJ and ENFJ. Rational and intelligent + Charismatic and introspective = ME

Wow, all you INTJ's and I'm an ISTP. You are:

• [*]moderately expressed introvert[*]slightly expressed sensing personality[*]moderately expressed thinking personality[*]moderately expressed perceiving personality

Unsure if I agree with everything but it seems pretty much alright.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Note this however, INTJs are the rarest kind out there. A lot of great minds have been INTJs. But it is important to note that INTJs have a tendency to struggle with people. Countless INTJs have Aspergers, social anxiety (my friend for example), depression (another INTJ friend of mine) and all sorts of stuff. I'm not even wildly guessing when I assume a lot of them probably have some degree of OCD. They are brilliant with puzzles, not with the real world.

INTJ, 78-75-25-22. The only one I disagree with is the "moderately" on the T, but hey, you can't expect a test with that few questions to be 100% right, just somewhere in the right ballpark.Not at all surprised that C. G. Jung was in this category, considering what he did. You kind of have to be a very specific sort of mad to found the field of analytical psychology.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

That's rather similar to how I view a lot of people who diagnosed themselves with Asperger's Syndrome. It makes them feel cool and unique, when in fact they aren't precisely a snowflake.Really, though, I tend to deal with groups of four or fewer people at a time, tend to be rather unemotional, and prefer numbers to people.Some of the people listing themselves as INTJ might be full of it, but, then again, this is a fan-site for a building-toy, so I wouldn't be surprised if our sampling of the population was somewhat skewed.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Rarest in a balanced sampling of the population, sure. In a population likely already skewed towards those fond of science and engineering, though, they might be just slightly less rare.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I disagree. Is a person who's very disciplined and gets good grades in math because he works hard smarter than the person who's intuitively smarter and understands it better, faster and deeper but gets worse grades because of lazy work? I don't think playing with a chemistry set makes you good at chemistry. I think it makes you someone who's playing with a chemistry set.

But it strongly suggests an interest in chemistry, and I think you'll find more people who are good at chemistry amongst those who are interested in it than amongst those who aren't. It doesn't guarantee the aptitude for something, but it raises the likelihood of individuals within the group having said aptitude.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, to be honest, I don't work very hard in half of my classes. I'm just one of those people who is very good at the natural sciences (biology, zoology, marine science [my major], etc.).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

INTPIntroverted 89Intuitive 25Thinking 12Perceiving 11You are:

• [*]very expressed introvert[*]moderately expressed intuitive personality[*]slightly expressed thinking personality[*]slightly expressed perceiving personality

Yup, that's me, alright.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I would be very unsurprised to find a correlation between introversion and beards.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Haha, no it actually runs deeper than that. Of course, he could just happen to like his beard, but let me explain. INTPs and INTJs, but especially the INTPs, are physically detached. The INTP would much rather wear his favorite sweater all the time, eat the same food over and over again while indulging in their favorite activities. They like having a sense of routine. Even if that routine may seem... uneven to some. And they usually find themselves enjoying linguistic and logical challenges. In some ways this may have represented itself in Valenti's love of foreign cultures and artists. I could be incredibly off here, but at least I'm trying :P

I kinda doubt people who score as INTJs, because a lot of them are mistyped. They're either untruthful people, or just not that introspective, causing them to portray themselves in an unrealistic way. However, a lot of them find comfort online, since text based communication is easier for them.

I think it got me right. I'm not going to lay claim to an actual condition though, because I seriously doubt have anything like Aspergers or autism. My mum's a physiotherapist/paediatrician health worker who deals with children and teens who genuinely do have the likes of autism, so I'm pretty sure she would have spotted it if I had it. I'm just plain old regular socially awkward :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Took the test again. There appears to be some degree of fluctuation on the last two numbers, while the first two are stuck at 78 and 75, respectively. No fluctuation whatsoever in the actual categorical placement.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I get why you say that, but as you look more into it, there's a lot more to be discovered. There's a HUGE difference between an INTJ and an ENTJ, an there are differences from the ENTJ individual and the other ENTJ individual. Of course, these tests are only accurate if you are emotionally mature and aware of everything that goes on inside your head. The typical person is not any of these things, no matter how old they are. Mature, emotionally intelligent and self-aware people are hard to come by. And it is with those people we get the accurate results. And that's why I disagree with you, because this stuff just isn't that simple. ;)

Well, the thing is that this is based on analytical psychology - it takes actual traits of personalities and uses them to build categories - while horoscopes are all tea leaves, ink blots and camel snot. Sure, someone can give inaccurate answers and get inaccurate results, but that's true about anything, isn't it? You've got to be able to correctly judge your own actions to get good results from this, otherwise you're "taking" water-quality samples of the Great Lakes without ever leaving your kitchen sink.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom