Techna

Legolover-361

IC: (Science District)Critek studied the rather strange Toa for a few moments. He was definitely odd and appeared to be harmless, but he did have power over magnetism, which gave him a huge advantage over the Matoran. I would be safest if he killed the Toa now before he had any chance to suspect...'Wait, where did that come from?' Critek thought to himself. There was something wrong with his head and he needed to figure out what it was. But first the Toa."Um, excuse me Mr. Strange Blue Toa," Critek said cautiously, "Who are you exactly?"

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC (Science District): Vrf-3Sure, that sounds fun to me, just give me a moment to figure out these thrusters.He once again tried to rise into the air, managing to keep his balance, though unsteady. He was constantly bouncing around, trying to get the hang of the new system."I think I've got it!"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Incommodo (Science District)Incommodo was fiddling around with the inside of the 'You are Here' sign when he was shocked by a spark. He turned to Critek."Oh! I'm Incommodo. Or Inc." He answered. "Who are you?"

Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Information District):"Hmm. A large grouping of Toa Techna. I will have to speak with one about our business," The Equinox gave a large smile, one that one would think they've seen a maniac.

OOC: I'd just like to point out that The Equinox can't get inside the Security and Defense Library; only the Toa Techna can.Also, ToD, consider your attack blocked for now. :sly:IC (Security and Defense Library):Warning. Unauthorized computer is attempting to upload a program to Technan SCPU.The message showed up as a warning on Torch's HUD. He frowned, eyes focusing on the text while Awk said something in the background about finding files on Takadox.>Identify computer.Identifying...Identification insufficient. ID is partially-encrypted.>Give partial identification.Acknowledged.Full, partially-encrypted ID: 101-5-5&-!%^%$@&!#Torch grimaced. Blasted encryptments.>Activate security countermeasures.Acknowledged.Activating...GM IC (Amnchey):Suddenly--Upload blocked.What? How? Amnchey had done everything right; she had the position, a high security clearance, even her own company!Security level unacceptable for complete upload.Download blocked by network administrator.Amnchey blinked. She had been caught in the act. But how? And by whom?Downloading tracing program now.Downloading...The Steltian leapt into action, trying to counteract the download, but it would be a tight race.OOC: Don't worry, ToD, you didn't break any rules; you just can't upload anything to Techna's mainframe that easily without encountering any security countermeasures. If the tracking program is downloaded, your laptop will send out a steady encrypted signal that will lead the Toa Techna to it. I'll leave it to you to decide how to halt the download, and then we'll see if you succeed.IC (Security and Defense Library):"Blasted hackers," muttered Torch. "Someone just tried to upload something through Techna's main network. Whoever-it-was didn't have high enough security privileges, though. I'll tell you guys if the tracing program download succeeds. Just in case this hacker gets around the security and uploads something to Techna's mainframe, be ready to counteract a virus."He turned his attention to the holograms Awk projected. One in particular caught Torch's eye:

Prisoner Report 39XDate: 3-29-95000 A.L. (After Launch)Subject: TakadoxHas become oddly quiet. Does not move except to eat meals. Gave up trying to hypnotize guards years ago. Does not reply when spoken to, but can sometimes be heard whispering to himself. Will not give any information even at gunpoint.Conclusion: May be planning something. Will be guarded vigilantly.

"A" was the identification for the most dangerous prisoners, with "B" and "C" identifying prisoners of cascading lesser importance. But "X"? An X criminal was pure deadliness. So Takadox was indeed as dangerous as his history would suggest."Apparently he's been planning something for a long while now. I remember hearing about Takadox being taken prisoner here, but it must have slipped my mind centuries ago."His attention drifted to the next hologram. Stopped. This was a video. From the angle of the camera, this was footage from an interrogation. The date was 9-10-97023.Torch's heart leapt. "Play it," he ordered.Awk nodded and started the video.Bang!The door slammed open. Two Toa guards shoved Takadox into the room while six more Toa stood outside, just in case."They transported an X without talking to the Toa Techna? That's dangerous!""Well," said Forcyte, "because most Technans look to the Toa Techna for protection, the guards might have wanted to prove they can do what we can."In Torch's peripheral vision he saw Matrapolix shrug. "They're Toa, aren't they?"Takadox was restrained in the chair -- and he settled down immediately, looking at the guards as if they were all gentlemen in fancy suits. A Matoran slipped through the Toa and gestured; in response, the Toa stepped outside and locked the door.Why a Matoran? wondered Torch.Takadox grinned. "A party? For me? I'm flattered. Now where's the cake?"The Matoran guard didn't even crack a smile. "No," he said, sitting on the chair across from Takadox and meeting his gaze squarely, "this isn't a party."Abruptly, Torch saw the reasoning behind having a Matoran interrogate Takadox. If Takadox hypnotized the Matoran, he would be able to do little damage, and the Toa outside should easily be able to turn away an attack from a Matoran and a... a whatever-Takadox-was.Takadox's grin slipped, but he didn't look disappointed or even annoyed. His expression was... nothing. Nothing at all. No emotion, not even an odd arrangement of light in his glowing red eyes. "Twenty questions it is, then," he said. "I'm thinking of..."The Matoran stood abruptly, hands striking the table with a slap! "You're thinking," he said angrily, "of a plot to escape from the HSPC and destroy Techna! Don't deny it, you filthy beast."Silence."...Of course I'm thinking of that," Takadox returned evenly. The Matoran blinked. Takadox chuckled. "But what makes you think I'd tell you about it? That would ruin the surprise."The Matoran growled. "No games, Takadox.""What's the point of life without a little fun?"The glint of teeth shone from the Matoran's face as he grimaced. His hand went to his belt. "Tell me your plan or be killed.""But you won't kill me."Takadox's tone suggested he was talking to a young, naive child. The Matoran caught the change in tone, too; his eyes narrowed dangerously. "And why wouldn't I?""Well, for one, if you had come to kill me, why insist on asking questions you know won't be answered? You noble types can't handle dragging out death; it kills you.""Um--""Second, wouldn't you have had your Toa attack me rather than you?""No, because...""And third, it's not your job to kill a prisoner. You're just a lowly Technan guard. You can't do anything."Takadox's glowing eyes brightened. Torch leaned forward, wondering if this was the scene of Takadox's breakout -- but no, Takadox remained where he was, and the Matoran only wore a slightly absent look that suggested confusion, not hypnosis."Don't try that again.""I can tell you're raging on the inside because you can't kill me.""Shut up!""Believe me," said Takadox, "I feel sorry for you. Stuck in a lowly job like this--""I'm answering the questions, Takadox--!""--you're a Matoran, so Toa see you as beneath them--""I'm warning you--""--and you have to answer to the Toa Techna. A bunch of airheads, aren't they?"Abruptly the Matoran straightened. "Torture it is." He gestured, and the Toa came in and took Takadox away. But Takadox was smiling."Go ahead and try your little torture," he called over his shoulder as he was shoved out of the interrogation room. "It'll do nothing to me. See, your torture is only in the mind... and I am a master of minds."The door closed, and the video ended.Torch frowned. "Did anyone else get the feeling that Takadox knew far more than he let on? And that the Matoran actually did think of us as... airheads?" The Toa Techna of Plasma sighed, propping his right elbow on his knee and his chin on his right hand. "We need to take a more active approach, not just to capture Takadox, but to make sure we're indeed earning Techna's respect."OOC: I'm out of gas now. I proably won't post here again for a while. :P

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Drone (Science District)Good. Now let's go find our good friend Demoris. Just warning you first, he's a ghost!Drone used his brain implant to attempt to make contact with Demoris so they could learn his location and what the current situation with Aeon is.To: DemorisFrom: DroneRequesting permission to enter conversation with Demoris through text. Connecting...​Connection Established. Sending request to designated user now.Please wait for response.

IC: (Science District)Critek continued to stare at Incommodo, still trying to decide if the Toa was actually crazy or just a little, confused."I'm Critek, I think I mentioned that before," he replied, "Look if we're trying to figure out where we are, maybe we should head toward the largest landmark we can find."He then pointed past Incommodo and toward Technology Tower as it loomed above the skyline, which the Toa appeared to have missed.

"Don't Panic."

IC: Incommodo (Science District)"Sorry, bad short-term memory. Bad long-term memory too, now that I think about it..."Incommodo walked over to right beside Critek and crouched down, in order to see exactly where he was pointing at."Ah. I see. Literally."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Science District): Vrf-3A ghost? Ghost's don't exist. There is no scientific evidence to support them. It must be of a species that has traits similar to what others would call a ghost.He replied through his own brain implant, but stopped when he realized Drone was sending a brain-phone call.IC (Information District, the Spark of Genius): DreenanShe skated along beside the main counter-top, a rag in her hand wiping it off as she went. She hummed to herself quietly as she wiped off the shelves. Everything had to be looking perfect, she didn't want to lose customers to having dust on things. But, the main way she lost customers was kicking them out if they were annoying her... or shooting at them. But shooting at them was more fun, and it got them leaving a bit faster.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC Information District: Upsilon"Hurried Statement: Gotta hurry..." Upsilon muttered as he hurried through the streets of the Information District. He passed by the Spark of Genius as he went, before stopping and turning back."Confused Query: Spark of Genius? What is that?" Upsilon asked, heading inside.He noticed Dreenan behind the counter. "Friendly Greeting: Hello there!Introduction: I am Upsilon.Query: What does this store sell?"

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC (Spark of Genius, Information District): DreenanShe turned to so who was speaking, noticing the robot. She continues cleaning the counter, and started speaking to the machine."Hey, welcome to the Spark of Genius. We sell everything, and right now, nothing. But we have food, not that a robot would want food."She replied to Upsilon as she indicated to the empty shelves in her store. There was not a single item on any of them. It looked like she had either been bought out, or just opened. The latter was the correct one of the two."But, we also buy things here."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC(science district to information district): The task ahead would be immense, releasing AEon was his responsibility but the ghost had to admit his strength was in support.Fortunately his S-toran proxy had also found another email.

To: DemorisFrom: DroneRequesting permission to enter conversation with Demoris through text. Connecting...​Connection Established. Sending request to designated user now.

"Open it"The S-toran obliged with his neural implant, Demoris himself stood nearby thinking about how to perform a prison break."Link established, it's from Drone""Good, tell him to meet us behind the library, I want to get some research done before we bust into any prisons"The generic matoan pulled himself up and obliged, as both made their way to the aforementioned cafe.To: DroneFrom: DemorisMeet us behind the library, we need to do some research beforehand. Edited by The Highly Visible Noob

IC: (Science District)Critek felt his rage start to grow as his eyes started to shift again. It would be easier if he just killed the Toa now. Thankfully, he was able to suppress the desire and he let out a sigh. It was going to be a long day.As he gently placed a hand on Incommodo's arm he said, "Look, lets flag down a taxi and head toward the Tower. I need to learn more about my... modifications."

"Don't Panic."

OOC: @LL: Nice job! A lot better than anything I would have come up with.IC / Awk / S&D / With Torch, Forcyte, Matra, and Foluk:As Awk watched the video of Takadox's interrogation with the others, he received the incoming message from Enaltai, and he promptly deleted it and all associated info. So Æon's gone and got herself captured eh. Good riddance if you ask me, hackers are supposed to be stealthy, not blatantly attacking everything in sight.He then proceeded to do some searches to see if he could find anything on this, attempted attack on the SCPU that Torch had mentioned. This time using his power over data to manipulate his internal computer rather than his fingers, so as not to give away anything that might be crucial to the Toa Techna.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

IC: Incommodo"Good idea. I'll flag you a taxi, and meet you there." Incommodo stood in the middle of the road, and a taxi stopped as it was about to drive into him. He pointed at Critek."He wants to go to the big tower thing."He then turned and, looking at the tower, teleported.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC Spark of Genius: Upsilon"Confused Query: What's wrong with a robot buying food?" Upsilon asked, flying around the store."Statement: Well, you don't seem to have what I need.Apology: Sorry for wasting your time."

IC (Information District, Spark of Genius): Dreenan"Well, robots can't eat food, so why would they even want any?"She asked, leaning back in a char behind the counter, and putting both of her feet up onto the newly cleaned counter to relax. Obviously, the cleaning didn't last very long at all, she was already ruining what she had just done."No problem, but if you ever have anything you want to sell, feel free to stop back by here."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC; Krayzikk and Athen, Science District, Questioning CritekKarzyikk had gone on patrol and discovered an ADR that had been sliced in half. Athens noted all facts about the scene and commented to Krzyzikk,Evidence suggests an implement approximately the size of the standard X-Fire Z-1020 arm blade.Noted.Krayzikk had reverted to robot for and began asking around, careful to keep his shotgun within reach. Spotting Critek, he approached and said "Would you happen to know anything about the destroyed security 'bot back that way?" Krayzikk gestured toward the direction of the wreck.OOC: That'd be you, Tafu.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Spark of Genius: Upsilon"Confused Query: Won't putting your feet on the counter just make it dirty again?" Upsilon asked, looking at Dreenan with as much confusion as one eye can show."Ineffective Suggestion: If I were you, I'd keep the counter clean by keeping my feet off it."

IC: Dreenan"Meh, it's clean enough. It doesn't wave to be perfect."She replied, not removing her feet from the counter, using it like an upward angled footrest. It was her shop, she didn't really care what the robot's opinion was."So, you going to buy something, or just ask questions?"She doubted the robot would buy anything, due to it not needing food.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Science District)Critek starred at the spot that Incommodo had previously occupied for a few seconds before telling the taxi, "Technology Tower please."As the taxi prepared to take off, Critek had a chance to collect his thoughts. He was in an unfamilar body, in a relatiely unfamiliar place, traveling with a Toa may or may not have escaped from a hospital for the mentally unwell. He needed to find someone who understood implants and the area around the Tower appeared to be a good place to start.However, the taxi suddenly stopped and a rather large humaniod rodot approached him."Would you happen to know anything about the destroyed security 'bot back that way?" the robot asked.A whole list of unpleasant words suddenly ran through Critek's head but he finally replied, "Um, no, not really. Um, I really need to go. I have to meet someone and it would be a very bad idea if I kept him waiting."Of course Critek didn't realize that he was saying the worst things possible given his current situation...

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Emissary, my Post was on page 16 if you're looking for it.IC: Shade / RooftopShade cursed as the mysterious Sniper dissapeared. Running to the edge of the building, Shade jumped off, grabbing hold of the other building's side before skidding down. From there, he causually walked away, Morning Star once again strapped to his back.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Thanks I saw it.IC: RenenRenen nodded, 'I'll keep that in mind, thank you. Have a safe trip! Tell your friends about this place!'He turned back to Scorpio, 'Now then, for your room, just follow me upstairs.'The Matoran led the android to one of the further back rooms, which had suffered less damage. Opening the door that read 23, Renen gestured to the room.It was sparse, with a small table, a chair, and a bathroom. There was a bunk bed tucked to one side, and window at the far end.'Well, here you go. If you need anything, I'm usually down in the bar, or in my office.'IC: TenkoTenko nodded absently, 'That's interesting. Well, thanks for the book.'He smiled and held out his hand in a friendly manner.IC: EmmaEmma unlocked the door to her apartment, and stepped inside. It was small and spartan, but still, it was home. She mentally accessed the quantum entanglement mainframe.>Patch into database mainframe.>Passcode?She ground her teeth. This was the part she hated.>sudo passcode.>processing...>error: 404'Blast it!' she slammed her fist into the wall. They changed the firewalls again.>Access open mainframe>passcode?Emma rolled her eyes and shut the mainframe off. It honestly wasn't worth the trouble.-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Apparently Sudo doesn't fix everything... At least not here. =P-==IC: Kairan//The Glitch Paradox==-Kairan nodded, as he walked out of the restaurant, and down the street, as he headed toward the housing district, but honestly didn't exactly know what to do at that moment, so he settled for simply patrolling said district for the moment, to make sure nothing happened.

IC Dreenan's Shop: Upsilon"Dismissive: No, that will be all." Upsilon said, floating towards the door. As he tried to get out, he bumped into the door."Embarrassed Request: Um... Could you get the door for me?"

IC: Drone (Science District, Heading to Library to meet Demoris) / Volin and Wheatley (Technology Tower)"All right guys, we're supposed to meet him behind the library."Drone hailed over another cab to their position and got in the passenger seat."To the Information District, library please."-Volin returned to the shop, changing his mind since he forgot what was waiting for him at the Technology Tower.OOC: Volin and Wheatley up for interaction.

Edited by TX Wade 27

IC (Information District, Spark of Genius): Dreenan"Sure, why not."She pulled her feet down off of the counter, ejecting the wheels from the bottoms of her feet. She jumped over the counter, and roller-skated over to the door to let out the robot."Have a nice day."She remarked, opening the door.IC (Science District): Vrf-3He floated unsteadily into the cab, bonking himself into the roof, seat, and passenger of the cab as he tried to set himself down in the seat."The library... why the library?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Sorry Mef but I'm going to bunny you along into following us.IC: Drone (Heading to Information District)The cab began to move steadily as Drone 2 stepped inside and was soon headed to the library."Don't know, he just said to meet him there."OOC: Time-skip to the library at your own whim.

IC(Drone 2 entering taxi heading to Library)

Drone 2 enters the cab and closes the door behind them."Yes, why the library; who are we saving?" he says, making sure to say the last part over the private radio. But, his questions were answered and, soon, the three were at the library.Drone 2 exits the cab first and checks his weapons; making sure they were ready just in case."You think we'll need these?" he asks to Drone out loud.-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC: Drone (Information District)We're going to save a Hacker called Aeon. Psionist.The cab came to a halt as they arrived at the library. Drone gave the taxi driver the amount of widgets required for the ride and stepped out of the vehicle. He began to make his way to the back of the library, hoping to find their ghostly associate, Demoris.OOC: THVN, you can say you spot us in your post.

IC(Drone 2 following Drone inside of Library)

"Drone," starts the being over the private com. "Do you think we'll need our weapons ready?"Drone 2 wasn't sure if this was a sneak in, grab Aeon, then sneak out, or something a bit more...dicey. Either way, the Matoran would be ready.-Mef Man

OOC= I'll assume the taxi is at the library now.IC (Information district, library): The matoran, now revealed to be named Generidax, pointed up to a hovercab above heading downwards to the libraries side. Beforehand Generidax had set placed a dongle on to one of the library computers, allowing him to access those computers from his laptop. It would be hard to find out about the prison directly, but new clippings from the library records were proving very useful.With one of his Skakadi headed hands Demoris signaled for Drone, Drone 2 and Vrf-3.

Edited by The Highly Visible Noob

IC: IncommodoIncommodo attempted to access Technology Tower.> Incorrect Level of Clearance"Incorrect level of clearance?"> Question: 'Incorrect level of clearance?'> Processing...> Processing...> Error: 404Incommodo banged his fist against the door.He heard a couple of ADR's approaching."Oh Karz."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Nikaron and Dreenan need to have a race, skates implants vs. enhanced speed implants. Green text vs. Green text.IC: NikaronNikaron mused over the thought for a moment, "A race you say, sounds fun. I have just have one question, where are we going?" Nikaron then held up a hand. "Actually hold that thought, let me check the net for someplace good." After a few seconds of searching using his brain implant he found something. "Alright says here, that there is a spot called the Spark of Genius. They're a restaurant, but also a pawn shop. We can eat, and I can get some parts to build that alternate mode of transportation."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: A round ... thing and two robot toa? ... this will be an interesting prison break in the least.Generidax turned the laptop around so the screen was facing the robot's, on it was a series of newspaper clippings on Techna's prison."I'm glad you could come drone ... who are your friends here?"

Edited by The Highly Visible Noob

OOC: So, someone's attacked a 'You are Here' sign? Well, I'll go one better...IC: Ignotus (Science District)Ignotus had left the library, and was walking around, searching for any screen he could use. Finding one, he took out a small flash drive, plugging it in. It uploaded a virus that would only affect 'You are Here' signs, but it would affect them all over Techna.> Uploading...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]