Techna Of Despair: A Dreamland Discussion

Kal the Guardian

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect we'll be fighting at least one more giant skakdi at some point. One made of fire, particularly.My reasons for believing this are:It would get rid of the huge advantage fire-wielding characters are given against the skakdi of ice.There's a volcano on the southern part of the island.Skakdi can only use powers in tandem.

- :burnmad:

Oh, I kept forgetting to state that yes, Kaita are allowed. Although I'm not quite sure how they are formed. Don't the makers have to meet a certain requirement of likeness of mind or something? I don't know, I'm rambling here.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Any three of the same species with a common purpose (or the spear of fusion or a mask of fusion) can combine. The Matoran say that anyone who does it has the virtue of unity sorted.Oh, if only there was another Skakdi around for my two to combine with... maybe a reeealy big one... :evilgrin: J/K.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

The wiki says that any species in the Matoran Universe can fuse with the minimum amount of two and the max of six.Okay, I am glad they are allowed and just so everyone knows this Kaita will have all the powers and weaknesses of the three Toa expect it has its own mind.

Edited by paragon

When what's-her-name, the shapeshifting Rahi from 2004-2005, changed herself into a fusion of all six Toa Metru in Darkness Below, she accidentally created protodermis while combining the powers. If one fusion could do it, two three-part fusions could. As long as there isn't both shadow and light, you should be set. :)[Needs GM verification.]-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

...And the fusions are toa kaita. Other species can't do a toa seal even though they can have elemental powers.

Krahka (I checked the name) could, but that was because she replicated their powers completely. She was the only other being, though.@ Kal the Guardian; Since I retired Worhodock from the game, I want to replace him if the RPG miraculously makes a return. Will that be all right?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Guys, this talk of combining powers is taking a dangerous step...Into AWESOMENESS.I guess to form a Kaita, you just need to think about it and let your mind meld. Like if any one mind resisted at any time it would break or not form. That's what I was trying to say before.@Lev: That would be completely fine. You'd just have to put "deceased" or something in the title of Worhodock's profile.

Don't have Dreamland again. Have something like a sequel, on a different island with a different plot, but set in the same universe with many of the same characters.

Well, I don't think I'd be able to do that. Certain things need to be decided and uncovered in this RPG before I could create something like what you're saying. I have things planned, but the way things would have gone if the RPG had continued would have been decided by the players.

It's fun, but I want Ocean Cruise to come back.also i claim co-gm no matter wat rawr

Bring it back? Drag it out of the closet? Dust it off? Shine it up? Watch it win in the hole left by no Parugi RPG? Now why would I do that?

I kind of want to see Dreamland come back. Because my primary character is precariously hanging in the plot of two RPGs. And that makes me sad. Look - :(-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Yeah, see? This man is talking sense right now. Not like all of you who want something else. :P

OOC: The kanohi komau doesn't do mental blasts, only mind control. And yes, the fader bull's image doesn't move. It just fades (hence the name).

Yes, it can. Read Maze of Shadows for in-story proof.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Oh, OK. I haven't read that book, so I must have been wrong. Is there anything else it does apart from mind-control?

Just to point out, the Komau's mental blasts are actually an extension of its mind control powers. It is your mind that tells you that you're feeling pain after all, so if someone uses a Komau to hijack that part of your head they can tell you "Hurt here"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

So uh, I'm thinking about joining this game.All I'm wondering is what sort of event is going on that I could partake in?Sorry for bothering you guys.

Well, if you want to play for the last week or so its open, there's a huge fight against a giant ice Skakdi.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Reflecting my IC about how big this island is, I've noticed that almost everyone is understimating heights and lengths. And I realize I need to be more specific, although it's a little late for that.The trees? Even though they have branches down low, they are still hundreds of feet tall. So, when they fell, that means that the diameter of their trunks is taller than a Toa. Of course not all the trees are this big, half of them are smaller and almost twigs compared to them. But all the branches and leaves and trunks would still be several stories of maze. Of couse you guys assume its all just flat ground where he pushed over the trees and I have reflected that as well just to move things forward instead of the characters not seeing anything.So right now, I'd say the fallen trees' branches have been compacted by the Skakdi's ice layer, making things somewhat flatter. Also, remember Parugi's construct in the Arena? The Skakdi was like ten times that. =/ It's not as awe inspiring when I have to say it here. :PJust a heads up for the future, if we ever get one. So keep in mind, thousands of Skakdi. This boss is supposed to be epic. :PAlso, the artifacts. Well, just putting them on and touching the ice wall wasn't all they could do. *hint hint*