Techna Of Despair: A Dreamland Discussion

Kal the Guardian

Name: Rayhoun (a.k.a. Tempest)Species: ToaGender: MaleFaction: NeutralAppearance: A slim, but muscular Toa with dark grey and black armour, wearing a black trench coat and fedoraWeapons: Twin swords, which look like these, but with a circular opening, rather than an angled oneMask: Kanohi Kualsi, Mask of Quick-TravelPower: Elemental control over airSecondary Abilities: Really, really good at fighting.Weakness: Quite arrogant, so he tends to underestimate his opponents.Personality: Tempest gives off a cold, distant aura, causing most sane people to avoid him. He's extremely intelligent, arrogant, and calculating. He's extremely sadistic, preferring to prolong his victims suffering for as long as possible.Biography: Born as a beggar in a distant city on the Southern Continent, Rayhoun survived on his wits and strength alone. He had few friends, but he was extremely loyal to the small few that he had, two other Matoran, Zara and Catu. The three worked together, helping each other survive, and watching each other's backs.However, one day, a the gang was caught in a security raid. Catu was killed in the crossfire, and Zara went missing. Overcome by grief, Rayhoun began building an emotional wall, trying to keep the world at a distance. Due to this, he became much more ruthless, honing his fighting skills, and using them to rob and kill others (usually weaker than him).Eventually, he managed to kill a passing Toa, but not before forcing him to create a Toa stone, which Rayhoun promptly stole and used to transform. After this, the Eye, and powerful criminal syndicate, discovered him, hiring him as one of their members.After the bounty hunter Katan killed their leader, Rayhoun, now known as Tempest, was sent to Dreamland to eliminate him, a mission which he is currently pursuing with great interest.

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"The Eye" isn't a faction of this RPG, as far as I know. Besides that, "Extreme fighting prowess" is rather vague. Is he actually physically in another league due to something, or is he just really good at fighting?

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Name: ArtorreSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: NeutralAppearance: Red toa with black chestplate, gauntlets and boots.Weapons: Straight, black, average sword, which can also channel his element by lighting on fire and/or emitting a concentrated beam of fire to cut things, albeit slowly. Also carries 10 throwing knives at all times.Mask: Komau shaped like Calix.Power: FireSecondary Abilities: Very fast reflexes, often giving the illusion his mask is an actual Calix.Weakness: WaterPersonality: Calm, smart, but also kind and usually forgivingBiography: An average researcher, Artorre came to the island to solve its mystery, like most everyone else. He wants somewhat to leave, but cannot abandon his friends and co-workers.

- :burnmad:

Name: AntrakhaSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: ResearchersAppearance: Antrakha is a youthful Toa of Sonics, lean and strong. He lost his entire right arm and left leg just above the knee, and has advanced mechanical prothsetics, which he designed himself, replacing them. He has a black dragon painted on his mask, his chest plate, and his left shoulder. His eyes are yellow. Because he had heard tales of distant heroes, his armor looks very similar to the Toa Nuva, save for his arms and legs, which resemble the Inika's.Weapons: Battle-axe (similar in appearance to Axonn's) and a shield, very similar to the ones used by Hunters in Halo.Mask: Avokhii-shaped Mask of Rahi Control. The Mask has several enhancements, including selective sound dampeners, and a sensor that feeds information directly to Antrakha's eye.Power: SonicsSecondary Abilities: Expert marksman and is skilled with most weaponsWeaknesses: Loud sounds, bad memories, namely of a Toa he loved once.Personality: Unlike most Toa of Sonics, Antrakha enjoys music. His thoughts tend to be everywhere, which he attributes to "Inventor's Syndrome". He is known as the "Warrior Inventor" where he is from.Biography: Originally from a chain of islands called the Kanbara Isles, Antrakha used to live alone, with his pet Eagle Drake (a hawk-like Rahi that could be best described as a falcon-like dragon about four feet long and two feet tall) Takuya, he became a Toa after he discovered a Toa Stone on the ocean shore near his home. Several months later, he joined the Toa Kanbara, and fell in love with a Toa of Lightning. During a battle against marauders, his team was killed, and he managed to kill all but several raiders in his rage. During the battle, he lost his entire right arm, and most of his left leg. He joined the Insomniacs a while later, Takuya still at his side, along with a recently acquired Energy Hound named Tumanas.

Edited by Rookie Leonidas Spartana

Name: TillianSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: ResearchersAppearance: Tillian is a tall, slender Toa of Fire who has donned a distinct set of purple armor. He has a scar running down one side of his face from when he was attacked by a Rahi before the events of Dreamland.Weapons: He wields two blades coated in purple-colored protosteel; when he wields them in conjunction it looks like a sphere of violet fire is engulfing him at all times. He also carries two balanced throwing knives.Mask: CalixPower: FireSecondary Abilities: Charming, agile, and quick-witted. Very acrobatic.Weaknesses: His fighting style can rely heavily on acrobatics, which means if you get him in an enclosed space he will be stuck on the defensive.Personality: Tillian is friendly, charming, young, and loyal to those who are loyal to him.Biography: Tillian is your average researcher. He signed up for something he didn't fully comprehend and got stranded on the island with the rest of the Insomniacs, but he doesn't care; all he wants is adventure. He's very open about his past until you ask him how he got his scar, which was a trophy from an extreme betrayal that Tillian vowed never to speak of again.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

So then.Who wants to assist me in starting off my character? I always find doing so a boring process. Anyone out there wanna pick a fight? I could, perhaps, wander too close to their property? Bump into them and make them drop something important?

- :burnmad:

Hey, some of you may know me from the BZPRPG or Techna. What's the best way to get into this?

Make a character or two, post the profiles here and wait for staff approval.Aside from that, there are a few groups doing things at the moment. The Hunters are going hunting and battling a Rhak, the Researchers are leaving on an expedition and a new group is forming down on the coast. Jump in wherever you think your character would fit.

ppg2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, question. I'm thinking of entering the RPG with a researcher character, what exactly is going on right now?Name: DorchaSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: ResearchersAppearance: Average height toa, Dorcha wears leather, chain, and plate protection, giving him full protection, and almost full movement. His armor is mottled with shades of ash grey and grey-brown, which blends in perfectly with both rock and bark.Weapons: Twin swords, made with the powers of Balta's weapons. The blades are dead black, and although light, almost as strong as protosteel. The crosspieces are short, and slant up diagonally towards the blades. he carries a pouch of war darts at his side.Mask: Kakama.Power: Elemental magnetism.Secondary Abilities: Very skilled at stealth, able to move literally unseen in the right conditions. A skilled swordfighter and dart thrower. he is, even without a kakama, fast, tough, and agile.Weakness: Personality: Dorcha always seems to be looking out of a perpetually blank face, with morose and sad ice blue eyes. he is quiet, and serious, not given to laughter. He is fiercely devoted to his beliefs, with the result that he will fight to the death for them. A strong dislike for the other factions comes with it.Biography: Once a nondescript toa on the southern continent, Dorcha trained for centuries under an older toa, in the arts of moving, and of fighting. Finally, he joined the research team as a guard. when they split, he steadfastedly stood with the group wanting to continue, as was his duty.

Edited by The Quiet Light

Okay, question. I'm thinking of entering the RPG with a researcher character, what exactly is going on right now?The Researchers have found a Village of sleeping Matoran of plant life. The Hunters have caught a Rhak. The Forfeiters have moved out and are heading south. And a new faction called the Eye is getting prepared to take out one or all the teleportation scramblers. And a certain shady Toa of shadows is heading up the river delta to its source.Weapons: Twin swords, made with the powers of Balta's weapons. The blades are dead black, and although light, almost as strong as protosteel. The crosspieces are short, and slant up diagonally towards the blades. he carries a pouch of war darts at his side.Made with the powers of Balta's weapons? I don't understand what that means.Weakness:You need this filled in before I can approve it.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Thankfully, I missed something, because I messed up, Dorcha is supposed to be a sonics toa, silly of me. :PName: DorchaSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: ResearchersAppearance: Average height toa, Dorcha wears leather, chain, and plate protection, giving him full protection, and almost full movement. His armor is mottled with shades of ash grey and grey-brown, which blends in perfectly with both rock and bark.Weapons: Twin swords, made with the powers of Balta's weapons (The ability to repulse objects that connect with it). The blades are dead black, and although light, almost as strong as protosteel. The crosspieces are short, and slant up diagonally towards the blades. he carries a pouch of war darts at his side.Mask: Kakama.Power: Elemental sonics.Secondary Abilities: Very skilled at stealth, able to move literally unseen in the right conditions. A skilled swordfighter and dart thrower. he is, even without a kakama, fast, tough, and agile.Weakness: Weak against mental assaults, and tends to be shocked by betrayal.Personality: Dorcha always seems to be looking out of a perpetually blank face, with morose and sad ice blue eyes. he is quiet, and serious, not given to laughter. He is fiercely devoted to his beliefs, with the result that he will fight to the death for them. A strong dislike for the other factions comes with it.Biography: Once a nondescript toa on the southern continent, Dorcha trained for centuries under an older toa, in the arts of moving, and of fighting. Finally, he joined the research team as a guard. when they split, he steadfastedly stood with the group wanting to continue, as was his duty.

Name: HiroSpecies: Matoran-Agori Hybrid (self-explanatory) Gender:MaleFaction: NeutralAppearance: Young and swift. Skillful with ranged weapons when possible.Weapons: FireknifeMask: HauPower: Small power over fire.Secondary Abilities:Oddly can swim wellWeakness: Can neglect things staring him in the facePersonality: Aggressive towards enemies but friendly towards allies Biography:After escaping from the prison known has SCHOOL (LOL!) he found that he was intrigued by Dreamland ​ signed up for the expedition. He remembers little of his old life.

<!--Flash 250+100+http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf--><OBJECT CLASSID='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=100><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=100 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT><!--End Flash-->

I am Toa Hiro,Toa of Fire

BURN STUFF

Name: SucoguSpecies: Toa of electricityGender: MaleFaction: Neutral; will choose in-gameAppearance: Sucogu is a slightly bent-over, red Toa. His armor used to be a whole lot darker, but it has faded over years and from his long travel overseas. Mask: Mask of reboundingPowers: Powers over lightning and rebounding Secondary Abilities: With much practice, he has learned to manipulate a very limited power of electromagnetism.Weakness: Sucogu isn't very fast or strong, being very old.Personality: Sucogu is a rather grouchy, loner type. He doesn't much like company, so stays away from others. He doesn't show signs of affection.Biography: Originally from Mata-Nui, Sucogu taught students. He had a protege, and taught him all he knew. Soon, though, he sailed away for many years. He finally landed on an isle where he felt the urge to fall asleep...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.