Techna Of Despair: A Dreamland Discussion

Kal the Guardian

Hiro is NOT approved. Sorry, Agori hybrid is out of the question. What is a fireknife exactly? And couldn't you add a bit more to the back story?As for Sucogu, if you change him being from Mata-Nui then he's approved. At the point in the Bionicle timeline where this story on Dreamland takes place, Makuta are still the good guys, let alone Mata-Nui being inhabited.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

OOC: By section (or paragraph) -Section 1 - I figured as much. And while there is none given, I prefer to use Pho- myself. Which doesn't really make sense considering Pho- relates to light, but hey, it sounds cool, right?

OOC: Photosynthesis?
Yes. Since 'Photo' means light, it doesn't really make sense for Pho- to be the Matoran of Plant Life prefix. But it's the one I use. Maybe Pho- means plants like Av- means light.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

"Av-" is the prefix for light; the Avohkii is the mask of light. "Ohkii" is probably shorthand for 'Kanohi of', or 'Mask of'; thus it literally means 'Mask of Light'.Linguistics. Yay.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"Avohkii" means "light" (the thing), but Av- is a prefix meaning something to do with light. For example, if you were talking about sunlight, the phrase a Matoran would use might be sun-avohkii, but for saying something like "Matoran of light", the prefix is used to describe the Matoran.As for the Kanohi Avohkii, the "Kanohi" part means "mask" so a translation of "Kanohi Avohkii" might be "Light Mask" or "Mask of light".I hope that clears things up.

ppg2.png

Oh, this is before Mata Nui? Time for revamping, then. This is before his repaint, power development, and teaching.Name: SucoguSpecies: Toa of electricityGender: MaleFaction: Neutral; will choose in-gameAppearance: Sucogu stands tall and proud, a handsome figure to behold. His armor is a night-sky blue nearly all over. However, his mask is highlighted in a whitish silver. He has the air of a martial arts expert; that is to say, rather muscular and fit. In addition, there is a prominent cockiness to his mannerisms and facial expressions.Mask: Mask of reboundingPowers: Powers over lightning (elemental) and rebounding (Kanohi)Secondary Abilities: Sucogu has trained for many, many long years from an expert in his trades. That is, many forms of combat. Martial arts, weapons, and grappling. He has become very good.Weakness: Sucogu isn't a strong elementalist. When push comes to shove, he can only throw out lightning bolts of little power.Personality: Who has self-control when the world is your oyster? He doesn't. Sucogu is a cocky, out-there sort of guy. He hates restraint, and considers anything differing from exactly what he wants to be holding him back. In this way he is very self centered.Biography: Sucogu was always rather eccentric. He was a blacksmith during the Matoran Civil War, but never enjoyed it. He trained to be a fighter as time went on from a veteran in a different, much older war. He trained under him for many years, until his teacher moved on. Sucogu joined an expedition to Dreamland.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

@ Shadow Guardian You might want to re-think your opening post as Sucogu. Right now, there are no boats on or near Dreamland that he might step off, because all four boats that characters used to get here sunk within a couple of days of the game starting.Other than that, feel free to interact with the group on the shore near where the boats originally landed. I know there are some characters there would be glad to meet a toa like Sucogu.

ppg2.png

Sure thing, paragon, just re-submit his profile and then, once approved, you can edit it in the profile topic.And Shadow Guardian, Mt Ihu is right. There is no way Sucogu could suddenly show up in a boat. You could have him suddenly wake up on what little beach there is, but the storm and waves are too fierce for any further boats.

I may or may not get chances to post today.Also... another arrogant, inexplicably male toa of lightning? This will not do.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:P.S. That's a joke for the humorless.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC - Dorcha:The sonics toa looked around."At a glance, I'd say nothing out of the ordinary. I can sonar-scan this entire place though, if you'd like," he replied, sheathing his sword. At the same time, his ears picked up the words of Janx, and the ordeal of Noir was quickly registered by his eyes. They were nearby, so he covered the twenty odd feet at a normal run."What happened?" he asked shortly.

Ok, so I'm just confused about this post, Zarayna. This island is huge, and Janx is nowhere near Noir. Sorry if this hasn't been made clear. But I don't think he'd be able to see or hear either one of them.And by huge I mean it takes way longer than five minutes to walk across it.

I seriously don't know when it was that you suddenly weren't posting. If you don't want to read it all, I suggest going back to your last post and then reading everything I RPed up until now. That would basically get you up to speed on what has happened. Man I wrote a lot of good stuff while you were gone.Not that I'm bragging or anything. :P

I'm quite new here, so I have a couple of questions.1: is this where I would post a character for Techna?2: if yes, I have what might be an interesting concept. What if I made character who originated outside of the ship? I.e. a Han Solo esque spacer who has recently come under fire, and docks with the Techna out of necessity? If this is too outside the norm, I can go with a more conventional character. I just thought that his dealing with this new world would be a good way to mask the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing :P

An update for Illume.Name: IllumeSpecies: ToaGender: maleFaction: noneAppearance: He is seven feet tall. He wears chainmail and steel plate armor. The steel plates are gold colored and the chainmail is silver colored. The armor is made from titanium and symbols from his homeland are carved into the plate part of his armor. His eyes and heart light are blue. He wears a helmet that resembles a dragon’s skull but also fully covers his head.Weapons: He carries a Katana and a shield made from titanium.Mask: Great Mask of Truth. His helmet absorbed his mask and has essentially become his mask.Power: Elemental Light powers- He can conjure and manipulate and absorb light. But he can’t use or learn how to use any of those strange powers that Matoran of Light have and Toa can normally learn through intense training.Secondary Abilities: He is a master swordsman but he does not have much skill with other types of weapons.He is much physically stronger than normal Toa and he is adept at hand to hand combat.He also has powerful mental shields.Weakness: He is a Toa of Light and is weak against shadow powers but not the dark.Personality: He is an independent, analytical and quiet. He is also fickle and lacks good decision making skills. He is very aggressive in battle but he will feel guilty after battles or fights regardless of the outcome. So he tries to avoid fighting. He is hard to win over but once you do he is very loyal and protective of his friends. But if he is crossed there will be little chance of regaining his friendship.Biography: He was created in another dimension by the Great Beings. He also lived in Karda Nui with the other Av-Matoran. He worked as a warrior but always dreamed of exploring. So one day he did. He set off alone to see the world. He went to many different places, met new beings and did all sorts of things. During his journey he learned many things. He even fell into a pool of energized protodermis. He was altered mentally but not physically. Then one day out of the blue and for no apparent reason he fell through a dimensional portal.He arrived in another Matoran Universe that was not his own and more specifically an island called Dreamland. Here he wandered around dazed and confused for a while but then happened on a strange helmet. He decided to keep it and so he placed it on his head. Once his did this he was transformed into a Toa and most of his memories were restored.

Name: SoliaSpecies: ToaGender: FemaleFaction: ResearchersAppearance:Blue armour with grey accents a light purple highlights. Wears a skirt and a cloak, both brown. Relatively attractive.Weapon: A staff adorned with various textures, with a silver Gali hook on one end, and a silver Pridak blade on the other.Mask: Kanohi Rau, Mask of TranslationPower: WaterSecondary Abilities: Agility, Strong Will, Skilled Negotiator, Skilled Kanohi UserWeaknesses: Solia can be rather stubborn and secretive at times, and is also rather antisocial around people she does't know. She often takes things far too seriously and can get in a temper over nothing. When it comes to fighting, she finds it hard to concentrate and loses her head sometimes.Personality: Whatever she lacks in physical form Solia more than makes up for in force of personality. She is tough as nails at all times, always ready with a snarky quip even in the face of death, not afraid to bend the rules every now and then, and seemingly never, ever scared.Biography: The loss of a close friend on Metru-Nui scarred her heavily, leading her to a path of going it alone. She thought that joining the expedition would improve her team building skills and help her get over her traumatic past.

Edited by Wotsiznaim

Naw, like I said, I don't mind some strange mysterious mask that I have no knowledge of. Its strange how this universe works and I can't rule anything out. I sort of like the idea of outside forces even me as the GM of this RPG can't really control. Just a thought. :P

Hmm... Where are all your characters? I might be able to come up with something.One thing I've learned so far, my next RPG is definately going to be driven only by the players. This mystery setting doesn't seem to hold much attention or interaction if the players don't actively search out secrets. And if they never post, then I can't let it become less mystery and more player driven adventure.

Well, Illume is almost on top of Sirel and most of the Forfeiters. They are just outside Camp C on the path, coming up with a way to sneak past the Hunters.Noir can join Garett and Levacius, who are in the middle of the village, underneath the shield tree, and help them figure out whatever it is they are figuring out.For Kane??? There's an artifact at the Le-Matoran Memorial that Ena has yet to grab because Legolover is probably busy with his own RPG. I need that artifact gathered in order to progress the story more, but I don't know if I want to let Kane get it considering Ena found it first, even if she might be forgotten at the moment.

That sounds good.Ok.Well, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to PM Legolover first. And it's a metallic slab of an unknown paper-thin material. But that wouldn't be the artifact anyway.