Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

Windfly and Japack/Ga-Wahi, En Route to Po-Wahi with Grochi and VasilcIC:

Windfly set Vasilc on the deck. Then seeing, the rahi suddenly launch towards the ship, she was about to take flight again.Until Japack's sensory scrambling came into play. When Grochi pulled upwards, he got the desired effect, for a moment. And then the creature realized that Grochi was really pulled down, and he would snap its neck if it didn't follow. Thus, it plunged under the surface. With Grochi still hanging on.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: The Matoran continued to remain silent. Kimonou would not be getting his answer, atleast not yet. Suddenly Kimonou found his cage getting hit by more and more branches. There was a flurry of them. It seemed as if they were passing through a wall of trees, and indeed they were. Then, without warning, it stopped. No more branches, no more leaves, no more trees. What remained in front of them was a large circle that had been carved into the ground ahead of them. Crudely created fences seemed the only thing keeping something inside. The Matoran then set the cage down near one of the gates. Opening the cage, they forced Kimonou into the circle, as of he were a Rahi. Now inside the cage, Kimonou found himself face to face with another Matoran. The Matoran in question was charging at him with a massive sword, more akin to a cleaver than anything. However there were other weapons scattered on ground, which could be useful. That was of course if Kimonou could get to them.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Snap, snap, snap.IC (clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Snap, snap, snap.Kimonou waited until the last second and lunged to his right. The sword swung through the air just inches from the Le-Matoran's back, but its sheer inertia kept its wielder from changing its course. With the attacker off-balance, Kimonou scabbled forward, on hands and knees, for a spear in the mud before him. He gripped it, spun around, and shifted his weight so he rolled over and sent the spear toward the assaulter's chest.

IC: Luckily for Kimonou the Matoran he was facing was not a fighter, thus the Matoran's first instinct to the spear was to block. With his left arm that is. The spear impaled itself within his arm and the Matoran bellowed in rage. Sending quite a few birds flying out of the trees. The Matoran ripped out the spear and sent it hurling towards Kimonou, before picking his sword back up and charging at the Matoran.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (clearing in Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou cursed, falling back to the ground and rolling to the side. The spear whizzed by above him. That was too near-close.Footsteps shook the ground. Another curse slipped from Kimonou's lips as he flailed out with his limbs, trying to find something -- anything -- to use as a weapon.His right hand, reaching behind his back, brushed his disk.He gritted his teeth -- and pulled out the disk, activating its magnetic power and flinging it at the attacker. If the magnetic power was strong enough, the other's sword might be pulled out of the way long enough for Kimonou to attack...The Le-Matoran's muscles tensed.

IC (clearing, Le-Wahi forest):The scream struck Kimonou unawares.To hear a scream of rage is bad enough. Imagine that the scream is coming through a megaphone, positioned right next to your ear, while an airplane engine whines meters from your other ear. That was the agony to which Kimonou was subjected.He keeled over, hands clamping over his audio receptors, teeth gritting so hard they felt like they were grinding each other down. His eyes, shut in reflex, he half-opened to see what his attacker would do next.

IC: The Matoran smiled sickly, not letting it show that the use of his disk had left him exhausted. He picked up a small knife and walked over to Kimonou, "Apologies, little one, but I'm afraid that only one of us can live. Today that is me." The knife was brought up, it's blade glinting in the sunlight. Then in one fluid movement it was brought crashing down towards Kimonou.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Except Kimonou wasn't so incapacitated as to take a blow kneeling. As the knife came down, Kimonou drew his own blade and lunged forward, the point aimed at the Matoran's chest. The knife struck Kimonou's left shoulder -- the Le-Matoran cried out in pain, but his lunge was too far along to halt now...

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: The knife hit, and the Matoran reeled back looking in shock at the blood oozing from his chest. "No, no this isn't possible, this shouldn't happen." He cried out in desperation. Before taking a few more steps backwards and collapsing on the ground.From outside the cage, Kimonou could hear other Matoran cheering.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (clearing, Le-Wahi forest):The crowd's cheers feel on half-deaf audio receptors. Kimonou, still stunned by the sonic shockwave, stayed kneeling on the ground a meter from the fallen Matoran's body. He was breathing hard. Liquid dripped down his shoulder from the knife wound; using his hands, Kimonou followed the wound back and found it extended almost to the small of his back.Which meant he couldn't lie down, lest he dirty his wound and run the risk of infection. Fireflyers swirled beyond his field of vision. He felt like he had been the one stabbed in the chest, so hard were his lungs working to ensure he obtained his necessary share of air. Ringing filled his mind: white noise to distract him from his bad condition.What would happen now?"Mata Nui, get me out of here," muttered Kimonou.

IC (clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou would have lashed out at the approaching Matoran, but he was far, far too weary. Trapped in the vice-like grip of semi-consciousness, he barely noticed as his pain began to recede. His adrenaline-induced tunnel vision had yet to wear off... or maybe this wasn't tunnel vision, but the beginning of a collapse into unconsciousness.His eyelids weighed a million pounds, and yet, somehow, he lifted them. The three Matoran kneeling around him were busy, rubbing herbal ailments over Kimonou's wounds to clean them and then applying cloth bandages. He blinked, suddenly coming awake and acquiring a wave of vertigo on the way."Wha's next?" came two gasps that, if listened to closely, could be interpreted as a question.

IC (inside a cage, clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Kimonou simply collapsed into the cubic mesh of metal. The blood was caking along his shoulder, making the whole area stiff. While the Le-Matoran was awake, he still felt sluggish; his tongue was a bar of lead, and his limbs far heavier. It would be better to rest. Yes, just rest a while... it wouldn't hurt...His adrenaline levels drained, Kimonou fell asleep.

OOC: Wow I've neglected this. :|IC: Aizoah / Frozen Winds ShrineAiazoah turned to Vrinlath and said, "Alright... whatever this is, it's some sort of elemental energy font. I've seen them before - they alter the enviornment. I heard some scattered rumors that the toa used them to make the island more malleable when they were creating it. What do you know?"IC: Jeldrax / Leaving City of FireWith the others behind, Jeldrax marched out beyond the City of Fire into the surrounding area, the path to antispire now determined.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Lif"So basically you're saying that they are power conduits for the Toa. Interesting..." I mused once more writing something in my journal. It was all very fascinating.IC: RamanoxRamanox walked alongside Jedrax, finally we're moving.IC: When Kimonou awoke, he would find that the majority of his wounds had healed, but he would also find that his cage was in front of another arena. It seemed the fighting was not yet done.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Vrinlath/Frozen Winds ShrineIC:

"We used it to create some virtual images and such. Using vapor, electricity, and a few other element, we could visually describe the subject. Also kept the room cooled or heated. But you might be wondering about any historical significance? This one was created by Kaccio. Probably has some of his energy, which might be used to reverse-engineer a tracking device or something of the like. Or maybe I don't understand the subject about which I'm talking," said Vrinlath with a shrug.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Aiazoah / Frozen Winds Shrine"Perhaps." Aiazoah said. "It certainly has left a lasting impact on the land - the toa placed some of their power into it, that is for certain."Stepping gingerly out onto the ice, she moved closer to the statue. It was even colder up close - not teeth-chattering, but extremely cold.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC:Ardor:No one on the island would ever learn of his existence. Because shortly after he randomly appeared on the island he would vanish. That day he walked through the forest and was surrounded in a ball of bright, blue light and he disappeared.Aphotic:She had lived here a while but she never really fit in. And on this day she would disappear. She simply vanished without a trace.Glacier:He ran from a large wild beast. It looked strikingly similar to a tiger. But he would fail to outrun this beast and he would be killed by the wild animal but he would slay the beast at the same time as he was killed.OOC: Sorry never really got into the story and I don't like leaving characters or loose ends laying around.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]Vasilc watched the water-based battle with a look of concern. "Uh, is there anything I can do to help? I have a disk that lets me create plantlife!" She said to Windfly hurriedly. Oceanic peril was a good ice-breaker.

IC: Jeldrax / Walking from CoF to Antispire"A few," Jeldrax said in reply. "But half of them would make an Elder grab his weapons, thinking we were out on a head hunt, and the other half would leave us all deaf. You can hardly consider me a singer."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Grochi:Grochi, after throwing something at captain Japack to make him stop confusing the creature, was having quite a bit of fun riding around on it now, ducking and diving, jumping and splashing the two left on the ship. He made the beast stop next to the ship, and he looked up at Windfly and Vasilc."Why ever would you want to tie him up?" Grochi said happily, smiling. "Why, I just managed to calm him down! He shouldn't hurt us anymore." Saying this, Grochi stepped off the back of the large rahi and climbed up the anchor rope, getting on deck. He watched happily as the turtle-rahi swam off in the direction of the larger sea, and he turned back to the other three on the ship."There," he said triumphantly, "Problem solved."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: When Kimonou awoke, he would find that the majority of his wounds had healed, but he would also find that his cage was in front of another arena. It seemed the fighting was not yet done.

IC (arena, clearing, Le-Wahi forest):Awakening came slowly.Kimonou blinked as consciousness returned. The bliss of unconsciousness slipped away from him; he found himself wishing he could stay sleeping, perhaps even slip into a coma, if only to avoid more exertion.But then he sat up straight. Stay asleep? What cowardly Brakas would wish that?Bring it on. He stood up, checked his belt for his blade, checked his back for his disk, and waited for his cage to be opened.

Japack leaped onto the deck, having climbed up the same rope in only moments. When he was standing straight and had managed to force his dagger into its sheath, he stood for a few moments, taking deep breaths. His fists clenched and unclenched multiple times before he finalloy opened his eyes and punched Grochi in the face. "Ye... flippin'... cool dude... I'm tempted t' kick ye off da ship now! I was doin' fine, until ye decided t' try and TAME da thin'. Now, I gots me a broken rib - a' least it feels like it - and a ship tha' has a hole in it! FIX IT! BEFORE WE LOSE EVERYTHIN' T' DA WATER!" he roared in Grochi's face, having seem a small hole in the side of the ship. Sure enough, if the matoran looked below, he would see water pouring in from the small hole, with the floor already covered by an inch.Windfly leaped back as the captain began yelling in Grochi's face. She just hoped that this would get settled quickly. Furthermore, she hoped that the strange rahi had decided to leave for good and wasn't just licking its wounds.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]With a jolt of surprise as she noticed the freshly-made hole in the side of the boat, Vasilc willed a large, thick leaf to sprout from her open palm. She pressed it against the leak, plugging the gap. Thankfully the hole wasn't too large, so the flow of water wasn't difficult to resist."That seems to have done it. But maybe one of you should create a more permanent fix for this. I, um, I can't stand here forever."

With teeth clenched and hands in a death-grip around the wheel so as to not punch Grochi again, Japack nodded to Vasilc. With a sigh, he managed to quietly say, "Thanks... Could ye provide a few boards fer Grochi t' fix it properly?"

IC: Calik - City of Fire - Talking to OuraCalik stood up, brushing his hands off, 'Depends on the people.'He cracked a solemn smile, asking in strange tone, 'So, do you have a destination or something, or are just planning on beginning an ethics debate with anyone who talks to you?'-Void

IC Oura - City of Fire - Talking to Calik:"Funny, but no, I don't have any destination to go to, I wander the island, helping any that are in need," he said, also standing up. -Oura

IC-Grochi:"Sure," Grochi said happily, looking over at the captain. "I'd be happy to fix it." Saying this, he walked down the deck.Woo, he thought, it's really dark down here, isn't it? He scrounged around for a bit, found a small board and some tar. After rubbing his rather sensitive nose for a moment, he got to work patching up the hull in the hole.Finished, he walked back up to the deck, and looked over at the captain. He was back in his routine, piloting the ship, not having too much trouble. "You know," he said, walking up to the captain, "If you had a broken rib, I don't think you'd be quite so energetic and what-not, do you?" He then smirked. "By the way, I highly doubt you'd lose your cargo to the water, seeing as the seams are all coated with enough tar to be effectively waterproof. Now, please don't hit me again, seeing as you nearly made the thing break my neck with all that sensory-scrambely mumbo-jumbo of yours." He then walked over to Windfly, deciding to strike up a conversation with her."So," He asked her, "Have you ever seen anything like that rahi before, or did you only just stick to the land?"OOC: Whoever notices my joke up there gets a virtual cookie.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: I saw it. =P

"If da ship sank, den wha', exactly, d'ye think would 'ave 'appened t' da cargo? Use whatever sense ye might got in dere," said Japack, grinding his teeth on the rim of a bottle of rum. He definitely felt a ton of pain coming from his side, but he was the captain, and he wouldn't leave his ship under the command of anyone else. Vasilc would be great, but she was far too timid. The other girl seemed about the same. Grochi? He didn't even consider it for a moment."Um... Yes. I went to the shore many times, and even swam a good deal. They are very vicious rahi, and if anything is in their territory, they won't stop attacking. I believe we either left its territory, or it is preparing to resume its attacks..." responded Windfly, a certain look of fear in her eyes.

[iC: Vasilc ~ Ga-Wahi]As Grochi repaired the hole properly Vasilc pulled her hand away, bringing the leaf with it. She relented her hold over the element of plantlife, but rather than re-absorbing the leaf she just decided to keep it. It might be handy. She rolled it up and decended into the hold, wedging it between two crates before returning to the deck."... either left its territory, or it is preparing to resume its attacks..." Windfly's comment made her think for a moment. Then, looking up at Japack, she asked: "Can you increase the speed of this ship at all? I mean, in case we ever need to sail away from something really fast?"

"Well, it takes a minute t' get goin', but when she's a' top speed, da Mudflow speeds along nicely. In fact, I'd say tha' we're abou' t' reach tops. Feel da sea breeze. Always cools me anger, and refreshes me," said Japack, noticeably less tense.

IC-Grochi:"Well," Grochi said, as to the manner of cargo, "It would certainly be on the bottom of the sea. but if we got a few Ga-Matoran divers to help we'd have it back up in no time. Besides that, though, are you feeling better at all?" Grochi then looked back at Windfly perplexedly."Vicious?" He said, incredulous. "That was one of the tamest fish I've seen, besides the ones somebody might keep in a fish tank. It was just hungry. It acted almost like that one turtle-rahi that could tell the weather, whatever it was called. The thing didn't scare me one bit." As he said that, something kept nagging at his mind. "Blast it," he said angrily, "What was that rahi's name..."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Japack failed to responded with anything but a grunt. He would not put the ship in inexperienced hands."I really don't think you understood that rahi... Also, do you mean the dermis turtle?" asked Windfly. Suddenly she jumped, having caught sight of shadow in the water. It seemed to be nothing, however, and she turned back to Grochi.

OOC: Grochi doesn't want the ship, he just wants to socialize. xDIC-Grochi:Grochi shrugged and turned away from the not-very-sociable Captain Japack, and back to Windfly."Yes," he said happily, "That's the name I was looking for. And yes, I'm fairly certain I did, I recognized its species from the slight discoloration on panels of its shell, the hyper-sensitive neck ridge running down it's spine, and the large crest on its head." He was happy he finally had something he could argue with Windfly about, with both of them being knowledgeable about the topic for once.

profiles i guess