Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

So, I wore my Luna Cutie Mark shirt today. Some of my friends were trying to get me to say what the significance was, but I didn't tell.After many "Tell me"'s I wanted to break out in a Fluttershy sewing rant, but I don't have that memorized (yet).I could have also done the whole Discord "Alright, I'll tell you, but I'll only tell you my way", but didn't. Should've, though.I guess no one at my school is a fan of the show.

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I haven't heard much about it, only that it's in New York.…I mean, if I COULD go…<heavy>Mehbe, mehbe. But I have yet to meet a brony that could outquote WRIT.</heavy>Anyway. What's it really about? Just a get-together to show off art and things?

So, I wore my Luna Cutie Mark shirt today. Some of my friends were trying to get me to say what the significance was, but I didn't tell.After many "Tell me"'s I wanted to break out in a Fluttershy sewing rant, but I don't have that memorized (yet).I could have also done the whole Discord "Alright, I'll tell you, but I'll only tell you my way", but didn't. Should've, though.I guess no one at my school is a fan of the show.

*Patpat*'Tis allight. You need not worry, my friend, it makes you unique. Just because nopony at your school is a brony doesn't mean you're not awesome; it, in fact, makes you MORE awesome. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

BronyCon?What in Karzahni is that? More importantly, wouldn't that be like at comic con or something?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I haven't heard much about it, only that it's in New York.…I mean, if I COULD go…<heavy>Mehbe, mehbe. But I have yet to meet a brony that could outquote WRIT.</heavy>Anyway. What's it really about? Just a get-together to show off art and things?

Basically... multiplied by 1.2 (so it's 20% bigger? Huh? Huh? Okay.) The next one, on January 7, is supposed to have Andrea Libman, Nicole Oliver, Daniel Ingram, and Mane6. The last one had Jayson and Seth, too. Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Kinda. And some of the actual MLP people are gonna be at the one in January.

Epic

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Wow! That is pretty cool. But I don't really care either way. I mean, getting to meet them would be kinda cool, but… *Shrug* Meh. It's not worth it if the creepy part of Broniedom will be there… XD

lol. And there's also gonna be the writer of cupcakes!Yeah. That's why ComicCons scare me. d:

Shipper?

Shipper?

It's a term for a person who writes fanfiction where two or more of the characters from the show are romantically interested in eachother. The idea sounds pretty harmless, but it can actually get pretty shady in practice. -_-I've met some genuinely nice shippers, it's just the people who take it to extremes that can be a problem. Especially when people outside the fandom assume that shippers represent all bronies. :( Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Well on one hand, that idea shippers is harmless as long as it doesn't go THAT far like Spike's crush with Rarity, or like writing a fan fic where Twilight like another Unicorn that's made up, as long as it doens't go explicit it's fine.

It can get more than shady... It can get freakin messed up! :PEspecially certain pairs. >.<Seriously, pairing Snips, or Snails, with anypony should be a sin.

Fix'd (I actually kinda like Snails and Twist BTW, not as a serious thing, but more as a elementary-school-oh-look-we're-married type of thing)But I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :P Octavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head). Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

It can get more than shady... It can get freakin messed up! :PEspecially certain pairs. >.<Seriously, pairing Snips, or Snails, with anypony should be a sin.

Fix'dBut I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :POctavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everyone says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
…No comment.

It can get more than shady... It can get freakin messed up! :PEspecially certain pairs. >.<Seriously, pairing Snips, or Tails, with anypony should be a sin.

Preach it, brutha! :POn that subject, would the same standard go for Spike? Or is he special?
I don't really like SpikexRarity. Well, I mean, I like Spike having a crush on Rarity, but the species and age barriers make it something Rarity wouldn't even consider, although Secret of my Excess shows she at least knows about it now.

Fix'dBut I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :P Octavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
…No comment.
Don't tell me this isn't adorable. Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

I'd think Rarity and Spike would be the most well-accepted, since it's actually canon (on Spike's end, anyways). As far as other ships, I typically like them, even though I don't read fanfiction too much. I think Big McIntosh is used as a generic male too much, except with Fluttershy. I like Rainbow Dash and Applejack, but not Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It can get more than shady... It can get freakin messed up! :PEspecially certain pairs. >.<Seriously, pairing Snips, or Tails, with anypony should be a sin.

Preach it, brutha! :POn that subject, would the same standard go for Spike? Or is he special?
I don't really like SpikexRarity. Well, I mean, I like Spike having a crush on Rarity, but the species and age barriers make it something Rarity wouldn't even consider, although Secret of my Excess shows she at least knows about it now.

Fix'dBut I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :POctavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
…No comment.
Don't tell me this isn't adorable.
It isn't. Seriously, that isn't. That's creepy. >.<

Mind telling me what's so creepy about it? I don't really see how the two most adorable ponies on the show hugging each other is creepy.

It's just… They're being shipped. That fact. That preconception totally ruins those otherwise adorable images. :/

Fix'd (I actually kinda like Snails and Twist BTW, not as a serious thing, but more as a elementary-school-oh-look-we're-married type of thing)But I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :POctavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
here's the problem with shipping: it's lazy, it's boring, in almost never works, and it shows that the author has no creative ways to make romance fics.

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

Come on you guys, shipping cartoon flash animated ponies based on a toy line intended for little girls isn't for everyone.Also, not shipping cartoon flash animated ponies based on a toy line intended for little girls isn't for everyone (because said shipping, when done correctly, is really really cute. ^///^; )In the immortal words of Pinkiepie; "Well, duh!"Anyway, I've had Pinkiepie's parasprite polka stuck in my head for a while now. XD Such a catchy song. ^^ Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

^^No, I'm just trying to understand why they're so opposed to shipping. Or certain kinds of it.

No, it's the ponies being shipped. Specifically, the gender.…Yah, yah, flame me for being a close-minded freak. That kind of stuff just freaks me out, to be honest. >.<

Love and Tolerance

Really though, there's not much choice when you can count the number of male characters on the show on two hooves, including the fanon characters and the baby dragon. :P

Fix'd (I actually kinda like Snails and Twist BTW, not as a serious thing, but more as a elementary-school-oh-look-we're-married type of thing)But I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :POctavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
here's the problem with shipping: it's lazy, it's boring, in almost never works, and it shows that the author has no creative ways to make romance fics.
Examples? How is shipping lazy, how does it not work, and how does it show a lack of creativity? (Boring I'll skip over since that's a matter of personal opinion) Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Anyway, I've had Pinkiepie's parasprite polka stuck in my head for a while now. XD Such a catchy song. ^^

Yeah, I went for about three days with that thing stuck in my head every waking moment. Unfortunately, that produced chronic grinning, which many people find creepy for some reason. :shrugs: Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Yeah, I went for about three days with that thing stuck in my head every waking moment. Unfortunately, that produced chronic grinning, which many people find creepy for some reason. :shrugs:

I know, right? I'm allowed to be happy about ponies if I want! ... Right? O.o XPBy the way, the quote in your sig is fabulous. XD

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

A lot of shipping stories I've read so far, whether they're stallion/mare or mare/mare or stallion/stallion (ok, I haven't read any of those yet :P), have been done right, imo.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Fix'dBut I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :POctavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
…No comment.
Don't tell me this isn't adorable.
HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG! *asplode* *ded*

I have no problem with homosexual pairings in MLP, not only because I think homophobia is stupid and pointless, but because all male characters in the show are annoying, boring or plain dumb. The only exceptions are Discord, who is Discord, and Spike, who is a baby.Anyways I don't *really* ship ponies in any serious fashion or read fanfiction, but FlutterDash is the best possible thing.

AXKP5KC.png

I have no problem with homosexual pairings in MLP, not only because I think homophobia is stupid and pointless, but because all male characters in the show are annoying, boring or plain dumb. The only exceptions are Discord, who is Discord, and Spike, who is a baby.Anyways I don't *really* ship ponies in any serious fashion or read fanfiction, but FlutterDash is the best possible thing.

Oh yeah, FlutterDash is all right too, provided you do it right.Speaking of which, I didn't read any FlutterDash from Rarity and Spike getting caught by them, but it seems everyone else did judging by the discussions. Was it just me?
19704_s.gif