Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

^^What about LunaxAbacus? IT'S THE BEST!

...What?

Dash gave Fluttershy a look when they picked up the cloth to save Rarity and Spike, and some ponies interpreted that as potential FlutterDash.:ponyshrug: I didn't really see it though. Maybe as friendshipping, considering how long they've known each other, but nothing much more.

I don't really approve of GirlXGirl things :uhuh:

D=Not even Lyra and Bon Bon?But everypony loves Lyra and Bon Bon!
I see it more as a roommate thing, with Bonbon being interested in Lyra but Lyra either being attracted to guys or not noticing at all, similar to how Rarity was with Spike. I guess I just think it's funnier that way :P Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

Personally I only hate girlxgirl when it really isn't possible. Twixie is one of those times, why because both are pretty much enemies. Now don't get wrong I don't hate it as much as DracoxHarry and Twixie can be done well, but if I see Twixie or RarityxRainbow Dash (does anyone even ship that) I avoid it.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

... Oh...That's kinda stupid. Saying looking at each other means love. :P

It's not just the glances though. It's the whole "I'm racing fro Fluttershy's honor" thing, not to mention how uncharacteristically excited Fluttershy was when Dash made the Rainboom, and when she wanted a pet.This is the kind of details a shipper like me takes out somewhat out of context in order to have a case.

AXKP5KC.png

Personally I only hate girlxgirl when it really isn't possible. Twixie is one of those times, why because both are pretty much enemies. Now don't get wrong I don't hate it as much as DracoxHarry and Twixie can be done well, but if I see Twixie or RarityxRainbow Dash (does anyone even ship that) I avoid it.
I pretty much agree with your points here; unless someone has a really good reason for Twixie or RariDash, I don't really buy it. And that's an important part of a shipfic IMO, believability of the ship.(this would be a really good time for that "most realistic ship" pic but I can't find it aldfjow;agnk;)
19704_s.gif

I pretty much agree with your points here; unless someone has a really good reason for Twixie or RariDash, I don't really buy it. And that's an important part of a shipfic IMO, believability of the ship.(this would be a really good time for that "most realistic ship" pic but I can't find it aldfjow;agnk;)
Unrealistic/Random ships are dumb regardless of the sexuality of those shipped. That has nothing to do with it at all.

AXKP5KC.png

It's not just the glances though. It's the whole "I'm racing fro Fluttershy's honor" thing, not to mention how uncharacteristically excited Fluttershy was when Dash made the Rainboom, and when she wanted a pet.This is the kind of details a shipper like me takes out somewhat out of context in order to have a case.
I'm pretty sure she'd get excited like that for any of her friends, and why wouldn't she want to give another pet a home?

I'm pretty sure she'd get excited like that for any of her friends, and why wouldn't she want to give another pet a home?
Because I said so.I said so is why.And also because like I said, these details are overanalyzed for the purposes of shipping.

AXKP5KC.png

RarityxRainbow Dash (does anyone even ship that)

Rainbow Dash is shipped with everything.No exceptions.
I remember there was a picture that shipped Dash with a kitchen sink. (Y'know, "everything but the kitchen sink?")
Ah Calamity I was gonna say that. I remember that picture back when the majority of fans were mostly male (I'm statistician so don't qoute me)

...weirdo.:P jk-ishSo, are there any famous bronies?

Jacob Minkoff, the lead designer of the critically acclaimed Uncharted series.Bill Clinton possible (please keep topic on Ponies)The guys who run the MLPFiM fan site There's probably more but I'm just too lazy to look.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

It can get more than shady... It can get freakin messed up! :PEspecially certain pairs. >.<Seriously, pairing Snips, or Snails, with anypony should be a sin.

Fix'dBut I don't see a problem with shipping. I'm okay with FlutterMac and TwiMac, and FlutterPie and RainbowPie if it's done right (Ask Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie <3). Lyra and Bonbon I don't ship, though; I find Lyra being completely oblivious to Bonbon's advances a lot funnier. :POctavia, however, is harder to pinpoint... she doesn't really seem like a match for Vinyl like everypony says (although the Ask Octavia canon may just be ingrained in my head).
…No comment.
Don't tell me this isn't adorable.
Sure, it is. But it isn't flat-out homosexual. I hug other guys. I've shared a drink with my brother. But I am sure as anything not homosexual.Topic change: Cupca- *shot*Real topic change: So the weather's nice, huh?Real topic change: So, anyone on here writing any good fics?

I think Shad means famous outside the fandom.So Stephen Colbert, Bill Clinton, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. :P

I knew about Stephen Colbert, and I heard a radio talkshow regarding ponies and Clinton. Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Real topic change: So, anyone on her writing any good fics?

Assuming you mean "here", I've often wondered how Doctor Whooves would handle the Cutie Mark Crusaders. As of yet I haven't found a fic like that, and all but a few major plot points and details are in flux, but I STILL LAY CLAIM TO IT. I'll probably get around to writing it eventually.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It can get more than shady... It can get freakin messed up! :PEspecially certain pairs. >.<Seriously, pairing Snips, or Tails, with anypony should be a sin.

C'mon now; don't count poor Snips and Snails out of the picture. They could grow up to be beautiful stallions... someday... maybe?I don't have a problem with the idea of shipping in MLP. It's not really like in Bionicle, where it wasn't feasible (and I'm even one of the ones who thinks there's nothing wrong with shipping in Bionicle, as platonic relationships can still be considered "ships"). In MLP, we know for a fact that romance exists; there are obviously parents with children, and Rarity herself hoped to find true love at the Gala (although that really didn't work out for her). Rarity and Spike is practically canon (although how two-sided it is is up for debate). And I don't have a problem with same-sex ships, just as I don't have a problem with same-sex relationships in real life. That said, there are no real ships involving the Mane six that I recognize, except for of course Rarity and Spike.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I have no problem with homosexual pairings in MLP, not only because I think homophobia is stupid and pointless, but because all male characters in the show are annoying, boring or plain dumb. The only exceptions are Discord, who is Discord, and Spike, who is a baby.Anyways I don't *really* ship ponies in any serious fashion or read fanfiction, but FlutterDash is the best possible thing.

Sigh, lets get this out of the way. Homophobia refers to people who openly resent and/or protest against homosexuals. What is not homophobia is saying that one has moral reservations about homosexuality, or simply saying that it isn't entertaining for them.Love and tolerance, guys. :) Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

...I kinda want to read a Photo Finish x Hoity Toity (HoityFinish? PhotoToity?) ship fic now.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Yeah, ponies are in the Equus genus anyway.

I see what you did there...<Pinkie Pie> forEEVerrrrr...</Pinkie Pie>

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So anywho, who thought Twilight was related to Celestia when they saw the first episode?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I'm not a homophobe; it just doesn't agree with me. Let's put it this way: they like heavy metal, I like classical. *Shrug* Just different preferences, however much I disagree with it, I can't force them to change, and I'm against forcing change anyways. Moving on…I didn't. I did a little reading up on it before I watched, though, so I knew what the mane 6's names were and a few other things. I just assumed Twilight Sparkle was just a student. *Shrug*

Anywho…What do you guys think of Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor? Honestly, I can't wait to see what their role is about. And why there are more than 2 Alicorns in Equestria.

They have potential, I guess. :P

HNNG…Goshdarnit. These ponies, they drive me to merch!

I know that feeling! *glances at his brushable Rainbow Dash*brushie brushie brushie brushie brushie

f9Qcky7.png

Anywho…What do you guys think of Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor? Honestly, I can't wait to see what their role is about. And why there are more than 2 Alicorns in Equestria.

They have potential, I guess. :P

HNNG…Goshdarnit. These ponies, they drive me to merch!

I know that feeling! *glances at his brushable Rainbow Dash*brushie brushie brushie brushie brushie
They have potential to be awesome, or fail. I'm betting on awesome.I don't have any ponies yet. Not show-accurate enough. :P

Either relatives of Celestia/Luna, or rulers of another country. Maybe both.I can't see anything other scenario working out.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Guys, this isn't moral and ethics discovery time. It's a topic about a show about ponies.Let's move on.

Oh, but reading too much into things is what I do best! :PAnywho, I always try not to avoid speculating on characters before they debut. Unless they happen to be Discord, Luna, Prince Blueblood, Dinky Hooves, Carrot Top/Golden Harvest, Lauren Faust's personal character....oh who am I kidding, I speculate about everypony. ;) Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Eh, Bill Clinton getting those MLP questions right was pretty funny, but I hardly think that makes him a fan of the show. The questions he was given (regarding cutie marks, Rarity and Nightmare Moon) were pretty easy ones that were rather logical choices when you consider the other options (prompt me and I can list the questions and answers)Also, on the subject of fan-fics, I will admit I've been envisioning a Doctor Who crossover where the 11th Doctor (with Amy and Rory) find a cross-universe route to the MLP universe, land the TARDIS in Twilight's basement, end up meeting Doctor Whooves (who I would think of as a Time Lord who got lost there long ago) and have to deal with some bad guys from the Doctor Who universe who try to take over Equestria. I think it sounds cool, but seeing as I am not a Doctor Who fan, I don't really want to try writing it in fear of massively misintrepeting the Doctor Who canon.Also, by matter of personal preference, I wouldn't transform the Doctor Who characters into ponies when they manifest in Equestria. I don't like to think that would happen automatically upon entering their world (Doctor Whooves just became a pony due to regeneration mumbo-jumbo).

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.