Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I liked the idea of Rarity's generosity reversing Spike's greed. I was pretty satisfied with the episode, all in all.

Also, anyone in here read Hiatus?

More like Spike's generosity reversed his own greed. The more Rarity I see the less I understand how she got assigned the element of generosity. But it's a kids show. It doesn't have to make sense.Episode was overall okay. The best part was easily Applejack's 'get my rope' line.

If you haven't noticed, all the main six display aspects that completely go against their element at times. I like it, it gives the characters more depth so they can't just be summed up in one word. Sure, Rarity coerced Spike to give her that gem, but she also gives clothes to her friends... well, just twice. But still.
I'm not opposed to characters going against their element (it's the only thing so far that made me interested in Pinkie Pie), but for Rarity it seems to go beyond that into being her entire personality (at least in this season). But your point still rings true, I'll admit. If these characters were the perfect embodiments of their elements they wouldn't be very fun to watch, would they?

I don't ever recall any instance where Twilight hasn't represented Magic, Pinkie Pie hasn't represented Laughter, Rainbow Dash hasn't represented Loyalty, or when Fluttershy hasn't represented Kindness. The only ones I can see going against their Elements are Rarity (that usually only comes with very rare gems) and Applejack (see The Show Stoppers. And I guess that one doesn't really count, because she didn't say anything to the CMC), and that's not counting Discord's corruption, of course.

Twilight - Her misuse of magic in 2.03, I think, goes against what magic is supposed to stand for judging by Celestia's angry glare when she arrived on scene.Pinkie - See 'Party of One'Fluttershy - See 'Best Night Ever'Rainbow Dash - See 'Griffon the Brush Off.' It takes a while for her to find her loyalty towards Pinkie.Applejack - See 'Applebuck Season.' Part of honesty is being honest with yourself.But with Rarity it goes beyond a small one time event and is a pretty large part of her personality. Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I noticed there was a lot of pony stuff going on here...thought it was a fad. After a while, I decided to find out what's up with this, with good old Google. Decided I might as well see this thing myself. Love it. Though definitely not as much as Harry Potter.I guess I can't be a brony, 'cause I'm a girl, are there any puns for teenaged girls who like this?Also, this is a ridiculously large amount of pages...=)

Welcome to the herd and yes we do have a title for girls who like the show. They're called a Pegasisters, but some consider Brony to include all genders.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Twilight - Her misuse of magic in 2.01, I think, goes against what magic is supposed to stand for judging by Celestia's angry glare when she arrived on scene.Pinkie - See 'Party of One'Fluttershy - See 'Best Night Ever'Rainbow Dash - See 'Griffon the Brush Off.' It takes a while for her to find her loyalty towards Pinkie.Applejack - See 'Applebuck Season.' Part of honesty is being honest with yourself.But with Rarity it goes beyond a small one time event and is a pretty large part of her personality.

Thanks for not making me write that out.I would also point to Twilight's obsessive use of logic, which can kind of take the magic out of things - most notable in Feeling Pinkie Keen.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I noticed there was a lot of pony stuff going on here...thought it was a fad. After a while, I decided to find out what's up with this, with good old Google. Decided I might as well see this thing myself. Love it. Though definitely not as much as Harry Potter.I guess I can't be a brony, 'cause I'm a girl, are there any puns for teenaged girls who like this?Also, this is a ridiculously large amount of pages...=)

Welcome to the herd and yes we do have a title for girls who like the show. They're called a Pegasisters, but some consider Brony to include all genders.
Yes, welcome to the string, pegasis. :)As for Spike, he's a cool enough character. Particularly in the episodes that focus on him, like when he was competing against Owlicious.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Yes, welcome to the string, pegasis. :)As for Spike, he's a cool enough character. Particularly in the episodes that focus on him, like when he was competing against Owlicious.
Yay, I'm a pegasister! Thanks guys.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Does anybody here dislike Spike? I've never understood why he's in the series, and he just seems like a bad character to me.And the fact that he's three years old and some sort of servant is really weird. It's like they're promoting child labor or something. hehe.png

I've always felt like he was sort of the "voice of reason" whenever one of the ponies goes loopy. (Which is essentially every episode.) Plus, some librarians do have assistants, so I guess that's sort of normal-ish.And dragons do age differently. Apparently.But yeah, I see where you're coming from. I don't dislike him, but he's not a favorite of mine either. There's really no great quality about his character.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

USPS has nothing on Spike. XDAnyway, I liked the new episode. I knew he was going to shrink back down, but I really, really wanted to see Spike stay an adult. =/ Ah well. And Rarity cannot feel any romantic intentions with Spike! D= Remember FancyPants, Rarity! FancyPants! XPAlso, finally got my other brother, Akano, to watch My Little Pony. He's starting from the beginning and watched the first three episodes. It is only a matter of time. XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

^ would be fun."Hey Everyone!! This year the Emmy's they are asking for an "Optional informational essay, up to 200 words, explaining why you believe the entry is Emmy-worthy. The summary, which will be included on the ballot as an accompaniment to the viewing material, may comprise a technical description as a guide to judges, along with any challenges that were met in the submission episode or Special." Many of you are great writers, so pick your fave song from 2011 and email me your 200 word essay of why you think it's Emmy worthy. Send to daniel@danielingrammusic.com"Fascinating. The following songs are eligible:Art of the DressHush Now LullabyAt The GalaMay the Best Pet WinBecoming PopularToo bad Winter Wrap Up isn't eligible, since it's from 2010. :(

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

^ would be fun."Hey Everyone!! This year the Emmy's they are asking for an "Optional informational essay, up to 200 words, explaining why you believe the entry is Emmy-worthy. The summary, which will be included on the ballot as an accompaniment to the viewing material, may comprise a technical description as a guide to judges, along with any challenges that were met in the submission episode or Special." Many of you are great writers, so pick your fave song from 2011 and email me your 200 word essay of why you think it's Emmy worthy. Send to daniel@danielingrammusic.com"Fascinating. The following songs are eligible:Art of the DressHush Now LullabyAt The GalaMay the Best Pet WinBecoming PopularToo bad Winter Wrap Up isn't eligible, since it's from 2010. :(

Oh wow, I'd pick Art of the Dress or Becoming Popular, if only because they were Rarity songs. (and she has such a great singing voice.) Probably the former though. I'm not exactly sure what I should write though.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

So... Who thinks were gonna get more of the SpikexRarity shipping in later episodes?

I doubt we'll get anything too extreme... he is still just a baby. But it'd be cute if they started doing more together. In any case their relationship should be a little less one-sided now.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

USPS has nothing on Spike. XDAnyway, I liked the new episode. I knew he was going to shrink back down, but I really, really wanted to see Spike stay an adult. =/ Ah well. And Rarity cannot feel any romantic intentions with Spike! D= Remember FancyPants, Rarity! FancyPants! XPAlso, finally got my other brother, Akano, to watch My Little Pony. He's starting from the beginning and watched the first three episodes. It is only a matter of time. XP

My older sis got me to watch like in november, but Ironically Ifeel like 'i've been once since it started. ANywho, almost done with all of season and finished the forseable episodes of season 2.

I got to much on my hands to do this, but At the Gala, and Art of the dress.Because:-Rarity's singinng was in both of them (Dang I love that voice!)-The gala was another song to showcase every main pony, loved RD's solo, but everytime Fulltershy sings...reminds me of Madeline...- Idk why spike doesn't singSo yea.

So... Who thinks were gonna get more of the SpikexRarity shipping in later episodes?

I doubt we'll get anything too extreme... he is still just a baby. But it'd be cute if they started doing more together. In any case their relationship should be a little less one-sided now.
I've waited since I saw the first episode for this!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I, representative of the BZP staff, can't keep people from mentioning it since it does not break any rules. I'm also not going to go all George Orwell over the use of the word "Cupcakes", because that's just silly.You just can't, obviously, discuss it at length in this topic.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Ok, here I go, I'm gonna get it over with. I'm reading Cupcakes today, please try to talk me out of it. :P

Eat cupcakes while you do it. It makes it so much better.If it won an Emmy, that'd be epic.
I hope it never does :wired: Holy skyrim theme!? Awesome /)^3^( <I love that face

this topic is getting more pages of posts than the ones that deserve them.no, i don't hate my little pony. i'm a brony. just saying that this is soaking up poeple's time on things that need it.

What needs it more? Really, I love reading this topic after browsing the rest of BZP. It provides a nice contrast to the people still butthurt over BIONICLE ending, or the cynics who'll criticize anything that takes its place. Here you have people just talking about something that genuinely makes them happy.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Could please stop talking about deviant MLP fan stories?!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis