Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Cider. They got away with putting cider in a show for little girls. It could have been worse. On the episode for the first noticeable time we have two males talking to each other, that's a plus. Sadly I couldn't see all the episode (stupid live stream) but I think I saw enough to understand the episode. Poor Rainbow Dash.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Well, that was an epic episode. xD

"Ah didn't learn anything! Ah was right all along!"Just epic.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Cider. They got away with putting cider in a show for little girls. It could have been worse. On the episode for the first noticeable time we have two males talking to each other, that's a plus. Sadly I couldn't see all the episode (stupid live stream) but I think I saw enough to understand the episode. Poor Rainbow Dash.

Apple cider here can come in a non-alcoholic version, FYI. ;) Drink it all the time.
19704_s.gif

I got real Monorail-vibe off of that song. AND I LOVED IT! I can't stop listening to it.And at least we know Doctor Whooves talent now...Flipping an hour glass...Whooo...

Maybe he also makes hourglasses.Friendship Letter and Rarity sorting made me lol. Song was a bit long.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I got real Monorail-vibe off of that song. AND I LOVED IT! I can't stop listening to it.And at least we know Doctor Whooves talent now...Flipping an hour glass...Whooo...

Maybe he also makes hourglasses.Friendship Letter and Rarity sorting made me lol. Song was a bit long.

No, that's Sepia Tock. Completely different pony.

19704_s.gif

No, that's Sepia Tock. Completely different pony.

I bet the old Doc was ticked off at that.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'd like to share my thoughts with you on this episode:

I didn't learn anything!It was a pretty good episode. The ending was kind of predictable, but Apple Bloom's cuteness and Back to the Future reference redeemed it.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

... Really? I want that... o.o

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

It would be great if they actually made them have some cool options, possibly based on the characters.For example, we know some of the specs of the Twilight themed laptop, and it's pretty base. It could be like, Twilight's My First Learning Computer or something (it was surprisingly tasteful, just a pastel purple laptop with her cutie mark big and bold on the back).And the Applejack one could be really sturdy with rubber casing or something.The Rarity one could come bundled with Photoshop, and the Rainbow Dash one could be for high performance gaming... of course I'm just dreaming and they'll probably all be netbooks.But I saw the prototype of the Pinkie Pie mouse, and that's pretty want alright.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I though the episode was alright, the song was a little drawn out.Anyway, what was the Back to The Future referce? I didn't catch it. :(Also, Nopony calls Granny Smith a Scootaloo!

That was the reference, the Flim Flams calling Granny Smith a chicken.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I though the episode was alright, the song was a little drawn out.Anyway, what was the Back to The Future referce? I didn't catch it. :(Also, Nopony calls Granny Smith a Scootaloo!

That was the reference, the Flim Flams calling Granny Smith a chicken.
You could make that arguement, but you could also make the arguement that that taunt didn't originate from that movie, and thus might not be obvious to everyone.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

In the United States, at least, apple cider is more often non-alcoholic than alcoholic, almost like lemonade. I first learned about alcoholic apple cider at summer camp, where two of my cabin's counselors were from the UK, and were astonished that kids here drink apple cider. I understand that for that reason this episode has caused quite a bit of confusion in other countries! :tongue:Anyway, just saw the episode.

It was definitely a very good episode. The letter to Princess Celestia kind of disappointed me, because I feel that in an episode where nobody learns a real friendship lesson, there's no need for a letter to Celestia, and Applejack's self-satisfied letter almost sounded a bit arrogant. But at the same time, I understand that the writers probably wanted to reinforce what the "lesson" of this episode was. That the characters to whom it applied already knew it was secondary to the lesson's importance.All of the Mane Six had prominence in this episode, but it was unquestionably an Applejack episode, which made the half-hearted friendship report all the more disappointing for me. In the very least Rainbow Dash should have been given a chance to chime in and explain what she had learned (that it's better to stick by your principles even if it means losing than to abandon them for the sake of competition). I think this could have been done easily without taking attention away from Applejack, just like how in "Suited for Success" (which remains one of my favorite episodes), Twilight shared both her lesson and Rarity's at the end.The Flim-Flam brothers were amusing, and although I'm sure they were just one-shot antagonists like Trixie, they were quite amusing. As with Trixie, it would be a real treat to see them return in the future, perhaps with some new controversy-stirring business plan. Since they were so effectively run out of town by the Ponyville citizenry, it would be interesting to see them return with a legitimate money-making scheme to teach a lesson about giving even those who have disappointed you in the past a second chance to earn your trust.It's also worth noting that they are the first antagonists in the series to be given a dedicated musical number. And what a musical number it was! It was a perfect way of establishing their personalities as sleazy business-ponies perfectly willing to prey on their competition.

That was an awesome episode, and I couldn't help but laugh my socks off at Dashie's cider antics. XD And either I wasn't paying attention, or there were a few issues with the plot of the episode.Instance One: The Apple Family and Flim and Flam were competing to be the sole cider provider of Ponyville, but that wouldn't explain how they lost their farm to Flim and Flam (unless I have a completely and utterly fail memory, and they actually DID bet their farm in the competition).Instance Two: Once Flim and Flam won the competition, all they had to do was begin making good cider again to win over Ponyville, but instead they turned and hightailed it out of there at the first sight of displeased customers... even after pitching their product as much as they did? One would think they would at least try to win their customers back..."Is this some kind of sick joke?"I seriously nearly died of laughing at that scene with cider-dirt-eating Dashie. XDDOverall, a great episode, though some clarification would be much appreciated, if anyone were willing to give it.

-Skar

@Skar:I didn't really get Instance One either... They could have still sold the apples in the market, to Sugarcube Corner for their stuff, and probably to the brothers too since they didn't actually have their own apples.Instance Two though would probably have turned out so that the bad barrels weren't counted and the Apples probably would have won anyway. Not sure if the 5:3 ratio would have won it since I don't remember when the rest of the mane 6 started helping but that's probably how it would have been written.

You know, I always wondered what would happen if the Flim Flam Brothers gave the ponies apple cider from the bottom row during the end, seeing as that's the good batch.

WELP THERE GOES SWEET APPLE ACRESBut it'd probably look pretty suspicious if they were taking all the effort to get one of the bottom barrels from that huge stack of theirs. Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

@SkarlothBesides Sonic Rainboom this was one of those moments I actually felt sorry for her. I mean I laughed, but this time I was thought this is becoming unbelievably cruel for her. That's say something cause she was originally my least favorite of the main six. Now she's kind of okay.On that subject, if I had a favorite among them it would have to be Rarity mainly because of her songs. Though in all honesty I like Applejack the most. Just feel like she's a great character.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

@SkarlothBesides Sonic Rainboom this was one of those moments I actually felt sorry for her. I mean I laughed, but this time I was thought this is becoming unbelievably cruel for her. That's say something cause she was originally my least favorite of the main six. Now she's kind of okay.On that subject, if I had a favorite among them it would have to be Rarity mainly because of her songs. Though in all honesty I like Applejack the most. Just feel like she's a great character.

Don't forget Rarity seems to go through character develement a bit more, Twilight Sparkle has undergone the most development. The next episode "Read it and Weep" will hopefully change the opinions of some bronies that have a low opinion of Rainbow Dash.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I don't hate her like some fans do. However I don't think she's gotten a lot of episodes that exactly helped (i.e. we need more Dash episodes). Mare-Do-Well only seemed to change her slightly where as Rarity and to be frank (basically everybody else) have gone through more character development, more often (perhaps she's the least favorite at the studio?). The Sisterhooves Social was a big jump for Rarity, whereas Twilight Sparkle seems to have this slow and steady advancement.To think I wanted nothing to do with this fandom for awhile...I'm glad my mind has been opened to the series and its fans.

Instance One: The Apple Family and Flim and Flam were competing to be the sole cider provider of Ponyville, but that wouldn't explain how they lost their farm to Flim and Flam (unless I have a completely and utterly fail memory, and they actually DID bet their farm in the competition).

If I remember correctly, according to Applejack Sweet Apple Acres makes most of its profits off cider, so if they lost the right to sell cider they would lose the farm soon enough, and Flim and Flam would be the obvious ponies to sell it to. Granted, they wouldn't have to pack up and leave right away like they were preparing to do when it looked like they lost, so that's a bit of a plothole, but still, that's why they would lose the farm.

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

Is anyone aware that the voice actor of Snips (index.php?title=Snips&image=Snips-png) is also the voice actor of Makuta from Bionicle 1 and 2?! That's right, there is a connection between MLP:FiM and Bionicle through Lee Tockar!

There are also a bunch of other connections. Allegretto posted a lot of them here. Also connections between Gundam. Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Is anyone aware that the voice actor of Snips (index.php?title=Snips&image=Snips-png) is also the voice actor of Makuta from Bionicle 1 and 2?! That's right, there is a connection between MLP:FiM and Bionicle through Lee Tockar!

There are also a bunch of other connections. Allegretto posted a lot of them here. Also connections between Gundam.
Yea like Nuju I think voices Blueblood and Fancypants I think. I heard that Matau also voiced for either G3 or G4 Spike. No wonder there are a bunch of BIObronies!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Also, Chief Thunderhooves is Tahu Nuva from MoL and Piccolo from Dragonball Z.eeyup~

f9Qcky7.png

Also, Chief Thunderhooves is Tahu Nuva from MoL and Piccolo from Dragonball Z.eeyup~

WHAAAAAAAAAA??!?!??!?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

WHAAAAAAAAAA??!?!??!?
Eeyup, Scott McNeil, who also talked to himself sometimes in Beast Wars: Transformers and Beast Machines: Transformers as Dinobot (in BW), Rattrap, Silverbolt and Waspinator. :P Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Seems like Lauren Faust knows that some of the actors were in BIONICLE movies, which ergo some biofans would love the show which is working. Either way, BIONICLE and Ponies now have this weird but awesome relationship...

Na that wasn't likely the reason why. These people have done more than the Bionicle movies. Still I don't know if she was responsible for casting, seems like they would have a casting director or producer to handle stuff like that and Lauren would talk to them when it came down to episodes.Too bad she's consulting producer, though this season has been very good.Though with Scott McNeil now I know why Tahu sounded so much like Piccolo in that movie.

I like Chris Sabat as Piccolo more, but that's just me. Scott McNeil will forever hold a special place in my heart for Duo Maxwell, though.On topic I think overall I've liked season 1 more than 2. Not saying season 2 hasn't had its share of good eps but just me. Season 2 is just a bit... different from 1.

19704_s.gif

Well everyone knows that Lauren Faust stepped down to the consulting role because she had an unfortunate lack of control over this season. Considering her work on the previous season and her work in general you think Hasbro would allow her the creative control. Well at least that's what I remember. Apparently Big Machintosh was supposed to have his own episode (but being a girl's show mainly) it was turned down.I have a lot of respect for her, it's lot of work to fix a franchise.Maybe her other project, Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls will start gaining more support. Since that's what she was originally trying to pitch (or something similar). Instead she was asked to fix MLP (cause let's face it, you wouldn't be interested in My Little Pony if it wasn't for FiM).

Edited by The Mask