The Official Minecraft Topic

WHOAWHOAWHOA hold your horses there.Aquadude is an IRL friend of mine and I swear on my mother's future grave that he would never grief. We had just gotten off of a server where we were being griefed, he would never force that on anyone. He also asked me if griefing was allowed on the server; when I told him no he was immensely relieved.Furthermore, I was on skype with him while he was playing. He uses the microphone on his computer, so I hear echo of everything on his screen. I didn't hear any explosions echo with him bar the occasional creeper. Beyond that, I was working on a vending machine adjacent to the explosion when it happened, hearing it go off twice would have gotten my attention.Tl;dr, he did not do it. Sorry if that was a bit ranty, but there is no way he would do it. :P

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

And yet there was all the material required for TNT in the mine where he was. At the moment, the evidence points more towards him than anyone else.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

And yet there was all the material required for TNT in the mine where he was. At the moment, the evidence points more towards him than anyone else.

The ravine mine?I'm not entirely sure where he was the whole time...he was talking about making a house, not sure where. I'll check with him tommorow.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Well, suffice it to say that we presently have no evidence linking IR to the two bombings.Given the relatively trivial amount of damage, I think the main take-away from this is that we need BlockLog on this server.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

okay here, leme get something straight. Especially for you Beardy.The "Mods" on this server. are Me, Josh2919, Mewbro123, Bushybrazzz, Darkwolf101, Shadow88240 and Vincster666.Not you Beardy, not Tenbrae, Just the few I mentioned before, I OP'd you in hope that you could keep the BZP side of the server down pat. who ever erase pixel - You griefed.This server is Not Just for BZPower and it never will BE just for BZPower, A few months ago I said I would look into making a server for BZPower, but that just never became the cast, I decided that I would give you guys some extra leway here since no one else had made a server for this wonderful for the most part forum.IF you don't help pay for the server you are not a moderator.also the Build teams have till the 1st of April to finish up before your all de-creative'd and De-op'd

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Isn't there a possibility that the insensitive nasty stuff made was done by non-BZPers?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Replace the word "mods" with "operators" and it's correct.I consider constructing something like what was at Pixel to be griefing, not removing it. If you disagree that strongly with me for saying so, feel free to ban me.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Is this server talk about a Bzpower community run server? I haven't been here in awhile. Is there a whitelist or can anyone join?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

It's a server on which BZP members are allowed to play. Those running the server have no actual affiliation with BZP.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It's a server on which BZP members are allowed to play. Those running the server have no actual affiliation with BZP.

Alright then. I'll check it out quickly before I go to bed tonight, and have a proper look tomorrow :)

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

The platform designed to accommodate pixel art has been rebuilt, to the approximate dimensions of the original.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I will set a warp to the nether, after that, you won't really need portals..

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Yeah, the Nether Portals are kind of funky. They all link up to the same portal in the Nether, which, in turn, links up to a single portal in the overworld. I haven't used the exit portal on this map yet, so I have yet to see just exactly where the portal drops us off in the overworld.Also, it should be noted that I've found what appears to be a suitable site for Ta-Koro - the Koro that I judged would require the most use of OP powers. Give yourself Map 27 (/give [playername] map:27 1) if you're an OP, or request that an OP give you the map, and check for a grey spot in the upper-middle. it will require some conversion and build-up, but the naturally-spawned terrain is a good start. The following factors led me to choose this site

• [*]Pre-existing hilly terrain[*]Desert environment means it will never rain there - a favorable condition for Ta-Koro[*]Reasonably close to Po-Koro

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hey tenebrae, quick question but you do know that your nether portal is linked to mine right? and presumably by extension everybody else's portalsYou also do know that the same portal leads to an underground cave in the middle of nowhere?

*asifiwasignorant*I did some Nether portal building, and I built one nearer to BZ-Metru, and it went to the original Nether place.And I do know about the mineshaft.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Hey tenebrae, quick question but you do know that your nether portal is linked to mine right? and presumably by extension everybody else's portalsYou also do know that the same portal leads to an underground cave in the middle of nowhere?

*asifiwasignorant*I did some Nether portal building, and I built one nearer to BZ-Metru, and it went to the original Nether place.And I do know about the mineshaft.
Cool.It's just that I have no clue where the original portal is in relation, and that's where the obsidian farm and netherwart farms are.PS= so who left the diamonds in the community chests?

If it's alright, I'd like to request just a little bit of an extension for the build-team. Le-Koro's fine, Po-Koro's practically up-and-running, and Ta and Ko-Koro just need people to start building there, but Onu-Koro needs a lot of work, and that means precise, high-powered tools.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The main cavern needs to be smoothed out a lot - right now it's a bit ugly, due to my excavation method. It's nestled in a ravine northwest of Ta-Koro, so other Onu-Koro related things can be built off of the ravine itself.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Jeb has tweeted saying that when Minecraft updates tomorrow, 1.2.5 clients will still be able to work on 1.2.4 servers. No need to wait for updates again, it seems.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

So, any of you here excited that we're finally getting official modification support in 1.3? I know I am, seeing as I've always found it a pain with people constantly warring between the modification APIs. I use to run an amazing Buildcraft-IndustrialCraft-Redpower-BetterThanWolves build, then BTW stopped using Forge for their own reasons and many of the great mechanical machines I had made stopped working.Official moderator support should definitely unify the modding community a bit more.As a side note, hooray for BZP's word filter making me sound like a hipster.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Wait, the modding API is confirmed for 1.3? Excellent.

^ To add onto this, Since mods won't break after every update with the new API, there'll be a LOT less people begging and annoying the modders to update to the newest version.Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Technically not true, Trigger. Mods are less likely to break, but if new functions or features are added that the modification hasn't updated for, it probably will break. However, since we don't get ground breaking new features all the time, mods should definitely be much more likely to survive an update. To put it as an example, say a modification uses item A and function A. Jeb adds function B, which uses item A. The modder now has this item being used for something unexpected, and it's possible the way the coding goes that it'll break. And then it's also possible nothing will happen at all. So good over all, but definitely not a 100% certainty that it'll work.Then we have mods like Optifine, which don't use any sort of API; they change the core engine itself, so there's no API support for them simply because of their nature. So Optifine will still need manual updating after API. (And yes, I know Bambi was referring to 1.2.5; this isn't aimed at him/her)

voidstars.png

I'm fully aware of that Alex. I'm just saying its not going to be as catastrophic within the modding community after every update.

To put it as an example, say a modification uses item A and function A. Jeb adds function B, which uses item A. The modder now has this item being used for something unexpected, and it's possible the way the coding goes that it'll break. And then it's also possible nothing will happen at all. So good over all, but definitely not a 100% certainty that it'll work.

Doesn't that depend on whether or not the item itself were to have some of its code altered? If my understanding of Java is correct (though I'm barely ankle deep in it, schoolwork devours all my study time) the item would normally be in a .class on its own, and the new function shouldn't cause a problem unless it was similar to the other one.Coincidentally, saw read that point about Optifine elsewhere today. Makes me wonder just how much the new API will allow modders to make use of the source code. Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Simply because it's a different .class file doesn't mean incompatibilities won't happen. Of course, in this case, the chance of that is rather low; a more likely scenario is it acting weirdly/differently. Like when the survival update came out. If modification API had been around back then, your food items wouldn't suddenly start regenerating your food bar, they'd still be doing the health bar.When I can think of a better example I'll say so, though it goes to show you, if I have to sit around and think of how it'd go wrong, it's a good system. No obvious flaws.

voidstars.png

Decided to put some of the maps together into a big map image. Not all the server locations are in this image, but its a nice reference.[image]Edit: Added map 36.

Edited by Makaru
Spoiler tag removed, huge image linked.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

It's a shame about the odd lines that show up on some maps, but now I know where the gaps in our geographic knowledge are.Once Map 36 is added on, all five existing Koros will be on the big map. Four of the five are even on the same continent.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Huh. So Kadath [Po-Koro] was really part of a larger supercontinent. How I ever managed to make landfall there when I thought I was going in a straight line north is beyond me. :PAnd lines can be gotten rid of on maps in that way sometimes, Bambi. Doesn't always work.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yeah, the throw-down trick is scattershot. I find I have the best luck getting rid of the lines when precisely one other person is using the map at the same time.EDIT: The server is presently refusing the connection. This is... bothersome.

Edited by Beardy Spoon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom