BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

IC: Ra’lhen — Onu-Koro, Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

Oh right!

Ra’lhen had momentarily forgotten about Sulov’s appendage, his muscle memory once again being too quick. It seemed like the Toa Maru of Earth was accustomed to this, and responded with a powerfully-gripped handshake. Ra’lhen expected nothing less from the Mountain.

We're here on business, brother: The first is to discuss my gorp subscription,” Stannis said as he wandered to a corner booth. “The truth is I'm thinking of cancelling, but I was wondering what sort of retention offers you have. Ra'lhen is here as my backup in case 'customer support' had a bad day.

Ra’lhen slid into the booth beside Stannis. He had a modest grin in response to the Toa Maru’s wry joke, but remained silent. The Vo-Toa did not have much the say just yet, and preferred to relish in the colloquy of two titanic Toa.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Void Emissary Sorry for the wait!

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Akie - Onu-Koro Restaurant

"Hmm."

The sound she made could mean anything, Akie knew; but it wasn't deliberately meant as an agreement or disagreement to her companion's assertion that his work sounded boring. More, she was simply chewing over his answer, and hadn't found a more specific response to it quite yet. But she supposed it made sense; even jobs that sounded mundane even to those who did them were ultimately important for society to function, right?

Where would they be without pulleys and bridges and the like, after all?

Before she had chance to finish forming an answer, however, her companion was on his feet. Clearly, the activity she'd noticed was relevant to him, even if it meant nothing to her; so she, too, made to stand. No point hanging around an empty table--

On that thought, she almost didn't notice the bag tossed her way; but not for nothing did Toa have quick reflexes and, even caught by surprise as she had been, she was able to snatch it out of the air with ease. The clinking of metal from inside told her it held widgets before his words did, and she wasted no time digging in it for a handful of them.

"You got it."

Not, she realised belatedly, that she had any idea how much was a reasonable amount to leave. While widgets were a near-universal currency, how much you could get for them still varied from place to place - and on top of that, she had no idea what Gonrae's drink had been. Deciding to err on the side of caution, she doled out a generous (and hopefully still reasonable) handful onto the table, before striding to catch up with her new friend.

She still wasn't sure what to expect-- but the squeal of a microphone told her it was probably some kind of speech. Sure enough, an audibly projected voice was quick to follow.

For the first few sentences, Akie found herself lost. Who, or what, this Makuta was, she didn't know... or even if she did, it had been yet another casualty of her recent amnesia. Behind her mask she frowned, puzzling over what was apparently big news; but context was quick to follow.

First off, that this was a very very BAD thing. Makuta was, apparently, an enemy, and likely a powerful one. She wasn't sure how much of the leader's subsequent rhetoric was true, and how much was a drive to bolster his people's spirits by sounding encouraging... but one thing, at least, was clear to her.

She glanced at her companion, wondering about his reaction to what would clearly have more significant for him than it did for her.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like it may have been just the right time for a Toa to show up here," she mused thoughtfully.

@oncertainty

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro)

"That's right. the Koro hands out some regular doses of the stuff now, pretty varied selection but it's not the most pleasant dining experience."

"In fairness, it doesn't need to be. I could just absorb it through my hands in the old-fashioned way people used to prefer, and it would be about as effective."

He exposited these small details as he secured his pack, and began walking out into the streets of the Koro again.

"I'm not much of a cook myself, but some people realized there was good business in this new allowance that everybody gets now. So they figured, they could make money working with the ingredients people bring them to make something tastier out of it. I'm going to one of those"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

On 3/19/2023 at 4:36 AM, Snelly said:

IC: Oceanna - Her House -

Oceanna was quick to snatch the bag, opening it not unlike a child opening a present. Her eyes lit up a bit as she saw how much was inside, but she quickly composed herself soon after as she looked back at Aar. 

"No problem! I was happy to help." The guitarist gave a thumbs up.

IC: Aar

The guardsman disguised a wry smile as a muscle twitch and scratched at the corner of his mouth. "It's much appreciated." He gave a small nod, "That's all for you today. Unless you need anything with the guard."

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Oliphko (Onu-Koro)

"Aaaah okay I get it now. Interesting arrangement, we uh, didn't have anything like this in Po-Koro, at least back when I was last there."

She walked behind Ferron, following him and somewhat anxiously glancing at any strangers who happened to pass by.

"So uh... have you been to this place before? To the one we're going to right now, I mean. Is the staff there friendly?"

OOC: @Geardirector

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Oceanna - Her House -

"Hmmmm..." Oceanna gave some thought to his question before shaking her head. "Not really...however!" Oceanna briefly stepped back into her house before coming out with a small piece of paper with something written on it.

"I perform regularly at the inn, tell your friends, show up yourself if you want. Tips are appreciated." 

Well, it was one way to advertise, she supposed. The struggles of a musician. 

@ARROW404

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Gonrae - Onu-Koro

Gonrae's frown deepened as they walked.

He fancied he knew something about Nuparu. The Akiri was an engineer, albeit one who had pawned that into political office, an accomplishment that made him wilier than Gonrae for sure. All the same, he was an engineer. He was straightforward, that much was clear from the speech. Happy to say something that not a lot of people were willing to say. Admirable, certainly.

And yet: he seemed to see things as problems, and tools to solve them. The speech itself was one of those tools, lifting spirts and assuaging fears. But Gonrae had too much of the artist in him. And, perhaps, too much memory. The word, the name, still stirred too much of the dark times in him.

Makuta

It was a hard thing to hear spoken aloud. Even if anyone could feel it, feel that something had changed, feel that a cloud hung over the Island in a way it had not for some time. He still was not ready to hear that name again. 

And Toa were arriving on their shores, again. Of course.

He sighed, looked to his companion, and tried to muster a smile. "Aye, it may be that. But you ought to understand..." he trailed off for a moment. "Well, I won't tell you ghost stories, but that it is a very old, very bad thing we're talking about. I had hoped to never hear those words aloud."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi apologies for the wait, it's been a very busy month for me

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 8:58 PM, Void Emissary said:

"We're coming out with new varieties," he said, shrugging and holding up his hands, palms-up: what else can I say?  "Dried madu cabolo bits. Dry it right, it doesn't explode. The taste... makes you appreciate the other gorp more."

On 3/25/2023 at 3:41 PM, Emzee said:

Ra’lhen slid into the booth beside Stannis. He had a modest grin in response to the Toa Maru’s wry joke, but remained silent. The Vo-Toa did not have much the say just yet, and preferred to relish in the colloquy of two titanic Toa.

IC Stannis | Onu-Koro, Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

"That's good, new product is good, I suppose I'll stay subscribed for now," Stannis said with a satisfied nod. 

"Our second business item is more sensitive, but there is no way to address this delicately. Po-Koro has a new akiri and she is good, fair, and decisive, and we've been appointed her special envoys. There is darkness growing in the Dark Walk as the archfoe is returning from the beyond, and to fight it we are planning an expedition to seal the Dark Walk, but Po-Koro is not powerful enough to do this task by itself. We need Onu-Koro's strength, and I need your strength."

@Void Emissary @Emzee

• Like 2

“I would personally be honored to fight alongside you and the Onu-Koronans,” Ra’lhen finally said, reminding the two Maru of his presence. “No doubt you know just how dire things could get if our mutual enemy manages to reclaim any of the Dark Walks”

“Makuta… cannot be allowed any ground,” Ra’lhen said emphatically, “I have the deep-seated fear that he will try to take as much as he can as soon as he is strong enough — and if nothing else, this mission to the Dark Walk will send a decisive message. With that said: what would you and your people need for this joint-expedition to be worthwhile?”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Void Emissary

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Akie - Onu-Koro Square

Ah.

Akie felt a little bit of a chill caress her spine as Gonrae explained to her. Not that what he said added much to her understanding, but between it being very old and very bad, and the mention of ghost stories, she figured she could put together some pieces... and found she wasn't most comfortable with what they suggested to her. Whether this Makuta was genuinely some kind of undead that had menaced the island before, or whether her guess was going wide...

Well, either way. It couldn't be good.

"Well... with Toa Akie on the case, you shouldn't have anything to worry about! Who's the best person to talk to about sending this thing back where it came from?"

She... didn't necessarily feel the level of confidence that she was projecting; if she was honest, it was mostly just an act that she hoped would lift her friend's spirits even for just a moment. This place surely had Toa forces of its own that she could lend her strength to, even if she wasn't officially joining up with them; she might generally fly solo, but even she knew when something was far too big to handle alone.

ooc: @oncertainty No worries, I completely understand! I've been slow myself too, sorry!

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Gonrae - Onu-Koro

Gonrae attempted to keep a brave face in response to Akie's enthusiasm, but his far-off gaze betrayed him. He glanced towards her, studying her expression for a moment, then looked back to the crowd without 

"Not very comprehensive explanation, I realize. I'm no expert. But I do know that things were a lot worse for everyone, back when—" he swallowed, "—back when he was still around."

She really was a Toa, in the classical sense, that much was clear. All optimism and action. That hadn't always saved them, as far as Gonrae knew. Perhaps it had even led some of them to their destruction. In this case, however, she had good instincts. Doing something seemed better than doing nothing. And, it occurred to Gonrae with a certain small pleasure, she might be his ticket to getting into some interesting rooms. He had been rebuffed far down the ladder from Nuparu the last time he had tried, but coming in with a Toa might do the trick.

Gonrae gave a quick nod.

"I don't know about best, but we can certainly manage someone to talk to. The Akiri—I mean the leader of this Koro—might be one good option. If he can't help us directly, he would be more likely than anyone to know what Toa you could speak to. Certainly there will be Toa doing something about this."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi It's all good!

So, Makuta was a he... that was good to know insomuch as it would make it easier to refer to him, although it otherwise didn't increase her understanding any further. She could take plenty of guesses as to the nature of this Makuta, sure, but without the context Akie felt like she would shoot pretty wide of the mark. She already had in her head that he was some kind of undead being, and even that may not have been strictly true... so she'd wait until she knew a bit more before voicing any such guesses aloud.

Fortunately, her companion already had a follow-up suggestion for her.

"Akiri? You mean you're not led by a Turaga?"

That was standard practice, she had assumed... but in fairness, Akie would have been drawing from a pretty small pool of reference even without her amnesia. Maybe settlements were usually lead by Akiri Matoran, and wherever she'd come from had been the oddity; she, again, could hardly say. Maybe she should just hold her tongue on making random assumptions from here on out, when this place clearly had its own effective ways of doing things.

"But that sounds good! Whatever he needs of me, I should be able to do."

Whether it was joining a Toa team, at least temporarily, helping make other preparations for what she presumed would be a battle, or what. Akie was a girl who liked to make herself useful when she could, so she'd run with whatever was demanded of her.

"Where would I find him? Oh, and--" remembering something, she held out back to Gonrae the bag he'd had her pay for his drink from. "Your widgets, by the way."

@oncertainty

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Gonrae - Onu-Koro Square

Gonrae turned on his heels, now at the edge of the crowd. At Akie's invocation of the Turaga he grimaced and reflexively took a step back.

"Turaga once," he said. "But no longer. One of the ghost stories that I'll refrain from telling you for now. Don't want to scare anyone around. But now the Akiri Nuparu, the Matoran who was just speaking, rules in Onu-Koro. The same in the other great Koros, the six big ones. There are other settlements that do things differently. But here, an Akiri. And if we hurry, we might be able to speak with him. Especially with a Toa!"

With the last comment, he made to enter the crowd, but paused immediately as Akie offered the coins back. "Oh, thank you," he said, taking the sack and placing it back in a pouch on his belt. "I forget these things so easily, I can recognize my faults and—"

Then, still moving into the crowd but distracted entirely by discoursing with Akie, Gonrae plunged backwards. A look of wide-eyed surprise instantly occupying the whole of his face, he tripped and fell into the crowd.

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy. Bad memories, huh?

She winced a little. Definitely a good time to stop making assumptions, if even just the mention of Turaga seemed to spook her new friend so much; Akie could make a hundred guesses at why it might be such a touchy subject, but in all honesty she didn't need to know. A settlement ruled by its own Matoran might be a new concept to her, but clearly it worked...

And clearly things were different on Mata Nui than what she dimly perceived as expected, so she'd keep her thoughts to herself and learn, instead.

Seemed, at least, that Toa were still respected here at least, though, even if Turaga weren't; at least, that was what she gathered from the suggestion that her presence may open a few doors with the Akiri. She shrugged a little, a light bounce of her shoulders.

"Glad if I can be of help. I..."

She guessed he'd been hoping to speak to the Akiri too, anyway, given how quickly he jumped at the chance of joining her. She might have said that aloud, in fact, if not for the distraction of him accepting the widgets back, and then--

Her eyes snapped wide as she saw him stumble, and the moment his feet left the ground Akie on instinct thrust out a hand. Her element of gravity thrummed through her veins and out of her fingertips, catching Gonrae and making him just a touch lighter. Enough to keep him from hitting the ground, while also being careful not to overdo it - didn't want to send him floating away, of course.

"Whoa, careful there."

Just sounding casual, as if catching people with her elemental powers was something she did every day.

@oncertainty

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, EmperorWhenua said:

"There is darkness growing in the Dark Walk as the archfoe is returning from the beyond, and to fight it we are planning an expedition to seal the Dark Walk, but Po-Koro is not powerful enough to do this task by itself. We need Onu-Koro's strength, and I need your strength."

On 5/14/2023 at 6:17 PM, Emzee said:

“With that said: what would you and your people need for this joint-expedition to be worthwhile?”

IC: Sulov | Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

"We're the Maru," he said simply. He gave Ral'hen a generous nod of acknowledgement -- Here's one who's got his head on straight -- before returning his gaze to Stannis.

"We're the Maru, Stannis," he said again. "I tell Onu to jump, they're already in the air. I march to the Dark Walk, half the village marches with me." His gaze didn't waver from those grey eyes. "Despite everything."

"You need my strength?" he continued. "Need my people, my hometown? Then we... I... need to know the plan here, brother. Because there's no prophecy this time. No quest. You were a Guard, same as me, and this is a Guard's game now. Not a Maru's. I... can't bring my people down there on... faith. So I need to you know what your... endgame here is."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Emzee

-Void

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC Stannis | Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

Stannis leaned back and crossed his arms and cracked his signature lopsided smirk. The Maru's leader was indomitable but his thoughts were often lost in the clouds of the Massif, so he relished it when more grounded personalities of people like Sulov kept things real. "Yeah," he murmured, "so, I'm happy to say I'm not just betting on the Virtues on this one."

He glanced at Ra' as if to say Fill in the blanks if I miss anything, then went on. "The chambers down there are like a garrison building power, and if we don't claim and seal these passageways we'll allow our enemies to make free use of the Walks to their own whims. No other Koro has the same affinity as your ilk do, we're all drastically underprepared to protect ourselves if—and when—counterattacks come, so we aim to deprive the Dark Walk of its usefulness to the forces of the Makuta.

"Akiri Renaka wants to claim and fortify the Dark Walk under Po-Koro; Ra'lhen and I would rather close and bury it; neither idea is foolproof but I think they can be combined with good effect. An expedition to properly map the Dark Walk, followed by a taking of it by force to as close to the Mangaia as possible. Then, from there all the way back to the surface, establishing a network of reconning towers, seismic sensors, guard stations, and fallback points, with more hardened fortifications enabled with artillery and technology to withstand and rebuff attacks, and sufficient toa to create seals as needed at those points. 

"We know that, if truly pressed to do so, rahkshi could create new passageways, more Walks, so the idea is not to close off the Dark Walk entirely but rather to control its use and, failing that, provide ample warning to the koros in order to prepare. If we can employ this with success, other koro will be encouraged to do the same, and perhaps we'll even be able to completely root out the darkness down there.

"And your input and expertise is, as always, expected and respected."

@Emzee @Void Emissary

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

The Vo-Toa nodded in agreement.

“Stannis has the truth of it. You and your people help Po-Koro map and fortify our leg of the Dark Walk. And we Po-Koronans send our best to help map and fortify yours. It'll guarantee better security for both of our villages.”

“It won't be a quick set of missions, but a longer multi-part plan to raise our defenses piecemeal,” Ra'lhen continued, “Map and fortify, then map some more, and fortify that. Over and over”

Ra'lhen glanced from Sulov to Stannis and back to Sulov. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Void Emissary

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

"If Onu-Koro wants to enact a similar strategy for your dark walk passageways, that is," Stannis clarified. In now way did Stannis command his koro's love the way Sulov did, a shortcoming that grew equally from his non-native Po-Koronan status and ******able mystique, but in a small window of time he grew to comprehend Renaka considerably. Stannis knew she had a deficit wrought by her predecessor and favor to cultivate with the other akiri. Rejecting an offer to assist another koro doing the same dangerous work Onu was asking them to support would be a misjudgment Renaka could not make.

"You'd have Po-Koro's support in kind."

• Like 2

IC: Sulov | Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

As Stannis and Ra'lhen finished, Sulov closed his eyes, rubbing his knuckles against his chin as he thought. 

"Plan's sound," he finally said, his eyes still shut as the wheels in his head continued to turn, and he ignored the ice water running through his veins. "We'd need to bring it to the Akiri, or the Captain, but it's sound. But...."

Slowly, he opened his eyes back up.

"That word. 'Claim and fortify the Dark Walk,'" he continued. "We can fortify the Walks, and we can rig them to cry to Artakha and back when the Rahkshi start marching. But I don't like the idea of a politician claiming what belongs to the devil -- not one bit."

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Stannis | Onu-Koro, Sulov Maru’s Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

A philosophical objection. Stannis hadn't expected this sort of a argument from Sulov but he nevertheless welcomed the occasion. These sorts of concerns were what he, the most spiritual of the Maru by far, was particularly well equipped to negotiate with. 

He instinctively wanted to argue that darkness is just a lack of light, that spreading Matoran influence in the understories of their island was dispelling the evil below akin to spraying mold with vinegar, but that wasn't right. That didn't do justice for all the terrible things they'd seen as a toa team, that Sulov had born witness to as a brother or an individual. They'd dealt with evil in many forms, and each time it had been a tainted, wretched, mutated nothingness, the sort of thing that keeps children up at night and soldiers alert in day in expectant terror, not a mere infestation one dispatches exterminators to deal with. That sort of argument was not suited for this wise audience. 

He could have said that they would be claiming the Dark Walk by mere posting their koro-banners, claiming by act of martial colonization, but after so many scuffles and near-wars between akiri and mercenary armies it was foolish to lend any credence to notions of imperialism even if it were generalized to a sense of united Matoran cultural expansion. That premise had fallen flat in discussions held in learned circles before. 

So why did Stannis say the word "claim?" It certainly wasn't because Renaka had uttered the term in his presence—her concerns lied in promoting Po-Koro's security interests above anything else. The Wanderer knew why, of course, but the answer was not very palatable to most other characters: "Claim" sounded cooler and apt for the proposal given and it was a usage not concerned with semantic exactness or regurgitating the demagoguery of popular politicians. Stannis used a word that seemed fitting, and Sulov was reading into it. 

Which is why Stannis should have been more careful—after all, he knew his brother was whip-smart and keen as a honed blade, and nary a speck of ore escaped his senses so a simple misplaced word was as prominent as the most glowing of lanterns. Sulov questioned everything, as it was in his nature to inquire in all things with cautious vigilance, and among equals he would never hesitate to question Stannis himself, as he so did. So what other avenue did Stannis have but to explain his speech with the most direct, humorless response?

"Seemed like a good word to use," he said with a tilt of his head, a shrug of a shrug. "The idea is to take the passages away from the Makuta, not to merely borrow them. I haven't given up on the hope of doing away with the Darkness from our island, and if they shall not be the Makuta's hallways for eternity then to whom shall they go?

@Void Emissary @Emzee

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

"They have to go to someone?" Sulov said. "To our Guard captains and Akiri? Give each of them a backdoor key to their neighbours' homes? You were military, too, Stannis -- but sometimes I forget that you left on good terms with your superiors."

Sulov flinched, tried to hide it. He had forgotten about the stranger in their midst, an audience to a detail that didn't line up with the official biographies of Sulov Uhunga. But a friend of Stannis'....

"The Walks are a weapon beyond anything most Koro have," he continued, leaning forward imperceptibly. "Better, I think, if no one lays claim. Not Makuta... and not us, neither."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

"What the koro and our leaders do in the future is something we can influence in time," Stannis said calmly, making a plea for pragmatism and patience with his tone. His eyes belied his fierce determination, however; usually dull pearly grey, they suddenly glowed with a brilliant intensity of fiery determination. "As a warrior, I know there are current threats below that need contending. I intend to stem their danger. Do you require something before lending your strength, brother?"

@Void Emissary @Emzee

IC: Gonrae - Onu-Koro Square

Gonrae opened his eyes from his premature wince to find himself safely hovering a hand's width above the ground. With a grin, he twisted in the air above the smooth stone ground, laughing as he found his feet. His evident joy went undampened by the skeptical stares of the Matoran nearby.

"A thing like that!" he said. Gonrae dusted himself off as he stood, an entirely vain impulse given that he hadn't actually touched the ground.

"You're quite a bit different than the only other Ba-Toa I've known," he said, nodding his head. "That's a compliment. Now, shall we?"

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi

On 9/3/2023 at 7:52 PM, EmperorWhenua said:

"What the koro and our leaders do in the future is something we can influence in time. As a warrior, I know there are current threats below that need contending. I intend to stem their danger. Do you require something before lending your strength, brother?"

IC: Sulov | Sulov Maru's Trail Mix and Hookah Bar

"We couldn't influence the tide of civil war between our koro, brother," Sulov responded, his voice flat, without accusation, merely laying out facts and concerns as one might lay out plates for dinner. "And where Makuta goes, trouble brews. Outside and in."

But his green eyes were softening; by fractions, yes, but softening nonetheless.

"But there are threats," he continued. "And we're the Maru. We fight the threats. I'll speak to Nuparu, and the Captain, and I'll convince them of your plan. And when this is all said and done..."

By fractions.

"...we'll make sure that history doesn't repeat itself."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 3 weeks later...

Once right side up again, the Toa released her elemental grip, allowing the Matoran's gravity to return to normal to let him regain his feet. She chalked his laughter, an unexpected response, down to the fact that floating weightlessly wasn't exactly an everyday experience for most people - or maybe relief at not taking a maskful of dirt - not giving it much more thought. She did, however, flick a casual wave to the staring passers-by.

Her brow slid upwards slightly at his observation, however.

"I... I guess I wouldn't know. I can't say much for sure, amnesia and all... but I don't feel like I'd ever met a Toa of my element."

The amnesia was a funny thing. It didn't trouble her, but every so often she'd get a flash of... not even memory, not really. Just a feeling that something either had or hadn't been a piece of her lost experiences, a feeling often gone before she could even really put a finger on it. Was this normal for those who arrived on this island with no memories? Was she experiencing something weird? She couldn't say.

She also didn't care much to ask.

Although she did have to wonder, at least slightly, what other Ba-Toa were like if they were so different from her. Then again, hadn't he said only other? If she and this one other Toa were so different, who was to say which of them was more typical for their element? Again, she didn't feel inclined to push the matter.

"Sure," she nodded agreeably. "Lead the way!"

@oncertainty

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."