The Island Of Pain

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Kono - Ashring - Fighting: Levacius had Vertan under control, so Kono ran to aid Amalia in her fight against Reptak. He saw the swarm of green shards that was attacking Amalia, and paused, unable to fight against it without injuring his ally. It would take far too much concentration to attack each shard with many small blasts of shadow... Amalia was on her own for the moment. There was always his Felnas... but if Reptak went off like a bomb that close to Amalia, he could kill her. OOC: Sad but true. --IC Klax - Shimmering Maze - Fighting: Klax zipped behind Jontan, flinging more shards of metal at the Toa of sand from behind with kakama speed. OOC: Klax could just run up and run Jontan through, maybe I should just do that and see how ToDD reacts. :P -Klax

OOC: Ah, I didn't read that. Thank your very much for clearing that up.IC: Tenu / Molten Toothy baneTenu managed to asorb the heat again as he was getting dragged, screaming at the heat. When he was done, he had minor burns, more painful than serious. He activated his mask, burst through the ground, and smiled. "Another day to live. Fun, fun."IC: Darkon / Parched WastesDarkon sat in his fortress, healing and muttering. "Need someone to assist me if my plans are ever to work... Need allies..."OOC: Open for peaceful allying interaction.IC: Zeus & Hades / Getting destroyed in shimmering mazeZeus cursed in pain as a needle plunged a millimeter into his armor. He plucked it out, wincing and gasping. "That was... Interesting." He murmured. Turning on the other two in the room, Zeus lanuched 10 lazers at different points in the maze, turning the whole room into a deadly lightshow of reflecting lazers. He then began to circle around them at lightspeed, a very, very hard target.Hades used his shadow powers to crush the one of the wall, walking into a long, stretched hallway. He pulled out his longsword and sighed as he walked down it.IC: Ajax / Dragon's RoostAjax turned to Gortir, his face a mask of seriousness. "We need allies. The two of us can't survive amongst so many. I've seen a few of the more powerful ones cross the desert. We stand no chance."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: AshringKono was right; he would need very, very good precision to pick off each shard of the constantly rippling and pulsing cloud that covered Amalia. The Skakdi kept her blinded with his particles to prevent telekinesis, choke her by trying to enter through her mouth and/or nose and ears, and stab into her flesh, hoping to stop her own attack. Using the Felnas to scatter his form might as well send his sharp pieces flying into both. All in all, Reptak had the advantage. After the rock was broken, Vertan leapt to a new spot, hoping to avoid more lightning, only to feel more jolts."You like my weapon?" he hissed, shooting an arrow at Levacius, using his voice as a guide. The sound arrow was aimed down at the ground, fragmenting it to tiny pieces and creating another cloud of painful ash. Hopefully that would ruin his vision."So, since I have no more insults for you, Toa of Sparks, why not tell me why you have a reward on you?"Even as he said this, Vertan maneuvered his way around the area. He knew if he stalled Levacius, the Toa would faint from the heat. It was just a matter of time.

IC: Levacius / AshringWhen he first heard the earsplitting noise of the sonic arrow, Levacius did a roll forward diagonally, and thus only took a few splinters as he stood up. His arm was already starting to feel better."Because some of us want off this island, Skakdi. Some of us don't like being pets." he said, emphasizing that last word.Vertan didn't have to worry about the heat. However, he was no less susceptible to the ash in the air. Moreso, in fact, as the sulfur was just as damaging. His sense, inferior to the enhanced senses Levacius had, were making it harder for him. More so, he underestimated the toa - he was recovering from that last brawl far quicker than any like toa Vertan had encountered before.Levacius got a lock on Vertan for a few seconds, and took it to his advantage, unleashing a faster than normal, though equally powerful, bolt of lightning to stun the Skakdi.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC Kono - Ashring - Fighting: Kono realized one thing that he could do; take Amalia out of there. If he could teleport through shadow with his weapons and armor, why couldn't he take another being? He blasted through the cloud of shards around Amalia, just wanting to cause some form of distraction as he rushed into the swarm himself, grabbing hold of Amalia's arm, and transporting the two to another location away from Reptak. "Come out and fight like a man!" he shouted at Reptak, preparing his shadow powers for combat. OOC: Not quite sure if this post is legal... but I had to do something. -Kono

IC: Amalia: Ashring:Something clicked in Amalia's mind-- an illusion. She assumed that Reptak had no mental protection. She created the illusion where Reptak got into her body, shredding organs and blood spewing everywhere. She however, was the only one aware that she was alive, and flew backwards to a safer position.

IC: Ashring Levacius didn't have the advantage of impact vision. Vertan blasted the stinging, black dust and flakes from his eyes, whereas the Toa would need to wash it out. The gases in the air didn't bother him as much as it would his foe, especially with an improved sense of smell. Fire types like him were used to being in such extreme places.Unless Levacius had some form of healing power, he was recovering just as fast as Vertan. Both had recieved enough damage that it was surprising they weren't unconcious. He was probably covered in horrible burns and scorch marks, with cook muscles and skin. Vertan felt no better, but his hatred for this Toa kept him fighting."If you wished to leave," the Skakdi said, "then why did you go after that cache? Fight me again in the desert? You're only doing what the Shepherds want! How is that escaping?"Then he felt the Toa of Lightning on him, and the electricity coming. Trying to fight the increasing pain, he threw his claws out, hoping to shred the Toa to bits.Kono might find cuts on him from heading into the cloud. And as the Toa had saved Amalia before the illusion, he knew it to be fake, for he hadn't succeeded in killing her from inside. With the fake reality gone, Reptak retreated into the cracks again, moving through them to the sounds of battle. OOC: Last post for today, and possibly for awhile.

IC: Levacius / Ashring"Because, Skakdi, you can't break free without supplies. Something even you should be smart enough to figure out."Vertan wasn't close enough to claw at Levacius, but now that he had a hit on Vertan, Levacius pressed every moment he had. He released thousands of volts of electricity into the being, hoping to turn him into a charred cinder - an ironic death for a fire user, he thought.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Grotir smirked mentally at the ignorance of Kinika. If she ever had to dispose of him, it'd be relatively easy."I allied with Ajax here," she explained with a point of the claw. "We are currently discussing if we should try to get another ally and, if so, who it should be."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: I don't see how you were able to see past that illusion, Magnus.IC: Terizov: Ashring:Terizov flew away from the battle, knowing he was not a strong force there. He could find his companions with his Elda, so getting lost wouldn't be a problem. He saw two figures in the distance. He got next to them, landing on the hot ground. "Ho there slaves! Might I ask for a few moments?" Terizov asked

IC: Parched WastesRubble from the ground was telekinetically lifted up to openings in the ceilings and held there. "Okay, Desiana. Use your Kiril on the rocks," Greel said.

-==IC: Desiana//Oasis Ruins==-Desiana nodded, as she placed her hands on the walls, and activated her Kiril, having more luck this time, as the Kiril started to slowly fuse the rocks to the wall. It took a little while, of course, but it did work this time; probably because there was less to actually replace. Desiana nodded, after the rocks had finally been fully repaired, though it did take about 10 minutes or so, due to her inexperience with the mask.

OOC: Because he saw Kono reach in and teleport Amalia away before he could succeed, so he knew it wasn't real.IC: AshringMiniscule pieces of green crystal billowed out of the cracks beneath the fighting pair, swallowing Levacius as he releashed electricity. With the sudden surprise of having dust forcing its way into his nose, mouth and ears, the Toa's concentration fractured before the pain got too intense. Reptak had come to aid Vertan, having followed their voices to the spot where they stood. He needn't block the Toa's eyesight, for the ash did that quite nicely, but he did it anyway as Vertan threw off Levacius. "Arrogant Toa!" spat Vertan. They had come to a much less smoky area, so he could see his adversary. "I will survive longer than you here. And I'm not foolish enough to get a prize on my head!"Even as he said this, the Skakdi brought his claw down, flames violently dancing from his palm as he drained heat from the ground to fuel the fire, which grew in temperature and color as they closed in on Levacius. His partner had returned, and so did his powers.Reptak had pulled away from the blind Toa; he did not harm him as he tried on Kono and Amalia. He was for Vertan to finish. The cloud simply returned to the cracks.IC: Parched WastesGreel dropped his hold on the rock, no longer needing to hold them up. He lifted his arms, bringing more stone to fill holes and cracks for Desiana to repair. It may have been a slow process, but with them all working together, they could get it done.

IC: Levacius / AshringLevacius realized that he was caught in trouble."Well, Skakdi, if you refuse to die with honor, then you shall know the same of me. There is a rule that originated with the League of Six Kingdoms, back before Spiriah even messed witho you. It's called live to fight another day."He released almost 15% of his electrical energy in an instant pulse, and sent another 30% out across a few seconds, streaking out across the area, and inflicting anything from severe damage to potential death upon his primary adversary - at the bare minimum, injuries and enough of a distraction to prevent the continuation. At the very least, Vertan was completely blinded from the instant flash, something his impact vision could do nothing to save him from.Levacius flew away at a rapid speed, landing near Kono and Amalia. "We can't keep this fight up, not here in Ashring. Find Terizov, wherever he flew off to. I'll begin searching for allies. Send messages regularly, and I'll makes sure you know where I am. I didn't expect the fire Skakdi to have a companion, but now we know - and we know their powers. We can be prepared. Good luck."He continued flying away, towards the south. He needed to get to Shadowtangle. Find some plants to treat his burns. Something to wash out his eyes.He didn't want to consider attempting to run - his muscles were even more sore now that the adrenaline was fading, and he was covered in black char marks. Vertans club had done a number on his blades, though getting them repaired was hopeless."How did they know where we would be?" he asked himself. "Shepherds must have informed them about us. Blast! I'm in no shape for melee fighting now. Not until I recover some more."OOC: See you later. No way I'm sticking around there.IC: Elynirus / Parched WastesElynirus had taken to some of the less repair oriented details. Deciding where a wall would be set up would be important, so she found a few long, spike like stones and impaled them in the ground across the area that it would have to be built at. Once they had a stone or iron user, anyways.She had also gone ahead and moved the furniture - a silly task, but at least they had seats and a table in the meeting room there. On the table she scratched in a diagram of the ruins (OOC: There is no diagram.).With that, she had turned (OOC : This all being over the course of 20-30 minutes) to helping the others with repairs, moving fallen stones where they had once been and taking care of any critters.--Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: AshringFortunately, Reptak was unharmed by the attack, safe in his crystal form. The electricity did cover the cracks in debris, though, but it wasn't something hard to slip out of as dust. He assumed his standard form, seeing his companion blinded and hurt... and their enemies escaping!Let them flee, he thought. We have won this time. He can't hide on this island forever, and hopefully we'll find them before they fully recover. Reptak noted the direction in which the Toa flew away, and then launched a parting "gift" for them. Gathering the surrounding air, the Skakdi of Air crafted more solidified air spheres, hurling them at the departing beings. The air bubbles were many in number, all shot out in rapid fire, and nearly invisible in the night, being air after all. He releashed them all in rapid fire, just as he had before at Amalia and Terizov. They wouldn't see it coming, especially since their backs were turned. "Come," Reptak ordered, helping the wounded Vertan. ''Let's get you healed. Maybe the Shepherds will help. You are their part of their Team Patronage."

OOC: I wanted to make sure you had nothing to stop me before reaching this location.IC: Levacius / Shadowtangle CoastLevacius landed on the coast of Shadowtangle, removing his mask and letting himself be covered by the water. It was soothing for him, and his eyes were back to being clear once more.Searching around the shoreline, he found a few ground plants (OOC: Equivalence to the Aloe Vera of our world). Pulling off pieces, he began treating his injuries, growling. Using bolts of electricity to close any open wounds, he winced at the pain. Nothing compared to a club to the head, but when moving hurt, pretty much everything else did too.Wading out into the water, he tried to gain his footing. He didn't have the medical know-how to recover, however; he needed a healer.OOC: Need to improve weapons... need to gain allies... must reach iron toa.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: AshringReptak had guided Vertan to the Ashring shore. Nearby lava streams poured into the water, causing it to boil and turn the molten rock to stone. The smoke was much less clouded over here, all of it up in the sky instead.The pained Skakdi of Fire knelt on the rock, helped by his partner, for his vison had not yet returned. Waves splashed against the rock, droplets of water falling on him. He lifted his arms in the air, his claws open."Shepherds!" Vertan called to the sky, addressing the slavers as if they were sky spirits. "Here the words of your servent, Vertan of Team Patronage! I have fought valiantly to fulfill your orders! The Toa of Lightning has fled, alive but greatly harmed! I ask for your assistance... please heal your loyal slave!"The pair of Skakdi awaited for some "miracle" the Shepherds might grant. Reptak thought he spotted a hovering Observer somewhere. Maybe that recorded the message?OOC: TPtI, might the Shepherds send Caretakers to heal him? I read it was a perk of the job, so I thought I'd ask.

OOC: They're actually atop the Dragon's Roost ;}IC: Grotir didn't look up. She had spotted the raven, but not felt it to be of much importance considering it hadn't exactly said anything."Yes, you are. But why should we care?," she deadpanned. "Have you anything to offer, bird?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Doru Araeba: Haven Cove:"Pardon me? I didn't know I was ? ? I'm Doru, Doru Araeba of the Kull.EDIT:IC: Terizov: Ashring:"Well, let me offer you this: destruction of the Sheperds. Give it a thought," Terizov said to Grotir.

Edited by Rakata

IC: Levacius / ShadowtangleMoving from the water, Levacius made a decision - he still had use of elemental powers, and the mind of a master warrior. That was all he needed to defeat anybody on this island.Well, he hoped.Flying off, he decided to do a few sweeps over Toothy Bane and Shadowtangle before doing anything else - maybe a few new allies. He wanted to investigate the source of that massive signal fire, and now had a chance.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Void - Parched WastesSuicavel's attack had forced Void to his knees. Void didn't like being on his knees.Slowly, forcing every muscle of his body to obey, he rose to his feet, smiling wolfishly at his opponent.'Fool,' he said, bringing his sword in front of him, 'You can't kill what's not living.'He charged, willing every step to plant, praying he could get a good swing.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Suicavel / ShadowtangleVoids blade cut through thin air, Suicavel having warped through his own shadow and reformed in another a good distance away. Keeping up focus on the Avsa, he sharled "It's dangerous to go alone. Meet annihilation, pathetic Vortixx! Join all of those I have slain in death!"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Thank you. ^_^IC: AshringThe green healing energy felt good, sealing the injuries up. Vertan's arms dropped to the ground, his head lowered as he bowed. He was glad for the treatment, and now showed his commitment to the Shepherds."Tell the masters I am grateful for their generosity! I will follow their orders with loyalty and devotion!" the Skakdi cried.He saw it all now. Follow the Shepherds, and they will reward you for your services. Where was the point in resisting? There was probably no way off this island, and he could bash all the slaves he wanted, get paid, and have his health restored.Reptak had watched the Caretakers heal the damage to his partner. He didn't need any of it, for most of the attacks on him were mind-based, and he wasn't of the team. He could recieve no treatment. "I just hope you know that you can't always go calling out to the Shepherds for healing," he snapped. "You'll annoy them to the point where you'll get no more, with your constant lust for battle. If you can't stop fighting, try to not get injured too much. Sometimes you'll have to recover on your own."The Skakdi of Air wasn't jealous, merely informing him not to expect or take advantage of the slavers' "kindness". Vertan got to his feet, saluting to the Caretakers and then turning to Reptak. "You know where where he went - that Toa?" he demanded. His ''friend" nodded. Whereas Vertan could turn to the Caretakers, Levacius had to deal with all the waiting and suffering of recovering. It might take him weeks to fully recoperate, wherever he went.... He was no doubt trying to find shelter or supplies right now. "We won't go... we can't be sure exactly where they went, and I'm not going to waste my time on him. Besides, I have other plans..." Reptak said, staring out at the northeastern sea, thoughtful. How and where to find a Iron-wielder? OOC: Last post for today.