To Save The World!

IC(Mr. No-One): "And you said one of the enemy has been taken out of the fight."The spook sighed, shifted slightly down in the hole, and mumbled something about bees. This was going to be a long day.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: WHAMThe Reaper's helmet shattered. His head whipped backwards, streaking blood. He was out for the count this time.Gravity tugged at Fellwyd's insides as The Reaper's levitation power faded. They dropped towards the water below, which was churning as more shipping containers and suddenly-limp corpses splashed into it. Both halves of the barge were still sinking rapidly, and submerged completely moments before the falling pair hit the water...OOC: There's something that feels so satisfying to me about an arrogant villain getting smacked in the face. I did it to Grand Cross in TRTW and friggin' loved it.

IC(Mr. No-One): One of the paramedics looked down into the hole, to find the spook looking back up through half-open eyes."Hey, if you don't mind, focus on people on level ground, first, The likelihood of any of my injuries being life-threatening is really fairly low."The medic, surprised and slightly relieved that he didn't have to figure out how to get the man out of the trench just yet, nodded, and went to assist his colleagues with getting Skyra to safety.OOC: Yeah, it's fun rattling a villain's cage whenever possible.IC(Fellwyd): The alien released his grip on the Reaper, and brought his limbs in close to his body to protect his head and torso on impact. If the enemy died on impact with the water, that was his own fault, and there was nothing the alien could do to prevent it. If he lived, then the Diemawr warrior would have to drag his unconscious body to dry land - either way, his first responsibility prior to impact was ensuring his own safety.With a distinctive crash, the two fighters slammed into the waters of the bay, sending up plumes of red-tinted water. The alien felt the impact like the blow of a hammer, and was momentarily stunned as the force of the impact pushed the air out of his lungs. Soon, though, he bobbed to the surface, and began searching the water nearby for the unconscious Reaper.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Stella chuckled, motioning to the roaring wall of flames blocking the exit.“If you think you can simply leave, then I invite you to do so,” she said. “Of course, as you’ve pointed out, if you’re in league with Frigid she’ll soon be aware of what’s going on here. All the more reason of trying to dispose of you quickly...”Another groan, much louder this time, echoed through the station as white-hot flames licked at the ceiling supports. The roof likely wouldn’t last more than a few more minutes if this kept up. Unfortunately, as much as Fade would like to explain things to Stella, he was far too busy dodging a near-constant bombardment of fireballs. It looked like Stella didn’t particular want Fade to stop long enough to talk; understandable, considering the Fade she knew wasn’t the sort you’d trust to have a nice chat.---As Plasmafire shot down the tunnel, a glow appeared further down. Not faint, as what dim light remaining in Grand Central had been, but a brilliant glow casting the tunnel in shades of orange. As he got closer it became easier to identify; a swirling wall of fire covered the entrance to the subway tunnel, waves of heat rippling and melting train tracks as they went. This likely wasn’t much of a problem for Plasmafire, but the same probably could not be said of X-Calibur...---Mystic hadn’t been fully prepared for Nightwatch’s vision; when she’d said his eyesight would be useful, she’d meant simply in the sense that at least one of them could actually see. But clearly he possessed vision enough for the both of them; merely riding on his eyesight was nearly a sensory overload for Mystic.But she did her best to cope; between Nightwatch’s senses and her psychic trail, she could feel how close they were right now. Mystic wasn’t about to let herself fall behind in her duty; she was not going to let those villains escape.[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Lord Rahl won't be able to post until next week. In the meantime he's asked me to keep Loadstone and Aquarius busy.

OOC: So that's why he hasn't responded! I had Ultionis shooting at Aquarius here. Any chance you could fill in on that? If not, I could just switch targets. Which villains are neither immune to bullets nor holding a valuable hostage?And yes, I do try to avoid full-OOC posts, but this seemed unavoidable.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:

Kaname sighed, "Wow, didnt I just tell you? If i were a Ally of Frigid, then it would be her right now not me. Thats the point I'm trying to make here." But he already knew this type of Hero...he was once part of a small group with one that was almost exactly like her, only the hero he was thinking of was a Guy and he was like...a teenager.

Kaname turned up his little Lightning show a little higher, "Thats much better, Your heat dont feel different from the Heat my powers generate."

ooc: CoKK remember that his Lightning is Black in color, so yeah that could also be a 'he's a suspect' look.

IC:

"Thank you for choosing bank of America Sir." said the Clerk. X-Blade had suddenly turned the whole 'Bank robbery' into a joke. Surprisingly everyone bought it. Why? He didnt know.

Of course everyone thought he was actually nicer anyway. Too bad though.

He hefted the satchel and looked at a piece of paper, "Sluice, member of the League of Salvation. Power: Water Manipulation....Promising." He had to remember if he could do it's trick for her.. "Ah yep, okay then Target Sluice."

ooc: Kutuma, is it alright to have a small battle?

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

OOC: Lord Rahl won't be able to post until next week. In the meantime he's asked me to keep Loadstone and Aquarius busy.

OOC: So that's why he hasn't responded! I had Ultionis shooting at Aquarius here. Any chance you could fill in on that? If not, I could just switch targets. Which villains are neither immune to bullets nor holding a valuable hostage?And yes, I do try to avoid full-OOC posts, but this seemed unavoidable.H-D
OOC: Check again - I already did. ;)

"No, this is." A torrent of ice and water streamed from Aquarius' hand. Loadstone sent purple ribbons of magnetic energy from his own (which, sadly, served to warp the path of Ultionis' stun round, veering it off-course).

@Kenpachi, that's fine. She lives in Swindon, England, though she's not at home right now. I imagine the most logical thing for X-Blade to do would be to go to her flat and lie in wait, given that there isn't really a way for him to find out where she is at present. She'll be returning home in a little bit.IC: Moments after breaking the surface of the water Fellwyd felt a sudden current seize him towards a wide ice platform. Sarah was standing upon it, slightly shivering. The Reaper was laid across it too, ice binding his wrists and ankles to it. His eyes were closed and his nose bloodied. His chest rose and fell slowly."Here," Sarah offered Fellwyd a hand, helping him onto the bobbing platform. Waves lapped at the platform's edge as another current formed, pushing them gently towards a set of stone steps leading up onto the quay. The bay was eerily quiet now; all civilians had fled, and the ominous barge and all its contents had completely disappeared into the murky waters. Sarah looked at The Reaper."Could you carry him up please?" She asked Fellwyd. "He's a little heavy for me."IC: Gadgeteer said nothing - he wasn't the sort for mid-battle banter. Then again, he thought, would trying it help his masquerade as a hero?"The only one to do the killing, here, will be... no-one," he declared. After an awkward pause he ran at the villain, ready to unleash that punching barrage he'd thought about just now... Edited by Kumata

OOC: ...I could've sworn I'd read that post ^^;; My bad!NPC: Ultionis just shook his head. Now the heroes were getting in his way? Unintentionally, sure, but it was getting irritating. Then again, heroes interfering was nothing new to him - they seemed to object to his methods. Since this was likely to happen again with a ferrokinetic in the way, and he'd left his ceramic-tippped, non-ferrous piercing rounds in the cycle (that's not a joke) he would simply have to switch targets. Lessee... Pyrokinetic: Immune to bullets. Airokinetic: Has the hostage. Dark-matter guy: Already out of the fight, and anyway it might not be safe to shoot him. He sighed. Why must supers make a simple job so darn difficult? Well, at least he was able to observe Typhoon's method of entry through the scope and memorize the details. They'd gone through a lot of trouble to hide that safehouse. Without him the heroes might not have found the entrance in time. Come to that, they still might not if he didn't hurry. His job as a sniper was more or less done. He packed up the rifle (in pieces, for easy transport) and dashed down the stairs to the half-a-billion-dollar piece of hardware he called his ride.The basic idea was a motorcycle, but those dinky things bikers used proved insufficient, so it was scaled up a bit. A lot. Ever seen Final Fantasy Advent Children? Think of the FENRIS motorcycle, only with armor. Lots of armor. In fact there isn't actually a single opening until the top panel slides back to allow entry. The wheels are significantly wider to account for the weight and balance, and threated with titanium and kevlar to keep enemies from simply shooting them. The armor is slightly more durable than the average tank with half the weight - a new alloy, expensive as pure diamonds so even the military could only afford so much. That is, of course, just the defensive capability. With side-mounted 9 mm. gattling guns, armor-piercing rockets, a rotating, top-mounted grenade launcher fitted with specialized ammo, a flamethrower routed through the exhaust pipe and razor-sharp, titanium alloy spikes in the wheels, he felt comfortable taking on any superhuman threat in this baby. Especially since all the above were retractable with the push of a button, turning it from a pod/motorcycle transport vehicle into a hybrid of a tank, a cycle and an armory in under three seconds. There was even a little inscription on the side in latin, which roughly translated to "Though I Ride through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear no Evil, for I am Driving a Horse-Sized Mass of **** You!" Poetic.It was in this beast that he drove up to the heroes pursuing the kidnapper, coming to a halt next to two of them. He steps out of the pod-cycle and nods to them. "I don't suppose either of you know how to get in there."OOC: FYI: Those two are Nightwatch and Mystic.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Sadly time was not on the heroes' side. As soon as he entered the safehouse, Typhoon observed the wormhole in its centre. He re-grabbed Danielle and dived in, warping out of sight. Nihilo had followed inside the safehouse, whereupon Gap addressed him."Are the others close..?"

IC (Nihilo): "I have no idea. It looked like it. None of them fought a dude who could control air. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Right now, I'm going through that portal."With that, Nihilo entered the portal, again adjusting his velocity to be able to stop before he hit anything, much less Typhoon or the girl.

IC: Almost as if in response, Negaire landed outside the safehouse. He attempted to vault over the window, but forgot for a moment about his injuries. As his body wieght transferred to his arms, he felt his wrist crack, and pain shot through his injured shoulder. He strangled a scream, and fell heavilly onto his knees before dragging himself to his feet. "I'm gonna need to use that new infirmary..." He groaned, clutching his wrist as he walked over to Gap.IC: Plasmafire studied the fire barrier for a moment. He realized that most of the stuff down here actually wasn't flammible, so this fire must have been set by superhuman means. That meant if he could shover the fire away from a small area, it wouldn't spread back in, and X-Calibur could get through. He reached out and used his powers to gently nudge a pathway through the fire. With so much of it for Stella to keep track of, he hoped she wouldn't realize his intrusion. He had to move fast now... He dove into the fire, his firey form the perfect camoflauge. He travelled down the fire until he saw what he was looking for. He positioned himself as close to directly in front of Stella as he could while still remaining hidden, then leapt from the flame, hovering in the air with his arms crossed. "STELLA!" He boomed, trying to sound menacing. "STOP THIS! YOU HAVE THE WRONG MAN, LET THEM GO!" He severely hoped he seemed sufficiently ghost-like...

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC(Fellwyd): The alien looked down at the Reaper, noticing in passing that his hands were shaking slightly - Diemawr were, while not exactly cold-blooded, less adept at managing body heat than mammals, and the waters of the bay had not been warm. Still, the job was done."I will carry him, yes. I wonder, what is the process for punishing these would-be tyrants?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: @Kutuma: It's a long flight to Swindon..oh well XD(side note: X-Blade is pronounced kye-blade.)IC:X-Blade got his information. All he needed now was a Plane... My target lives in Swindon..long flight. Well lets hope that she's not home. he wanted to do a little, 'sitting in the dark room when target gets home' to freak her out. Of course it's not like she could do anything to him, unless she had a partner with her.It was later that he boarded a Private jet to England. This was going to be fun.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kaname heard Plasmafire's voice, Well, his timing couldnt be better..actually it was pretty good.

Edited by Kenpachi Zaraki

odstreflect.png

OOC: Would either of you mind if Fellwyd tagged along for the fight? There's not much that doesn't beat being an alien hobo in Cardiff, and it would be a little weird if a League member just let something like that go on its merry way.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Stella spun around, whirling to face Plasmafire. Just for a few seconds, her control over the flames seemed to falter."What trickery is this, now?" she asked. "You're sending dead men to fight your battles now, Fade?""Not as a rule, no," said Fade. "But if they want to help, I've got no problems with it."Flames flared in Stella's hands, ready to blast Fade regardless of Plasmafire's intrusions. Fade was just about to wonder if he'd even get a chance to begin explaining himself before he got reduced to a crisp, when-"Stella! Stand down!"X-Calibur jumped through the gap Plasmafire had made in the firewall, arms raised to shield himself from the blaze. Stella brought the fire down slightly for his protection, but still left just enough burning to prevent an exit."But we've got him!" Stella said. "Think of how many good heroes have died at his hands? Justice must be served.""Yeah... well... he might not actually be the right guy," said X-Calibur. "We're taking him back to base, and then we'll find out just who he really is."'With a great deal of reluctance, Stella's let her fires burn down to embers. With a suspicious glare towards Fade, she marched off down the tunnel. X-Calibur made a motion towards Fade and Kaname with his energy machete, suggesting it might be wise to follow."God, I hope your right about this," he whispered to Plasmafire. "Otherwise I can't imagine this ending well for anyone..."---Hivemind buzzed overhead, circling the safehouse. She spotted the entrance Typhoon had used, and descended like a twister to the ground. Since she didn't have nearly as minute control over her bugs to work a door, she reformed, opening the entrance and-CRUNCH.An unseen force slammed into Hivemind, hurling her through the entrance and sending her tumbling across the floor. Further down the street, the culprit of the telekinetic strike came charging towards the safehouse. Mystic had apparently chosen to ignore Ultonis's; she was nearly there and time was of the essence. With barely more than the sight of the assembled villains to guide her at the moment Mystic was rapidly clearing the distance to the safehouse, mentally forcing the doorway to remain open with her mind. She wasn't going to let these villains go without a fight.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Plasmafire dropped out of the air, cancelling the fire around himself. He whispered back to X-Calibur as the walked down the tunnel. "I'm right, trust me. That's the Fade I came here with, I know it. I just hope Stella doesn't try for any more vigilante justice... She'll follow your orders, right? I've never met her in my universe, but she seems like a bit of a loose cannon... No offense."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:Kaname's lightning form vanished and he sighed in relief. "Good timing." he muttered. Actually, Kaname didnt know if he would have been able to make it, he never tried anything like surging through the small cracks..nor did he ever try to go into electrical circuits...nor did he want to try.he followed quietly. so far he didnt know why he came on this little mission, guess he thought this would give him a good jump. Ah well, this was his first time actually dealing with this kind of situation.

odstreflect.png

IC:"She's just been through a lot; we all have. We've lost far too many fine folks the last few months, and we lose more every day," said X-Calibur. "But if your Fade is really what you say he is, I'll do everything in my power to see that no harm comes to him."Fade, meanwhile, picked himself up off the ground, brushing soot and ash off his armor. He immediately darted for the exit after the others. Even if Stella had halted her assault, the ceiling still had to be dangerously unstable. Not wise to stick around.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: I've no problem with that. Sarah's not the sort to just abandon Fellwyd anyway; she'll likely try and get him to join the League. I've an idea of how it'll all progress in my head, which is sort of necessary as I've three players wanting interaction with her in short succession...IC: "We have a, um, a legal system, do you understand that term? He will go to court and be put on trial," Sarah explained. "It's quite complicated, but the purpose of it is to decide what the best punishment for his crimes would be." As they climbed up onto the quay she rubbed her hands together to try and generate a little warmth. Her overriding desire was to get out of here as fast as possible - the place still stank of decay and she wanted to change into clothes that weren't sopping wet - but she knew that she had to be professional about this and see to it that The Reaper made it safely to the authorities. She beckoned for Fellwyd to follow her as she made her way out of the bay.To their good fortune they didn't have to go far to find the Police - a group of officers were standing around a patrol car as soon as they rounded a corner. One officer approached Sarah and the situation was explained: apparently a perimeter had been created around all entrances to the bay - since the Police had no way of combating an enemy on the water they had decided to hang back and let the two heroes handle the supervillain. The other officers eyed Fellwyd with wary eyes, but were most pleased when The Reaper was handed to them. As Sarah answered a series of questions about the incident, foil blankets and warm drinks were gotten for the two."Um," said the officer holding a tray of polystyrene cups, glancing over Fellwyd's reptilian form, "d'you like tea?"IC: "Any idea where Hivemind and Aquarius are?" Gap asked of Negafire...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Plasmafire looked at X-Calibur and nodded. "I swear, on my honor as member of the League of Salvation, my universe's Fade is a hero. After hearing everything I've heard since coming here, I realized that he's indirectly saved my life. He stopped his Frigid from taking over, so I never had to die. In a weird, roundabout way, I owe him my life. Thank you for giving us a chance, X-Calibur. We won't let you down."IC: Negafire ducked as he heard a slam outside the safehouse. He looked up and saw a familiar figure sliding across the floor. "Found Hivemind!" He cried, reaching down and pulling her closer to the portal. "And the heroes found us! I dunno how long we can wait for Aquarius!"

IC:Practically on cue, Hivemind slid across the floor, coming to a stop at Gap's feet."here i am..." she mumbled between groans, staring up at the ceiling. "we've got a psychic on our tail, by the way..."'[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Say, with the whole alternate dimension thing going on the side, are we allowed to have/control alternate versions of ourselves in those dimensions, like could an alternate Skyra show up in that alternate universe?

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC: Ultionis nodded and closed the hatch again, heading off after her. Being that he was the one in a vehicle, it took much less time for him to arrive at the entrance, screeching to a halt, and jump out carrying an assault rifle and with a pair of pistols strapped to his thighs. "As I was saying: Might be easier to open the door than smash through it. I know how to do that."H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Ooh yeah, I was wondering about that myself...

IC: "G-go! Both of you! Into the wormhole!"Gap had two choices; jump in after them and close the portal, or stick around and wait for Aquarius. The former would leave a fellow member of the Coalition stranded and possibly captured. The latter would risk the same, plus she might also get captured. Not really a choice in her mind... hoping that her father would not deem her decision to be the wrong one, Gap stepped into the swirling blackness of the wormhole. Seconds later it snapped shut, leaving the interior of the warehouse just as innocent and featureless as it had been before...

Edited by Kumata

IC(Fellwyd): Fellwyd indicated that he understood the concept, though, in truth, had someone tried to pull something like this on his homeworld, they would have been slaughtered on the spot, no questions asked. As his people understood it, a formal legal system was reserved for cases in which guilt did not appear certain.When they reached the police, he handed over the unconscious villain, and took the foil blanket, wrapping it around his frame to provide some warmth. When the question about tea was posed, the usual translation delay was slightly longer than usual, as he had to take a second or two to decide exactly what tea was. From the smell of it, it was probably something along the lines of the result of boiling herbs in water."I have not tried it, but it does not seem dissimilar from a beverage I am familiar with, so I will try it."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Negafire stumbled out of the portal, still dragging Hivemind. He set her down and collapsed himself, panting heavilly on the floor.

OOC: I'm pretty much going on the rules from way back when with the whole Kingdom of a Thousand Tears sequence from the old topic; you can probably request an altverse character to appear (but let's not have everyone making requests like that, seeing as nearly everyone is dead in this universe), but you can't control them if you're not in the plot. So you can probably request I include an altverse character and I can try to fit them into the plot, but just know cause this is an alternate reality they're probably gonna die horribly. :PIC:Mystic sent the door blasting off its hinges, her eyes aglow with energy... just in time to see the portal snap shut. She was silent for a moment; then, with a wave of her hand, blew a fairly sizable hole through a nearby wall. She didn't say a word to anyone as she exited the building, but the bottled-up fury was unmistakable.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: So wait... Since I'm in the plot, could I control altverse characters that I own? Or when you say "if you're not in the plot', do you mean characters not in the plot?

OOC: I suppose controlling them in an NPC capacity would be okay (especially since I really don't have personalities for altverse characters planned beyond the ones I already intended for the plot, so that makes things easier for me). I'm just trying to limit an overwhelming flood of characters beyond my control getting awkwardly shoved into this (remember kids, it can't be post-apocalyptic without everyone dying first, sorry to say ;) ).[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

NPC: Ultionis' features were hard to read - his mask covers his whole face - but his body language suggested restrained anger as he wordlessly stepped back into the vehicle and shut the top with the touch of a button. Inside he checked his computer to be sure - yep. The one he tagged with the radiation was nowhere in this state, and there weren'tenough surveillance satellites with the equipment to detect that kind of radiation to do a better sweep. All he could say for certain was: Not in Washington, not in Tibet, not on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Brilliant. He turned the cycle around and headed back to check on the wounded and report a mission failure. With any luck he would have a chance to make up for it once the ransom note came in.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Okay. :) BTW, is Plasmafire gonna get a response from X-Calibur? :P

Kaname walked and listened, "So..can I ask how long ago did this whole thing with Frigid take place? I want to see if i could remember what I did that day. Of course if this whole thing happened then my Cave might be frozen?" He was actually curious about this, maybe he can figure out if he died.

odstreflect.png

OOC: Sorry about that, Korkoa. I'd meant to edit a response in, but got a little sidetracked by new posts and forgot about it.IC:Hivemind groaned slightly as she pulled herself up off the floor. That psychic lady had sure packed a mean telekinetic right hook... or... right lobe, Hivemind supposed. She adjusted her shades, glancing over at Nihilo. Almost casually, she rolled through her list of insults for a suitable retort, but stopped herself. This guy fed off negative energy or something, no use in insulting him. Well, in that case, time to be a big frickin ball of sunshine, rainbows, and puppy dogs made of ice cream and friendship."Well gang, now that that's done, I guess I've got nothing better to do than go talk to Grand Cross about the mission, huh?" she said, a wild smile spreading across her face as she stepped past Nihilo with an exaggerated stride. "Oh my god, isn't that just wonderful?"---"Don't start thanking me just yet," X-Calibur said glumly. "You're in the same lot as the rest of us, and the odds aren't exactly good, mate. Plus, it's not like there's much I can do to help you get back to your universe."The tunnel gave way to faint light once more as the group entered Grand Central once more."Well, I'm sorry, I didn't bring my Supervillian Day Planner, so we can't exactly compare schedules," said Fade. "But by my estimates, I'd have to say maybe five months ago. I've been very busy, hard to keep track."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.