Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Maybe a more primitive version of this can be used as a Vortixx ability or something?

If you have specific gameplay mechanics in mind, I'd be glad to hear them. :) Otherwise I have enough to do with re-balancing other powers, really, I'm sorry.

Would other shields have an attack as well? Maybe something like a shove like in skyrim, or just blocking?

The shields with abilities would likely have their ups and downs. For example, the Rhotuka shield would likely be one of the shields that are heavy enough to make you a bit sluggish in using it. Tahu's spinning blade shield may have a slight projectile and/or contact damage feature, but although it would be quick to use it would also require a very brief spin-up time before it reaches full efficiency (and would maybe just have 75% damage resistance before it does, compared to normal shields and their 100%).
Maybe you could add a skrall shield that if enemies get close, takes damage when "blocking"? :) Or did you state that you're not planning on adding Glatorian elements?
He has said that he won't include anything from the Glatorian line. Though it still would be cool...

Well that's a pity... there is so much potential... maybe someone else will take up that role once everything is set up. :) One can only hope. :begging: lol

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Maybe a more primitive version of this can be used as a Vortixx ability or something?

If you have specific gameplay mechanics in mind, I'd be glad to hear them. :) Otherwise I have enough to do with re-balancing other powers, really, I'm sorry.

Would other shields have an attack as well? Maybe something like a shove like in skyrim, or just blocking?

The shields with abilities would likely have their ups and downs. For example, the Rhotuka shield would likely be one of the shields that are heavy enough to make you a bit sluggish in using it. Tahu's spinning blade shield may have a slight projectile and/or contact damage feature, but although it would be quick to use it would also require a very brief spin-up time before it reaches full efficiency (and would maybe just have 75% damage resistance before it does, compared to normal shields and their 100%).
Maybe you could add a skrall shield that if enemies get close, takes damage when "blocking"? :) Or did you state that you're not planning on adding Glatorian elements?
He has said that he won't include anything from the Glatorian line. Though it still would be cool...

Well that's a pity... there is so much potential... maybe someone else will take up that role once everything is set up. :) One can only hope. :begging: lol

It might be somewhat simple for katuko to copy/paste the entire game and turn it into a Bara Manga version :P

Highly unlikely, and I don't think you can actually copy/paste an entire game like that. I'm not sure, as I haven't used GM in a long time.

Also, quote pyramid.

Edited by Flamewing Studios

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I wish to keep the game in the Matoran Universe. I have already used a sprite of Gresh' blade as the "Poison Sword", though, and Strakk's Ice Axe is also present. I'm not entirely opposed to including Bara Magna items, you just won't see Glatorian combatants and such. I already have enough to do with the MU species, and I honestly just like them more. This game is a years-old idea as well, and despite receiving lots of changes it still sticks to the initial concept of a MU-based war.

It might be somewhat simple for katuko to copy/paste the entire game and turn it into a Bara Manga version :P

Highly unlikely, and I don't think you can actually copy/paste an entire game like that. I'm not sure, as I haven't used GM in a long time.

Also, quote pyramid.

I could probably re-use a lot of the coding for other things, but by the time I'm done with this game I will be ready like you don't believe to do something else than rehashing the same game. :P

Please, everyone: Remove posts you are not directly quoting from your quote chain, or cut them down in size. It's annoying to see the same posts repeated over and over, especially big quotes that start taking up half a page just by themselves.

EDIT: Another new sprite. Some of the Toa Metru weapons I have available in the Rayg kit don't look so good, so I'll be redoing them. Here is my version of Nokama's Hydro Blades.

hydro_blades_rayg_by_katuko.png

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 2

@Katuko: Those are really cool. I have one of the over-sized swords in Rayg if you want me to post it. My excuse for physics allowing such a weapon to be properly wielded? Gravity defying device. 'Cuz why not.

Just add a glowing rod through the middle and it'll be fine :P

• Upvote 1

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Does a weapon sprite have to be flat? Can it have multiple layers?

EDIT:

I've made a kinda awkward sword, but with a bit of editing, it could probably be made into something better.

They have multiple layers already, for glow effects etc.

I like the sword shape, and I don't think it would need all that much editing.

Ok good, I was planning on enveloping it in fire in a way similar to the magma blade.

I downloaded this, but for some reason the screen stayed black once it loaded. The fullscreen hotkey works, as does the screenshot, but the screen is black. Screenshots show properly though. This looks like a really great game and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I downloaded this, but for some reason the screen stayed black once it loaded.

Sounds like a graphics card issue. What system are you running, and do you have any special setup such as dual GPUs etc?

@Flamewing: Feel free to make separate frames for whatever effects you think your weapon could use. The Ice Axe, for example, has the ice coating as a separate image that is laid over the main weapon sprite.

I have added a little twirl of fire to the sword that spirals around the blade. Here is the original and here is the fiery one.

I downloaded this, but for some reason the screen stayed black once it loaded.

Sounds like a graphics card issue. What system are you running, and do you have any special setup such as dual GPUs etc?

@Flamewing: Feel free to make separate frames for whatever effects you think your weapon could use. The Ice Axe, for example, has the ice coating as a separate image that is laid over the main weapon sprite.

No special setup. A Windows Vista laptop. My brother's computer runs it fine. Great game.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I agree with Makuta Luroka: the flames might need to be a bit brighter, probably just by upping the opacity/alpha of the fire to max. Interesting take to make it burn in a spiral; if you made about three frames total for that spiral moving up or down the blade that would be nice. I imagine a spiral-shaped flame could be recolored and resized to match other blades and elements as well.

I managed to make a GIF for the fire. It's a bit off, but I can fix it later. The thing I used to make it a GIF darkened it a bit, btw.

VX8fIi.gif

And here are the individual frames.

TiltSpiralFire1_zps658b98b4.gifTiltSpiralFire2_zps3f3e818e.gifTiltSpiralFire3_zps45523a60.gif

No special setup. A Windows Vista laptop. My brother's computer runs it fine. Great game.

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. Devil's in the details, they say. What graphics card do you have in yours? Can you hear sound?

I managed to make a GIF for the fire. It's a bit off, but I can fix it later. The thing I used to make it a GIF darkened it a bit, btw. VX8fIi.gif

Looks compressed. I can see the background being noisy.

Oh wow months after I last visited and I see this HUD update being discussed. :P

It's really cool.

I know, it's awesome! Also, how long has it been since you last checked this topic(excluding most recent, of course), because there's been a few mini games Katuko's made as sneak peaks of what's going to be implemented into the game. The latest one demonstrated aiming with long-ranged weapons. Just thought you'd like to know. Edited by Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Hey dudes! I had an idea: how about somebody sprites some of the weapons from the Bionicle playlets? Those were pretty cool!

I used to have the Piraka Fortess so I could sprite some.

awesome! I have a few that I got from a tag sale, I think they're from one of the Mahri sets. I may try to do a couple of them.

20795.jpg

Why not make them the Toa equivalent of Rahkshi Staffs? Changes appearance depending on element.

I actually kind of like that idea, but i don't think it would really work, since there are already other weapons with Toa elements.

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

Why not make them the Toa equivalent of Rahkshi Staffs? Changes appearance depending on element.

I actually kind of like that idea, but i don't think it would really work, since there are already other weapons with Toa elements.
Yeah, I'd have to concur with this...while I do like the idea it is somewhat random.

So, Silence, guys. Silence is the most boring Rahkshi power ever. Why I even put it on the list is beyond me. Sure, being able to absorb sound as a Toa of Sonics, using Silence as your mask power, or as one of at least 40 other powers would make it a nice extra tool to have, but as a primary power? There is little use in Silence in a game like this without other stealth abilities such as being a Toa of Sonics with a Huna. As a Rahkshi power, it is being removed, simply for being both boring and kinda useless.

But don't worry, I have been testing an alternate Rahkshi power that looks to be a lot more fun. Here's a screenshot from a test file of mine.

In other news, I have been testing out shader settings again. Color blending will be nice and simple, it seems, though certain colors might look slightly different from before due to a few changes in how colors are applied. The results will be overall better, though, and will open up for more color options - such as being able to have two-colored weapons and masks.

I don't remember if I've posted it before, but here is another thing I've tested:

bf_skakdi_vortixx_wip.png

Actually programming the new engine is not happening at the moment due to my studies taking up a lot of time, but the small test runs I do here and there look promising as far as sprites and minor mechanics go.

• Upvote 2

@Katuko: No, I don't believe you've exhibited those sprites prior to now.

This is great! Perhaps the third time you've inspired me to try out GameMake Studio. Karz, I guess I should try to work with it. I've been studying Python as of lately, but I think I can manage to make this one of my secondary studies.

As always Katuko, keep up the good work.

Rahkshi of Elasticity?? YESSSS!!!

I know, it's quite exciting. It's too simple to be worth a full EXE download, but I'll get a GIF of the effect for you later. It's kinda cool.

by the way, have you ever considered making shoulder armor a separate item from chest armor?

Yes, though I have worried about how armor types - like Kanohi - may fail to be "readable" if they come in all kinds of shapes with no connection to stats. Still, I believe there won't be all that many armor types anyways, so it's probably still an option. Edited by Katuko

Elasticity Rahkshi!? WOOHOO!!!

And will Vortixx come soon?

"Soon-ish". Which is to say "someday". At least it'll likely be a two-fer-one deal with Skadki and some other goodies too, due to the way I will have to program it.

Does this work only for windows? :(

Yes. Glorious PC gaming master race.

Actually, Apple is just stingy about you needing to both own a Mac and set up a dev account to even export to their format with GM:Studio. It naturally complicates things.

"Soon-ish". Which is to say "someday". At least it'll likely be a two-fer-one deal with Skadki and some other goodies too, due to the way I will have to program it.

Actually, Apple is just stingy about you needing to both own a Mac and set up a dev account to even export to their format with GM:Studio. It naturally complicates things.

/r/pcmasterrace

bBhcfWO.png

Aww...[:(][:P]

cLT23Pz.png