Most In-Character Set

Aanchir

The antithesis to the question asked in this topic: which set design did you think most suited the character's story role?For me, I think the Toa Inika designs would probably lead the pack, since their masks had a great deal of expressiveness. I could totally see Jaller's caution, Hahli's spunk, Kongu's determination, Hewkii's guts, Nuparu's curiosity, and Matoro's quiet contemplation in the mask designs. The masks even had slight similarities to the previous masks those characters had worn in many cases.

It was only a matter of time until this topic was made.

Jerbraz.And Gadunka.And Vezon, he kind of looks crazier than the other Piraka.

Jerbraz...I can't tell if you're joking. I know he doesn't have a set, but I also know he's invisible. Maybe you can put the pieces together for me?Anyway, my choice would be Takanuva, circa 2003. The Mask of Light has always represented an expression of determined hope, and Takanuva acted as an ally to the Nuva team, even having a similar build to theirs.-Ced

The Piraka all had wonderfully expressive faces, which suited their characters well. Reidak looked brutal and course, but somewhat intelligent; Zaktan looked totally alien, almost witch-like; Vezok looked animalistic in his rage... And so on.Not to mention that they basically had Tiki heads, which added to the fact that they were posing as Toa. It's a callback to the Polynesian aesthetic of 2001, which is a detail that I don't think gets much recognition. I love that everything they did was basically a twisted parody of the Toa Mata.

Hmm...I think the most in-character set in my opinion is...Takadox.Shceming hiding traitorous weak fool he is. And you can totally see that in him.

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

The Piraka, having actual faces and not just masks were very fitting. Same goes for the Toa Inika whose masks looked more like faces than masks anyway. Tahu, Lewa and Kopaka had very matching masks, too.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The Piraka's monstrous appearances were very befitting of them. You knew they were up to no good, yet at the same time the solid builds showed power. Gotta love those evil grins, too.Speaking of power, I think Axonn was also well represented. Beefy hands + broad shoulders + giant axe = yeah, he's strong.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm gonna go with Toa Inika Nuparu. The guy's set displayed (what I assumed to be) his ingenuity, what with the add-ons such as his shoulder mounted Zamor launcher and the claws. None of the other Toa Inika had any enhancements like that (prototype Hahli's flippers could count, but they didn't wind up in the end product, so it's up to interpretation). Granted, no orange to be found, but I didn't hear such complaints from people when the Toa Metru came out, now did I?

Edited by Great Mask Of Armor

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

:kaukau: The original Toa seemed to simply embody who they were in so many ways. Especially Kopaka and Gali. After them, I would really like to say that, while they are now my second favorite villain sets next to the Bohrok (being les fun to play with), the Rahkshi certainly are cooler looking, and they have so much character. And they totally embody their in-story identities as the sons of Makuta. Totally, totally, totally.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Barraki all had great expression, Pridak looked like he was capable of sanity, but would stab you if you put a TOENAIL CELL out of line. Takadox, a schemer. Mantax, a dark-looking antisocial murderer. Carapar looked like the baboon he is (or was turned into by Takadox). Kalmah seemed to have a haunting and haunted look at the same time, a reference to Pridak stabbing him in the eye, perhaps? Ehlek..well, spiky. Looked like he would blow up at any moment, but only if he wished it.And of course Tahu. All his forms, even Mistika. The righteous glare of the Hau, the stronger, fiercer look of the Nuva, an upright, no-modification body type typical of lead heroes, and the Mistika mask really sold the "wiser leader but still fierce" idea.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Takadox and Pridak, probably. The Inika, with the exception of Hahli, seemed in character, and they were successfully reprising their roles as the Mahri - Hahli was successful in her set form that time.

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toa Mata Lewa. It kinda looks like he has a big grin, which is perfect 'cause he's Lewa. :miru: See? :P

Ah, yes, my dad used to point that out ALL. THE FRIGGIN'. TIME. To the point where I myself think it too.Anyway, all the Toa Mata, really. They all had that real "individuality" to them that I felt a lot of the later sets didn't. They were all very different, and they looked it too. Tahu was the leader, so he looked more "basic" compared to the others, Kopaka actually looked like the kinda guy who would say "I work alone", Lewa looked like a kid-at-heart kinda character, Onua looked like the most likely out of all of them to be able to lift heavy stuff, Gali looked the most graceful/peaceful, and Pohatu looked like a nice guy who could still kick your butt...or rather, kick a Kolhii ball into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...